Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #5

hi girls.

thanks, i was a bit worried aout using cotton buds as i was told it would push the ear wax further in.

eekk. bbl poopy;s off somewhere he shouldnt be...

thanks for the advice on the food question. I think I was missing DS signals that he was well and truly ready for more food. I gave him more for B'fst lunch and dinner today and he was woofed it all down.

Sue, Bun and Esme - thanks for the support on the CC. DS sleep is definately improving after just a couple of days. He want down tonight without a sound. He has been sleeping about 11 hours with one dummy call during the night (with a bit of crying).

Bun - hand in there with the solids. You struggle and struggle and persevere and then one day DD will open her mouth and you won't be able to get the food in quick enough for her which will put you in a panic and running to the freezer to get more !

Kerrie - enjoy your well deserved break - I have no idea how you manage with 3 !

Woohoo!!! Jasper had some yoghurt yesterday and he loved it!!! The first food beside rice cereal he actually likes and wants more of!

That's great Esme. I can't seem to get DS to eat it. I have been adding to to fruit and rice cereal in the morning and slowly increasing how much is in there. Yoghurt is definately one of the foods that I really want him to like. What type of yoghurt did you give Jasper??

we use Vaalia Baby's First Yoghurt and Yoplait baby yoghurt

Jacki - I gave him the Jalna Vanilla. It is all natural, full fat, set in the jar (all probiotics still alive) and doesn't have sugar or artificial sweeteners yet isn't too sour. It is quite expensive, but at least I have a good excuse to buy it now Jasper eats it too (I absolutely love it...)!

yummm.
    i love the jalna vanilla, i used to eat it all the time when i was at work and there was a coles nearby. i cant seem to get it at woolies.
    it's really yummy.

I bought some Mundella pot set yoghurt tonight and will try that tomorrow. Its is natural though so maybe he won't like it - i'll add plenty of fruit. If I still have no luck will try a vanilla yoghurt next.

DS is now on 3 meals a day and eating a fair bit at each feed. For those whose bubs are eating well how many breastfeeds (or formula feeds) are you giving now ?? I think DS is just about ready to drop a breastfeed but not too sure if this is the right age or should I reduce solids ??

Hi Everyone,

My baby girl said MUM today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes it was Mum MUM MUM I had tears. Apparently DH has been saying Mum Mum Mum all the time. I walked into her room and she smiled and laughed and just said it. Extra special cuddles for DD I think she thought I had gone a bit mental he he. She is sitting up so well and gets grumpy if she is lying on the floor for too long, but is happy as larry sitting up playing with her toys.

She is still really only having solids twice a day but is getting much better at eating, I haven't tried her on yoghurt yet still working on the vegies and fruit.

We are off to the Zoo tomorrow should be fun.
    Have a great weekend

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS he he

Sue

Jacki- We are on 3 meals a day here too and like Luke, Amber wolfs down anything you put near her! We are on roughly 5 bf a day but the last couple of days she has reduced to 4 feeds. How many are you on?

Sue- Oh how cute. I still cannot get any words out of Amber. She loves to talk but no real words yet. We are trying to say Nana to her a lot because her nana is sick in hospital but nothing as yet. Have a great time at the zoo. The grand final parade is on in the city so hopefully traffic will be ok for you.

Hi to all other ladies. Your little ones seem to be doing so well.

Hi girls,

have been reading but no real time to sit & write anymore! DD1 has been sick the last week - picked up a bug from childcare I think - so i've been exhausted.

your babies all look wonderful. Bun - have you thought of putting Catherine in plastic rain wear for eating? It saves on washing her clothes! I do that and also wear an apron myself and it seems to work!

DD2 is devouring everything in sight - having probably 2 tablespoons per meal, 2 or 3 times a day. Sooo different to DD1 who completely refused all food until she was 11 months old. I also give DD2 finger food and her hand co-ordination is improving dramatically!

Sleep is still a problem - she woke every 2 - 3 hours last night...but then the 2 nights before only woke once! I know new foods mean harder nights. Yesterday she was eating her sisters roast chicken so i guess that's caused her to wake all night.

Hope you're all well. Sorry for lack of personals - got a mountain of washing up as the dishwasher has packed up!

just heading out the door.

i gave poopy plain yoghurt and he didnt like it but he's really taken to valia banana and yoplait pear and peach yoghurt.
    and he decided to spit that up on me.. WARNING: stinks like anything!!!!!!!!1

Yahooooo, I remembered my password.lol. Im in, and there is no stoppng me.

Prama, I could only dream how bad that would smell. I havent reached that far yet in food sampling for Jake.

Jen, Jen, Jen. I hope you have put in another order into Punpkin patch. I wanna feel your wallet shrink like mine.lol. I was told that a skirt I bought from PP was $20 something bucks at the DFO outlet and I paid $9.99.

Sue, It sounds like Jake is about where Sophie is, crying when staying on the tummy too long. Jake has just started rolling over in the cot onto his knee's. I will have to take his mobile out soon. No, he hasnt got a mobile phone...Yet.lol.

Jacki, my health nurse said milk always come's first, food second. The milk has everything they need vitamins wise etc , but the food is just to get them used to food and it's textures. Just getting the chewing and swolling down pat. I hope this helps.

It sounds like you girls are having a great time being a mummy. I hope you are all healthy and happy.

I hope to catch up with you all later. I just have to stop Jakey getting into the DVD's again. Ahhhh.

Karlie

hehe Karlie, I got my first order from Fed Ex today and my shopping cart is full already.... DF will kill me if I buy too much more. I was excited in showing him my purchases today and I dont think he was too thrilled.

Ha, ha. My DH hate's me asking his opinion on thing's, but his got quite good taste for a bloke.

So, what did ya get???? Remember I have a SON, so you have no comp' here.lol.

Oh, I got my order today too. I missed out on 2 set's of swimmwers. I also got the big girls black top like yours.
    150697. It's beautiful.
    Last edited by 2 please; September 26th, 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Sue - that's so beautiful that Sophie is saying Mum. Luke isn't too much of a talker so not expecting anything soon (and I think boys are a fair bit behind in the talking department compared to girls aren't they ?)

Jen - I have been doing 4 BF a day and then a top up just before bed. DS has not dropped his late afternoon sleep. I used to BF when he woke from that then solids and then top up. Now is seems like all he wants is BF when wakes up from lunch sleep (around 3.00ish) then solids and then a final BF before about 1/2 hour before bed. He has never been much of a feeder - even back in the very early days I was feeding 6x when others were feeding around 8 or even 10x. I have an appointment with MCHN next week so will run it past her.

Roya - sorry to hear DD is sick. It just about killed me with DS was sick a couple of weeks ago so I know where you are coming from when you talk about being exhausted. Hang in there !!

Karlie - welcome back, its been ages !!! Beautiful photo of Jake.

Went out and bought a stroller today. Boy o boy our little bubs are growing so quickly.

For all you AFL supporters - enjoy tomorrow. I'm not much of a fan (I prefer to rugby union). Also have a swimming lesson with DS tomorrow morning which I am really looking forward to.

Hi Everyone,

I hope it is ok that i pop in here and say hello. Ive been a lurker for a while now!! and thought i should join in a little.

I had my DD Maddison (aka Maddy) feb 18th
    So she is just over 7months old

She is an absolute angel adn my hubby and i are in love and fall more nad more in love with her every day. She has slept through the night since 4 wks old, back then it was 6/7hrs now its 12hrs a night, 6/7pm - 6/7am. She has 3 day sleeps during the day and it seems to be working well.
    She still has 4 bottles during the day now at 6/7am-11am-3pm and 6/7pm
    she has started to refuse the 3pm bottle or only take a small portion of it so we will start to cut it down to 3 bottles soon!!!!
    She started solids at 5.5months and in the last 2/3 weeks has actaully started to like it!
    She loves her vegies and loves apple and pear.
    This week she tried pasta for the first time (rissoni - tiny pieces!) and really enjoyed it. Tonight she had a beef cassorole and loved it too - so time for me to get more adventerous then just vegies!!!! Thankfully she doesnt mind! She loves rissotto too - i made some for her with just the aborio rice, stock and sweet potatoe and pumpkin adn she LOVED it....

In development i think she is going great,
    She first sat up on her own at 5mth 1 day old and can sit on her own without a problem now. She only falls back and hurts herself if she forgets she is sitting, its happened once in last 2/3 weeks so she is getting better!

She is just starting to stand on her own and likes to hold onto the couch! that resulted in a bump to the head this week She fell sideways and hit her head on the floor boards.

She took her FIRST Crawling steps yesterday (5 in total) at 7mth 1 wk old. I was pretty proud of her she spends a LOT of time on All 4's so im sure it wont be long till she crawls ALL over the place!!!!

that will do for now, i hope to get to know some of the other feb bubs in here

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast