Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #3

Hang in there Jen! It will get easier There will be some tears of frustration but there will be alot of smiles too!

Afternoon everyone

Hope all is well in your worlds, getting enough food, sleep and time out!

Jess I second what the other girls said, sometimes it seems that what I eat gives Addy discomfort later. I think rich tomato dishes and garlic- she was really grizzly after pizza!! and spaghetti bolognese
    You make up your own mind about how you are gonna raise Jaylen, hun. Lots of people will give advice and there is the 'demand feeding' camp and the 'rigid routine' camp. read as much as you can, and whatver works for you and jaylen will be right. I go with the flow with Addy, feed her when she cries etc.

Jen, again, I second that you cant overfeed! I think all the babies on here are going through clingy times and just want mum. My poor DH could not settle her last night, and I could see him getting frustrated cause as soon as he gave her to me she quietened down! Maybe she is doing some comfort sucking too. Thats why some mums resort to the dummy?! I bought one today, might try it on evenings when I cannot feed enough and my BBs are getting sore!

kate, good one on the photos. I printed 117 photos last weeks and are doing a (very bad job) scrapbook at the moment!

Nik, that swelling would be a little nervewracking. Hope it calms down soon.

Well, I tried Addy on her first bootle of EBM last night. 30ml- drunk straight down! was amazed- she had no hesitation to go back on the boob afterwards either.
    Now I am off to a mothers group this afternoon, near to home. Should be interesting, not sure if there are any 'babies' Addys age or not. cant hurt to check it out.
    Speaking of meeting- Bris girls are you ready for a meeting?? Maybe end of next week? I can drive wherever!

Hey - Can someone tell me how you get bubs pic in the sig??

I think this is all the Brisbane girls-

Me-Geebung
    Jo-Tanah Merah
    Carol-Centenary Suburbs
    Dayl-North Lakes
    Bindy-Albany Creek
    Mrsr-Greenslopes
    Tascha-Glasshouse mountains
    Loren-Montville
    Nik-GoldCoast!
    Karen-SOmewhere

Thats a lot of distance between- 2 hours + between Montville and GoldCoast!!
    Oh well. If anyone interested in meeting let me know!

Kate- never heard of the song before, will look on Limewire later and have a listen.

Mary- my family go home on Feb 23rd so anytime after that i'd be right for a meet up, Chris is on night shift for a week and goes back to day shift next thursday so he'd be able to drop me off wherever otherwise i'll be using public transport.

Carol- when you were choosing your ticker did it gve you the option to add a photo?, i know that the ticker factory i used gave me the options.

Nik- yeah i bought some '2' avent teats and have started using them already as Sophie seemed to be sucking the life out of the '1's'.

Ladies after reading your stories of troubles getting bubs to settle and struggling to have time to get ready, eat & shower i feel so bad that Sophie sleeps between feeds lets me eat & shower and she loves her bouncer & pram. Chris bought Sophie avent dummies and she loves them and we use them to settle her and when shes had enough of it she spits the dummy
    Has anyone elses bubs already trying to roll from their tummies to their backs?, because we gave Sophie some tummy time last night on her activity gym and she pretty much went from her tummy to her back but she rolled against the arm of the activity gym.

lol mary thats funny cuz last nyt i had spag bog and the night b4 i had pizza LOL...

ahh its so hot...

put some new pics of Jaylen on my site if ya's wanna have a look, he was being a bit of a show off for the camera hehe...

WHY are they so good in the daytime lol, hes been feeding about every 2-3 hours and just sleeping in his bouncer in between! minute tea time hits he will be unsettled till about 11 or something!? very weird

Lucky for you Jess. Amber has had a couple of 20 min sleeps today...I feel a bad night coming on.

aww jen hopefully since she hasnt slept much 2day she might sleep 2night?!
    hmm i would rather Jaylen be unsettled in the daytime than at night!
    havent had a sleep 2day cuz its too damn hot, lay on the couch b4 but just couldnt sleep, ahh i hate the heat

Hey everyone.
    Sorry that I havent touched base in a while. Joshua is just a little time consuming. Having trouble breastfeeding so he's less settled at times. ANYWAY.

BRISBANE YUMMY MUMMIES!! I would love to have a get-together!! Any excuse to get out of the house with Joshua is a welcome here!!

gotta go
    Joshua is wanting boobies again.

My girl must be overtired right now. She has only settled in DP or my arms for no longer that half an hour today. She seems to want to suck on me all of the time. Not necessarily drinking.

Not a good day here.

She is crying again. Will go and try and make her happy

Billy Ocean Guest

Hey lovelies,

Nik, how was your appointment??? Also, I'm using NAN HA1 now - awesome. Less wind, no more constipation, no more congested sounds at night. Thank goodness! Give it a go maybe.

Jen and Jess - tears are good. I reckon anyway. I think today is the first day I haven't felt a bit teary at one stage or another. I think I was just too busy trying to keep BTK cool and finish off my thank you notes. He's nearly a month old - I can't believe it. I remember how hard it was at the start (even though this is only the start but you know what I mean) and already it's heaps better. You girls are doing a great job and Jen, you are very lucky to have Ben.

Mary, good one on getting your pics printed. How was the mother's group? I'm sort forward to mine (next Wednesday) but a bit worried. The area where I'm living now is a bit posh and I think I'll probably be the only single mum there. That's ok though I guess. I was worried about that at the classes too and they turned out nice.

Jo, are you doing tummy time every day? I've been a bit slack. I don't want to put him on his tummy just after a feed and then when I change him it's usually before a feed when he's going nuts for food. When do you do it?

Jess, awesome pics! He's changed heaps already I reckon. They do so quickly. I can't believe it! Oh and yes, it's f*cking hot!

Tascha - HELLO!

Hmmm... not much going on here. BTK hasn't had much sleep today. Too hot. Been giving him water in between feeds. They said to if he's mostly on formula. He didn't like it much but drank some anyway.

Back soon.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, I had one of the nurses from the hospy here today to pick up some books I got her from work. Anyway, she was saying how unsettled they are when it's hot. Amber's probably more unsettled than BTK even as she's younger. Do you think she's hungry? BTK was falling asleep on my bb's before I realised he wasn't getting enough. Just thinking out loud...

Kate- we've only done tummy time the last two days before her evening feed as i got her activity gym out of her room and brought it down to the loungroom. And we've put her on her tummy for as long as shes happy to be which is usually about 30-45mins.

Brisvegas ladies where could be a place to meet up a shopping centre, someones house, a park??.

Billy Ocean Guest

Thanks Jo. Really that long? OMG, BTK screams his guts out when I put him on his tummy. Do you put her arms down by her side or kind of like she's going to do push ups? I hate doing things to him that he hates...

I can't keep my eyes open. Next feed at 11pm. I reckon I can nap between now and then.

Good sleep to all.

x

Jo - I think someones house would be nice! Its personal & there will be comfy places for the mums & bubs to sit, chat etc. And all amenities,lol.

Jen- Sorry to hear you haven't had a good day of it & are dreading night time! Reminds me of my DD when she was a bub. Boy I had nights of utter frustration of getting her to sleep in my arms & placing her into her cot & then she wakes up!!! Arghhhhhh. When you do that a few times it makes you cry. That & the tiredness on top. Hope she pleasantly surprises you tonight though & gives you an easy day tomorrow

Kate - thanks for the pic advice, I'll go back into the ticker w/shop & have a peep!

hi everyone!
    It has taken me ages to catch up on this new thread. Sorry for no personals but a bit time poor here... one handed typing too.

I totallt understand about the tears ladies. I think there were only 2 days in the first 2 weeks that I didnt cry! But it does get better!!! I can hardly believe it now that Celeste is a month old,(today) how different everything feels. I am so much more confident and we have worked each other out a bit better now. Sure, she still screams the house down at least a few times a day with bad wind/colic but I am learning to deal with that without a nervous breakdown now. And it has taken me a long time too to think about the birth without crying. I felt a bit ripped off that I didnt get to deliver vaginally and found it hard listening to a woman we went to classes with, labouring inthe next room on my day3, but mostly I was quite traumatised by the emergency of our delivery and that we could have lost her. Anyhow, it is in the past and she is with us and perfectly healthy. I am totally thankful for that!!!

Jess, I have been thinking about Jaylen and his crying. I dont know if this will apply to you at all. I might be totally wrong but it sounds a bit like Celeste was at about week 3... her feed technique improved heaps and my milk increased by A LOT so that when she fed she just got the foremilk. Then she got full so didnt get the hindmilk. That isnt as filling and so she wanted more an hour later. I was careful to always swap sides each time. But that stimulation all the time caused the milk to increase more so that she only got foremilk all the time. Apparently that makes them really windy cause it is much sugarier so she was hungry cause she wasnt getting the filling hind milk but she was too windy to feed properly. Vicious cycle. Is Jaylen windy? does he have really frothy poos? (Hehe, thinking about the one on the bed) Just a thought that might help you. To fix the problem, if she wanted to go back on I kept putting her on the same side again (like if it was only 1/2hour or something) so that she eventually drained that side totally before I gave her the other side. That way she got the hind milk and also the milk production settled down to a managable level. Anyhow, I'm no expert but just thought you might think about that.

Going to a morning tea thingy tomorrow at the hospital for new mums. A bit educational but mostly just social. I am quite looking forward to it.

Celeste has to be weighed weekly at the CYH nurse cause she is still small and not gaining heaps. She gained 160g in 9days last time. Apparently it is to do with the feeding stuff mentioned above. Im looking forward to thursday when she gets weighed again cause it will have been a whole week of the new feeding plan. She looks so different now Im sure she is fatter. She is totally a different baby than a month ago. It is amazing how quickly they develop!!! She now smiles and 'talks' and has the beginning of a giggle when she plays or I read to her. I swear sometimes when I pick her up from a sleep that she has changed in the time since I put her down!!!

Hope everyone gets a good night tonight. Celeste generally has a yucky demanding evening then a really good night (sleep 4 - 6 hours). If she has a long sleep I am then up for about an hour and a half but if it has been a short sleep she might only keep me up for 45mins. Not sure what tonight will be, as she has had a mixed up evening.... will find out soon!
    good night!

Billy Ocean Guest

Morning lovelies!

I hope you girls got some sleep and the little ones settled for you. We're heading out for the day so just wanted to share something with you before I left...

Billy just spewed in his cot but it must've been a projectile one because it was on the floor. When I went to check on him, Ocean came (of course, because nobody can go near him without her) and ate it all up off the floor! PMSL!!! Gotta love it.

Sorry if that made anyone sick - I was just hoping to make you laugh!

Back later.

x

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast