Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #5

Hi all,

I am back. Bubby back in bed for second sleep... he keeps rolling himself against the sides of the cot and starts screaming . Hopefully he will get the hang of moving around without getting stuck soon, as it makes it a lot harder to settle him.

Will try to do some personals;

Bun - How is Catherine sleeping? Hopefully you got more of those beautiful nights sleep!

Sue - Sophie seems to be growing very well! They don't fit in their clothes for too long don't they? We will have to go for a checkup soon, can't wait to find out what Jasper is up to.

Jen - OMG, can you start Amber on meat already! Go girl; great that she loves her solids! Wish Jasper was the same... makes me think we are falling behind a bit too much. Still on a teaspoon of rice cereal or teaspoon of apple a day that gets met with a very dark look and after one of two goes he turns away his head.

A question for any of the breastfeeding girls; on how many feeds a day are you now? We are still on 6 to 8 feeds a day, just wondering if I should cut back a bit, or whether that would do more harm than good...

Minky - love Noah's pic! He's got so much hair! Jasper just has patchy little wisps of reddish hair. Makes him look a lot younger; when we went in for his needles the nurse wanted to get the two month needles out...

Ash - Looks like Alex is doing really well! A very cute photo! How are you going? Still battling your way up?

Prama - Welcome back!!! How was your trip? Must have been quite an adventure on your own with Lakshman; I admire you for doing it! Did he behave himself for mummy? Hope you are all settled in at home and are able to get Lakshman into a better night routine...

To everyone else I have missed; hope you are all doing well!!

Hi Esme- I hope your cold gets better very soon and you get some decent sleep. Amber was rolling in her cot too. But now I have her sleep in her sleeping bacg during the day and try and tuck her in as much as possible. Since she started her day sleeps in her sleeping bag, she has been so much better.
    We are still breastfeeding. Amber is on 5-6 a day but then again she has 2 full solid meals a day with cereal and fruit in the morning and vegies in the evening. I dont think Jasper is falling behind. Some babies just like food more than others. My MCHN told me once that babies who dont eat too much earlier on will have a heartier appetite later on and the ones who eat like a horse (like my one for example!) will not eat as much.
    Jasper sounds happy with his playing so you must be doing something right!

Sue- I cant believe all the different information people give us. I guess maybe because my girl inhales everything I give her, she may be ready for meat? Who knows. I will increase to 3 meals a day next week and see how she goes.

We are going to the pool this afternoon. I took Amber the other day and had a small play and she enjoyed herself. Will see how she goes this arvo.

Prama- Are you back?

Ash- Well done on making 6 months breastfeeding mate. Sensational effort.

Hi Bun, Roya, Jacki, oh dear I am missing people sorry!

i just did a post and got an error.
    esme- hope you get better. wat horrid weather to get back too.
    we were good on the plane thanks. i didnt go in till 30mins before boarding time, as i was spending time w my family. so straight fr immigation to gate to plane as it was boarding time. i did find putting stuff thru the xray at the gate hard w him on the sling, but ppl helped lifting my bag onto the machine. it was a night flight so fell asleep before dinner (what a blessing!!!) and slept most of it. and his toy entertained him most of the other time.

poopy keeps waking up at night, couple of times. yest didntpick him up and feed him but patted him and he seemed to settle back.

jj - do you give milk, bfast, milk lunch, milk dinner. how much gap between milk and solids?

i was told too we can give meat but fish and chicken but red meat later as it's harder to digest.

have to run.. hope this post comes thru

Prama- We do roughly:
    6am ish- Milk
    8am- brekky being cereal and fruit
    10ish- milk
    2ish- milk
    4ish- tea being vegies
    6ish- milk
    8ish- bath then milk at about 830

times do vary but thats roughly it. When we add in the lunch it will be around noon i guess. My god then she will be non stop eating. I have bought some chicken mince to steam up but might wait a week or so.

thanks JJ.
    gosh, it will start to seem they are constantly eating every few hours isnt it..

Hi guys.

Well, we were doing great with DD's sleep until the last 2 nights. She was sleeping from roughly 7pm to 6am with one wake for a feed and then going straight back to sleep again, but the last 2 nights she has woken up at 11pm and then screamed for most of the rest of the night! I think she may be teething as I can feel something rough on her gum at the front. She also got very upset for a couple of days after her needles, they really seemed to affect her this time, the poor little thing. I hope these teeth come through soon and she starts sleeping better again, I was just getting used to having an ok night's sleep!

JJ - DD sure loves her food, hey! Good on her, I hope she likes meat too. I hope she enjoyed the pool. We have just started new swimming lessons which are going well so far.

prama - sounds like DS was a dream on the flight back home. What a good boy!

sue - I tried one of those net things, but DD doesn't seem to be interested which is a bugger! I thought maybe I would finally be able to get some solids into her! I will try again when she is a little older and see how we go then.

minky - that's funny about DS! DD doesn't seem to have noticed her nether regions yet. She is too busy in the bath trying to put her feet in her mouth most of the time!

esme - good to see you back. It sounds like you have had a bit of a rough time lately. I hope things get easier soon. My DD isn't into solids much yet either. I don't know why I bother, but I try to feed her twice a day. She insists on feeding herself, so we end up with food everywhere and I am not sure if any actually goes down her throat. I think some bubs can just take a bit of time to get used to solids, I know that my sister wouldn't touch them until 8 months and she was fine. We are on 5 BFs a day and two small meals (that is if she will actually swallow any!) and she is becoming a little fatty!

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are going well

Hi all!

Feeling a lot better; it must have been a case of the winter blues! We have had quite nice weather lately so we have been able to get out and go for walks and Jasper's cold is getting better. Thanks for 'listening' and the reassuring words; very much appreciated!

Jenjams - great that DD loves her food so much! How did the swimming go?

Bun - How is Catherine sleeping? Jasper has been waking up more frequently too over the last couple of weeks (2-3 times) the last couple of days he has slept quite well again, so hopefully it was temporary... He seems to be getting a tooth too; top one first by the looks of it! I have decided to go the way of BLS for now, just to get Jasper used to the feel and taste of food in a fun way. When he starts to actually eat a bit, I will try spoon feeding again. The last couple of days he had a couple of wedges of avocado for lunch and spoons coated in rice cereal. I don't think he actually swallowed any, but at least he had fun!

Prama - How are you coping being back in the country? Everything OK? I found it very hard those first weeks; missed my family a lot . A little better now. Is Lakshman sleeping a little better?

Hi to everyone else! It is very quiet in here, so everything must be going ok.

Little boy is awake; BBL...
    Last edited by Esme; August 27th, 2008 at 09:20 AM.

esme - thanks. i am missing home heaps.. it's so hard to leave everyone behind and everyone was so so sad to say good bye to lakshman, esp my parents and brother.

bun - i read that some babies will take solids when they can feed themselves w finger food, maybe catherine will do it then, tho i hope she does it sooner. she doesnt like sweet stuff like pumpkin either?

we had 6mth shots last night, poor baby has been grizzly and clingy... i miss my cheery baby...

we went to the paed yest morning.
    because of his excema, paed said not to give him any food which has tiny seeds, like strawberries, tomatoes etc. also to avoid egg, yolk or white till he's 1.

he also said since he's been on solids for a mth, we can hv 3 meals a day and inc meat/fish. he said give him his meal first then milk, and he will have how much he wants.

Good morning ladies,

How hard are babies to work out? My baby after months of being a good sleeper and going through the night now wakes between 12 and 2 and won't go back to sleep until I feed her. She is now on 3 meals a day and has just started chicken too. It just seems like she is constantly eating. She never refuses food either. So I reckon she doesnt need the night feed but she wont sleep without it. Can you feed a baby too much?

Ahhhh

Sorry for the selfish post. Will be back later hopefully in a better mood.

Good Morning,

Jen -- Don't worry you are not being selfish. They are very hard to work out, just when you think you know what is happening they change! Hopefully it is just a phase for you. Does she have any teeth yet???? I don't think you can feed a baby too much she will just have what she wants. They do have another growth spurt around 6 months so maybe thats whats happening. It does seem like they eat all the time , don't worry when they are about 18months it will be the opposite !
    DD also is waking once overnight but she is not really interested in any food. She has a cold and has the runny nose and gunky eyes but is still happy and smiley. Unlike my two boys who are miserable and snotty.
    DD is rolling all over tha place, and thinks she is so clever. So cute, she rolls from one end of the room to the other and then gets stuck up against the couch and just laughs

Have a good day everyone I will be the nose wiper today !!
    Sue

Jen - we are going through the same at the moment; I was feeding him double for the last week or so because he has had a cold, but he is still waking up at least 2 times each night. Not that he is hungry... Can't work it out either. Could be teeth; yesterday I saw two little white spots, but today I couldn't see them anymore... Do they move up and down? Yesterday during the day he was very grizzly and hard to entertain. I have an appointment with the MHCN today, so I will ask about that.

Prama - Thinking of you! Having a bub makes it so much harder to live overseas away from your family...

Sue - How's the nose wiping going? LOL it is hard enough with one here let alone three snotty noses!Jasper started to roll all over the place too; we had to buy a playpen because he kept getting stuck and instead of laughing like Sophie, he starts to whinge and scream if I don't rescue him quick enough. At least in the pen I know he is alright, so I don't have to drop whatever I am doing every five minutes to rescue him!

Wish everyone a good day!!
    Last edited by Esme; August 28th, 2008 at 08:27 AM.

why are these babies not sleeping thru!! aaarrrgghhhh.
    poopy's crying in his sleep, he's not awake but he just cries and he seems restless, moving his head left and right. i pat him and he quietens. i stop and he starts again. ive stopped picking him up and feeding him when he does that, and am just trying to see if the pattinghelps.
    the paed said the other day, he isnt crying cos he;s hungry cos he has his dinner then milk and goes to bed. he's looking for some comfort.

sue - hope you give up nose wiping soon!

esme - what did the mcn say?

next week, im going to see how mashed food go. im going to start fish as well. MIL makes really yummy soup, so when i go next week, we're going to give him some vegie soon, it'll have onion and garlic and all.
    i also got some low salt stock, im going to try to cook chicken in it and blend it up.

im so exhausted. poopy;s having 3 solids now. im just finding it's taking so much more time. i was late going to the mcn so didnt have time to see the nurse cos i had to go to the osteo. he had a bf in the morning, then some vaalia yogurt w banana. i left him w mil when i went to the osteo. he had a milk there. got home, gave him some lunch, then bf.
    we went out to get his car seat, we got a maxi rider AHR at babies galore at 10%off. then gave him his dinner and then milk.
    I just feel im constantly feeding him.. it's exhausting. and i find i have to now get ready an extra hour earlier than before if i want to give him solids and milk.
    instead of 4,5 meals before now it's 8 meals a day.
    i made a whole batch of food and frooze it the other day. it will last me a few days. it is hard work!!

im having a really down day..
    my lupus is getting me down and tired and worn out.
    the osteo said some of my lumbars aren't working very well, and there's hardly any reflex in my left foot. my feet are over compensating.... basically my back is buggered, and everything's on my foot.
    he said something must have gone wrong during my development days.

time for beddy byes.. i'm sorry this is a whinge post..

Prama- How are you today? Hopefully a little better!Love your new picture of Lakshman! He is so cute! We are only trying solids once a day at lunchtime and it is so much cleaning up for a teaspoon of food.. most of it ends up everywhere except for in his mouth anyway.

Jasper slept for 11 hours last night, so let's just hope the night waking is only a phase... We went to the MHCN yesterday and I asked her about the night waking, but she just said it could be teeth, growth spurt or sometimes needing solids (Jasper is not eating solids yet...), all the stuff we knew about already anyway. She had a look at his gums and it looks like his two top teeth seem to be coming through... Jasper weighs 7.36 kg and is 67.5 cm long. Not the heaviest (LOL, he's got no chance with two skinny parents) but healthy and meeting his milestones.

Thanks esme, it was another hard night, he kept crying in his sleep every hour. i pat him and quietens, then when i stop he starts again.
    i dont know what to do!

take your time w jasper, i guess. some foods poopy makes a funny face, and kinda spits it out, i keep giving him more, than half way thru he seems ok with it.

Jasper's doing great guns! Poopy's 6.8kgs at 65.5cm.. he's at the 10%, but he's doing everything right, inc. taking after his mother I think!

Hi Girls,

I have a little bit of time to myself this morning, my MIL and FIL are back from QLD so they have taken the boys for a couple of hours and DD is asleep.

The nose wiping has settled down Thank you everyone! They all seem to be getting over it now but DH has it and he is just sooooo sick ( he he ) men are the WORST patients.

Prama -- Glad to have you back in the country. So sorry you are feeling a bit down. You have had a huge couple of months so it might be time for some 'YOU' time whatever that may be for you. Big Hugs It does feel like you are constantly feeding doesn't it. It does get easier hun. As they get older when they start having finger foods in a few months it is a lot easier, at the moment it is time consuming.
    Also when they start sitting and moving more and dare I say it crawling they become a lot more interested in food and also sleep better as they are exhausted!!!!!
    I LOVE Lakshmans photo he is soooooo cute!

Esme -- I am pretty sure that there teeth do move up and down and then pop through!! How much of a pain in the bum are they -- then they lose them and get more arrggghhh. Jasper is putting on weight nicely, its funny how much emphasis is put on weight and growth, as long as they are happy and sleeping i don't think it matters. That said my DD is in the 90th percentile for everything but I suppose that's why their is a range isn't there.

Bun -- I hope Catherine is sleeping well again for you. I love your picture too she is a cutey.

Hi to everyone else
    Hope everyone has a good day I had better make the most of my 2 hour s off, mopping, washing etc etc Neverending story really.

I am having two nights away in melbourne in a fortnight with a girlfiend, we are having an afternoon at a day spa, then staying overnight, hitting the shops on the Saturday and then another night over and then home. OMG I can't wait. IT has only taken us 5 years to plan to do this. SOOOO EXCITED 14 sleeps to go

Sue xxx

thanks sue!
    it does get quite overwhelming all that feeding. i guess once we have a routine it will be easier. i just find going out, throws it all out.

i wonder if poopy's crying at night in his sleep has something to do w teething??

lucky you!! enjoy your night out. are you leaving the kids behind??

YES PRAMA DH is looking after them for the WHOLE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh I love them but I really need this for me.
    Can you tell I am a little excited??????

I will probably just end up buying stuff for them anyway but it will be nice to have a break. I have been saving up for a while so we will have lots of fun.

Re teething have you discovered bonjela yet?

Sue

sue you totally totally deserve it!!!!
    I hope you have super fantastic time, pamper yourself and sleep, sleep , sleep!!!!!!!!!

dh said he will take poopy out to mil's for couple of hrs one weekend. i just need some sleep without him at home. i find even if dh is looking after him at home, my sleep's not rested cos i keep waking up at the slightest sound.

is bonjela good? i still cant feel anything but his gums are hard.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast