Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2006

Hi girls, I just snuck in here to have a look at the all the gorgeous baby photos you have got and you all have absolutely beautiful babies. You should all feel very proud of yourselves (can't wait for you to post photos Akeesha and Misty!). BTW, I had an induction with Paige and got a retained placenta too. I was told about 1 in 25pg have this happen.

Hi there All

Finally grabbing a moment to say Hi.

Laura - I'm so sorry to hear of your battles with the hospital - unfortunately your'e not alone....my experience wasn't that much better and poor little Brodie had to go back into hospital twice once we left to come home.

He had pretty bad jaundice (double what it is meant to be...) so needless to say lots of needle *****s and blood taken - along with blood clotting and redoing it over and over and over again.

He was administered phototherapy and I had to express feed him on call every 2 hours.

His bloods came back the following morning and his Billirubin had dropped however even at the time i was arguing/pleading with the Paedatrician to keep him under the lights for another 24hours (although it was breaking my heart, i too just wanted to run away with him and make him all better) as he still looked lethargic to me - however he assured me that he was fine and that we only needed to come back the next day for follow up bloods if wanted too!!!

Of course next day we went back to the hospital had some more tests done and low and behold his Jaundice was back with a venegance - so we had to start again - I panicked (nearly fainted) and my milk dried up - I then had to force myself to get some sleep DOCTORS ORDERS!! (I hadn't slept for close to 72 hours at that point - not counting the fact that I had just given birth and wasn't as prepared physically as i should have been given he was 3 weeks early and needless to say my labour wasn't as cut and dry as it should have been)

So to cut a really long story short - i kind of know how you feel - I've lost my train of thought now but I think you get the picture....

Other than that - my poor little munchkin has constipation - I currently can't breast feed or express as I am on my third lot of antibiotics in 3 weeks and unfortunately these ones cross into my breast milk and it's just too dangerous to continue with the feeding for the moment - so basically I'm still expressing and pretty much washing my milk down the sink and feeding Brodie formula - which had him up from 1am to 4am with stomach cramps and then again from 6am to 9am - i feel so helpless when he is like that - his head goes all red and looks like its going to burst off his shoulder (God forbid). I'm giving him water at the moment in the hope that, that will help...

Sorry - i have gone off on my tangent a little - i can't really complain - he is a great baby - he has gone through a lot - especially since he came so early and was so sick with the Jaundice - he is fantastic - I think I'm suffering more than he is at the moment - but sleep deprivation will do it every time...

anyway - enough about us - I hope all you lovely ladies are doing well and enjoying your little bubbas as much as I am

hugs

di and brodie xxx

Forum Name: DiannaQ
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 7/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 6pounds - 47cm - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Gorgeous Baby Boy
    Baby's Name: Brodie Josef
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlepoppit/
    Health Concerns: 3 weeks early!!!
    Notes: Fattening up my little man

Hi All

Laura that is awful. I hope that that drink helped.

Jillian, I am well. Very busybut all going well. They both feed really well and sleep pretty well too. The heat here in Melbhasknocked them about a little but all is well.

Di, Misty and Lisa - Hi and congrats again on your little ones.

Well still have not got my birth story done, but hope to do it today.

OK I have just posted my birth story, at last

Sal Guest

Hi girls!! Finally made it in here. Have emailed my details.

Posted my birth story.

Laura, I'm so sorry your birth experience went pear-shaped. I know what you mean about bub being butchered by docs, Miles was the same, tortured to try and get a drip into him, finally they got it in his foot, but he is bruised and bloody all up his hands. And there was nothing wrong with him either.

Sorry haven't had a chance to fully catch up with all the posts here, have to go express. I'm having awful trouble with b/f, Miles won't take the nipple. Am trying to get my supply up, then will attempt attachment again. Unfortunately he associates my boobs with stress (all the various midwives, trying to jam his head on my boob repeatedly).

HI!

I was just reading back over the posts and I think I should clarify that the drink I went to have the other day was a cup of tea hahahahah

just in case anyone thought I was on the booze or something

all our poor little babies and those bastard hospital people with needles!!

but Luxxe is finally starting to forget I think... or at least isn't scared that we're going to hurt her. we can now change nappies without her screaming the house down... and bath time is better too.... generlaly everything is getting better, including how I feel about it all.

OH i just have one more somplaint to share about how stupid the hospital was..... you know the baby bonus claim form ou get and it has the certificate of birth sticker in the back so that you can prove you really did have a baby??

well they gave me someone elses?!?!?

what a poor poor poor show that is.

I still can't believe I'm a mum now

I"ve put her down for a nap a couple of times and then forgotten she's out in the world now.... so used to having her safely in front of me rather than in the bassinete~

how's everyone's swelling going?

I'm pretty happy that it's mostly all back to normal down there.

I was so worried about doing a poo (sorry if TMI) for the first time when I was in hospital..... thought I was going to explode..... but it's all good....and now the bottom area is back to normal.

YAY!!!

only pain left now is muscle pain inmy groin.

Midwife said that it's from all the relaxin hormone still flowing around my body and can stay in significant amounts for up to 6 months after a baby. She said that this is why we need to take it easy and walk slowly.... otherwise it will feel like I've been busting a gut at the gym the next day.

so today I went out into the city with DH and my folks and Luxxe..... so tomorrow I'm going to hurt.... can tell already as I feel like my legs are being pulled apart.... ouchy

My parents went back home again today. miss them already.

It's going to be relaly hard to not have them around. It was just so nice to have them around and to see them lavishing all that love on their grand daughter.

this is what I always imagined it would be like.... I just feel like they and we are all missing out a bit by not being so close by eachother.

SO how are all these babies sleeping??

I'm still trying to figure out the routine exactly.... but mostly its wake up at 9am... feed, change nappy, feed change nappy, down at about 11.30am sleep til about 3pm, then nappy change sleep eat on and off til about 5pm then down til 8pm then feed til 9ish then down til 11pm then sleep til 1am then sleep til 3am quick feed then back down til 6am then cuddle til 9am.

right... someones hungry.

xxx
    L

Di, which formula are you using?

Hey Everyone,

Can't chat for long as i'm absolutely exhausted... Came home from hospital yesterday morning... So glad to be home, although we spent the last night in the Sofitel (hospital has a program there, whole floor for patients and nurses stay there also... Got a lot more rest, finally a comfy bed, and less nursesatients, so got a lot more help!)

Baby is doing well... Is jaudice also, although the SBR results were borderline so they let me go home.. Seemed to get worse yesterday, and he stopped feeding and was soo soo sleepy, even putting him in cold water wouldn't wake him up... panicked and got my mum to come over, but when it cooled down in our house he seemed to do a bit better, and was thinking about taking him back to emergancy to get another test done, but then in the afternoon he started doing a bit better... We even gave him some formula to try and get some liquids into him, but he only took 20ml and then threw it up....

Anyway, last night my milk came in, and cos he didn;t have to suck so hard he is feeding a bit better, which is supposed to make the jaudice better..

But he is absolutel gorgous... very alert and placid...

Birth was ok... Little more intervention then i would have liked, but just before the end he decided he didn't want to come out so badly he turned posterior... Only had gas from around 7cm onwards, but had to have morphine for the pain at 9.5-10cm.. Then had absolutly no erge to push for 2 hrs, but was made to buy everyone in the room... begged for a c-sect (good thing my obs said no way...) and then eventually ask for a vacuum after not being able to push anymore.. thats when he discovered baby had turned..So he said i would need some help, and at least it was the vacuum and not the forceps or a c-sect.. And at least no epi..Strange thing was never got contractions at the end.. Put me on the drip and turned it up like 5 times but still nothing.. after like 30 mins of waiting we decided to fake it and i just pushed and the dr pulled and my little boy was born... Ended up with 2 tears, which are painful but healing...

Never would have made it through without Kelly, who was just fantastic... And i've decided i think pain is definetly in your head a lot of the time, cos if i knew he was posterior i would have asked for a lot more pain relief a lot earlier..

Anyway, breasts are killing me cos they are so full... And the baby is crying so i'ld better go feed..

Will write more later..

Hope you are all well..

Yael

But

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Awwww Yael, it was an absolute pleasure Don't forget to check out the birth announcements thread when you have 5 spare minutes Hope to catch up with you soon.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

MOrning all!!

Luxxe is down for her big nap so I'm putting it to good use !

Dh and I had a lovely brunch of french toast and a big pot of tea.... had 2 parcels arrive this morning also.... so have been playing with all the new baby clothes and toys

I've put a load of washing on and now i"m going to email some photos around and then have a shower which should bring us right to luxxe's wake up time and ready and clean for a feed!

Can't beleive she's nearly 2 weeks old!!

Jillian!!! Imogen is a month old already! unreal how fast time goes by.

my mum is ringing several times a day to get baby updates

she's going to get a 3 phone today so that she can video call us. We video called my dad's phone yesterday during Luxxe's bath! so cute!

It's so cool having that kind of technogoly so easily available.. makes the distance bearable.

I'm a bit excited because I seem to be shrinking in the belly area!! YAY!!!

tried on some pre-pregnant clothes and I could almost do up the zip! I figure that's pretty good for 10 days post partum.

Midwives reckon 6 weeks is the magic number forr body to be back to normal.

well....love to everyone!

glad everyone is back home safe and healthy and healing.

I'm just so upset that so many of us didn't get the birth we wanted/hoped for/dreamt about/planned

I know that having healthy babies is really the big blessing here and that we all came out of the process ok too....

I just think that 9 months of built up expectation deserves a bit of grieving or another word I can't think of.

I think I might look into having a birth de-brief counselling session. just so I can formally deal with it and then move on now... rather than hang on to it.

I have to say that everyday with Luxxe makes the birth seem less of a big thing in my moment to moment life....

anyway - off to send pics to the family!

xxx
    L

OMG!!!! guess what!!!!

we are moving to canberra!!! DH got a job there!!!! it is going to be interesting making such a big move with a little (or not so little) bub.

Akeesha Guest

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is well. I am not caught up with all the goss and I as I type this it looks as though I dont have long to go til I am needed elsewhere lol.

We had a bbq on Saturday to celebrate Kobi's birth. It was a big night. We were up til 2am so needless to say I had to have a huge nap the next day.
    At least everyone has met her now so it saves the dribs and drabs visits of ppl wanting to see her for the first time.

I cannot believe Tyra starts school on Wednesday! I am near tears just thinking about it. I can hardly believe we have come to that stage in her life already. At least when she goes I might have more time to do a few things around here. I am looking forward to it for her sake because she is so excited but I am so sad thinking my baby is off to school.

Kobi is doing well. She is such a good sleeper but reserves all her good sleeps for the day time and is not so good at night
    I guess I have to give her more time to get used to being on the outside hehe. I spose she isnt too bad but I am hoping to get her into a better routine soon.

Is everyone else already in a routine with their bubs? Is everyone here demand feeding or feeding at certain times?

Slowly getting used to having a newborn in the house again. It seems all a bit surreal at the moment still. I love saying "My girls", or "My kids".

Laura - I think the counselling sounds like a good idea. Something I really should have done I think in regards to my birth with Tyra. Would have been beneficial. I hope it makes you feel better though it sounds as though you are doing better daily anyway.
    Re the tummy thing, mine seems to be going down pretty fast too. I seem to be doing much better this time as opposed to when I had Tyra. I am in pretty much in all of my normal clothes bar a couple of pairs of pants. B/f helps get things moving quicker too so that bodes well for us hehe.

Misty - Congrats to DH on the job and on teh news of the big move. Should be great for you!!

Sal - Just about to go read your birth story. Good to see you here.

Yael - Good to see you as well. Have you posted a full birth story yet? Are you going to? Posterior sucks hey! The only thing about my labour I wish would have been different was Kobi's possie becuase in the end no matter how hard I tried I probably would have had to have vacuum regardless. Though even with that it was a great birth. Better than forceps and c/s. Glad you had Kelly with you. It is great that you had the extra support.

Ok better go. DH has just come home early from footy training and is really sick with a migraine, Tyra is making a mess and thankfully Kobi is still asleep but I dont know how much longer that will last.

Have a great night

kerry Guest

Caught up with all the goss. Have to be quick the P is being deprived of his lunch and Brigid is being silly, she does that sometimes... claws her face and screams. We don't do this often but we do do it.

I am back in all my pre preg clothes as everything else just swims.

P has been fantastic and I am sure I would be insane if he wasn't arround.

Getting the news to go now... wish I had more time but it is a bit beyond me to type and feed at the same time. Will try to get on here again tomorrow. Birth story is nearly finished so should have it up soon.

BBS.

Hey guys,

Have to be quick as i am completely finished....

Anyway, we are good, but never seem to have a spare moment to get on here... Hopefully soon things will settle down...

Will try and post my birth story soon, but probs will have to check it with Kelly as i was a little knocked out from the morphine at the end, and probs don't remember everything 100%

Hope you are all well and enjoying your little ones

Oh, i've put photo's up on a website, and have included a link.. Will add photo's from the ceremony today sometime soon!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.

Akeesha Guest

Hi Guys

Jo - Good to see you around again We must arrange a catch up. Glad to hear P is looking after you and things are going well.

Yael - I am sure you would have had a lovely day at the naming ceremony. I had a look at the website and your little man is waaaaaay too cute hehe. Cant wait to see the naming ceremony pics.

Jillian - I dont know what posessed me to throw the bbq really lol. I guess to just get all the visits over with iykwim. It was a huge night and really hard to get round to chatting to everyone. But who I didnt get to chat much to DH did so thats the main thing. We had about 50 or so here. It was a good night though. I cannot take all the credit as I did have a few ppl bring some things but it was a joint effort lol.
    Glad I am not the only one not worrying too much about a routine. I wasnt sure if everyone was trying to sort one out or not and I was the odd one out. I'd rather go with the flow and just have Kobi fit in with us. I know she will as Tyra did the same. I am big on living as normal and having bubs fit in with us rather than change things for bubs iykwim.

Oh deary me Tyra starts school tomorrow. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    I am so nervous about it. I am worrying about all the silly little things. I worry she may wet her pants or that she will not have enough food/drink or she will miss me or something. I am stressing about all the things I really shouldnt worry about. I just cannot believe my baby is going to school. It just doesnt seem fair. It seems that the past 5 years has flown way too fast and I am a bit emotional about it. It's like...Tyra was once as little as Kobi now she is going to school and the reality is hitting hard.
    I know she will be fine and give me a week and I will be ok too..its just going to take some getting used to I guess. I have to deal with all those darn post pregnancy hormones at the same time too.

I have another question for you ladies. I want to create a website so I can put all of my pregnancy pics and pics of Kobi and Tyra and things like that. Can you give me any ideas as to where I can find a place to construct a website? One thats really easy to operate and I dont have to fight too hard to add pics etc. Something easy. Not real good with the complex computer stuff. Thanks

Ok must go..need some sleep and be ready for the big day we have tomorrow. No more sleep in's now
    (yes I was still getting sleep in's cos Kobi likes to snuggle in the mornings hehe)

Good night ladies

Hi Lisa, alot of people use the babies online site - its pretty easy to use. It only allows you a limited number of photos so for your gallery you can link to another place. I use yahoo photos. Its free and really easy to use. HTH

Forum Name: Princesst
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: January 22nd 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2250g, 46cm in length
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Allegra Chiara
    Baby's Website: One day!!
    Health Concerns: Feeding due to her smaller size but things are looking up already.
    Notes:

Afternoon everyone - I thought I would join you all here in the born in Janurary thread as well as joining the born in February group as Allegra was due in Feb but being such an impatient princess was born a little early!

I do know a few of you but for those of you I dont know, my name is Teena and my husband is John. We are proud first time parents and are naturally overjoyed at the arrival of our gorgeous baby girl.

Its such a new and wonderful feeling just seeing her here in our home, I feel so content to be here looking after her.. I'm sure I dont need to describe it all to you!!

Allegra was born via c/s because I have spinal damage from a MVA when I was younger and I am recovering very well. I was up and out of bed the next morning and am doing everthing (bar the heavy lifting!) that I normally do around the house.

You must excuse me if I get a little confused around the Jan girls.. I am so used to our Feb clan coupled with the fact that I have serious mummy brain, I cant seem to remember too much.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
    T x

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast