Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born from Jan 2002 - December 2003

Kimberley is 3 today and she is still in bed she never normally sleeps in.

We're not doing anything for her today as we are having a small party on Sunday for her.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Happy late birthday to Kimberly! Hope she had a fun day!

Kathryn- sounds like it all went wonderfully and LOl at bringing you an icy pole too. I have the potty in the lounge and we have sat Jess on a couple of times (she is 17mths tmorrow), but I don't think she is quite ready, sheknows that she does wee wee and where it comes from, and the other day she called me and said poo and touched her nappy and she was doing poo, so I don't think it will be long. But no rush, she is the baby after all.

Bathsheba- sounds like you have been hot and bothered. Even today it was rainy but very sticky, I am unsure what to put my kids in cos it is sort of cold and next min they are red in the face. Bugger about Ds toilet confusion, Dh's always have good ideas don't they? THey mean well but....sometimes best to keep it simple, hope your ds sorts it out quickly, not good cleaning up piddle all the time. How are you going with your pg?
    As for shopping, I used to shop weekly and it would cost $180 (with 1 child) then I shopped Fnightly and it cost $220. Then I went every 3 weeks with 4 kids, and it is usually just under $400 and then about $250 for meat for about 6 weeks (from butcher). I then pop in to get bread milk fruit and vege as needed, so I don't go wasting fruit etc. Works better that way for us, the less I go the less I spend. I am planning a fnightly shop again, on the thursdya jem goes to kinder.

Well I got the new printer today and the new rented laptop will arrive by the end of the week !! I won't know myself, things will take 5 secs, I may get more time on BB than ever LOL

jemma is at 3 yo kindr, first day tomorrow, she is excited but I know tomorrow will be high stress! Hopefully it doesn't take too many days for her to settle. She only goes 1 day a week for 2 hrs to start then stretch out to 3 hrs.

Goodluck to Jemma today Michelle. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Today is our last day of Kindy for the week. I have been knackered this week walking there and back. Kam goes 4 times a week but I actuallly walk there and back 6 times a week as 2 days I stays for playgroup so don't have to come home again.

Oh well hopefully it might knock of a couple of kg i put on over Chrissy

Happy birthday to Kimberley for yesterday.

Love

Thanks Kathryn! It went much better than I expected, I thought tears but there were none and she told me bf I kissed her goodbye that she wasn't going to cry! LOL All the other parents dropped of and left and not one child cried that I saw anyway, so that was great. She played in the house corner with the dolls and played with a couple of little girls. She had fun, did 2 pastings and ate most of her snack. Funny cos the older 2 always cried when I left and Jemma has been so clingy with me, so it looks like I have done the right thing over the last few months and she is going to be fine.

It is both good and bad about the walking isn't it!!! IKWYM about the extra kgs too, I am trying to find a way to lose weight without being physical LOL Not happening though, wonder why that is????LOL

Cheers mcihelle

LMAO at loosing weight without being physical. If only it was that easy I have to see if I can loose a couple at least cause i need to fit into a dress for a wedding in March, and I can just fit in it atm, although I didnt' dare try to sit down ROFL better had ty that before then

About to start our 2nd week of Kindy. Have to pay the fees today too, which is $40 for the Term, have to pay Playgroup fees as well which is $25 for the year.

Love

LMAO Kathryn cos i too have a wedding in March, but I also have one this weekend coming. Gotta buy some shoes to wear with my dress, I hate buying shoes cos they aren't cheap and I don't get to wear them very often either.

I also have kinder fees to pay, I think the balance is $40 too, I must ask.

I have set my garage sale date at the 25th Feb, only free weekedn bf March. Can't wait to empty my office.

Cheers michelle

It was jemma's bday yesterday, she is 3 now and so grown up. We took her to a shop called Build-a-bear and she got to make a teddy bear from scratch and dress it and she had an absolute ball. She called her bear Sally (her kinder teachers name). Total cost for bear with voice box, top, pants, undies, shoes and handbag was $92. Bear alone was $38.50 including the voicebox. Is this shop in other states cos it's well worth a visit?

Nobody is around in here atm, it seems to be just me chatting to myself LOL

Kathryn- how are things?

Hi to everyone else.

Cheers Michelle

Howdy !!

Sorry been a bit awol from this thread. 8-[

All going well here atm. We have just finished week 4 of Kindy. In week 6 Kam will only be going for 2 days because, the 13th is a public holiday and then the 14th is a pupil free day, so that leaves the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and Friday he doesn't go anyway LMAO.

He'll be feeling ripped off

Awwww @ Jemma turning 3 and I haven't heard of a build your own place thing before

Love

Hi Girls... not the only one Kathryn... Build-A-Bear sounds great Michelle, haven't heard of it before, would love to see your daughter's one! 3 is a lovely age I find; not so accident prone, more co-operative, creative thinking blossoms etc Loved working in the 3yo room at the ELC I was at.

Regarding my 2 yo, he's a handful at present. Into everything, lots of little naughty things like reaching up and grabbing stuff off the kitchen bench and throwing it! He loves to throw things overarm, much to the delight of my cricket-loving DH who has plans that DS is going to be the opening bowler for Australia one day Even though these antics are naughty he does it so gleefully with an explosive "wuk!" sound that it's sometimes hard to keep a straight face. He's sitting here beside me now eating his favourite food: peas. "you don't have to peel them son".

Would have loved our violent storm here this afternoon Kathryn: we received 3/4 of our average monthly rainfall in an hour. Flooding all over the place. We're sitting pretty on a hill. DS freaked at the thunder... he prefered the soft rumbling ones and said "Little wonder" heheh (little thunder).

Ok DS finished dinner... showertime... then we're watching some John Cleese movie on DVD for the 3rd time apparently... I'll work on my cross-stitch! Got a birth sampler to get started!

Have lovely Sundays girls

We had a ripper storm go through here yesterday too Bath also alot of flooding in some areas.

Bloody bored ****less and I jsut put Lachlan to bed and Andrew says to me "i am going for a drive" ](*,) So of course I have to stay home cause Lach is in bed. MEN !!!

Your DH would love Lachlan too, who also quite enjoys to throw all the wrong things overarm LMAO, he has a bloody good throw on him too. We are trying to teach him to catch it at his end presently

Love

Hi girls

Bath- Jessica has a mighty good throw too and LOVES balls. iF i think of it I will take a picture. I am thinking I will have more time soon, our busy time seems to have a light at the end of the tunnel, though I guess that could change any second.

Kathryn- It is def harder to catch though, not happening here either. Hope Kam doesn't feel too sad missing kinder.

Jemma is haveing a party tomorrow, 1 hr with 6 3 yo's and their mums, I think I will be glad when it ends LOL I have to run into the shop in the morning to grab stuff and get home to vac and tidy up.LOL We had our garage sale here on sat, sold about $250 worth but only $110 was mine. Better than nothing though. Spent it in the arvo on groceries though. We too had the storm and had just put the last of the garage sale stuff away when it strck, and it ****ed down for ages, no floods here thank goodness, although floods are good for Arron, big money in flood restoration when insurance companies are involved. Arron has gone out to work now, 10.30, reckons he'll be a couple of hrs, hope he's earlier cos I'm so tired.

Have a good one girls
    Michelle

Hi Girls

I went into Kinder for duty today and what fun it is to chase Jess around and stop her from painting. Jemma was a very good girl, she got a bit silly when it wasm time to dance and didn't want to join in. It was a good day except that I actually forgot I was going until I got there and had to go home and get Jess ready. I was planning to fire up on the housework and ended up beijng exhausted by the time I got home so did nothing.

Hope you are all well
    Michelle

hello !!

Well I am now president of our governing council at Kindy. Hope I don't have to do too much LMAO.

Oh we got Kameron's Kindy photos yesterday 9 days after they were taken. Have a really cute one in there and 2 okayish ones and then the class photo. They were all presented in an album for $25.00 so that was pretty good.

Kam also had an obstacle-a-thon at Kindy last Wednesday which he did really well in.

So that is about the only exciting stuff going on in his life lately... Now to go catch up with Lach's thread

Love

Congrats kathryn on beoing President, I know you will do an awesome job and they are lucky to have you. Sounds like Kam is keeping busy too, which is good, an obstacle-a-thon sounds funLOL

We have had a busy weekend, litlle aths fri night and out to my gf's who is getting married next sat. Arron went to the bucks Day and got home 5.30am this morning, so he is wrecked and no help to me. Thought I's take a break and get online, Jemma still is in her PJ's the rest of the kids are dressed but she seems determined to keep them on so I have given up arguing LOL. Another warm one and MIL invited herself and FIL for tea, which is a real pain cos I wanted an early night and some vegies for dinner and now we are having a BBQ.

cheers michelle

Well here I am again talking to myself LOL

Not that I have much to report mind you which is why I guess not many people have been in here.

It is school hols cos of the commonwealth games. Kids are fighting and messing up the house, but the first week is almost over thank goodness.

Arron had pnuemonia, which was really awful, cos I had no sleep as he had no sleep, for over a week and then we spent all day SUnday between hospitals. He is getting better slowly but he really should be resting but of course he has heapos of work to do.

Jemma is going well, just being 3, and so cute. Came to the shop with me today and carried her little handbag and had to put her sunnies on in the toy shop cos "It's sunny MUMMY!" lOL

hope you and your kids are all well
    michelle

Hi Michelle Hey do all states have holidays because of the games? My DD has just gone off to a sleepover which will give our ears a break! She is a real drama queen these days and everytime the Rogue Traders come on TV the whole house knows about it! DH is taking her to a few Commonwealth games events... mainly athletics... I'll gladly stay home with DS (I know too well how hard and cramped the seats at the MCG are!)

I hope Arron continues to improve... pnuemonia is awful... there's something up with my own lungs at present; I'm on the verge of going to the doctor.

Did you get that hail this afternoon? I hope there's more rain on the way.

Apparently it is only Victoria Bath! Aren';t we so lucky. Hope you enjoy your rest without dd LOL, no matter how much you love them a break can be good. No hail here or even rain yet, hopefully overnight, I was glad to get my washing dry! I have 6 kids here tonight, my 4 and my gfs 2 - her ds 8 and dd 7. hey are watching Narnia. Arron was so helpful, went and laid down after tea, while I did dishes, showered 6 kids, and folded the washing. He is still sleeping,remind me why I have a DH!!!!Cos he doesn't help much!

cheers michelle

bruky Guest

Allo girls

I just found this thread and hope you dont mind me gatecrashing a bit.

My name is Kylie and i have just had my 3rd child...she was 1 month yesterday...all is going well so far with Katie so cant complain.

I am however having major problems with my lil man, he doesnt act jealous but its like the devil has entered our house...he is soooo damn naughty since having Katie...to the point that I am really worried about it now and worried about myself.

My MACH nurse is keeping an eye on me for PND...she gave me a pamphlet the other day which said in bold "Dont let PND come between you and your baby"...I dont feel thats the case...i feel something is coming between me and my son (Jordan) and I am trying so hard to keep him actively involved with Katie...he loves her to death and isnt cruel but at the same time has to be put in his spot with her...he doesnt realise that he hurts her sometimes when he is being 'loving'.

Everyone is going out of their way to pay him attention...I do every chance I get and so does DH...unfortunately my DD #1 tries to be mummy and DS is just playing up big time when it comes to her...but then he can be so loving at the same time????

My inlaws take Jordi on a Friday night usually...he is there tonight as we had a wedding to go to...normally he is so good for them but he is playing up there too?

People are saying "ahhh terrible twos"...which I have never really believed in...I think they just get to 2 and the world is their oyster...every day is a new adventure for them...but he is being so difficult?

I also am a believer in do as you are told WHEN you are told sort of thing...he just defies this every time now...well almost...when he does do as he is asked I praise him so much...I give him sooo much love and cuddles and praise just in general too.

God what am I doing wrong...I feel like just crying most of the time...not from any form of depression but because of how my lil angel is acting

Other people tell me it will just take time for him to adjust to Katie coming along??? God I hope so

Anyone had anything similar happen? Is there end in sight here...sorry for rambling but I just need to vent a bit and get it off my chest...not much of a hello/welcome poster am I...lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast