Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2007

Taz hope Orlanda stops screaming in the car for you soon.

I'm taking Eleanor to the doctors tomorrow i need to sort out which is the best formula to give her. If i use a none AR formula she throws it up, S26 AR makes her a little sick, karicare AR a tiny amount of sick but runny poos all the time and it's made her have really bad nappy rash. The S26 AR she had normal poos but just wasn't settled so i really don't know what to do for the best anymore.
    I have tried 5 different formulas.

michelle i hope the dr can shed some light,poor eleanor!!!!maybe changing them so often is not giving her time to adjust to it?just an idea!
    harry is doing well,he is completlty bottle fed with formula now,i feel a bit sad as i breast fed chantelle for 15 months right up to the day i went in to hospital to have harry but he is thriving and i guess that is most important.he is still sleeping well at night with 1-2 wakes,some days he can be a rat bag during the day though,he has just started to lie on the floor for short periods entertaining himself,i bought a musical/light play gym off ebay so hopefully he will like it and lie under that for some time during the day,he gave us his first smile this week also,he is overdue for his 8 week needles,just cant seem to get out of the house with 4 kids in tow.
    nikki

Nikki I've kept Eleanor on each formula that i have tried for at least 2wks other than the one i tried today and she only took 25mls before throwing it all up. Hopefully the Dr will help tomorrow as i think she is lactose and it's only just started.
    I'm changing a runny nappy 7-10times a day and not much in it is wee.

I hope Harry has fun with his new toy. Which formula are you using ?
    How is Chantelle with Harry ?
    I'm having to watch Alex very carefully with Eleanor as today he hit her head with the coner of a book.

I got Eleanor to the doctors first thing instead of waiting till tonight.
    They are treating her for reflux and thrush. She had started to stop taking her formula she has only taken 200mls in 15hrs.

Poor little Eleanor Thrush, what have they given her? I think CAssie had thrush when she was little too

Did they give you an answer on which formula?

michelle,ouch on the book,chantelle is great with harry,she really loves him but i too have to always watch her with him.she doesnt seem to understand that she can be too rough with him at times,one day i heard a muffled scream and ran in to find her sitting on his head.she thought it was a good little chair.
    poor harry.
    poor eleanor.harry had really bad thrush a few weeks ago and was very fussy with his food,infact that is when he decided he didnt want to breastfeed anymore,it must have been hurting his mouth as he had to suck harder than he does with the bottle.
    he is on s26 gold.
    chantelle had reflux also but not near as bad as eleanor.she ended up going on s26 AR for her night time feed and i prepered a teaspoon of food thickener and put that in her mouth before her breastfeeds during the day on advice from the dr.she grew out of it after a couple of months.
    what formula has he suggested for her
    nikki

Nikki - Eleanor's thrush is down below on her vigina it's from the awful poos she has been dping. The doctor said to keep her on the Karicare AR as it's one of the best formula's and give her the losec and for the thrush twice a day i have to use canesten and sigmacort the rest of the nappy changes i have to use vaseline.
    Hopefully she will start to improve i feel like such a bad mum leaving her like this for so long.

michelle you DID NOT leave her like this for so long,you were not ignoring her problems.you were doing the best you could with the amount of information you had.you are definanlty not a bad mum,a bad mum is a woman who could not give a damn and left there baby to suffer always.
    i hope things improve for her now.let us know.
    nikki

Thanks Nikki.
    I know in my heart I'm not a bad mum I'm just having one of those emotional days. It should have been my brothers birthday and I've been awake since 4am and also watching Eleanor in pain everytime she was going to the poo is just awful.

Michelle, you are not a nurse, you couldn't have known. When Cassie was 1 she had a cold and a chesty cough, I didn't think it was anything serious. The next thing I know she is in hopital with Pnuemonia

You care and that is what makes you a good mum.

It must be so hard for you today, I'm thinking of you.

Ok, re-read that and it DOES sound kike i'm a bad Mum LOL! We did take her to the Dr and he said there was nothing wrong! Then she had trouble breathing so we took her to the hospital.

LOL Rachel i knew you would have taken DD to the doctors.

Eleanor is still doing horrible poos but not as many as she was and she is setteling so much better at night now. The doctor did say her tummy was full of gas.

Hi Everyone,

How are you all doing ?

Eleanor is doing great and is putting weight on well. She loves to smile and stick her tongue (sp?) out at you. Wiggle time doesn't happen much but she does enjoy it when she can have it.
    Finally no more runny poos and it's been 24hrs since she did her last one.

I can't believe she will be 3 months old soon.

Hi everyone

sorry not been here for ages, family meltdown is still going on and i'm having to fly around like a blue @rsed fly to keep everyone happy. I don't have the time for it and to be honest the whole thing is getting me down a bit, but hey school hols are here.

Michelle,i hope Eleanor is loads better now, sorry i missed all your posts.

Orlanda is going great, she's a bit better in the car and is such a happy little girl, she grins at everyone and is generally a real ray of sunshine, except last night when she had a sore tummy and kept me up most of the night wanting to feed and try to force whatever is bugging her indsides out, but she got up with a smile this morning so all is well again.

She is having her first trip to the footy on saturday, watch out for her on tv, we are in the second row behond the goal

Taz i hope you can sort your family problems out soon. How is Orlanda's tummy now ?
    Have fun at the footy today.

Eleanor is sleeping through all night now but i bet by saying that i have jinxed it. She has lots of playtime now during the day but i have to watch Alex with her. She loves nappy free time and i have not been peed on yet.

Have a happy Easter everyone.

How is everyone doing ??

I got Eleanor weighed last week and she is now 6kgs. She is still sleeping at night and having short naps during the day.

im well sorry have not been in for a while,great news that eleanor is sleeping well at night,is she sleeping right through for you,if so that is absolutly terrific.6kilos is great,
    harry is doing really well.he is not sleeping through but has done so about 5 times but not consistantly.he usually wakes once over night for a feed,i can cope with that especially now that chantelle is not waking over night any more(bout time too!)
    he is feeding well too.
    he has a terrible chesty cough at the moment,it started about 2 weeks ago and i took him to see a dr who said his chest was clear so i left it at that but it has not cleared up.chantelle is due for her 18 month immunisation this week so i will take him along for another check up.he has his mchn check up tomorow so im not sure of his weight at the moment,last month it was just over 4 kilos,so we will see,he looks to me like he has grown heaps.
    all else is well have had a few bad days when both the babies have really tested me but the next day is always better.
    we have been super busy,we bought a new house and got the keys last week so i have beenm in there everyday re painting it,the babies have been in day care while i have been painting,i should be finished by the end of the week.we have alot of other things to finish before we move in 2 weeks,cant wait though,we bought a new car yesterday,we have a toyota prado.tis a 2000 model,dh decided that he wanted to upgrade so we bought a 2004 model that only has 30,000 km on the clock,tis absolutly georgous and i feel very spoilt indeed.
    ok must be off have just done all the house work after the school holidays and now must be off to the new house to paint.
    take care everyone
    nikki

Wow Nikki you have been busy. It must be nice being in a new house. I can't wait till we buy our own again and we can paint the bedrooms.
    Harry seems to be doing so well. I hope he is feeling better soon.

Eleanor sleeps 12hrs a night which is great but i don't always get to sleep in past 5.30am once she wakes Kimberley and Alex wake so that is my day started. But the only good thing about that is they are all in bed by 7pm.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast