Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born from Jan 2002 - December 2003

HI Kylie
    My son Joshua was the most placid darling boy till he turned two, and I hadn't thought much of terrible two's until him LOL I think you have to be consistent with the way you deal with him, sounds like you are doing all the right things and that he is def going through a stage. It is also prob compounded a little bc you have your bub to look after and it is tiring to have 2 close together. Hang in there, you sound like a good mum to me, and our kids are sent to try us sometimes.

Welcome too nice to have you here.

Best wishes Michelle

HI girls AGAIN

Just forgot to tell you about Jemma's night last night.
    At 6am I heard her crying hysterically, went in and there she is sitting on the floor packing away her dolls house and crying uncontrollably. SHe woke up and decided she needed to pack up the toys. I had to try calm her down and then sent her of tothe toilet, and then she had a hug in our bed till she stopped crying and then returned to her room. SHe refused to get into bed until all the stuff was in the box and the dollshouse was closed. I am thinking she may have been half asleep or had a dream cos she was crying the same way the other night.

I hope all your littlies are well and that some of you visit soon.
    CHeers michelle

bruky Guest

Thanks for the welcome Michelle

Jordi has been a little better...we are just trying to be really consistant with anything we do and it seems to be working.

He was walking around thinking it really funny saying "bull****"...something he picked up from my dad who said it one day...anyway before hand I had tried scolding, ignoring and eventually I smacked his hand everytime he said it (he was saying it all the time) and nothing was working.

The other night I tried a new tactic...one that wasnt great but everytime he said it I said it back...it really threw him...hang on I'm not in trouble, mum is saying it???? He stopped =D> Didnt last long so we are back to smacking on the hand...I know some mums would be down on us for doing this but it really has to stop and now...it sounds horrible and he says it in his loudest voice of course...so embarrassing

Apart from that he is going well and I have got him into dance and drama once a week which he should love...and one day a week (whilst I work) he is going into daycare...I'm a daycare mum myself but am giving that up cause I can earn more money with my 1 day a week bookkeeping

anyway i just rambled...look forward to meeting more of you girls real soon

HI again Bruky, good that some improve is taking place for Jordi, kids will be kids!!!

In a bit of a hiurry today feel like I have a million things to do
    be back later]
    Michelle

Hi Bruky, rest assured your 2yo is probably just going through a phase. Ours is in a similar mode. When I worked in an ELC (with creche) I'd see it happen to children when they turned 2 all the time. By the time they turn 3 they are usually more settled. Children are the masters of mimicry too and whilst a slap on the hand might be harmless be prepared for your 2 yo to slap others when he too gets frustrated (which can also be highly embarrassing). This is why i keep physical punishment to a minimum. Just my opinion/observation I'm not being judgemental I know how hard it can be! My 2yo goes around saying "bloody hell" which he picked up from me. I'm using the 'ignore' strategy and it seems to be be working (as well as holding my own tongue!). I'm also concerned about how my usually placid 2yo is going to cope with our new arrival. It's very interesting to read your experiences and I look forward to further updates! Lovely to meet you Bruky

Hi girls.

Sorry for my slackness. All is going reasonably well with Kameron, apart from the fact that he wont talk to his teachers at kindy ](*,) So he is going to undergo some observation to see if there is an underlying problem. He is also like it at home when we have people over, he will go and hide in his room for ages. Seems to talk to the other children okay though. Just waiting for all the paperwork to sign, which the kindy director seems to be taking her time with. If he has an issue I want to know about asap so I can work towards rectifying it.

Love

Kathryn - I hope she gets off her bum and does it quickly so you can get it sorted, poor thing, hopefully he is just super shy!!

cheers Mcihelle

Kathryn - Hope the kindy director gets teh paper work done soon for you and you can work out if Kameron has a problem.
    I have the same problem with Kimberley and she was like that when she went to day care also.

Kathryn, let us know how it goes with Kameron... I too hope it's just super shyness. My DS is like that too when we have friends over... won't talk. He also never says a word at playgroup. I know nothing is wrong with him in a speech/hearing sense as he talks perfectly well when it's just us (our family).

Ya know Kathryn- Josh was very shy and talked to nobody much until his Prep year either. Some kids have that sort of nature. Now he talks lots!

Bath- love the new avatar!

Michelle- hope Kimberly and Alex are well

Cheers michelle

Well I haven't had to sign anything yet, so maybe he is just seeing how he goes.

Kameron did actually say hello to his godmother the other day when we bumped into her at the shops and he probably hasn't seen her in 3 years, so that was a very big thing for him to say Hello to her.

love

Just popping in here to get you girls advice about Emily (4) She still isnt toilet trained at night time and i dont know what to do...
    Should i just take her nappy off (yes i know im a bad mum for still having her in them) and let nature take its course? Or should i try and get her to have dry nights in her nappy first...
    She is so immature for her age anyway (she was born about 6 weeks early,and is very small) and i dont know if this is a cause for it....
    Help please!

Smile

HI Suszie
    long time no see, how are things? I always waited till they had dry nights, I guess if she is a heavy sleeper she wouldn't feel the need to go and so would sleep. Maybe just limit fluid intake in the hrs bf bed and then get her to go to the toilet bf bed an see how she goes. If you take the nappy off and then she wees in the bed you will be frustrated and she won't like it much either. You def don't need to be changing sheets in the middle of the night.
    Hope that helps!!

This thread is always quiet.

I want to say a big HELLO to all you girls though.

Kathryn how'd the kinder thing go with Cam, and I am soooo happy for you with your 3rd pg, hope it goes fast and you have a healthy bub- pref a girl LOL

Bath- not long now? hope you are feeling well.

ANd hi to everybody else
    we are all going well. Jemma LOVES 3yo kinder, I have sent in the enrolment form for 4 yo kinder next yr and she can't wait. SHe only goes 1 day x 3 hrs a week and it's not enough. I take the 2 litlle ones to Gymnastics on Tuesdays and they love that too. Costs we a packet but....what do you do?

see ya
    Michelle

Hi girls !!!

Kam is really enjoying kindy and is starting to talk to the teachers alot more which is great. Next term one of his old playgroup mates starts Kindy full time with him, so that will be good as he will end up doing school with her as well, although could be a fight between her and Kameron's current Kindy g/friend lmao.

Not a great deal else going on with him, he is sleeping at Nana & Pops tonight (my parents) as we have take Lach to surgery in the morning. Will be the first time he has slept there over night without me, so could be interesting for them LOL.

Love

Hi Kat
    best wishes for tomorrows surgery, that is good news on Cam and kinder, lol girls already fighting over him, way to start young!!! Hope he goes ok at his sleepover. He reminds me alot of my Josh, esp with the not talking thing and the sleeping over thing. I just think its a personality thing.

Lots oif things in that convo LOL

Jemma is soooo tired today, she had kinder and is always tired. Mum picked her up as I went to spotlight looking for material to make blankets from, so I didn't pick her up tll after the school pick up. Arron is at school tonight so I ahev a few hrs to myself. Am watching the clock cos I want to have tea ontime so the kids are bathed and ready for bed early.

hope everyone ois well
    michelle

Kam loved his sleepover. He got ****ty and put himself to bed crying when my parents dropped him off Friday afternoon and left him behind lmao. They have promised he can stay over again and soon. Mum said he was really really good and she didn't have to tell him off at all. She doesn't lie about that sort of stuff either she will tell it how it is lol. So was good to know he did well there. I nearly started crying when I saw him hahaha, but was an emotional day anyway.

Love

that's good about the sleepover Kathryn, it was a big day for you all so the tears are no surprise.

We are all good here, a few runny noses but otherwise good, have started burning my pics from the puter to CD am stressed that I will lose them if something happened to the puter. It is easy (I had never done it bf) so I am all happy today. Cept organised broadband and in 6 days used my allowed 200mbs lol so am back on dial up till I sort it out to be unlimite dplan LOL I knew we needed unlimited but arron organised it lol

ope everybody is well and the Lachlan is back to his normal self =kathryn
    cheers michelle

LOL @ being back on dial up speed michelle. We used to do that quite often as well before we went unlimited. Putting photos onto CD is definitely a good idea ! We lost a harddrive about 6mths ago and lost a ****load of photos of the kids etc before I had a chance to get good ones on their sites, so now we back up to CD quite often, and actually taught mum how to do it with her computer late last week as well, as they got themselves a digicam for Xmas last year.

Lach is fantastic he was back to his normal self by the Friday night out riding his bike and all lmao.

Love

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast