Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #3

Billy Ocean Guest

Awesome Jen! You did well. Sounds a little like my experience. I'm with you on the epidural - the relief is completely amazing. Mine never ran out though. Or maybe I wasn't there long enough! No temptation to name her after the anesthetist?

I have decided there is nothing nice about labour or childbirth. Nothing AMAZING or SPIRITUAL! It just f*cking kills. Of course, the only good thing is the reward you get at the end. As far as I am concerned, I will never EVER attempt natural childbirth again. I really don't see the point. I admire all of you who've done it naturally but it sure aint for me, that's absolutely for sure!

>>>INSERT CHANTING HERE<<<

E-P-I-D-U-R-A-L! E-P-I-D-U-R-A-L! E-P-I-D-U-R-A-L!

Jess, Billy was like that after a couple of days at home but that was because he was hungry. You sound like you've got heaps of milk so it shouldn't be that. I wish there was some magic remedy for it. You need to try and eat though - it will only make you feel worse. I know it's easy to say, especially when you are there by yourself. Maybe a bath might settle him? Mum took Billy for a walk earlier to settle him though and he came back worse! I think they get over tired too then they are harder to get to sleep. I feel your pain... At least you can take comfort in the fact that we're all going through the same thing at some time or another. I hope he settles down for you.

Billy cracked it before. Just cried every time I put him in his cot. If I held him though, he went to sleep. (he's been like that all day) I feel so bad though because I got frustrated and got mad with him and stuck the dummy in his mouth in a frenzied way. He looked at me with his big sad eyes and made me feel like cr*p. Won't ever do that again. Poor little man. I'm a bad mum...

I want to send out my thank you cards but haven't been able to get them done. What's the time frame on that stuff do you reckon? Will try and do them tomorrow I think - if BTK has a nap or two!

OH, I bought these awesome storage/archive boxes at Officeworks the other day. They had some for girls as well but the boys ones I got are blue () with cars and stuff on them. They look great with all his stuff. 2 for $8!!! Just in case anyone might need some.

Right, I'm going to clean up the mess I've made in the lounge room. My poor parents have totally lost their house! Goodnight everyone. I hope you all get some sleep and all the little ones settle, at least for a few hours.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

Yoo hoo... GOOD MORNING!

How did everyone sleep? Did you sleep?

I am actually with you on labour Kate. The hospital turfed me out as soon as they could because they needed the bed.... They forgot to give me the blue form with the important stuff like head circumfrence, length stuff on it.... not happy. they were more intent on getting me out than giving me all of the necessary info. They tell me a midwife will be visiting me today or tomorrow but I have not had anyone call me. They loaded me up with pamphlets in things. But I feel unprepared.

Amber slept from like 4am til about 930am this morning and I worry that she slept too much.

i am with you's on childbirth too, i went into it thinking, yep, every chick does it, it cant be THAT bad.. BULL$HIT!! i cant beleive i didnt have any pain releif... well i would have if i had time LOL

kate, sometimes Jaylen wont even settle in my arms, its so frustrating! and he doesnt like his dummy very often either... UR NOT a bad mum!

jen, thats crap that they kicked u out of the hospital, my hospital doesnt let mums leave till their milk has come in, and i could have stayed a few more days if i had wanted to, but i had to get out of there LOL.
    i was like that for the 1st few days, worried that Jaylen was sleeping too much, one night in the hospital he slept from like 11.30 till 6 or something, i woke up, looked at the time and jumped up! he was fine tho lol

well Jaylen quite happily sat in his bouncer while i had a shower and washed my hair, then i got out he started crying, so i put the bouncer on my bed, and now hes asleep so hes staying there lol!

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, that's disgusting. All the hospital's are like that now though. I think they should let women stay AT LEAST until their milk comes in and they have bf sorted. For example, Billy wasn't getting any milk from me and how am I meant to know? It's not like I have see through boobs! Sure, they sent a nurse around but what happens in the middle of the night when you have NFI what you're doing? I reckon it's SO bad.

Apparently country hospitals are MUCH better, as Jess said. My friends from work couldn't believe I was kicked out when I was. Actually, the girl in the room with me at the hospy was having HUGE feeding issues and had to beg to stay an extra night. This dr was there and saying "well, you can stay just ONE MORE NIGHT but you MUST BE OUT AT 10am!" Might I add that she sat there until 2pm waiting for someone to check her out before she could leave! No wonder women suffer post natal depression and have psychotic episodes and can't cope! It's a joke!

Now, the Mercy actually sent a "Mercy at Home" nurse to see me the day after I came home, which was good. I'm wondering if yours is taking longer because you are further from the hospital? You should call them. F*ck it. They are there to help you. That's absolutely insane.

I have had so many opinions on sleeping babies; wake them, don't wake them etc. I had to wake Billy to feed him because he was losing weight but my friend says otherwise, let them sleep. That's why you need them to come out and weigh Amber and make sure she's getting enough food and not losing weight. I know Billy got sleepy when he wasn't getting enough food. I'm no expert though.

Now I'm really f*cking angry with your hospital for leaving you to cope alone like that. What a joke. I'd definitely call them or I'll go in there and cause some trouble!

Jess, Billy will cry as soon as I sit at the computer, go to the toilet etc. It's like he knows! At least you got your hair washed. My Mum wants to know if someone is getting meals for you - she's worried!

Made my thank you card things. Well, have all the bits, just gotta stick them together now. I printed out this photo I took yesterday while I was feeding Billy - of our hands. We have the same, long fingers. I'm hoping he'll play the guitar!

Billy and Mummy's hands...

Hmmm... need food!

The more I think about it the more I feel the hospital was inadequate.
    We were booked into the FBC of our hospital. We could not deliver in there because they had wound down to a skeleton staff (The RWH is relocating and will not have a FBC at the new hospital) When I was having contractions in the waiting room of the CTG department, there was NO place for me to go as there were no beds.
    My 2 days of recovery was spent in an oncology ward as there were no beds in the maternity wards. There were 6 ladies moved there. Being an oncology ward there were not the right maternity stuff there... Even down to those big pads. Lucky I had a bulk supply myself.
    We were discharged a day early. I was happy to come home though. But I felt they rushed through all of the processes with me.
    The thing I am most annoyed about is me not getting that blue form. How do I know the head circumference of my babies head? How do I know the results of the tests the doc did for discharge like the hip displacement? How will my maternal health nurse know that either?
    And who from the hospital is coming to see me? When are they coming? How do I know if Amber is doing well or not. I dont want these worries..... Plus I dont know who to call about this.

Enough *****ing from me. No use getting angry over something which I cannot change now.

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick one to say Hi! It's great to hear all your bubbies are going well. Hope the b/f issues sort themselves out for you all. I've got Bodie on formula, had lots of troubles trying to b/f, but we are both happy with formula so it's all good.

Loved reading all your birth stories. I still get shivers about Bodie's birth when I think or talk to someone about it. I think it'll be like that for a while. I can still remember what the contractions feel like! hehe

Jo: Congratulations!!! DF & I get married on the 26th April so it's not long now! It's so exciting organising it all, I picked up my wedding ring yesterday and got my dress altered, can't wait!

Anyways better go feed my lil man.

Take care everyone and hope ya'll get some sleep.... hehe we wish!

April & Bodie xo

lol aww bout ur mum kate i have got lots of meals to just chuck in the microwave lol !!
    cute pic, me and Jaylen have long fingers too!

yer thats is soooo $hit about ur hospital jen, i would be pi$$ed off, like kate said, no wonder people have trouble with feeding and get post natel depression!

ok gotta go Jaylens crying!

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, that is SO bad. I can't believe it and no, you shouldn't have those worries.

Can you get your DP onto someone tomorrow and get them to send that information out to you ASAP? They should also fax a copy to the nurse who comes out from the council. I would insist. That is just disgusting. Your whole experience is absolutely terrible in fact. Not even being in the maternity ward. I am stunned. I would be having a breakdown by now. I would definitely get your DP to get onto the hospital first thing in the morning - especially if you're having troubles settling Amber. At least get someone out to see you and someone to send that info out. I realise you can't change what happened but those two things are important. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Billy and I like driving in the Billy Cart in the first half of the day (well, I love it as it puts him to sleep) so if I can pick anything up from the RWH for you or drop anything off, just let me know. I am heading out your way on Tuesday or Wednesday anyway to see my friend's new tattoo shop. Please, just let me know.

As much as I hate how the hospitals here throw you out so quickly, the Mercy has been wonderful. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Their after care has been great - even doing extra visits to check on Billy after his weight loss. I know we are only 10 minutes from them so perhaps that makes a difference too.

Hi April!!! Glad you guys are doing well.

OK, what's the deal with their sleeping and awake time? Is Billy meant to be awake for a whole 4 hours between feeds - if he wants to? Should he sleep most of the time? Where is the instruction manual?

Jess, I will assure Mum that you are not going to starve. I swear she was about to jump in the car and come down there. I told her your mummy is looking after you!

Well, I hope you girls get some sleep. Where is Jo??? Mary, how is Sammy??? I'm off to bed.

Love to all.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

ps. am I going insane or has the "quick reply" section gone from the bottom of the thread?

i know kate where had the quick reply gone!

well mum and her partner came over b4 and brought me pizza!! how nice of them!
    Jaylens been pretty good 2day... prob means we will have a bad night lol..

oh gotta go again hes crying LOL !!

night girls!

Billy Ocean Guest

Oh good. I thought I'd lost my mind - more! pmsl

Hope you get some sleep Jess!!! Yay for the pizza.

Night.

x

the quick reply not being there is annoying lol...

didnt get much sleep last night, Jaylen woke up about 4 times to feed and was sleeping noisily in between LOL! was going to go back to sleep after the last feed but got the nurse coming... dammit why do they have to come early lol... so just fed him on one side, and hopefully after the nurse has gone i will feed him on the other side and he will go to sleep buttt i doubt it cuz hes sleeping now!

omg, i was changing him b4 and he started weeing, thats ok, just held the nappy over it, but then omg, he did a massive projectile poo!! shot all over the bed and all over me lol YUK! was quite funny tho

got these little peter rabbit pants, put them on him, thinking i better put them on cuz they wont fit for much longer (they're 0000) and they are too big!!! WTF! he weighed 9lbs why are 0000 too big hehe... not that im complaining, have so much 0000 stuff!

hmm well i spose i better go do something productive till the nurse comes...
    OMG mum and her partner are coming to cut down the tree in front of my window 2day, YAY no more noise hehe

xx

Morning girls, hope we all had a good weekend!

Jen, Its not good that you had such a bad experience with the hospital. How frustrating to have been labouring in a waiting room. :hugs: and to be sent home feeling unprepared just sucks. There is no love in the system, is there. i hop you can sort out the midwife visits and start to feel a little better about things.

Kate, Sammy is doing well. She coughed up these little puddles of clear liqud and vomited for 2 days, then coughed for another few! She is still on antibiotics but we dont think she needs any more cough mixture which is great cause itwas a mission to get thatin her mouth!

The domiciliary midwife is coming today.... Because I was put in an oncology ward for my stay, the referral was not faxed over to her. Luck I rang.

PMSL at myself when i didnt see the 'quick reply' i thought f*** how am i suppose to reply to the lovely ladies............and then i realised there was a 'post reply' button god im a goose.

Ok i've been MIA because Chris decided we NEEDED an external hard-drive that networks the desktop & laptop so i had go without all internet yesterday while he fart-a$rsed about doing that and i was having MAJOR withdrawals from BB but i did manage to have 2 naps before Chris woke me up to tell me he was hungry and that it would be a good idea if i started to cook his dinner, not happy jan and i went off at him 1 for waking me and 2 because i HAD to cook his dinner he could have started preparing dinner and then all i had to do was keep an eye on it, it was 7.30pm so we didnt eat until about 8.15pm.

Jess- Thats good that your mum says call her any time thats what mums are for, but good to hear your coping well. Lovely birth story, glad that you didnt have to wait too long to meet your little man i reckon he thought you'd waited long enough haha.

Nik- good to see you pop your head in. Thankyou for the congratulations, most appreciated. Good to hear that Amy is doing well & has become a little piglet.

Mary- Thankyou. Yeah Chris hasnt ever been overly romantic, but hes very australian in the way he does things. PMSL at your sister's proposal. I thought i had dropped enough hints that the proposal had to right but i think i'd annoyed him by taking the mickey. Glad that Sammy seems to be doing better.

Jen- GREAT birth story, you did so well. Did you get your primas & pancakes

April- thankyou for the congratulations most appreciated. Good to hear little Bodie is doing well. Nice one on picking up your ring & getting your dress altered, not long at all. My parents wedding anniversary is April 24th.

For those who are using bottles to either feed bubs with EBM or formula are you changing the teats as they recommend?, like say i'm using the AVENT bottles and the '1's' are for newborn and the '2's' are for from 1 month???????.

LOL jo i thought that as well! i thought the thread was closed or something!
    yer i think i waited long enough so he decided to come out quick!

jen, glad the nurse is coming to see you, i stil think it was rude how u were treated, u should tell her i think !

well mum and her dp came and cut the tree down, and cleaned up all out the front!! looks lovely but i duno how they did it, its like 36 degrees outside! going out there for tea and have to go to the chemist to get breast pads and lanosoh or whatever its called... ahh dont wanna go out in the heat, Jaylens going to be so hot! might go to best and less while im at the shopping centre and get some muslin wraps, all the blanket things i have are warm ones

well i better go i spose! yuk yuk yuk weather

Jo: On the bottles and teets, yes Bodie was on the Avent '1' teets but now i've put him onto the '2' teets now. It will tell you on the side of the box what age etc.
    I'm also using Tommee tippee bottles & teets, they are good too.

Is anyone having trouble getting ready in the mornings and having there bubs practically screaming because they want to be picked up? I've been putting Bodie next to the TV in his rocker when I'm in the shower, he sits there quiet for about 10 mins then starts crying from then on! It drives me nuts! Most of the time I can't even make my lunch without him wanting to be picked up. I must be spoiling him too much. ??

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast