Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #3

HEHE, I was reading in a magazine the things that people didnt realise before they had a baby and one was "I should have appreciated BF poos while they lasted" I had a chuckle at that one. Yeah, I know what my own are like and I'm not looking forward to cleaning up foody type ones. Lucky that is some months off yet. lol.

I jinxed myself yesterday!!! Celeste was feeding so heartily that she had MAJOR wind/colic all last evening. I ended up calling the healthline for advice on how to help.... I was at my wits end as she was in agony and nothing was working. She hasnt been that bad for a week or more. I ended up giving her a half dose of panadol to take the pain away and relax her. She was that tense and that was stopping the gas passing through. I feel kinda bad that I gave her drugs at only 5weeks of age but it sure helped. I had already given her a warm lavender bath and massaged her belly for ages plus done the bicycle thing with her legs etc. It worked in about 10mins and then she had a send off feed and slept for like nearly 7hours which she really needed.

Gotta go, more visitors grrrrr..

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm so jealous of all you ladies who have received your first smile! Everyone keeps telling me that I need to go by Amy's adjusted age for milestones because she was premmie so I shouldn't worry if she is a bit behind all the other bubs. She stares straight at me now though and is starting to lift her head quite a bit during tummy time. I don't think it will be long before I get the long awaited smile. She's stopped sucking like crazy on my left boob now so I have a feeling it's starting to give up on the milk supply too but I've dealt with it now and we'll just take it as it comes. At least I can say I've given her breast milk for as long as possible.
    Mark's been pretty sick this past week and hasn't been able to hold her which has been absolute torture for him. He's getting better now so tonight she's going to be able to cuddle with daddy which will be a treat.
    I know what you mean about poos being smelly. Even just a bit of formula makes them stink!
    Well, I better go. My little angel is due for a feed any minute. Chat soon lovely ladies and bubs xx Nik and Amy

Well my girl has not slept for more than about 20 minutes today. She is SO tired and we dont know what we can do to settle her.
    We had visitors here from 2pm til about 7pm with 2 loud kids. We have decided to top her up tonight with formula so hopefully she can sleep. I am so worried that she has not had any sleep today. If she wont sleep I will call the maternal health line... and she has not pood since this morning.

My poor girl

~Belinda~ Guest

Jenjams, good luck on settling your little one tonight

jen good luck 2night! if she doesnt settle i would ring the nurse!
    i wouldnt worry about the poo's, midwives told me that some babies goes 2 or 3 days without pooing when their newborns and if it happened not to worry! she's weeing yer!? does she fall asleep on ur chest after a feed? if so let her do that and just walk around rocking her for about 20 mins and then carefully put her down, see if that works lol...

well jaylens asleep i think so i might go to bed now too... im getting way more sleep than i thought i would get, its great! prob getting about 6-7 hours a night!

~Belinda~ Guest

Wow Jess, you are very lucky! I hope he keeps that up for you!

Well after not sleeping all day yesterday, I ended up calling the maternal health nurse. She has been feeding fine, she does not cry too much (unless we put her down) she looked tired, just every time we put her down she would stay quiet for 10 minutes then wake up and cry. The nurse said we should take her into the hospital and get her checked over. We bathed her and I fed her and we put her to bed... She slept from 10 til 7. She was so tired from yesterday that the poor thing slept all night. I dont want her in that habit. My main problem is she is sleepy during the day, we put her down and she is asleep. She will wake herself up 10 minutes later and then be totally awake.....

time for a new thread everyone

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789