Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #4

Default Babies Born February 2008 #4

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in February 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-3-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Alex has his 2 month needles today and he's been a royal PITA since.
    He has barely slept and now that he is sleeping he is overdue for a feed and i have to go out!
    Argh.
    Today was a crap day
    Anyway, hope everyone is well.

ash - did you give him some baby panadol? Poopy was grizzly and restless after the needles but slept once he had the panadol.
    love the pix!

i have now. mum said i should have given it to him beforehand and he would have been less stroppy all day.
    oh well he's sleeping now. speaking of which i should probably too

Katkins! Stay strong and do whatever you have to do to make your life and the lives of your gorgeous children sane and peaceful. Your kids deserve to grow up in a nurturing and loving environment and if that happens to be without a Dad then so be it. Doesn't sound like he's much of a dad anyway. I wish you all the strength in the world!
    .....geez that makes me angry!

Katkins, I am so proud of you. I so understand the sleeping part with the kids. Just think if they did have something wrong, Im sure the mother would be the first one to blame.
    I agree with danda post 100%.

Ash, I just hate needles given to kids. I freak . Poor little things :-(

Rock on Prama! I couldnt do anything like that. I would have a huge handicap with a baby the size of Jake.(5 kg at birth.) I would have massive cannons lifting that boy. Yikes!

Sorry about the lack of personals. Im lost since starting a new thread.

The garage sale went great in the morning, but dropped off in the arvo. Heeps of clothes went off to the salvos. Just way too much to sell.

Enjoy the morning off.

My heart goes out to all the families whos lost someone in the war.

I have the highest respect for all people who fought for us in the war.

How could we forget....

Hi All
    I'm back. I have been reading but not posting for the past couple of weeks. I am soooooo far behind I won't even attempt personals.

Life has been pretty chaotic but good. Luke has been great and sleeping well during the night. His day sleeps aren't so good. Can usually get a 45 minutes sleep cycle out of him but no more so during the day he seems to get more and more tired. Feeding has been going well and he is busting out of all of his clothes (damn !! have to go shopping again ).

Had needles a couple of weeks ago which went well. He screamed as the needles went in but with a bit of distraction and a cuddle soon forgot all about them. Was sleepy, feverish and a bit whingy the next day but right as rain the next.

Getting lots of giggles and goo's and ga's which are so cute. Luke is starting to hold things for a short while in his hands (once I put it there), still HATES tummy time and loves looking at himself in the mirror.

Welcome to all the new people in the thread. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hope everyone is doing well and the bubs are growing, growing, growing.

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been way too busy!

Katkins - sorry to hear about DH. Same goes - I agree with everything danda has said.

Jacki - good to see you back, I was worried about where you had gone! DD also still hates tummy time, but I am persisting nonetheless! How gorgeous are the giggles! DD has just started giggling and I love it!

prama - I missed ACA! Such a bugger, I would have loved to have seen the story and you and Lakshman. I love the new pic you have up of him!

Hi to everyone else, sorry I am way too far behind for personals, and I am on the pc to write a speech for a wedding next week and I really should get around to starting it!

I hope everyone is going well.

Bun xx

hehe - Poopy also doesnt enjoy tummy time, he's fine if he's on the chest, he raises his head high. but he doesnt like it on his playmat. he lies there for a min or so, doesnt try to really lift his head then starts to cry.

bun - it's on the ACA website..

Kerrie - sorry to hear things are so tough for you right now. I can't imagine how difficult for you it must be and especially with all your children. Just wanted to offer you some support and hope that things improve quickly for you soon. Do you have family nearby that can help?

Amelie had her 8 week check this week - 6.26kg so she has put on nearly 3 kg since birth! All going well and her big sister has been gorgeous too, very loving and giving lots of kisses and hugs which has been beautiful to see.

On the upside - bubs has found his voice which is so very very cute and I just love it.

On the downside - decided to sing and chirp and giggle and goo and gaa from 5.00 until 6.00 this morning in his cot. i finally got up to feed him and then he wouldn't go back down until 7.00am.

This brought the sleep into more of a day sleep rather than night sleep so only slept for his usual 45 minutes !! aaaarrrggghhh !!!

Anyone else having major problems with the 45 minute sleep during the day. Its driving me insane. He sleeps for 45 minutes then up, not ready to feed and then by next feed is due he is too tired to feed properly and then straight back to bed after feed and thenup 45 minutes later.

Good morning ladies,

Jakes already dancing. He just loves music videos, expecally dance music ones. He kicks in time with the music throwing his arms around. I have just taken a recent photo of him. Hes getting sooo cute. I just wanna hug him to death.

Jakes going through a crappy period at the moment. He wakes once through the night still, but goes crazy 1/2 hour before his feed during the day. I think his getting alot better. Hes only been like it for just over a week.

I have back pain on and off at the moment. I think having a 5 kg baby at birth hasnt helped, and hes very heavy now. I might have to go and see someone about it. I have never been to a chiro' before.

Im just posting his new picture now.

Take care

Karlie - very cute that Jake is already into music. I know Luke enjoys hearing music already but he doesn't really respond to it much.

For all you ladies with older bubs who use dummies - at what age did they start to find their dummy in the cot at night and put it back in their mouth ???

Jacki,
    It look Tara years to do that. She was too tired in the middle of the night to get up and look for her own dummy. She would just cry and make us look for it. I was so happy when Jake didnt need a dummy. Its a real pain to get up just to shove the dummy back in their mouth. Tara got so dependant on the dummy that she would want to go to bed with 2 of them. We would spend hours looking for lost dummies sometimes. Its going to interesting to see how Jake will go teething without a dummy. So far I recomend not to have a dummy. Jake sleeps better coz he doesnt need any help to put himself back to sleep, and it took ages to get Tara off the dummy. My friend and I both took till 2 1/2 to 3 years old before they would give them up. I hope this helps Jacki.

Just a quick post, it is too cold in here..

Prama - we received the birth certificate from the second application today, so that's worthwhile doing...

Jasper is still not sleeping very well during the day; I am lucky if I get him to sleep for 45 minutes. Sometimes he sleeps for only 10 minutes and then expects to be fed when he wakes up. Trying to keep him happy till 6 pm is getting very difficult. Does anyone know when this is supposed to get better? Today I tried him in his sleeping bag with his arms out, as he seems to hate getting wrapped, and he slept reasonably well. But I am just a bit worried that he will be getting too cold at night with his arms out. Is everyone still wrapping their bubbies?

esme - thanks for letting us know. we'll wait for another week or so and see. else we'll go see them.

we're still wrapping Lakshman, he doesnt complain though he seems to get his arms out but still within the wrap. he gets his fist caught in the fold. i get worried at night cos he puts it over his mouth and that he might cover his nose.
    he doesnt sleep much during the day either.. most an hr. usually about 15 mins or so. it does get tiring. but he now sleeps from about 10ish 11pm to 4ish 5am sometimes 6, so i dont want to complain..
    the days are getting more tiring.. he doesnt like his tummy time on his playmat but will do tummy time on our chests. he starts crying on the playmat.. and he doesnt seem to want to lift his head high either. but he;s fine on our chests. is this ok?

Hi Everyone,
    We had a busy weekend with my DS turning 3 and a few birthday partied to attend.
    Prama -- saw you on ACA you look great and poopy is gorgeous.
    With tummy time it is important as it helps develop neck strength, my MCHN suggest to put a wrapped towel or nappy under there chest to give them more support. My boys hated tummy time but gradually got used to it. By the time you feed and burp and change them and then they have a play and tummy time its exhausting.

Jacki -- great to see you back. I used a dummy with my first but not with DS2 or DD. I found it very hard getting up all the time to replace the dummy -- and my DS2 survived without it. DD will only take the dummy occaisionally and I am happy with that. My first DS was almost one before he would replace his own dummy!

We are still wrapping DD but we leave an arm out, she has a sleeping bag with arms as it is so cold in Ballarat. I will soon start to not wrap her I think they suggest from about 3 months on they shouldn't be wrapped. I was terrified of not wrapping my DS1 as I thought he wouldn't sleep but he got used to it very quickly. He was 6 months by that stage!
    Hope everyone has a good day
    I have a cold and no voice so the boys think it is hysterical !!
    Sue

Prama I'm still wrapping, i was told wrap unil at least three months as that's when they're startle reflex begins to go away - but if you think lakshman's lost his already then that's fine. Alex' comes on and off, and sometimes he wont sleep and will scream until he is wrapped. So we seem to be fifty fifty at the moment.

Alex is still playing up from his immunisations... how long will it laast?
    It's made him so darn cranky and on top of that his colic seems to have gotten worse.

JAcki i wished i'd kept off ther dummy longer. I used to let him have a cry and he'd settle himself, now i seem to give him the dummy for my own sanity and im really regretting it but until he starts sleeping again im not taking it away yet.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast