Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #2

Hi there girrls

only going to be a quicky and I see some of you know about Mateauz being in hospital. I started on sunday when he didnt want any bb and start twitching....by 2am monday he was having fits so we called an ambulance. Have had 6 hours sleep since. He has been diagnosed with strep b and has numerous clots around his brain. Also has some 'dead' areas in his brain and they still dont know if he will suffer any permanent brain damage from it. Taking one day at a time attm. Im going home sunday and I still dontknow when Mat will be home.
    Will update you when i know more
    hope everyone else is having a better baby moon then me
    Im thinking of you al
    xxmaz

Kristielee Guest

Oh Maz you poor thing sounds terrible and your littleman must be heart wrenching watching him go through all this bigs hugs from me and will be preying for good results all round! Goodluck honey xo

Kristie

Will post tomorrow girls just wanted to see how Maz and all were doing
    Hi Dayl glad your here too now
    BBL

Oh Maz sorry to hear your not having the best time attm, i'll be thinking of you & your little man and pray for good results.

Maz - I was thinking about you last night wondering how things were going so thanks for the fill in. I hope you get good news shortly.

Hawksey - I look forward to a catch up when you're back on your feet. IF also helps promote peaceful sleep according to the bottle and I think it does work. The main ingredient in IF is Magnesium Carbonate which used to be known as Milk of Magnesia in our parents and grandparents day so it has been around for a long long time. It is only $7 so give it a whirl and see how you go. I've been using it for 3 weeks and there is still 2/3 of a bottle left so it lasts for ages.

Kristielee - G'day lovely! It is nice to be here where everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Waaaay too many people in the December BB. It is nice to be here with some familiar people and also some new people to get to know and chat too.

Had a TERRIBLE day yesterday fafternoon/last night. Fraser just wouldnt go to sleep from 1pm until 8pm. He just whinged and whinged and whinged and then he got overtired and started crying because he was so tired. I think he is starting to get clingy because as soon as you pick him up he is all smiles. I dont know how to get him out of that so today I'll try not to pick him up unless he really is crying in which case he is probably hungry.

Does anyone else have problems with a vomitty baby? Fraser is putting on heaps of weight so my concern doesnt lie with him not eating enough but after he eats, he vomits up quite a bit of milk. I'm assuming it is just milk his little body doesnt need/cant hold but if he vomits after I put him down, it wakes him up and it is hard to settle him again.

~Belinda~ Guest

Haroula, lovely to hear from you, hope all is going well with Chrissie.

Sazz, hope you are going ok today hun after your trip to hospital yesterday. Thinking of you.

Karen, sending you heaps of labour vibes!

Hawksey, I look forward to our meet up!

Maz, my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope Mat gets well soon, I am thinking of you and always here for you.

Dayl, hi hun! Madeleine has a little vomie sometimes after a feed too - probably excess milk their tummies can't fit in! I am not sure though. Madeleine is a real little guts so is drinking between 120-160mL per feed now!

Well, we are heading out soon to look at some furniture. We are moving into our new place next Thursday so getting some new stuff. We are packing this weekend, oh joy!

Had the best night, Madeleine fed at 9pm and then at 5am! That's 8 hours! Is that normal? I bet it's just a once of thing...I am hoping she cuts out the 2am feed now but I think I'm way too hopeful and we were just lucky last night!

Have a good day everyone.

Love Bindy xo

Oh Bindy, you big show off! An 8-hour sleep??? You gotta be kidding me! We get excited if Fraser sleeps for 4 hours at a time! Fraser only eats between 80-110ml per feed and only sleeps in 2.5 - 3 hours stints. I try to feed him more so he'll sleep longer but then he just vomits up the extra milk and gets cranky. He ate 110ml at 9.30am this morning so I'm hoping he will sleep now for at least 3 hours. Anyway, all jealousy aside, I hope she continues down that track and you get some good nights sleeps!

Okay - I actually had a few posts to catch up on! This thread is going to end up very chatty as the Jan due thread was! LOL

Dayl & Karen- We 3 have something in common already!! Birthdates My girl was born on the 31st Dec 04.

Bindi- I'm pretty sure it was you saying that you had your bub at the Wesley?? Me too! I think you were there a little earlier than I was though. And all us Brissie girls will definately do a meet up in a few mths time when its convenient for us

Talking about babies & sleep I think we deserve a sleepy bubby this time around! Considering our girl who is 3 now was always a shocking sleeper. She would sleep during the day in about 40 min blocks! Sometimes it was 20mins then wake up! And she has always woken through the night-its only recently where she is only waking once a night -WooHoo!! So I'm very much used to broken sleep! LOL.
    Our little boy is a real trooper though & seems to love his sleep And he's not colicky like my girl was either! I remember walking the floor with her pretty much every night with her crying starting early evenings,Arghhhh. But she is a little GEM- Love her!

Maz- Really have been thinking of you lately & your little boy! Sending you all the positive vibes I can muster. Cant imagine what you are going through Hugs to you!

Oh & the very BEst news for last!!

Loren has had her bubby!! Congrats Loren on the arrival of your little boy Bryce Aaron Pritchard born 12.25 PM today!!

WooHoo

Maz: Thanks for the update on poor little Mat. We are all here for you hun

Congratulations Loren & DH on the birth of Bryce! What a gorgeous name.

Well our little man hasn't been sleeping the best. It seems to be getting worse as the nights go on. He sleeps pretty good during the day, but lately at night he just doesn't want to doze off! Last night he woke at midnight then didn't go back to sleep until 6:00am. Has this happened to anyone else? It's like he's a night owl!
    I've been very teary too seeing as I'm over-tired. Hopefully this doesn't go on for too long.

Anyway sorry for my ranting girls...

Hope you are all well

xo

Hindonly - 31st of December must be a popular birthday !! When I was having Fraser, the labour ward was full so a lot of people must be "getting lucky" around Easter. A lot of people say that your second baby is usually the total opposite of your first so it sounds like you deserve a better sleeper this time around!

Apes - Last night, Fraser was awake from 1pm until 8pm where he just wouldnt sleep either. He was wide awake and not even thinking about sleeping. I thought I had it pretty tough but luckily it wasnt at midnight like you though so I'm really feeling for you. It was the first time for Fraser so I'm hoping it is just a one-off and he has slept well today so I hope he sleeps well for you tonight so you can have some well deserved shut eye!

Any more news from Maz???

Hi everyone!

April, yeah, Adeline has a different day/night everyday. Some nights she just will not settle and is awake for hours. I get very teary particularly when havent had any sleep.

My darling DH spent last night on the couch (his choice) with Adeline in her bassinette next to him, so I could get some sleep! When she is sleeping at the moment, its such a light sleep and makes so many grunting, sniffling noises constantly, and I wake at every noise. He brought her into me each time she woke fully and wanted feeding. I feel better today cause I did get some sleep.

I got my hug-a-bub out of its box yesterday and watched the dvd, but just cannot really get it on right yet. She is in it at the moment but it is too loose and I have to support her when I move. I hear they can take some time to get used to- does anyone else have one?
    We have been a little better with the discomfort and restlessness today though.

Forgot to say, Welcome back Jo, Sophie looks gorgeous, glad all is going well.

Look forward to hearing from Mel, Kate too

COngratulations Loren on your birth today!

Mary

Sophie's only had 1 unsettled night so far since we've been home, which i put down to an upset tummy as she'd been building up to her first kaka. She's a dream baby she sleeps really well between feeds, shes cried a little bit but hasnt screamed yet, she has a little bit of a weepy eye but MIL has shown me how to look after it. We have a dr appt tomorrow (for the 7-10days from birth). We've lodge her birth certificate form and the baby bonus form with centrelink so hopefully both wont take too long.

Mary- thanks for the welcome back and looking at the photos , Sophie looks like Chris at this stage which is cute, so far touch wood Sophie is a good baby.

Well i'm going to go have a rest before Sophie wakes for her next feed. Chat soon ladies

Mary - I had loads of nights like that with Cara where I was just so emotional just because I was extremely tired! But as I said before it is early days for all our bubs yet & they still need to work out their night from day Hopefully she'll get better soon! My boy is having the same prob though not to that extent I dont think! He will wake from 7 ish then still be awake til 12ish-which is late for me! But last night it was dif & I managed to get him down at 10.30 so hopefully he's improving...

Hawksey - I had the same problem with waking at every little noise Fraser made so I moved him to his room in his cot within a week of being home and I set the baby monitor to a setting which only picks up his "real" noises like loud sniffles and crying etc. Best thing I ever did because now I get so much more sleep.

Bonham08 - Hi, I'm new here so still getting to know everyone. Fraser had a weepy eye too and I had to drip some breastmilk in it everyday and now it has cleared right up. Everyone kept telling me it was conjunctivitis but the CHN assured me it wasnt. I hope Sophie continues to be an angel for you.

Hindonly - Fraser's eat/sleep patterns are starting to change too. I started him on new formula last week (Nan Gold) so maybe that is the reason. He is sleeping really well at night and for about 2 x 3 hours during the day.

TonyDayl- I'm Jo/Joanne whichever is fine. Yeah my MIL is convinced Sophie has conjunctivitis, but i've just been boiling some water and putting a little salt in it and it seems to be helping it. Thanks i hope Sophie continues to be an angel too.

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi Girls

How are you all?

Well our shopping trip went well yesterday, little Madeleine went to sleep in the stroller, seems like that Steelcraft Strider stroller has suspension! It bounces up and down a bit, a nice rocking action obviously for Bub. Dayl and Haroula, haven't you guys got the Strider too? Do you notice that?

Madeleine slept for 7 hours last night too! OMG, are we just being spoilt or does this mean she has cut out that 2am feed? She fed at 9pm and then 4am...ahhhh bliss. In saying all of this, she WON'T go down in her cot now (I've transferred her to cot now instead of bassinette). She screams!! Big time! So she is currently co-sleeping with me. Does anyone else co-sleep with their little one? There is a thread in here about co-sleeping, so many girls do it but some are against it.

Hindonly, yes! I went to Wesley too! Such a great hospital. I loved the food and being brought your breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner was awesome. The midwives were really lovely there too.

Apes, I hope your little one is sleeping better.

Bonham, I just received the baby bonus today, I lodged it on 8 January! I hope you get yours sooner. Glad your Bub has been sleeping well your little one might have sticky eye, not conjunctivitis...Madeleine had sticky eye for a week and I actually put breastmilk in her eye and it cleared straight up.

Dayl, hope you are going well honey.

Hi to everyone else!
    Last edited by ~Belinda~; January 31st, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Bindy - I LOVE my Strider! I call it my all-terrain 4WD pram. We go through gardens with it and over gravel and bark and Fraser seems to love it. I find it sooo easy to manouvre too although sometimes I find it a bit wide to easily fit through some things. As for co-sleeping, I'm not against it per se but it isnt a track I want to go down. My sister and I were NEVER allowed in Mum and Dads bed even if we were having nightmares or were sick and Mum said she laid down that rule right from the day we got home from hospital. She said that there are just some places where Mummy and Daddy need to be alone (not for dirty reasons, just a time out place). Tony likes the idea of having kids in the bed so I guess it is something we will need to discuss and shortly. Fraser hasnt been in our bed yet though. I've gotta say that I also loved having food bought to me in hospital and no housework and no ringing phones and no needing to pay bills. It was nice to just concentrate on the bubs for a few days without all the other distractions of everyday life.

Jo - I lodged my baby bonus on 2 January and I still dont have it! The problem is I wasnt born in Australia. I was born in NZ and I was only 8 months old when I moved here permanently so I had to go into a Medicare office (with a 4 weeks old baby) and show them my passport which was only done last Saturday so I'm hoping it wont be too far away.

Well, my little boy is still sleeping soundly (it has been 3 hours now) so he must really be spoiling me again today. He slept well yesterday so I thought I was going to be in for a terrible night, but no!

~Belinda~ Guest

The Strider is fantastic Dayl, I agree!!!

As for co-sleeping, it's the only way she'll settle. However, I ordered some reading material from the website "Save Our Sleep" so I've downloaded it today, will have a read of it. It's great that Fraser is sleeping soundly!

Bindy - Well, he just woke for a feed for 15 minutes and he is down again. He drank a whopping 125ml which is HUGE for him so who knows how long he will sleep for now. As much as I love the amount he sleeps, I wish he would sleep for smaller periods during the day and longer periods at night! I dont want to keep him up during the day either because he gets really cranky when he gets tired then he has trouble sleeping so I'm just letting him dictate his own routine for now. Hopefully it will change a little when he starts recognising the difference between night and day. I hope the "Save our Sleep" brochure helps. Can you put her in your bed and wait until she is in a really deep sleep then transfer her? I'm sure you have thought of it but I'm interested to know if it works for you.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast