Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #6

Hi guys!!

so much going on in here lately!

Yael - So sorry to hear about your FIL. I'm thinking of you and your family.

SUper congrats to you Tam!!!
    OMG you're going to have 3 kids under 2yrs!!!!!!!!! WOW:eek:

Lisa - Poor you and poor Kobi!!! that sucks! If you don't already have ambulance cover you should look into it. It's about $120 a year for the family and if anything like that happens again, just call an ambo and they will take you straight to either the childrens or sunshine or whereever. then you won't have to wait around. You must have been freaking out! glad she's doing better.

man.... gotta go

xxx
    L

Akeesha Guest

Thanks guys

Laura - We do have ambo cover...just didnt think of using it. DH mentioned it when we ere waiting at the first hospital though. I guess I worry that if I all them and it's nothing then I have wasted their time. Goodness knows the hospitals make you feel bad enough as it is. Like you are an over protective mother that is just going over the top coming to the hospital. I hate that.

Still dont know whats wrong yet but most likley gastro. They highly doubt UTI but wont rule it out for sure just yet.

Yael - So sorry to hear about your FIL. Thats very sad. I hope that you and your DH and families are all comforted during this time. Hugs to you honey.

Lisa! How awful for you and Kobi - so glad to hear that she is better. The hospital wait sucks. That is one good thing about living in the country - the hospitals are generally pretty good. And working in aged care I've got to know how it all works. Basically you've just got to get on the good side of the RN working at the time!!! Hehehe.

Dianna, glad you got some comfort from the separation anxiety stuff. I never finished that post off because my sister rang and I quickly posted it, but now I can't remember what else I was going to say anyway...

Forgot to say a big congrats to Miles for rolling back to front. Has there been a repeat performance, Sal?? Clarrie is still not keen on this at all.

I didn't have the NT tests, etc, because we decided (well, me mainly) that if I was carrying a Down's baby I wouldn't feel good about having a termination anyway. I think because my cousin has Down's and it makes it all more real. Hmmmm, that said, I worried heaps during my pregnancy because I'm so long in the tooth , and the risk increases over 35. But all was fine in the end. I guess if we decide to have another child that will be another thing to think over again. I'll be that much older again. But that injection into the womb thing - amniocentosis? can't remember the name. That freaked me out. I could never have that done.

Okay, enough of all that. Hi to Laura. How is that gorgeous Luxxe going?

Julie xx
    PS We had our movie with babes today at the local cinema and it was just me and another woman. It was great fun anyway. We saw Shaggy Dog with Tim Allen - I probably wouldn't normally see something like this but it was funny and Clarrie had a great time.

Sal Guest

thanks Julie! Nope, no repeat performance (and I never saw the premiere performance, have to believe DH). I'm the same as you (re termination) so I don't know why I get the NT scan done - it's more to see bub. If I came back high risk I don't know what I'd do. Cinema sounds like fun, though movie sounds silly!

gotta go, Mr Miles is stroppy...

Akeesha Guest

Morning all,

Well Kobi had 9 solid hours sleep last night. It appears that being unwell does her some good!

Though she hasnt had a sleep yet today. I dont know why cos she is so tired. And usually I let her cry for a bit but cos she isnt all that well I am not keen on that.

My house is such a mess and I have absolutely nothing in me to even bother with it. I need to give it the biggest clean up and clean out. I don't think I will ever do it!

I went to the plaza earlier this morning to pay some bills and went to the baby rooms to feed Kobi. While I was in there I was chatting to another lady with a little bubba. He was 6 months and crawling!!! WTF?? Why won't my baby crawl I mean I should be happy cos at least I know she doesnt go far and I dont have to run around after her..but she isnt really doing anything besides rolling. She hasnt even bothered to master sitting properly. She will do it but still falls. Wonder when she will get her act together!!

Hmm what else..oh I have been doing some reading on the fee-help and hecs-help schemes for uni and am mega confused. I really dont know what the hell to do. It's so much to take in. I am going to have to call them I think. Might shoot some emails off today first and see what I get from that. I have a few options..but I really dont understand parts of them.

Julie - Have you looked into it yet??

Ok Kobi is having a massive crying fit. Better go sort her out.

Have a good day

Lisa, just popping in to say Im glad Kobi is improving. That is so scary for you. My poor sister, her 5 month old has gastro right now and is projectile vomiting. She kept some milk down today so here's hoping.
    Also Lisa, coco is going to be 9 months in 12 days or so and she is not crawling! Infact she's only been rolling heaps in the last month. She also only sits sometimes (I have to be with her), so don't worry, we are WAY behind most!! but like you, I am telling myself to make the most of it.
    Actually we're living in a very unbaby proof unit, so until we move Im happy for no crawling. BUt she's such a roller now I've had to get a play pen!!
    hope everyone else is well
    xoxo

Hi guys!

this is a message for Lisa - theres a thread in the OB Recommendations about VBAC at Werribee Mercy..do you think you could take a look & maybe offer some insight given your experience? If you want to.....

Has Jo been in? Brigid has ahd an ear infections, but seems to be coping with it fairly well by all accounts.

Sal Guest

Hi guys! Ray, no Jo hasn't posted in here for months and months. We wait patiently!

Lisa, Miles doesn't do much...he can sit, but doesn't really roll at all. Occasionally I worry that he's behind the average, but I know he's going to walk eventually.

Akeesha Guest

Rayray- Will check it out now.

Webmeg- Thanks for checking on me and Kobi

Thanks for the reassurance about her lack of movement and crawling etc. Makes me feel a bit better. I know she will get her act together eventually..it's probably a good thing to have to wait.

OMG she has been a nightmare today. All she did yesterday was sleep and now today all she wants to do is cry. I have been trying to get her to go to sleep since 10am! She has literally only stopped crying now. She has been up and down out of bed..and pretty much..feed/try to put her back down. Playing that game for the past 3 and a half hours!

Ok will go check out the OB thread for Rayray.

Hey girls

good to know that i'm not the only one with a "lazy" baby.....

Brodie, only ever rolls when he feels like it - which is pretty rare and far between, he's pretty much not interested in anything that involves him using his own strength other than crying - hence why we are off to do some physio on the 29th - i just need to rule out any other posible issues - having said that in my heart i truly believe that he is only lazy and has chosen to vocalise first rather than move (i'm not that into exercise myself so he may have got this idea from me - that'll be right pick up one of my worst habits.

Yael - sorry I missed your post - I'm so terribly sorry for your loss - my thoughts are with you all at this difficult time .

The Paed even mentioned that it's so much more difficult for larger babies to move - and looking at Brodie I can see exactly what he is saying - he's pretty close to 10kgs now

Just one more thing, DH is always going on about how Coco is developing her mind, and the physical stuff will come next!!! So we're just assuming she thinks so much she has no time to do other stuff!!! xoxo

Sal, the movie was pretty silly. Anyone seen any good movies lately? I don't watch much but my sister gave me Walk the Line and this was really good. Much better than I thought it would be as I'm not really into American films usually.

Lisa, hope Kobi has a good sleep tonight. It's hard when they're unwell and need us so much more. Hope things settle down again for you soon. Re. the study, I am having a mini crisis because I thought I had it all decided and then the uni where I was going to study changed the course (I think I mentioned this) and now it looks like there will be more contact hours internally than there was before. Anyway, I feel really peeved because I asked all the questions of the different unis I was considering and made up my mind and now I have to ask Charles Darwin uni again because the course has changed. :mad: Just having a whinge, sorry. Hope you got some good responses for your questions. I'm beginning to think that the applying is the hard part and the actual course will be a breeze!!!!

Hey, we are all worrying about our babes not crawling and rolling, but once they do we will be so exhausted and wonder why we were worrying about it!!! They will all be fine. Clarrie is like Kobi, Miles, Brodie - rolling to get off his stomach, sitting up okay sometimes.

Meg, that is a good one about Coco sitting there and thinking too much to be physical. We can start telling everyone that our bubs are going to be rocket scientists or something!!! LOL.

I wonder how Imogen is doing on the crawling front. Sounded like once she made her mind up she was up and off.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, Julie xx

Sal, can I be nosy and ask what the symbol in your avatar is? I've often wondered.

julie - now I'm intrigued - i always just thought the symbol was a candelabra??

hi guys!

I've been reading a book about Montessori philosophy/ideas and how they apply to babes from birth to 3 years old.

WOW!!! I'm finding it so very very interesting. Di - If you're looking for some insight into Brodie's attachment issues and also if you are worried about him not crawling etc... totally check out some Montessori stuff

The book I'm currently reading is called ' MOntessori from the start - the child at home, from birth to age three' by Paula Polk Lillard and Lynn Lillard Jessen.

as a result of reading the book we are changing quite a few things around the house... like the set up of Luxxe's room.

Anyway - it goes into how psycho-motor development happens and how to help them to reach their milestones.... Obviously the babe can't do anything it's body is physically not able to do because the mylenation of their neuro pathways needs to happen first... but then after that there are things to do to encourage them.

like I said - I'm finding it so interesting.... Dh and my mum are getting sick of me quoting the book all the time i think

anyone doing anything good this weekend?

we're having a stay at home day today.

I'm watching rage and J tv. haven't watched video clips for yonks.

check ya later ladies!

xxx
    L

Sal Guest

Hi all! LOL no it's not a candelabra! It's the greek symbol 'psi' and can be used as shorthand for psychology. It's my way of showing that I have an outside interest hehehe.

Laura, you'd find my developmental psych textbook very interesting, if you like reading about psycho-motor development and neurological development. There are some interesting studies in there, about whether a a baby can be trained to do something earlier than they might otherwise...the answer is no (twins were used, one of which got 'training' for stair climbing, the other didn't have any exposure to stairs; the 'trained' one did not climb stairs any quicker or better than the untrained one). For very young babies and children the principal of maturation is key i.e. with mere exposure to the right environmental conditions a baby will develop at its own pace.

Julie, I despair of American movies (and commercial TV) so I can't say I've seen anything good lately.

LOL at our brainy babies! Miles has always been a placid and not overly active baby (even in the womb, he didn't move around that much). At my NT scan, this new bub was jumping around everywhere, very different to Miles. I might have a crawler at 6 months with this next one!

Julie, bummer that your course has changed. I hate the way that unis do that and don't let students know til the last minute. Do you have other options?

Well Opa (granddad in german) is here visiting today, so I get a break from 100% having to look after Miles. YAY!

Hope all your w/ends are going well!

Sal, thanks for filling us in re. the symbol. I thought initially that is was a Jewish symbol (which I think is the candelabra thing). I'm not very up on religious symbols or greek symbols obviously!!! lol.

I find the whole thing about development fascinating. I was just reading in one of my old books about how Aboriginal children can sit up much more quickly than Western (white) children. One example was how by 6 months they are usually able to ride on an adult's shoulders holding on to the person's hair. Can't imagine Clarrie doing that!! but I would probably be too paranoid to even let him try. Whereas with traditional Aboriginal families, the kids had to do this so that the family could be on the move more easily.

Feel free to keep sharing any more stuff, Sal & Laura.

Is Opa your father, Sal? Being nosy again and wondering if your parents are German? good to hear your new bub is jumping around in there.

A beautiful, sunny day here. I put up a little swing for Clarrie (made out of a milk crate) and he loves it.

Julie xx

Sal Guest

Yep Julie all those studies are fascinating. Aboriginial children also walk much earlier than caucasian kids. All very interesting.

Opa is my DH's dad, yes he's German. DH's mother is Finnish, so there is quite a mix in Miles.

Your swing sounds cool, got a pic of it?!?!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast