Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #5

Hi guys.

Well, DD and I have just returned from Melbourne and we had a fantastic time! She was soooo good, barely even noticed the take-off and landing on the plane, I just gave her some water and she either drank or played with the bottle. She even fell asleep half way through the descent on the way home! We did lots of shopping and she was good as gold. Nights are still not great, but much better than they were. We managed to see the paediatrician before we left and he put her on some meds and food thickener and it has done wonders. She is a much happier girl now. The paed also said it is fine for her to sleep on her tummy so she only sleeps that way now and sleeps much much better. The most exciting thing is that on our trip she finally learnt how to roll from her tummy to her back! It has taken aaaages, she learnt to roll from her back to her tummy in May, so she took her time to learn how to get back! It's hilarious, she can move so far now and so quickly! Now I will have to start being v careful, the other night she rolled into the kitchen in about 2 seconds while I popped into the bedroom to get something! She has been so lovely and smiley and giggly lately, it really is a gorgeous age.

Prama - wow, Lakshman looks so grown up now! I love that photo. I should update DD's too.

Sueby - gees, it must be hard doing a shift like that with kids, I reckon I would struggle to do it without kids!

minky - DD has just started doing that too, she can get her legs under her but then doesn't know what to do. She has also managed to tuck her toes underneath her and briefly support herself on her hands and feet. I am so not ready for crawling yet!

ash - good luck!

I tried DD with a rusk the other day, but she wasn't interested. She is now having one meal a day and I will soon start her on two. It is so messy!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are doing well

ok had to post we are on the second page of the baby buddies thread!!!!!!!! what are you all doing gees slackers

Oh my, Alex has just cut a tooth! TODAY!!! How exciting. He pulled my finger into his gob and it scratched me so I had a feel around and you can see that the tooth has just poked through. Nice and sharp too . I'm so excited!!

OOhhh how exciting Ash!! How has Alex been?? Which tooth is it??

Very exciting Ash!! His first toothy peg.!!

congrats little Alex!!
    ash - how does bf feel.. does it hurt?

is anyone's bub sleeping habits changed. poopy's now waking in the middle of the night. instead of the 7am, depends 2am, 4am, 5am. im not getting sleep!!!
    he's been on solids for a week. somedays he eats it all up, other days he's not so keen.

eeek, he's crying for a feed!

Hi Everyone,

Prama -- yes DD's sleeping habits have changed. She was sleeping all night but now usually wakes once overnight anywhere between 1am and 5am. She is also not sleeping as much during the day usually 40mins in the morning maybe and hour and a half in the middle of the day and then another 40minutes around tea time.
    We have started rice cereal in the last few days so we will see if that makes any difference.

No teeth here yet but I don't think they are far away.

bbl

thanks sue!
    good to know im not the only one w shocked to the system with his sleeping habits changed.
    he didnt used to sleep long during the day but now is, 30 mins or so. but we go back to syd next week so that will be another chance to the routine.. sigh

It's not really a tooth yet, it has only just cut the gum, so nothing is any different; I wasn't sure if it counts as a tooth now or when he has a tooth there. But I was excited anyway! But he has been chewing on everything possible for the last few days. Yesterday I met up with a friend and he kept opening his mouth to eat the other bub, it was funny .

Hi Everyone,

Sophie cut her first tooth yesterday!She didn't seem to be overly distressed by it either. Not much else to report.

Hope everyone is well

Sue

Ash just saw your new signature Alex is a gorgeous boy!!!!

Thanks Sue! And look at Sophie she is so adorable!!! Congrats on the tooth!

Wow all of our babies are growing up so quickly....

Ash, Sue, Prama... your new pics are just gorgeous.

Just a quick one here. No teeth here yet. Well done on those who have cut a tooth.

Will be back tomorrow for more details.

yaay sophie!!!! you're a big big girl!

alex is gorgeous!!!! what a cheeky smile

Good morning everyone

Bun- Sounds like you and Catherine had a great time here in melbourne. And well done on her improvement. Are you getting decent sleep now?
    Minky- Noah looks all grown up now! I too will freak when Amber decides to sleep on her belly.
    Ash- How are you, Big A and little A going? Little A looks like such a happy little man. Well done on the cut tooth. He is growing up so fast.
    Prama- When are you back in Australia? its been quite cold so it may be a shock to the system! What happened to Poopy's hair? How are the solids going?
    Sue- Sophie is just gorgeous. Well done on the cut tooth with any hassle too!

Hello to everyone else.

Amber has been on solids for a few weeks now. She was reaching for our food and watching us eat so intently. We originally started her on a little bit of rice cereal (I fully recommend Rafferty's Garden) for a week. I then introduced pumpkin. I gradually introduced other vegies and fruit. She is now on 2 meals a day where she has cereal and fruit in the morning and then vegies in the afternoon. She has taken to eating with gusto. I have let to find anything she doesnt eat or like. She even ate the sourest kiwi fruit the other day. I am preferring to do all of my own steaming an mashing of everything so the freezer is full of good food for her.
    With the rolling, she can roll both ways but doesnt do it that often. She is a cheeky girl and we are getting a lot of smiles.
    She has been sleeping well during the day for the last week which has given me a great break...

ok enough about us.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy 6 months tomorrow to Amber and Lysander. Happy 6 months on Thursday to Lakshman. Happy 6 months gone to Luke and Catherine... Happy 6 months to the lovely babies coming up....

Where has the time gone?

JJ- thanks for the 6mths wishes!! yup cant imagine it's been 6mths. the first couple were so slow and now it's just whizzing past.
    i'll try raffery's garden, is this organic?

poopy's sleeping habits are still out of sorts. waking up in the middle of the night etc. we are flying back on sat, hopefully we can re-establish a routine.

lol - we shaved poopy's hair according to Hindu tradition. All babies have their hair shaved off, and allow for new thicker regrowth. it's believed that it helps them loose attachment to their previous life.

a question - do you give breastmilk/formula after a meal of solids. poopy gets too full so ive been dropping that milk feed. so 2 solids meals have replaced milk.
    should i give him milk for that feed as well?

I give Amber a BF first then about half an hour to an hour later she gets her solids. She has dropped a feed herself. At this age the milk is still the most important food to them.
    Yup Rafferty's garden is organic rice cereal. I had heard how so many babies didnt like the farex and I saw this at Safeway(Woolies) and started Amber straight on it. But my girl is a guts!
    I also highly recommend those net feeder thingys. Sassy and Tommee Tippee make them. I just cut up chunks of fruit and put them in there and give it to Amber. She then happily sucks away at it. She loves strawberries.

I understand the cutting of the hair tradition. Has it started to grow back at all?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast