Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #4

~Belinda~ Guest

Joanne, the temp yesterday was crazy wasn't it! It hit 40 degrees where we are. We were in pool a bit yesterday and had the aircon on inside! Today wasn't too bad but still hot, let's hope the heat doesn't stay...

Hope everyone is having a good night. Everytime I sneeze, poor Madeleine jumps and will let out a huge cry, it gives her a real shock sometimes. She'll be fast asleep in her bouncer too at times and just wakes for a huge cry and then goes straight back to sleep, maybe she's dreaming!!

Waiting..waiting for Madeleine to wake for a night feed. She fed at 5pm so still waiting. She has the night feed normally and sleeps right through until 4am lately. I'm glad she's finally taken to her cot but of course when she wakes at 4am, she won't go back in but would much rather co-sleep with Mummy...

jen - yer jaylen likes noise as well, always sleeps when the tv is on, and last friday i went out to the pub across from mums house, (its a pretty quite country kinda pub lol) and it was quite busy and noisy and he slept all the way through it!

bindy - lol jaylen does that too, will be asleep and then cry for like 30 secs and goes straight back to sleep!? very weird lol... and OMG he did the funniest noise in his sleep yesterday, i had to leave the room so i could laugh !! it was like a real girly, wooooo wo wo wooo! kinda like a ghost noise?! god it was hilarious!

well hes been awake since about 5-6 and just had a feed and hes asleep now again yay

Amber fell asleep straight after her bath and feed last night at 8. She slept to 1230 then woke. I fed her, tried burping her and settling her without much luck. I am having trouble getting her wind up and I know she is getting it because her face will screw up and she will be all fidgety. Ben ended up getting up at 2 and settling her. She cried a couple of times but Ben settled her again. She woke at 6, I fed her and had the same problem with wind. We finally got her down at 8. She slept for a bit, cried then Ben gave her the dummy which settled her for a little while. She will probably wake for a feed soon.
    Being young we cannot giver her wind stuff yet. How are others finding getting the wind up and are there any tricks to doing it? She will burp every now and then over my shoulder and I get the occassional spew on my lap but I dont get the constant burp...

That temp would be horrible for the QLD girls. I am only dressing Amber in a singlet and nappy but we have her in 2 stretchy cotton wraps. When we unwrap her, she is warm so she isnt getting cold.

With the poo. I think Amber is back to the yellow seeds....

We are going to attempt another go in the stroller today. The first time she was quite for a bit then screamed all of the way home. The second time was the same and I ended up carrying her halfway home. Lets hope she gets used to it too.

to burp jaylen i put him on my chest and rub his back up and down or pat it,he usually burps but not always, he screws up his face and get fidgety too lol... also to help them fart, bring their knees up to their chest, sometimes works lol

hmm im sick of being in the house, would go out but not as if theres anything to do, DAMN broke STUPID centrelink haha

s361768 Guest

Hi Everyone,

moving babies legs in bicycle motions is good for helping ease wind. I used to do this with my first and sing 'knees up mother brown' to him - he liked this.
    Also walking around with them with their tummy across your arm and patting them on the back is another way to bring up wind.

Jess - Centrelink generally pay the baby bonus between the 2-3 week mark after you submit your BB forms. I hope you get it soon.

I had to buy another rocker yesterday, as our old one is at nanna's house... would have been good if I had recieved the BB already to help pay for this and other essential things...yes a rocker is essential when you just need a break and all you can bare is rocking baby with one foot!!!

Anyway BB is meant to be paid into bank tomorrow yay!!!

Morning!

Hope everyone had a reasonable weekend. Jen sounds like Amber slept better over the weekend. I still think its sounds pretty normal with her. Frustrating but normal. You mentioned you have her in 2 wraps- any chance she is getting too hot? She is a good size, we only have Addy in one wrap (cotton muslin) cause it ends up being heaps of layers over her. When she sleeps in airconditioning then we put a second wrap over her in one layer to tuck her into the bassinette. It has been pretty warm. Just a thought anyway.

My girl keeps dropping off then waking herself up this morning, might be in for a restless day.

I have used the infacol drops on a couple of occasions, think they work a little- wouldnt say its a miraculous cure or anything. Might get infants friends to try.

Addy fed so much over the weekend. It is either the 6 week growth spurt or beacuse it was 40 degrees saturday and almost as bad sunday. they are supposed to drink more when its so hot.

WIll try to check in later.
    Mary

Jess, I just re-read your post about being sick of the house! I have been here this morning going- what can I do that doesnt involve going to the shops!!!
    Got noone to meet up with, and anyway, Addy gets restless in her pram and doesnt sleep properly in the shops. Or walking at the park- screamed the whole way round last week. I waited till she had woken from a big sleep, full feed, burped, changed then walked to the park. But cried anyway! Havent tried exercising since!
    She is asleep on me in the sling now. Gave up on the bassinette.
    Hmm, what should I look up on the computer.....

Oh forgot to say I bought these great paintings on ebay for her nursery, bright colours- one angel print and a mother and baby bird painting, and a set of 3 small heart and bird ones. Really cool. Now I need to take down the blinds- I dont want the unsafe cord things that run all alond the bottom- right at the level of the cot- and replace with curtains that match the pictures.

Bindy- The weather in QLD is stupid honestly!, we didnt have a hot January (where we are in Tanah Merah) BUT the last week of February its getting over 35degrees 2 consecutive days. Sophie sometimes had a cry in her sleep and then shes fine, she also sneezes in her sleep and scares herself and she pulls faces like shes about to cry but then doesnt shes a cutie.

Jess- Oh sweet i hope centrelink pay you soon, if i didnt have Chris i would be lost honestly. Sophie loves noise also, Chris has been watching the 'House' tv series ALL weekend and he has industrial deafness so the tv was up louder than i'd have it and she slept. Sophie was even looking at the tv when the cricket was on so i think i've got her hooked to sports already, BRING ON footy season!!. I'm sick of the house i've got house work to do and its too [email protected] humid to go out and would you believe its suppose to be 27degrees today (23.5atm), the humidity is 98% and its raining!! i tell you QLD weather is the most $tupid weather i've ever experienced.

Jen- to burp sophie i either put her on my shoulder and pat/rub her back or i sit her on my lap and pat/rub her back. When mum was here and she had bad wind mum walked around with Sophie laying across her arm and rubbed/patted her back and when she'd start squirming & crying mum would change positions she also said to try pushing the wind up or down as i could feel Sophie's little belly was hard and that helped. Just try different positions and see what works for you, maybe get some Infants friend and see how you go with that.

Mary- My weekend was good Sophie had extra feeds over the weekend but i'm not sure whether to out it down to her 4 weeks growth spurt or the heat either maybe it was a bit of both. Both Saturday & Sunday she was feeding every 2hrs. Sophies wrapped in a cotton wrap when shes downstairs in her bouncer and when we go to bed shes still wrapped in the cotton wrap but has another wrap over the top of her thats tucked into her bassinette. So far we havent had to use anything to help Sophie with her wind, but might have to get some as mum isnt here to help when she does have bad wind and Chris usually tries for 5minutes and then says she doesnt have wind she wants to play i tell you what screaming baby wants to play.

Karen- i usually move Sophie's legs in a bicycle motion when i'm changing her to keep her occupied as sometimes she can be a little fidgety, plus its good to exercise her legs.

QUESTION: Does anyone know what a red pimpley rash on Sophies face might be, it doesnt seem to bother her its more bothering me. I think it might be just a heat rash, and i've read somewhere that if i've been eating chocolate it can go through my milk and give her a rash also. Opinions are welcome.

Well Sophie was due at 11.30 (qld time) but is still snoozing shes been asleep since 7.15am. So i'll go and have something to eat as im hungry and will be back after i've fed DD.

mary - haha yer theres nothing to do! i would go to the shops cuz jaylen loves going on outings but i would wanna buy stuff and i have no money hehe!
    hmm jaylens asleep too, prob bout due for a feed!

jo - omg i swear jaylen watches tv too, he sat in my lap and just stared at the tv when i was watchin the v8 supercars yesterday, YES get him into it hah!
    yer centrelink better pay me soon, i get like $400 on friday but no idea when the baby bonus and the other family payment thing comes thro... few weeks by the sounds of it!
    omg what stupid weather, so glad its cool down here now...
    jaylen had them pimpley things, midwives said they are called milk pimples, its normal for babies to get em!

took new pics of jaylen havin a bath this morn, they are on my site, omg he looks so cute haha! he doesnt mind his baths now

Great pics Jess!

Jo, this is really weird weather. Its raining here too, but I put the aircon on cause Addy and I get really hot with the huga abub sling on. She is still asleep on me.
    I have spent the last hour reading articles on the bb site!

FOund a link to infantmassage- sent an email off to ask about infant massage courses here in Brissy. Would be good to learn.

I want quick reply back

Jess- I would have watched the v8 supercars but Chris is OBSESSED with the House tv show dvds atm. Who won yesterday?. Sophie looks at whatever is on the tv and she even goes to sleep "watching" tv sometimes. Very stupid weather. Sophie had white milk pimples in the first 3 weeks and now she has this red pimpley red rash. Cute pictures. Hopefully centrelink get you your money soon.

Mary- I've had to put the aircon on several times today already even at 2am when we got up for a feed can you believe. So much for QLD being the sunny paradise the tv ads say it is. Other than attending to Sophie i've been browsing BB too i should have some lunch.

Unfortunately I cannot give anything to Amber for wind yet as she needs to be 4 weeks old at least. Will have to try and persevere with what I can for now.

Jess- Great pics. Amber is getting used to her bath a bit more now. We have the fisher price aquarium one with the newborn hammock. We have taken the hammock off as she prefers being dunked.

Mary- We have her in 2 wraps and only have her in a singlet and nappy at the most. It has been cooler here in Melb. I guess if she was too hot she would grizzle wouldnt she?

OMG- She just had a 2 1/2 -3 hour sleep, woke for a feed and has gone back down again. We have found one particular dummy she loves and it settles her. Touch wood she will be down for a bit more today.
    However I just checked her and she spat her dummy out and is all fidgety again. I jinxed myself.
    I still couldnt get up any decent wind up.
    I feel for you girls in the heat. It would be hard to settle your babies.

jo - jamie whincup won (damn ford drivers haa) and there were quite a few crashes, ashley cooper is in hospital on life support, n 2 others had a crash! and the utes had a big crash too with another guy in intensive care! i dont think adelaides a very safe track LOL

jen - sounds like amber is settling a bit more! im so glad we havent got hot humid weather too.. i just fed jaylen b4 and he didnt burp or anything... he was winging a bit but he seems ok now...

OMG im going insane im so bored! was going to go for a walk but i dont wanna get tired in case he doesnt settle 2night or something LOL

Hi ladies,

Amy has fed every two hours for since 4.30 this morning. How can so much food fit into such a little person....oh that's right, she's pooing every two hours too! Hehehe. She seems to get bad wind too but I do get burps out of her every now and then. Before she poos she squirms and sometimes has a little whinge. It makes me worry she's constipated but when it comes out it's runny so she just musn't like the feeling of her bowels moving. Poor little thing.

Now, may I vent a bit? I'm starting to wish I hadn't tried so hard for this breast feeding thing because Mark is putting so much pressure on me. I'm thinking that I might try to make it to 3 months doing the whole breast then top up thing and then wean. When I said that to him today he made me feel guilty. He keeps saying even if there's only a little bit of milk in there we should be making sure Amy is getting it, but seriously it's taking forever to feed her and I don't think I can do it long term. I only gave her a bottle last night at one feed to see the time difference between both and it takes half an hour less if I only feed her formula. She's starting to take bigger and bigger top ups too so it's not as if my milk supply is increasing. Men just don't understand even a little bit how difficult it can be to breast feed and the pressure you feel to perform. I don't know what to do because everyone would just say "talk to him about it" but I've been so emotional lately that I think he would just get frustrated with me because I've tried so hard to get here and he doesn't understand why I want to give it up. I'm sorry to vent all this here but I just don't know what to do. Maybe I can talk to Mark's mum (who's a midwife) and she can hint to him or something that maybe she thinks I should think about weaning......It's not as if this is a big deal in the whole scheme of things but it's making me really unhappy and I just want things to be as normal as possible so we can enjoy Amy rather than feeding continuing to be such an issue!!! He keeps saying that I should eat more but I just don't feel like it! I've never had a huge appetite and things haven't changed. I feel like he's always watching me!Ahhhhhhh!!!

Sorry for the vent ladies. I just really needed to get this off my chest to some women who are actually at the same stage of motherhood as me! I feel like I have no one to talk to about it because no one truly understands even if they try to!

Well, after all that, I'm going to go because I've overdone it properly. Thanks ladies for listening xx Luv Nik and Amy

Jess - I love Jaylen's bath pics. So gorgeous. He's a very handsome little boy :-)

nik - aw u poor thing, dont worry, u can vent here, thats what we're here 4!!! i know theres sooo much pressure for woman to breastfeed! its not as easy as everyone thinks! yer maybe talk to his mum? my mum would be putting pressure on me if it wasnt going so well, cuz she breastfed me and it was very easy for her, and she breastfed me till i was like 3 lol AND she didnt get sore or anything.. and she always says to me she doesnt know why ANYONE gives their babies formula... somehow i dont think i will ever be able to get jaylen off the boob without a lecture from her.. i dont know how long i will wanna breastfeed for, even though its going well its still hard? like i have to watch what eat, cant have a drink every now and then, nipples stick out all the time and rub on my bra (well the breastpads lol) and hurt.. hurts most time when he latches on for a few seconds ect ect ect... guys and people who havent had trouble wouldnt understand!
    thanks bout the pics!! lol he does look pretty cute in the bath

Nik- Vent away. It may make you feel better to get it off your chest. You have done everything possible to breastfeed successfully. Breastfeeding is not for everyone and as Jess says it is HARD. You have the initial sore nipples when you are trying to work out how it all works. Then you leak everywhere, even through the breast pads. And then the first few sucks makes you want to cry. Some people would have given up a lot earlier than you. I say talk to Marks mum. She would know what you would have done to keep up your supply. Plus I am sure Mark would rather a happy wife and DD as opposed to sad ones. There is nothing wrong with formula and you have exhausted every angle. Plus wouldnt Mark giving Amy a bottle give him pleasure?

Jess- How is your leakage going? If Amber goes 3 hours or more without a feed, I am leaking all over the shop. I even leaked through the pads last night.

aww the v8 supercar driver ashley cooper died b4 so sad he left behind a wife and two little kids...

jen - totally agree with everything u said about breastfeeding lol! my leakage is annoying lol, i too leak through breastpads if he goes too long without feeding, and when i put my bra down to feed him i have to latch him on quickly or i leak all over his face or arm or something lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast