Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #4

Thanks girls
    I am pretty sure we will go. What's the worse thing that can happen ?? I guess he might be tired the next day and a bit grizzly but its a Sunday so DH can share the load.

Esme - nice one on getting DS to sleep at around 5.00pm. What time does he get up in the morning ?

Danda - I think I would have pooped my pants !

Yeah, it can be hard deciding whether to go out for dinner or not with bubs. I went out for dinner the other night and left around 9.30 and bubs didn't even wake up when I put her in the car! She barely even woke up once we were home and I got her out of the car and into bed either. So easy! Her bed time is around 7-8pm and I find between then and 1 or 2am she is dead to the world. After that is when she is more easily woken and sometimes can be hard to get back down, although other times she is asleep before she has even finished her night feed!

I am thinking about whether to give DD some solids. I finally bought a high chair the other day (yay for a toys r us sale!) and I have bought some baby rice cereal. I will see how we go.

DD has been way better since we started the reflux meds, but still has times when she is quite unsettled and upset. Hopefully they get less soon. Nights are definitely much better, but she thinks getting up time is anything between 4 and 6am! Not her mummy's usual wake time!

I hope all are going well. No time for personals as DH is lurking around waiting for the puter...

jacki - hope you have a good time and all goes well. you deserve some adult time!

danda - i would ahve been terrified! you were being a very good concerned neighbour!

bun - glad catherine is better now.

i was going to type more but forgotten again. have started to pack, so much to think about!
    have a good week girls xoxox

Jacki - Jasper wakes up for a feed in between 2 and 4 am and after that usually when it starts to get light (6 am-ish). But I know he is not hungry then, he goes about 4 hours on his big middle of the night feed, so over the weekend I let him whinge for a little while and he went back to sleep! He slept until about 7.30! Didn't work this morning though... up at 6.

Ash - Jasper knows exactly when it is time for his big sleep; doesn't matter what time he finished his last day sleep (even if it is half an hour earlier); at 5 pm he starts to whinge and that only stops when we put him to bed. The only activities that can stretch him past five are a bath and a feed... But if I wait too long with that, he won't enjoy it and gets cranky.

Bun - so happy for you that the reflux meds are making a difference! But I hear you on the wakeup time; here it is roundabout 6-ish, but with the colder weather it is getting harder and harder to get up that early. Lucky we have summer bubbies otherwise we would have to get up 3 hourly during the night; brrrrrrrr!

Little man won't settle, so not as much time as I thought... Jasper has an appointment for his second lot of needles tomorrow; not looking forward to that. I don't mind at all getting needles myself, but I hate seeing them stick needles into my little boy... Just have to keep reminding myself that it is for his own good.

Have a good week girls!
    Last edited by Esme; June 4th, 2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Hi Everyone,
    It is so cold here I have had the heating on all day and I am still not warm. Well I suppose it is Winter. I wish I had an open fireplace or a gas fire to stand in front of!

Jacki -- how did the dinner go?? Hope you had fun and DS was good for you.
    Bun -- great to hear your DD is better.
    Prama -- you must be getting excited not long to go now and the weather will be warm!
    Danda -- how did the apology go???
    Esme -- hope the immunisations went OK ( I am a nurse and I hate it too )
    Hi to everyone else.
    Have had very busy day with kinder and other bits and pieces, DD is asleep so I had better get Dinner ready.

DD is so close to rolling over she gets on her side but just can't get that last little bit, she gets a bit frustrated after a while so I help her to get onto her tummy. We are having gorgeous smiles and lots of talking it is just beautiful. I am trying to enjoy everything as I won't be having another baby!!!
    Talk later

Sue

Sue - NEVER say NEVER. You have 3 bubs, you may was well have another. I hear it gets easier and easier??!!?? The dinner is not until this weekend. Still umming and arring as it seems more hassle than its worth but will probably go. I think DH will be a bit peeved if we don't

Esme - how were the 4 month injections?? I am probably going to take DS this week.

Bun - thankfully the meds are working for DD. It must be hard knowing that she was in pain. As for starting solids, i was thinking of starting earlier than 6 months but not too sure when. At the moment he can't really sit very well so maybe will wait until I can put him in a chair. Just got him weighed on Friday - 7.54 kilos. So hopefully my milk supply will keep up!

Jacki -- ha ha. It does get easier but it gets busier. They become more independant and want to do things when they want to do it!!
    Definately no more PLANNED babies as the car is full and so is the house!!!

Hopefully you go to your dinner it will be fine!

Great weight gain for DS!!
    The MCHN do suggest to wait until 6months for solids -- or until they are really interested ie) following the spoon/fork when you are eating.
    With my first we started him at 5months as he was hungry and interested but he has allergies to egg and nuts! My second we waited as he wasn't interested in food until 6 months. So I don't know if there is any correlation re the allergies as my second isn't allergic. If they are not interested they will just spit it out Lots of fun.

Have a good night everyone
    Sue

Sue - my mum started me on solids when I was only 3 months old! Apparently I liked it a lot and was more settled. I am the only one in the family with eczema and very slight intolerance to cows milk (only in the Netherlands???), dust mites and cats though... I don't know it that's has got anything to do with it or not.

Jasper seems to be a few weeks behind other bubbies his age, he only just started to chatter in the last couple of days. But I suppose he was born 3 weeks early and the first two weeks he was really sleepy with quite severe jaundice... He still seems to be on track, just a few weeks later than most other bubbies.

Jacki - He had his needles yesterday at the CHC and they had quite a good approach; 2 nurses did the 2 needles at the same time on the count of 3, so we had only one bad cry . Today he is bit sooky and sleeps for longer. Hopefully he will be over it soon!

Prama - How is the packing going? How many bags do you need for Lakshman? I am planning on taking one medium size trolley case (?) and a nappy bag for Jasper, but there is so much to take... I might just have to travel light myself. Have you started the countdown yet?

Hi to everyone else and have a good day!

Esther

Hi All,

Sueby - the apology went fine. He thought it was quite funny and told the story all day at work. Turns out I had given the police the wrong house number (oops) so they all went piling into the house on the opposite side and he stood watching it all knowing that they were probably there for him!! HA HA!! Apparently three cars loads of cops turned up at different times and all ran into the wrong house....he thought it was hilarious. I did tell the police i THOUGHT it was number 26 but wasn't certain.....i then said it was a set of villa units, not a house....but obviously that part didn't get through!!
    As if i wasn't jumpy enough after all that...a couple of days ago my doorbell rang at 7:20am and when i got there there was no one there. A bit scary really at that time of the morning....now I am paranoid in the house alone.

esme - you are travelling light!
    ive got 1 check in suitcase, a nappy bag and a hand carry.

danda - you are funny!

did you all hear about the little girl who was left in the day care centre and her father came to see it was all locked up?
    it's next to my suburb, and it's a new centre, it started this year. i was going to check it out but didnt bother cos it's not accredited yet. i dont think it will get accredited!!

sorry cant do personals, poopy's crying now.. he must know im on the net!

Hi Everyone,

Almost a long weekend. WOOHOO!!!! DH will be home (but he does have to do an electrical job all day tomorrow) but at least we will have Sun/Mon together.

Not much to report here DD is still going really well. In bed by 7pm - 8pm then will wake between 10-11pm for a feed and then sleep through until about 8am! She is just an angel. She is up for about 2hours at a time now and then will have about the same in bed. I am very lucky I know.

The boys are well, DS1 gets so tired from kinder by the end of the week and gets really cranky. DS2 likes DS1 at kinder because he gets the run of the house its very cute and then he gets grumpy when DS1 is home. Lots of fun. They come out with the funniest things.

Hope everyone is well have a nice weekend

Sue
    Last edited by Sueby; June 6th, 2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Congrats Sue on having such a good baby! I can't complain either; Jasper still sleeps from about 5.30 pm till 3 am-ish and then till anywhere in between 6 and 8 am. During the day he is still only awake for about 45 minutes before he gets grumpy and need to go to bed. Usually he only sleeps for about 40 minutes, the last couple of days he has been doing two sleep cycles around lunch time which makes a big difference... He doesn't want to settle at the moment, so I'll be back some other time....

By the way Prama - that was just the luggage for Jasper; we both take a big backpack and a daypack as carry on luggage! I might have been a backpacker but I am not too sure if I can still travel as light as I used to. Got too much used to my creature comforts!

sue - sorry that dh has to work tomororw, what a wonderful sleep pattern. you get some time for dinner etc. and then sophie goes to sleep when you do. ds2 sounds like he enjoys being the big brother when ds1 is in kindy!

esme - i used to backpack too, yeah and i think now im used to my comforts. at least im going to my parents' so i dont have to carry everything! ive got a big suitcase with my and poopy;s stuff. a trolley bag to check in with sposies, several change of clothes for him, a playmat so we can put him odwn at the airport, couple of books, and a rattle. and his nappy bag. oh and infacol, little fess, baby panadol in his hand carry too. he's getting his 4mth needles on tuesday so i hope he will be allright by then.
    i will never be able to travel light again.
    we leave sat week so going to make sure everything is packed by monday. eeek. im getting more and more nervous.

poopy is doing ok, laughing and giggling more. but still yet to roll. i put him on his back/side but in a stable position and he manages to roll onto his back but cant roll himself yet. im sure he will in time. but he's very aware and alert so that's all right.

have a good weekend girls!

Hi Everyone,
    I hope everyone had a nice long weekend!
    Jacki -- did you go to the dinner? how did it go?
    Prama -- hope the immunisations go OK.
    Esme -- no such thing as travelling light anymore. It is a major operation for us to go away. he he

Well we had a family birthday dinner last night, DH's Mum and DH's Pop who turned 82. Nan + Pop insisted on having it at there place and all the family went. For starters it was way too hot I think they had the central heating on 26 or something so all the kids were way too hot. The lollie jar was brought out before tea so we had four very hyperactive kids and then DD was really unsettled for the whole evening. When we got home we had to ring Nan + Pop as I forgot something as usual and when I was on the phone she fell over and hurt her hip and face she is OK but I am going to check on her today as Pop has gone away. Is it just my family or do all family get togethers turn into chaos??

My MIL + FIL are off to QLD for 3 months today (lucky them) so things will be a bit quieter for a while.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am hoping DD has a good sleepy day today to catch up from yesterday

Sue - so sorry to hear about Nan, its always worrying when they have any kind of fall.

Yep - we went out to our friends for dinner. There wer 10 adults all there - very very very noisy. Poor DS couldn't get to sleep. We tried and tried. I think we managed to get him to have about 5 minutes sleep. Didnt go to sleep in the car home. A quick top up feed when we got home and he was out like a light - only to wake up at 1.00 in the morning. So instead of his usual 11 or so hours sleep he got about 8. Not very happy the next day !!! Don't think we will be doing that again in a hurry. Oh well - live and learn.

aaarrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

i wrote a long post and BB ate it AGAIN!!

thanks sue - oh poor Nan. how is she now? i think families = chaos
    poopy is a bit unsettled. he cried a little but he started grizzling before his jab cos it was his feed time. we waited till after his needles to give him his bottle. that settled him.
    i'll see how he goes before we give him any panadol.
    poor baby. he seems more settled in dh's arms than mine, probably cos he can smell my milk. he's cuddling with daddy watching australia's next top model.

jacki - sorry about the dinner. it will get better next time as luke will be bigger. and he sleeps 11hrs!! wowsers!!!!!!!!!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910