Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #4

Oooh just a quick post because I am so tired and have my mum coming tomorrow then my sister on Thursday with her daughter, Rebecca. R. is staying for a week but the rest go home by Sunday. I've been trying to clean up the house I can't really blame the tiredness too much on the nights with Clarrie. He has been going to sleep about 7 and then wakes 4,5 or 6am. I'm just feeling flat. I was thinking that the breastfeeding might be starting to take too much out of me so.....

.....guess what - Clarrie had his first taste of solids tonight. Pumpkin! Not much got swallowed. But it's a start. It just feels like the right time to get him used to it all. My mum is picking up some biodynamic baby porridge from this farm outlet on the way up. so we may start on that soon, depending on how the pumpkin goes.

Well, can't quite remember everyone's posts. I had a quick look at Luxxe's updates - she is so cute, Laura! You are right, we all have such gorgeous bubs. And sounds like you are dreaming way too much!! - being trapped in the baby store - OMG.

Jillian, I love Lochie's little quotes. Hope Imogen didn't get any reaction to the shots.

Glad Miles' hip is fine, Sal. I can't believe the nappy trick!!!

Sounds like you had a good trip, Lisa, despite the colds. Can't wait to see some updated shots of Kobi.

Talking of colds, I wanted to ask this group if anyone else's bub has a persistent dry cough in the morning and evening? Clarrie has this usually when he is lying down. I took him to the doc about 3 weeks ago now and he said everything was fine. He probably had a little cold that was causing some mucus to drip into his throat and irritate it. The doc said that if Clarrie got a chest infection I would definitely know about it as he would be so unwell. But this cough seems to keep hanging on. I've been trying to give the saline nose drops to get rid of the mucus. It just seems that a persistent cough like that isn't quite right...

Dianna - 2 molars and a front tooth!! Poor little Brodie.

Okay, better go to bed, Julie

Akeesha Guest

Hey all,

Hmm crappy night again. She is waking up so many times in the night I think being sick and going away have really stuffed her.

I want to ask you ladies something. For those of you whose bubs still wake in the night....do they tend to want a feed or a nappy change or simply comfort??

I think Kobi may wake for comfort cos she will feed if I offer it but only teeny amounts. I am thinking I might have to spend a couple of night just rocking her back to sleep and putting her back down again instead of putting her in bed with me and feeding her. She might learn that way that it's time to sleep and her own bed is better.

Laura - I forgot to tell you that I also dream of Kobi talking sometimes. Mostly she screams out 'MUM' and then I wake up and for a split second think she can talk lol.

Has anyone heard of the vitamin Spirulina? I have started taking it this week and I have found it has made a difference. It's got extra boosts in it and it's stronger than wheatgrass and b12 and heaps of other things. Perfectly safe to take when pg or b/f etc. It's just to help those that are low in energy or are run down and give them a pick up. Granted I am sick atm so it can't work full capacity but I am noticing I have more energy and motivation since taking it. Thought I'd share that in case anyone was interested.

Oh and I promise I will organise my self soon and get some pics of the girls up for you all to see.

Ok better run chat soon.

well it's officially winter becuase I'm eating soup for breakfast

How is everyone today! hopefully you all had a good nights sleep last night.

THE ANTS!!!! - well DH went off to bunnings early on saturday morning to find the best ant killing stuff for our needs (ie. masses of ants with a nest under house and having a baby and two dogs that we don't want to poison)

So he bought these ant trap thingos and nailed up on the side of the house where the ants have their trail back to the nest.
    He nailed them up so they woudln't move and to make it harder for the dogs to get into should they get past the fence we've put up to stop them going down that side of the house.

Also - Matt got the traps (like roach hotel sort of thing) because there were the only one that didn't have serious warning labels on them He was telling me about how the sprays had warnings about how contact with the skin could cause fascial numbness and allergic reactions etc.... we did a bit ofresearch later and basically their neuro-toxins...work just as good on people as bugs!

so we went with the ant traps with have boric acid in them (which is nasty but naturally occuring) and then the stupid ants take it back to the nest and kill the queen!

there are still some ants around... but no where near as many as last week.

I think they're coming inside to the bathroom looking for water. this draught is messing with the ants too!

in baby news - we went to the museum yesterday with my mother's group! it was a lovely afternoon! I think we mum's had more fun than the babies because they all went to sleep.

is anyone else's little one drinking from a cup? becuase Luxxe never took a bottle, I've had to try various warious ways to give her milk.... non of which really worked and I was wasting milk, so starting trying with boiled water.

She LOVES water! and will drink out of my glass all the time. I've tried the sippy cup again this morning, so she can drink on her own (she can hold the glass glass, but I always hang on at the bottom just in case)

I think she liked it... I htink she's worked out how to suck on the sippy part now... she couldn't do it before...and she was giggling and chatting away to the cup! very cute!

Her eczema is practically ALL GONE!!! just a few scabs from where she scratched it ans made it bleed. all the dryness is gone!!

I'm amazed!! i've not put any creams or anything on it...just that 1 ml of water with stuff in last friday!

I'm so converted!!!

well Missy is tired as and we're off to have a nap. I think we might nap in the lounge this morning coz I want to watch a movie.

will pop back later

xxx
    L

Hi all

Quick post - flat out with work atm and my 2 darlings. Rylee and Declan were 6months on the weekend. They have both been pretty sick with a virus (snottty nose and coughing) which means that they have not been sleeping very well, which also means mum and dad have not been sleeping very well.

We have 6mth checkup today and vacc next wednesday.

Sal again YAYon #2.

Hope everyone else is well, will try to get on tomorrow - day off tomorrow and Friday - YAY

Akeesha Guest

Hey guys,

Well guess what I had to do this morning?? I had to take a pregnancy test!
    I wasn't thinking adamantly that I was pregnant but I had symptoms and I wanted to see whether I was or wasn't to get the thought out of my mind. Turns out I am not pregnant so that's ok. Or is it??

Problem is a few days ago if you had of said you are pregnant I would have been sooooo peeved. It's really not what we want right now and I don't think I could do it...yet after thinking on it for a few days before testing today it's a little different. It's not like I actually want to be pregnant as such right now but it's made me think what the heck do I want. Maybe I do want to have another.
    DH was so terrified. 2 kids was his limit and he wants to travel and save etc etc. He basically said if I was pregnant it would have been the worst news he could have heard. (very harsh comment and I did tell him that there were many worse things to be heard than that.)
    I mean I realise that having a baby right now wouldnt be ideal for us in so many ways...but the past few days have got me thinking that maybe it's something I don't want to write off.

He absolutely does. No more babies. Hmmm it's all a bit hard isnt it lol.

Well I havent told this to anyone else. I wanted to vent it here first. Truth be told I probably would have loved to see 2 lines on the test rather than the 1.

If I bring this to DH then he will just say that it's a no go. Even if he does come round and say ok lets have another, it will only be to keep me happy and I will most likely hear about it forever.

Now I am not sure what I want in that regard. I know I don't have to make any decisions at all right now...but it's something to think about I guess. Having another would mean I couldn't go back to work or school and do the things I wanted to do for a lot longer but maybe it's more important than all that? I know DH stresses and worries about money and the fact that we simply couldn't afford three kids.
    Urgh I don't know. I guess I will have that thought stirring for a while.
    Funny how things change. Thinking of having a baby a week ago would have got me cursing...now the threat of possibly accidentally falling pregnant has got me almost excited.

Anyway..thanks for listening..just wanted to get that out here, safely.

Thanks

morning!!

Jillian - I had a bit of a giggle at your nipples falling off not that it's funny that they hurt... just had a mental image of boobs without nipples and thought it was funny.

Ok - i'm obviously DELIRIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've not been sleeping that well lately and it's not even Luxxe's fault.... IT'S DH'S!!!!!

He has suddenly started snoring and he has always tossed and turned but now it's REALLY p*ssing me off.

SO my solution is to buy another bed. we were going to get a king size bed... but that was too expensive... so we're just going to buy a king single bed and bump it up next to our bed. DH can have the king single side (which is more room than he's getting now - plus room for us to snuggle while Luxxe sleeps on the big bed).

I sleep just fine when I've got the bed to myself... well with LUxxe and myself.

It's all started a few weeks ago when Dh had a really terrible cough that was nasty and gross and I told him that germs were bad for mummas and babies and made him sleep in the spare room for a few nights til it got better...since then sharing the bed has been annoying.

SO this morning I told him that he better go buy the bed today (he's taking the car) or else he's going to have a very grumpy wife!

went shopping yesterday to the big myer sale! OMG I had so much fun!!

I bought 2 maternity bras for $10 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are normally $49 and $56 so I was so happy with that bargain. I actually went back again las night to get more and there only about 20-30 left when in the morning there must have been hundreds. I'm spewing I ddin't just buy heaps...... oh well,,, 2 is better than none.

also got a few cute tops for Luxxe and some pants. all Jack and Millie brand...very cute. I've been buying some boy tops lately coz they tend to have really cute designs.... so I got one with dinosaurs.

and also bought 2 toy thingos. one is a little tricycle that converts to a scooter when she can stand up. it says from 9 months.... so we'll have to wait.. but it was reduced fromm $70 to $35. and the other hting is this wooden box with all activities.... like a blackboard and puzzles and mazes and stuff oh and a xylophone. that was half proce at $35 too.

the door bell just rang.... but no-one was there... but weirder than than we have 2 door bells.... one on the door which is behind the security door which was closes and that was the one that rang....the house has been spooking me out a bit lately....

ok - that's enough blabla bla from me

xxx
    L

Akeesha Guest

Morning All,

Jillian - Glad I am not the only one feeling that way re baby stuff. I am much better now. I have just resigned myself to the fact that it will happen if it's meant to and just be happy with what I have. I have to realise that I will most likely always be clucky and always want more so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in the future.
    Sorry Imogen kept you up all night though I was going out in sympathy. Once again a shocker for us. I can also sympathise with the boob thing. While mine arent sore I do recall telling a friend the other day that my boobs feel like "empty sacks with nipples" I know they arent empty but they just feel blah at the moment.
    Also really happy to hear about that wonder drop for the exzema. That's awesome!

Laura - Weird about your doorbell. That sort of thing can freak me out but I love it as well. I am fascinated by all things new age and super natural though hehe. Maybe someone is trying to get your attention. Someone saying hello.
    Yay about the sale at Myer. I thought about going but I need to be good with money and save for our holiday. I will spend up big when we get to America!

Well we are back on the solids bandwagon again. When I had her on it a while ago it was mostly to see how she'd go and thinking she needed it but she didnt. Now it's at the stage where she is almost 6 months and I may as well start introducing it to her to see how we go. I went and bought some tins just to see how she'd go. Once I know she will eat the food I will start making my own vegies etc. I also bought some special juice. It's pre diluted and suitable for her age. I put it in a bottle and gave it to her. She drank half. At first she was like..'hmm what the heck is this muck' but then she got into it and got a taste for it a bit more and enjoyed it. So we will get into all of that slowly. Last night she had a small amount of pumpkin and sweet corn. She didn't exactly throw it down but she didnt mind it. I give up with farex. She hates it. I don't blame her. It's pretty dodgy.

Sleeping is NOT improving. She is waking up at least 4 times a night and it's driving me nuts. The first wake up appears to be hunger cos she does feed. Not for long but she does feed. Other times she seems to just want me. She feeds for all of 10 seconds then drops off to sleep. I think she just wants to get in my bed. Problem is that none of us sleep and I want her to be in her own bed. So I might have to spend a couple of nights awake and train her to stay in bed.

I am feeling really bloated at the moment. A few weeks ago I had lost a couple of kilos and was really pleased and was getting back into the gym. Then I had that exhaustion and dehydration so have been told to stop going to the gym for a while. I havent put any weight back on but I feel bloated. I actually feel like I look pregnant. DH swears I dont but I reckon I do which makes me feel like crap. I only want to look pregnant if I am, and I am not so I am NOT HAPPY JAN.
    Does anyone else have this bloated thing going on? I don't have my periods back yet so maybe it's all of that. I am not sure. When I had Tyra my periods came back after 8 months when I stopped b/f. I am still very much b/f so who knows. I guess it can come back anytime right.

Ok I am going to take some spirulina and try to get some stuff done here.

Have a groovy day.

Akeesha Guest

Oh I also wanted to call the attention of anyone who watches Aussie Idol.

One of DH's footy mates has made it to the top 24. I think that means he will be on the show.I am pretty sure it does. So if he gets on I will let you all know and maybe get you to vote for him??? Please please.

Do you want me to give you his name or will that ruin the show when you are watching it?? Spoiling who gets through and all of that.

Let me know.

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Lisa, I can fully empathise with the [email protected] sleeping. Miles is terrible, I admit it. He's lovely in every other way but he's a bad sleeper. Last night we were up at 11.30, 2.30-4.00 then 7.00. I feel like a train wreck. Hope your body works out what it's supposed to be doing soon.

Um, don't watch telly at all, so your goss is over my head Lisa!

Laura, don't know about you but I hate being spooked. I've never got over the terrorising incident we had in Brissy last year, so living in a big house here is not what I wanted. I have got seriously spooked a half dozen times, I hate it. Next up for us is a security townhouse or apartment.

Jillian, is it possible for another growth spurt from Immy?!?!

Ooh solids, I had a break-through with Miles yesterday: I tried him on pumpkin and sweet potato in between his feeds and he loved it, ate the lot! I know they say to give solids after the feed, but he's not hungry and was getting stressed by our attempts to shove food in his mouth.

Nothing else to report, am too tired to write anything interesting today

I'M BUGGED TOO!!! - just wanted to say that out loud - unfortunately i suffer from migraine and the lack of sleep and worry is taking it's toll on me - my head is pounding.

having said that - Sal I feel for you - the memory of pregnancy is still very clear in my mind - take my hat off to you.

Still no teeth here - just grumbling and whinging - on both our parts - I'm feeling extremely down at the moment - is it possible to get PND - 6 months later?? - I'll be ok - just need a change of atmosphere I think and a hair cut.

By the way - HAPPY HALF WAY BRODIE!!! - my big boy is 6months today - i tell him lucky for you that your'e cute otherwise I was going to upgrade to a newer model - LOL - he just thinks mummy is NUTS.....

still not much movement as far as the rolling is concerned - but he's starting to want to sit by himself - I can sit him down and he is fine until he wants to turn his head left or right and then it all gets a bit messy - but he is becoming extremely vocal - LOT'S AND LOT'S OF MUMMA and very little dadda ;-) - according to old wives tales - if your child says mumma first the next baby will be a girl and vice versa for dadda - there you go a bit of trivia - ironically my dad told me this - he's such a good grandad

talk soon

ciao girls

Akeesha Guest

Hey,

Di - I just wanted to say I know how you feel. I have mostly good days now but the odd bad one. There was a period though where I just lost motivation and was always down and feeling crappy. I thought I may have been suffering pnd or something. I took myself off to the docs. I was suffering rotten headaches and just felt horrid.
    Turns out I was suffereing exhaustion and also dehydration. I just needed to drink more, rest more and not push myself. I know it's all easier said than done but I just had to make the conscious decision to not push myself and relax and learn that everything else around me can wait. I feel much better for it.
    I have also been taking a vitamin called Spirulina. Now I have only been taking it for a few days and am unwell but even with that have noticed a chance in motivation and mood. Its just a natural supplement and is supposed to boost energy and helps those that are tired and run down. Safe for b/f and pregnant women. Just a suggestion.

I hope you feel better soon.

Oh and happy half way to Bridie!!!

Sal Guest

Di, yes it's entirely possible to get PND 6 months down the track (happy half way to Brodie) but perhaps you're just tired and run down?!?! I feel out of sorts every few days but am sure it's not PND.

What a clever little boy, saying mumma already! Miles just continues with his dinosaur shrieks mainly!

ooh Lisa, will have to look into spirulina...so it's AOK for preggy women?

thanks girls - I'm ok - just over winter....bring on the sun and summer days and I'm happy and so is brodie - definitely a summer boy - he get's preogrssively more p'd off as the clothes come on after a bath - my little cheekly nudist

Akeesha Guest

Good to hear you are ok Di. It's ok to have bad days. We are always here to listen.

Sal - It's perfectly fine for preggies. I checked it out with the lady at the chemist and it's on most of the bottles. I bought the 100omg enervite. I reckon it's awesome.

Default long winded rant and vent

hi!

Hi Di!!!! happy half way to Brodie!
    this 6 month thing has so come around fast huh?

and I hear you al on the PND thing. some days I just feel completley not myself.... just over it and I want a break. a few days ago I rang Dh at work and made him come home because I just wasn't coping and needed to just get out for an hour on my own, clear my head, etc.

so as soon as dh got home I jumped in the shower for an hour washed my hair, shaved my legs...and then went out for an hour.... just drove around for a bit listening to music (which I can't do when Luxxe is around coz it relaly seems to upset her) then went and bought a pair of sneakers as my last pair are dead - got them in 1999 and they're well and truly dead...

the sneakers are part of my walk somewhere everyday thing. I was reading about how walking and getting out can help with feelings of PND. IT's working for sure I reckon. just getting out of the house makes a difference. Also - I count walking around the shops or just window shopping in the city as walking...

I had a spack at dh the other day about how it's unfair that after nearly 6 months, i've only been out without Luxxe 3 times... for a grand total of about 5 hours. It's not that I want to be away from Luxxe... i just need a bit of space and time to be on my own and be my own person too IYKWIM.

I really wanted to do this rowing class, like for exercise... but do you think of their 25 classes a week, there was even 1 hour in the week whre DH was around to watch luxxe or it wasn't feeding time or sleeping time or some other parental thing that DH can't do and I have to do?? NOPE! either I had to do the 6am class or nothing. and 6am

It really bums me out when I think about it.... so I try not to. it's just how it is and I have to just deal with it... which is bl00dy hard sometimes.

anyway - sorry to vent.... it's just been upsetting me a bit lately. anyway - I'm making icecream and I have to go do the next part now the mixture has cooled.

OH remind me to tell you my icecream making story.

xxx
    L

mmmmmmmmm - icecream - i had some last night - not homemade though - i had caramel swirl with crushed nuts and maple syrup - it was delicious.

DH and i have an agreement no crap food during the week unless you find it in the cupboard and considering I do the groceries i know what's in the cupboard - NOTHING WORTH PINCHING from Mon - Thurs but ironically the good stuff appears on Fri - Sun - but last night i couldn't resist it - I had some icecream and boy was it worth it....best part is DH doesn't know as he fell asleep on the couch - like they say - YOU SNOOZE - YOU LOSE - lol i ate his portion as well

anyway girls thanks for your support today - I've just been having a crappy week - I'll get over it.

gotta go - just realised it's friday and there's no chocolate in the house - need to put an end to that - lol

have a nice weekend all

hugs

Sal Guest

Laura, I'm the same as you, probably been away from Miles for 5 hrs in total over 3 outings (and 2 of those were family obligations so do they really count huh huh huh). I don't want to be away from Miles, but I do get peeved when DH has family or a friend come stay (like today for instance) and he goes out on a full-day trip and just leaves me at home. I mean, one day blends into the next so nothing too exciting ever happens for me, of course I get to enjoy Miles, you know what I mean. So, I just 'busted' his chops a bit when he got home.

Aah, not making any sense! I need chocolate!

Hope you all have a great weekend

i need chocolate too....hence the 2 family blocks of Whittekers (sp??) in the cupboard (so obviously on sale )

have a nice weekend all

PS I don't get any time to myself either - unless you call doing groceries and running around like a headless chook to have it all done in under an hour - my time??

I'm with Jillian - DH leaves latest 5.30am and realistically is never home before 5.30pm - 6pm often later - but i really can't complain too much - i only have 1 child not 3....:eek: having said that I've booked granny for next friday so i can have a day too myself - my hair needs it and so do i

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast