Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born from Jan 2002 - December 2003

Hi girls
    long time no se!LOL

we are flat out here as usual, I will hold off the personals as I am a bit lost atm. Jemma is 3 on the 21st of Feb and I can't believe it either! She wasbegging me for a lunchbox today as she i going to 3yo kinder, only 1 day x 3 hrs per week, hope it goes smoothly and we don't have too many tears! She can be a real brat that's for sure, esp when we wnat her to wear somehting amd she doesn't want to wear it.

Will catch up soon
    Michelle

Hi girls,

looks like I am talking to myself LOL, *smells underarms* nope I don't stink!!!

Well we have had excitement with Jemma in the last week, she was twirling on the trampoline and fell off, was white as a ghost and very quiet, she fell asleep but woke up easily, then when I took her in to bath her she vomited, so we chucked her in the car and up to the hospital (I love having a hospital 3 mins away!) Nurses checked her out but no concussion, just shock by the look of it, and no injury from the fall, just a graze or 2! I took her to the drs yesterday as she has glands up in her neck, they have been up for ages, and we really wanted to check it out. The only way to do that is a bloodtest, which was so not fun! I held her down, arron straightened her arm and the lady took the blood, she tried the left first, no good, so Jemma was hysterical, the right was a big success, a huge vein there. SHe actually cried more with the lady jabbing around than the actual drawing of blood. We brought her a pair of Princess high heel shoes (toy ones) as a sweetener, hopefully all is fine, no nasties. I will call tomorrow for the results.

Hope you are all well. Not long now till Kimberly's bday Michelle! Jemma has 28 days, so 4 weeks till her 3rd bday. She has been waiting desperately for the last 12 mths for her bday LOL

Hello to everyone else

Hello,

It's just been so quiet in here.
    No not long till Kimberley's b'day i have been telling her she will be 3 soon and she has to hand over her dummy. Really don't think she will but i will try anything once infact it's not her dummy it's Alex's but he doesn't use one. I'll have to cut the end of them as well and see what happens.

Hi Michelle-it has been quiet hasn't it. Jemma gave her dummies to santa, we put them in an envelope and gave them to the man at the xmas tree farm to send them to santa. Can you come up witha gimmick to make her think it's a good idea? She asked for it when we got home that afternoon and again a couple of days later but then she didn't ask again. Jessica has a dummy and she hasn't ever taken hers either, she just accepted that she was a big girl now, hope it works as well for you! Josh had to give up his bottles the day he turned 3 and we just said tomorrows the day and then didn't give him one the next night and it was all done too. Is she all toilet trained now? It's amazing how quickly these little girls have grown up isn't it!

Anyone else around? Kathryn, are you around? Have you been getting any good storms up your way? We had a beauty here the other night!

cheers michelle

Heya Michelle

Yep still around, actually hadn't realised anyone had posted in here, must have missed it.

Spent a week at mums last week and Kam had to sleep with me in the double bed. Unfortunately he thinks he can do it now he is back home too, so bed time has been a bit troublesome atm. At least he didn't come in till 4am this morning.

We had a few nights of big storms. Was way down south and we could just see the flashes early friday morning, was in the riverland late friday night and we could just see the flashes again, then on Saturday night we chased them down and had 3-4hrs in the middle of nowhere surrounded by storms. So that was awesome. We got home at 1am and friends we were out with came back to our place as well. Then other friends who I was keeping updated rang me at 2am to see if we were home yet (which we were) so they came around as well. LMAO. So by 2.30am we had 6 adults here. Last of them left at 4am Sunday morning.

Kameron was meant to goto the MILs Sunday night for the night, but he was in and out of sleep all the time with people being over and going chasing with us that he had bags under his bags, so we thought it wouldn't be fair on him to spend the night away. So that was cancelled. Don't think they were very impressed, but my kid comes first.

He also had his chicken pox vacc on Thursday. As did Lachlan. Lachlan developed the chicken pox rash though which he still has. It isn't contagious so that is okay, but I refuse to take him anywhere as I don't want dirty looks from other patrons thinking my kid has chicken pox when he doesn't.

Anyway that is all my news I think. Kam starts full time kindy monday 4 days a week 2hr & 45mins each day. So he will probably play up for the first week as he has become a real mummy's boy again having stayed with me by himself at my mums for the week. Andrew had Lachlan at home as Andrew was still on holidays.

Love

Hey Kathryn- wow at the storm chasing and I was PMSL at the friends all turning up. Poor Kam not getting his sleep, good idea keeping him home. How excited is he about big kinder? How are you coping? Did you get some good storm pics? Bugger LAchlan getting the rash from the injection. Does that mean anything in particular, eg is he totally covered from getting them? Is ANdrew back at work? When does playgroup start up again? Are you going to have the same involvement this year?

Jordan's netball coach laughed and said maybe I would coach the girls this year, I laughed back and asked did I need to be there on time!!! I find it very hard with the 2 little ones, I wouldn't mind if they were older but it really is too hard for me atm, iykwim!

Cheers michelle

Hi Michelle,

Kimberley is now toilet trined but only during the day we do get a couple fo dry nappies during the night but not enough to take the nappy off at night.
    I did cut a hole in one of her dummies and then the next morning i cut the top when we went to the shops she said dummy broken so i saud lets throw it away and say goodbye which we did she was fine until she went to go to bed. I explined to her what we had done at the shops but she found one of Alex's dummies and started to use that. At the moment i am telling her once she is 3 she doesn't need her dummy anymore which i hope will work if not i will cut the top of the one she is using now and see what happens.

LOL @ getting anywhere in time with the little ones. I used to ***** about my SIL how she was always late when she had the kids, but now I sooooo understand

Not sure if Kameron is excited about going to Kindy, but he does ask for it a fair bit and he is desperately missing one of his friends who he will attend Kindy with. So I am hoping he goes okay. I am coping okay with it all at the moment.... ask me again monday LMAO.

We got some awesome storm photos, one in particular is I think the best ever that we have ever taken, and Andrew wishes to get it blown up to 20" by 17" we have one that big on our wall that he took years ago, and well that one looks crap in comparison LMAO, so we may just have to put this new one on top of it.

After paying $134 dollars for both the boys to have their injections for Chicken Pox, I bloody hope they wont ever get them !! Kameron has woken up with a couple of spots on his face this morning but they are bigger than lachlans spots so I think they are just some sort of bite, we will have to see how he progresses.

Yep Andrew is back at work, he started back on Monday, and starts back into the overtime today. Alot of his work is having Friday off with Thursday being the public holiday, but cause he has just had 4 weeks off work there will be no long weekend for him

Playgroup also commences on Monday morning, and this year (well from March) I will have a bigger involvement with it. Our Kindy Director is going to nominate me for President of our Governing Council at the moment I am just a member of it, so no doubt that will have it's extra jobs to go with it, plus I will continue to be the playgroup co-ordinator. However there is no more Friday and Tuesday Afternoon sessions now, so I will only be attending playgroup twice a week instead of 4 times a week. Even though I still have to walk there 4 times a week to take Kameron to Kindy just on Tuesdays and Thursdays I will come home again and then return later to pick him up.

Love

Michelle- that is good about the tt in the day. As for the night training, 1 day they just wake up dry and it keeps happening. LOL at the dummy thing and her stealing Alex's dummy, when you take it off her you have to be cruel to be kind IYKWIM! Arron said to me " are we being mean" and I said it wasn't going to get easierthe older she got. We had and still have nights when she comes out of her room and when she had a dummy she didn't but we plug along. If you can get over a few days then you are usually right! Good luck it's not long now. Have you organised a party for her bday?

Kathryn- The pic sounds awesome, I can understand wanting it blown up on the wall. I actually have a photo I took of a light house at dusk blown up A4 size and framed and I am realy proud of it, it was terrific! Sounds like you will be a busy girl again this year, but that's good that it will only be 2 days at playgrp, will give you a bit more time to yourself. I know you'll do an excellent job! I will wait for the story of the first day on Mon night. Bummer on Andrew not getting a long weekend. rron will be working too, and we had thought we would go to the Werribee Zoo on Sat but little aths is starting up again, so the only chance would be sunday, I guess it will depend on the weather! Don't want to be outside all day in the sweltering heat, and tomorrow is sposed to be way hot here. Re being late: I hate being late but I am very rarely early, kids seem to cooperate less when you are in a hurry. Hope the spots disappear soon.

Jess is sleeping and the other 3 are fighting, I am really annoyed bc Jess misses out on her proper sleep cos they make so much noise. She does sleep through noise but they are just so loud. I have sent them to have lunch. I have vacced, mopped and hung a load of washing. Only 1 load today, woohoo! We are in desperate need of groceries and I am going shopping alone this arvo when Arron gets home. We are working ont he theory that if I do a huge shop then I will not go into the shops everyday and spend $50-70 a day which works out to be something bt $350-490 per week uin the supermarket, which is ridiculous.

I have to ring the drs soon about Jemma's test rsults too.

chers michelle

let us know how the results go Michelle. I am beginning to think of taking Lachlan to the doctor about this spots, even though all the information says it is common for a rash to appear, but the spots seem to be getting bigger and cover more and more of his body each day. I dunno his appetite is fine and plays well. Is a tad cranky today though but probably just one of those days.

I had to laugh at waiting for the 1st story come monday night !! We have 3 mums currently pregnant at playgroup too. Two of which I am reasonably close too, so should be an interesting year.

Kameron is off to the MIL's Friday to make up for them not having him on Sunday night, but he just emailed me to say was it okay if he didn't spend the night there..... totally fine with me I can assure you. So they are picking him up at 8.30am and I said as long as he is home by 8pm so he can be put to bed at an okay hour that is fine. So relieved that they don't want him to stay, i actually thought that might happen though.

Love

Hey Kathryn- maybe if there are more spots in the morning it would be worth a trip to the dr, you could have just rang and asked about if it was common to get more spots? I think it is good all round for Kam to come home, makes you happier! And you get a 1 child day. When are the pg ladies due? Does sound exciting!

Well I rang the drs, Drs was at lunch but they rang about 30 mins ago and all the tests are perfectly normal and fine, so that is a huge weight off our minds. That rules out Leukemia and other nasties, so maybe the glands are just viral things, at least we needn't worry now. She hates taking medicine, and whinges every dose, but when she has it she says it tastes ok, but then whinges next dose, go figure!

I was sposed to be grocery shopping, wrote a list and all and then Arron came up with better ideas!!!! He went to the pub to buy porter house steak (he knows a guy who sells him a slab of porterhouse premium for $8.00 kg, very nice) and was gone for ages, came home and said we will all go tomorrow, won't that be fun now!!! I said "What all of us? You're kidding!" And then he said well he's not working so he will stay home and watch the kids and I can go. I bet somethng happens tomorrow and the plans get changed again! And what's more he has now booted off to mow his dad's lawns as they are having a garage sale Friday and Saturday, and he wants to help his dad do stuff, so we are having dinner at MIL's who is totally whinging about how she doesn't have anything to cook (cos he told her we want vegies cos we have had 3 nights of salad). I am going to have to isten to how tired she is and how hard she works and on and on......Kathryn I know you'll appreciate this...she was at my place last week, turned up with clothes she had taken from Jordan's drawers while we were away on holidays, and she had them all ironed. Then offered to help me take the clotthes off the line and the whole time lectured me on how I should Iron stuff, how she would iron all the little t shirts etc, cos they look so much cer all ironed ...blah blah blah....and then she asks me questions about Jemma's blood test and why she had it but walked away and didn't listen to the answer....GRRRRR LOL it will never change I swear. Funny too cos I just told rron I am going to rearrange Jess' drawers and take the change table down and he asked didI want to sell it. I said no I would pack it up and put it in the roof and he said What for? I said that it was good and maybe my sister would want to use it....he grinned and said maybe my sister will want to use it, I told him it wouldn't be happening and she will get absolutey nothing from me, I am not giving my good baby stuff to ferals LOL

Anyway spose I should go, lots of places to check

Cheers michelle

Oh I so hear you on the ironing stuff ](*,) even my mum whinges at me. I say "mum life is so much easier when you don't iron' LMAO

Tell you what i am friggen sick of ants we have killed the same trail 100 x times now and even found their nest and destroyed that yet they still come back for more, going to have to go shopping tonight i reckon although i really don't want to.. Sounds like Andrew has just pulled in too so I better nick off.

Love

I trained my mum not to iron so she is on my side but MIL irons everything She doen't even see the kids dressed in the morning so how would she know if there clothes look creased anyway!

Hope you got dinner on, what were you going to cook?
    have fun shopping

Bugger about not being able to get rid of the ants kathryn.

Have fun shopping.

I did mine last night and left the kids at home with Paul it was so nice not to have them with me.
    I'm one that doesn't mind ironing once i start it takes my mind off things and i go into my own little dream world.

Tea consisted of Maccas for the kids and big kid and a hot baked spud for yours truly We were meant to have corned beef, but had my grandma on the phone for ages and it just got too late, so it is tomorrow night tea now.

Love

Just popping in to say hi I seem to see most of you in other threads (Local Victorians and June Bellies etc) so somehow I don't get in here very often.

As you can see from my posting time I'm not bothering even trying to sleep while it's still hot and muggy... if only a bit more of a breeze would blow through the house to get rid of the hot air. We had a heavy downpour earlier but it's only really just made it humid. We are up on a bit of a hill too... wish we had one of those veranders that go around your house... I'd sleep out there! No air con here... usually this old house with it's high ceilings doesn't need it but the heat lately has defied the usual methods of drawing the thick curtains and pulling down the outside awnings. Bring on Autumn!

DS was like a new puppy piddling all over the house today! (Floorboards, thankfully). I got cross with DH for putting him on the "big toilet" so frequently during the holidays... now DS has kinda forgotten about his potty and relies on us to lift him up to the big one instead of taking himself off to the potty like he used to do. Actually I never (hold on, yes I did, on holidays!) lifted him up to the big one... DH has been doing it but now I'm left with a regressed toddler! I didn't feel good about him using the big one from the start but DH seemed to prefer it for some reason... possibly because he didn't like having to rinse out the potty. Today DH was beside himself with frustration (not infront of DS) about the piddling... but at least he now understands why I wanted DS to stick to using the potty.

Love your storm chasing tales Kathryn I like a good storm myself. With the almost daily (evenings) thunder here DS is also quickly getting used to "wonder" (thunder).

I'm also always fascinated with how people do their grocery shopping... we've actually stopped doing "big weekly shops". I found too much was being wasted (going off) and we'd always have to top up on fresh things anyhow. When I was working/studying we did huge fortnightly shops but that was even worse. These days I work out fairly early in the day what we'll need for dinner and just go get what we need fresh from the local green grocer/butcher (1 block away). With non perishables like cleaning products i'm tending to buy more in bulk (eg 15kg ColdPower for $39.95 at KMart = $2.30 per kilo I think, much cheaper! and lasts us about 6 months). Personally I'm finding that this way there's less "impulse spending" too... but that's just me.... it'd be hard to do this if I was working outside the home.

Geeeze, nearly 2.30am... maybe I'd better at least try to get some sleep? Poor DD just wandered out here to see what was going on. OK... nighty night girls

we do weekly shopping, usually on a thursday night, and rarely go back for stuff mid week.

I had to laugh about your DD wandering out to se what you are up too. Kameron has done that to me before as well. I guess it wont be too much longer and I will be dragging the potty out for Lachlan. He is always in the bloody toilet, have to get Kam into the habit of shutting the door behind him.

Can't stop bloody yawning. Andrews phone continues to beep if you get a message and don't read it straight away, so I woke up to that beeping around 6am and didn't sleep well after that ](*,)

Have a BBQ to goto 1 hour south today so will be another late night tonight too.

Anyway have a good day girlsl.

Love

Okay Michelle here is your story.

He went really really well. Was clingy for about two mins. Sat down and did some cutting then got up and watched another little boy who was on the computer at the time. So I said to him "I am going to playgroup now" and he said "Okay bye mum" and gave me a kiss goodbye.

So I should be happy he went okay, and he is growing up too fast. Just went and helped himself to an iceblock from our deep freezer LMAO, brought me one too so he wouldn't get told off

Love

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast