Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #4

minky i read on the net that they can start from 3mths.. but the same, drools, blowing bubbles, but gummy smiles!!

DH passed on his cold to me, and ive been feeling so crap the last couple of days.

Bummer Prama that you have caught Dh's cold!!! Let him know how crap you feel and get him to help you out with bubs more whilst you arent well!!!

I hope you get better soon!!!

thanks minky..
    dh has been helping heaps.. i've been sleeping between feeds, and some feeds he gives him formula. i think this is the most sleep ive had since the last trimester! i feel better today, so i'll give dh a break so he can rest before work on monday.
    i just hope Poopy doesnt catch it.
    i wanted to get better so that i can look after him by myself during the week.
    thanks minky!

Great to hear that you are feeling better today Prama!! Thats awesome that your DH has been helping out so much..I bet all of that sleep makes you feel like a new person!!!!

thanks minky! it did make me feel heaps better. i took some anti-histamine after the last feed, and he slept from 10-5.30am and it was enough to get out of my system to give him the 5.30 feed.

i've only today taken out his baby scrapbook, i was going to do it before he was born but he came so early!

how are you girls going with head lifting and turning over. he doesnt like his tummy time on the mat but seems to be ok when he's on the sofa. so at least he's practising that way. no attempt to roll yet.

Smile

Good Morning all,
    Prama I hope you are feeling much better. I have had a funny throat on and off for the last week and now my boys are sick! Of course DH is away it always happens when he goes away.
    Luckily DD is being an angel she has slept 12hours each night for the last 4 nights and then has only been awake for a max of 1-2hrs at a time during the day. I have been blessed.
    We have a mothers day evening at Kinder tonight so hopefully DS1 will be well enough to go.
    DD wriggles alot but not rolling as yet. I have also noticed the drooling thing and she does have very red cheeks at times as well.

Have a good day everyone

Sue

Hi everyone,

Parama- Hope you are better today.

Amber too gets red cheeks and drools. But I have felt her gums and no teeth are around.
    Does anyone have one of those Bumbo seats? I am thinking of getting one but not sure.

Well DD has just woken up. She is in the best moods when she wakes. I get so many smiles!

Prama - Luke is also drooling like crazy (has been for a coupld of weeks) but no signs of teeth yet (thankfully!).

Sue - nice one on the long night sleeps. It really helps you function better doesn't it. DS is sleeping anything from 8 - 12 hours in a go each night. Hopefully the 12 hour nights will become more and more frequent.

Jen - A friend of mine has one of the Bumbo seats. Really loves it.

HELP - Day Sleeps
    DS is driving me crazy with day sleeps. I certainly can't complain about his night sleeps but the days are really bad. I can only ever get 45 minutes at a time (very very occasionally 2 sleep cycles 1.5 hours). By the end of the day he is just so tired and irritable, hard to feed, arching his back etc. And sometimes extremely hard to settle for his night sleep. Is this just a phase ?? Is everyone else going through this? Otherwise any tips on getting him to sleep longer than one sleep cycle during the day???

Jacki how long do you keep him up for after a feed?

As for teething, I'm quite positive that Alex is.
    On top of the drool, we have warm temps, red cheeks, teeth visible high in the gums, constantly grizzly and wanting cuddles, interrupted day sleeps and all is fixed by panadol - unfortunately the only thing i can give because teething gel is not allowed until four months.
    I didn't want him to cut early but i don't want him to be grizzly for the next eight weeks other... Never can win.

Smile

Hi Jacki,

My two DS' were exactly the same would only sleep for 40mins and by the end of the day were really overtired. With my first DS we took him to the baby chiro as he was a vacuum extraction and had a fractured clavicle at delivery -- he improved slightly after this and some days he would sleep two sleep cycles and others only one. He got much better after his 3 month growth spurt and then after solids at 6 months (sorry)
    With my second he wasn't gaining weight and by eight weeks he went onto formula and improved from there.

DD is totally different so I don't know if it is a boy girl thing, but usually she has two sleeps during the day of 2- 2.5 hours and then a catnap in the arvo evening. She has cut herself to 4 bottles of 220ml each and has slept for 12hours the last 4 nights. Now hopefully I haven't jinxed myself by writing it down.

Could Luke be hungry??
    I really sympathize Jacki because I used to be beside myself at the end of the day with DS1. Sometimes I would go for a big drive so he could sleep -- but petrol being the price it is now and its just not practical I know you want to him to sleep in his own bed.

Has the MCHN said anything????

Sorry for the essay.
    Good Luck

Sue

thanks girls - i feel better but had a migraine headache last night. so bad, i was throwing up. and pelvic floor was acting up.. a bit of wee when i threw up (sorry TMI)

i asked the early childhood nurse about drooling and she said at this stage they drool a lot cos htey are producing more saliva but dont know what to do with it. it doesnt have to be teething.

jacki - lakshman was sleeping on 15-45 mins at a time the last few weeks during the day. this week he slept all the way between feeds. so i dunno.. it's so tiring when they sleep so little.

gotta go. he's hungree

Jacki - Jasper is the same. I only get two 45 minute naps in the morning and then in the afternoon 1 of 30 - 45 minutes if I am lucky... He does sleep well if I keep him on my shoulder; up to two hours, but I don't want to make a habit out of that. It seems to be improving a little, though, today he slept after lunch in his cot and that hasn't happened for the last couple of weeks. So hopefully it is just a phase... He does sleep well at night; anywhere in between 10 - 12 hours per night. He has changed so much though in the last few weeks, I put the being unsettled and not wanting to sleep down to him being so much more aware of his surroundings in the space of a couple of weeks. Especially since more bubbies on the forum seem to go through the same...

Ash - Jasper does the same; drools and has red cheeks and is generally unsettled, no signs of teeth that I have noticed...

Sorry girls, no time for more personals; have to go put bubby to bed....

Thanks for replies ladies. Hopefully its just a phase but it seems to be gong for a long time ! I have the 3-4 month check up with MCHN on thursday so I am sure she will have lots to say about it !

Ash - the time I keep him up varies. I just look out for tired signs.

Sue - not to sure if he is hungary or not. I usually just offer a feed every 3 hours as he isn't a baby that cries very often and very rarely cries out for food so I generally don't know when he is hungary.

Esme - maybe you are right about them being unsettled as they are more any more aware of surroundings and just "haven't got time for sleep" - too much to see and do. Its great that Jasper does a 10-12 stretch at night.

Also over the last couple of days having trouble getting him to feed - keeps having a suck, stretching out legs/arching back, pulling off and then going back on again (not very good for my nipples). He is being such bugga.

I would love to put everything down to a 'phase' or a growth spurt but can't help thinking it is me that is doing something wrong and I have run out of ideas as to what to change.

Jacki- Amber is exactly the same as Luke. She will only go down for a sleep cycle at a time during the day. She is also feeding very quickly. I keep putting her back on, she does a couple of sucks and then comes off again. So I reckon she has finished the side and put her on the other side where she drinks quickly and does the same thing... she does seem content when she is finished though.
    I am putting down what she is going through to that 3 month change in the brain they go through. She sleeps well at night so I am thankful for that at least.

hi..
    the LC told me sometimes they pull back very quickly if they get a lot of milk and need a breather. not sure if this applies to you girls..

ooh. lakshman wriggles at the boob like he's wrestling a python! hurts!!

ohh., the pregnancy, baby expo is in sydney 16th-18th!
    Pregnancy, Babies and Childrens Expo you can print out the free tix.
    Last edited by prama; May 6th, 2008 at 10:27 PM.

hi - it's been a while since i wrote as i just don't get the chance anymore to get on with a toddler & a new baby!

We're doing well despite the lack of sleep from DD2 in the day (sounds familiar!).

Teething - my DD1 was drooling, red cheeks etc from 3 months and everyone said she was teething. Which could be true as i now understand most of the pain happens before the tooth erupts - it's as it's the moving in the gum which seems to cause most distress. Her first tooth popped through at 6 months so 3 months of movement on & off.

We're off to the UK to see family in 2 weeks for a month long trip - wish us luck with a 22 month old & a 3 month old!

RoyaUK - Good luck and enjoy your trip!!! You are a brave woman... We are going to the Netherlands in June and only have Jasper, but I am nervous already!!

Jenjams - Jasper does the same; he keeps pulling off and my poor nipples are quite sore again... Hopefully they'll get used to it soon. He is content after a feed, so I just think that he is getting more efficient.

Roya - oooh good luck on your trip! it's a long flight.
    We're flying to Kuala Lumpur in June (Esme we're flying on the 14th, when are you flying out?) and it's only 8 hrs but im nervous as hell. DH flies w us but he comes back after 2 weeks and Lakshman and I fly back in August by overselves.. eekkkkk

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast