Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #4

aww im trying to eat well hehe! just had the veggie soup... not that nice but o well im getting veggies i spose!
    sides overlap? how u mean lol, ahh im confused as well, if the infant ones fit them keep him in them !! jaylen leaked a tiny bit this morn but not much, i think he will be in the infant ones soonish
    glad u and michael are gettin along well and the b!tch is gone hahah!
    the blog thing is kinda like a journal... click on mine and it should say somewhere where u can write ur own if u want!

AH slack tart Maz here

Had a horrible last 3 days. Mateuaz totally refussing the boob and would scream, kick punch, just go right off when ever he came near it. He would scream that much that my other bb would have let down and I looked like I pi$$ed myself on my shirt. Thankfully he's back to his bb loving self!

He is sleeping awesomely overnight usually from 10.30 until 5 - 5.30ith out waking! gotta be happy with that.

Now Im going back to catch up

hey maz! to hear u had a crap few days!
    that great how he sleeps at night! Jaylen usually goes to sleep at about 10.30pm, wakes up at about 2.30am and again at about 5.30am.. and the last few days hes been staying awake from 5.30am.. ahh thats way to early to be getting up lol!

Put my birth story in my blog in more detail if u's are bored and want to have a read lol!

Well we went on our first outing today. We went to Big W then Safeway. I put Amber in my baby bjorn and she slept the whole way around the stores. Kate, persevere with it, hopefully he will learn to love it. I think Amber loved being all cuddled in and she could hear my heartbeat.

Then we got home, I fed her, she screamed so I tried feeding her again and she fell asleep on my chest. She we have put her to bed and hope she can get a good rest. She loves the car but only when it is going. If it is stopped, she will fidget. We are going to try a trip to Bendigo on the weekend. Mum is having a pacemaker put in on Friday so we will go with with her grand daughter.

With the nappies, Amber is still wearing the huggies newborns. I had 2 boxes of it. We are onto the last box. It is leaving a mark on her but we have had no major leaks. She should probably be into the crawler now. She is a long baby and the come up below her belly button. I am going to try and finish the huggies newborns and then go onto Aldi as they are cheaper. Although the big boxes of huggies are on special at Big W at the moment.
    I will get onto the MCN but the sposies are so easy!

My girl is unsettled and its wind. She wouldnt burp after her feed. I am finding it tough to get her wind up. If I could get it up then settling may be easier.

ohh jaylens being good this arvo thank god, wonder what was wrong with him this morn... so hard to know

jen, glad ur outing went ok! where do u get them baby bjorn carrier things from, jaylen loves his pram so i wont use it going out, but it would be handy for around the house, like i could cook ect with him on me and have my hands free!
    once the newborn nappies are below jaylens belly button i might stop using them... i think im going to have to start putting him in pants and tops, 000 jumpsuits are way to big in the body and a bit too long, but in the 0000 the feet arent big enough and some are starting to get a bit short.. but they fit nicely in the body... ohhh pants and tops are annoying for just around the house, ride up ect lol

Jess- We are a little lazy with dressing Amber while at home. She normally gets just a singlet and her nappy. But then we have her in 2 wraps. We went out today in a cute hoody. The hood had teddy bear ears on it. We were given so many cute clothes for her that I reckon she wont wear half of it. She is in 000 at the moment but it wont be too long. She is a long girl and the length more than anything is what she will grow out of.

She is still asleep. Ben must have the midas touch in settling her.

Hi girls

Addy is asleep, again, for at least 1/2 hour this time. She has been so unsettled today and has barely slept. She seems to be in pain at times too. But we saw the paediatrician today for her 6 week check up, and he says she has some regurgitation causing maybe some heartburn and we are trialling mylanta. Maybe thats why she is finally sleeping. We have tipped the bassinette up 30 degrees- like how you did it in the hospital. Its only on a pillow for now, we will try something else later.
    Here I was thinking it was colic or windpain! She sort of goes to sick up and then swallows it, or does vomit (has been increasing over the past week). If it doesnt improve with the mylanta, we will see the paediatrician again.
    On a good note, she is doing great and weighs 5.2kg.

Nik :hugs: for the non supportive hubby, its so hard for them to understand most of what we go through. Especially all the breast stuff. I just keep saying to Doug- if it was your nipples she was sucking on two hourly- you would feel differently too!!

Kate, I have been buying so much soft cheese and loving it!! Even blue! Interesting news about Michael, hope things continue at least civily between you.

For everyone approaching the end of tghe newborn nappies- My Dh stopped using them before I did, we are in infant size which do look so big but I stopped using newborn when they were leaving red marks on her legs and they only go to 5kg- so when I found she was 5kg I stopped!

jen - yer i just put jaylen in bonds jumpsuits at home, they are the best things.. hes in 000 in them and will prob go into 00 soon, but bonds are smaller hehe! im just using white tshirt bodysuits instead of singlets, HATE how singlets ride up, might use them if its really cold in winter but yer..
    yer i went through all the 0000 jumpsuits ect and put half of em in a bag cuz they dont fit...
    i got told that other people, like who dont feed the baby, can settle them better than us cuz they think, oh yer, no food here, i will go to sleep!

oh yeah I was gonna tell you about my baby carriers.
    I keep the baby bjorn in the car and use it for short trips, groceries and are using it more and more cause she seems to hate being in the pram at the moment. She starts off happy enough then starts crying and stops as soon as I pick her up. The other day I ended up going back to the car and putting her in the baby bjorn and pushed an empty pram around! She fell asleep like a good girl.

Just make sure you read about the baby bjorns- some people dont like them cause they say they incorrectly align the babies spine. These people recommend using them only for a short time. I cant actually find any research to support this and choice magazine voted them the best baby carrier so make up your own minds.

I also have the huga abub, which now I can actually put on properly, is great. Pretty comfy- does get hot though. I use it in the house each day to get on with stuff.

The baby bjorn is so much easier to put on, but doesnt look as comfy for the bub. Some other people swear by the sling type, like bubba moe- they look so much easier to put on, but look bad for your back!

So much choice!
    Jess I iknow there are heaps of slings on ebay cheap.

Jess

I agree I hate singlets and tshirts that ride up- I prefer the bodysuits that do up in the crotch!

mary - thanks, had a look on ebay, omg thers so many and so many diff prices! might buy one at a shop here so i can take it back if its not right or 1 of us doesnt like it lol...

omg i feel like chocolate LOL

Billy Ocean Guest

Is it unsettled baby day OR WHAT??? I'm gonna scream!

Poor little bugger is sleeping now but been awake most of the day so is exhausted. I'm exhausted. I've read everyone's posts but I will reply tomorrow.

Need sleep... pmsl

Night girls.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

ps. Jess, if I click on your blog thing, it says I can't go in there. Do I have to have a password thing? Or are you talking about something on your own site?

Jesus. My head is not working.

Back tomorrow.

x

LOL kate yer i think it must be unsettled baby day, jaylens been unsettled for most of the day and feeding every 2-3 hours, apart from like 5am-9am he was feeding every HOUR lol... hope hes good 2night, i need sleep!
    u cant go into my blog! hm wonder why, stupid thing, no quick reply, now this!!! ROFL haha anyway up the top next to user profile, it should say blogs? click on that lol!!

well i just had a shower, wow actually had time lol... now i think i will lie on the couch, jaylen should wake in bout an hr for a feed!

EDIT - kate i fixed my blog, u can see it now hopefully

Hi ladies...

Missed a bunch as usual, am back to packing as we were moving then we weren't & now we are again...

As for 'unsettled baby day', I have that most days lol. She's usually not upset to be awake though... just... awake.

Jess, love your new ticker picture cute.

Was it Jen that said they don't bother with much in the way of clothes at home 'cept for a singlet & nappy? That's me alot too unless it's a cooler day as like you I have to wrap her in 2 wraps so she can't escape so I don't want her getting too hot. That & she hates being messed with so the less clothes to get on & off her the better.

Anywho ladies, hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone, I'm off to bed even though I'm not that sleepy 'cause I have to try to get some shut eye. (Would say beauty sleep but that would be a joke..!)

Have i mentioned i want quick reply back i'm sure i have and am just repeating myself.

The last few days Sophie just been in a nappy, singlet and then wrapped. But today was cold and raining so i had to put a bonds suit on her and put the mittens bits over her hands as they were cold and even had to put the aircon heater bit on this weather is ridiculous!! i wonder what tomorrow will bring weatherwise. Sophie had a good day today, feeding every 5hrs most of the time. My SIL gave me a baby carrier not sure what sort it is havent tried Sophie in it as yet as she looks too small for it and i dont want her to fall out of it.

Jess- speaking of having to take jewellery out for whatever reason, they made me take my earrings out for theatre and i put them in Chris' wallet and forgot about them and then tried to put them back in and had a little trouble with the right ear ive had my ears pierced since i was 10 and had trouble with them even then but they are back in.

Jen- yes over being in the house atm, going out tomorrow nothing exciting just food shopping plus i need to stock up on nappies, wipes and probably some other stuff. Im glad that Amber had a better day and i agree if your not worrying about them not sleeping your worrying about them sleeping alot etc, it can be stressful but with Sophie i'm really starting to notice the different cries and what she does when shes hungry or got pains in her tummy Chris is still learning whats what as he works and only spends a limited hours with her. Woohoo on your successful trip out. Good luck with the trip to Bendigo.

Kate- the letters sound cool a nice crafty project for you to do. With regards to bathing bubs i put the baby bath on the dining room table and bath & dress Sophie there means i'm not straining my back just yet leaning over the side of the bath tub just thought i'd share incase anyone else wanted to try it. Sophie still seems to fit into the newborn nappies fine. Good to hear you & Michael are getting along so well, and haha the b!tch is gone did she happen to take the plasma does sound like she was influencing what he was doing.

Sazz- if its mastitis get to the dr and get it checked out.

Nik- Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday. Your most welcome for the support, at some point or another weve been there for each other. I too never thought i'd get so much out of joining a pregnancy/baby forum and seeing as i dont have any friends friends in QLD you ladies have been great and i really feel i've made some good friends.

Jess- make sure your eating well or both your mum & Kates mum will be knocking on your door . Your blog thing doesnt work wont let me access it.

Maz- if you think your 'slack [email protected] Maz' just remember your our slack [email protected] Maz just kidding. Lovely to see you in here and woohoo that Mat is back to loving his BB juice again. Sorry to hear you had a crap few days. How to i get Sophie to sleep overnight?.

QM- good to see you pop in. Bummer about the moving/not moving/moving would be totally frustrating.

**TMI but Chris was keen to DTD before he went to work earlier and i said no i'm a little scared and want to wait until ive had my 6 week check-up to get the all clear and the pill/injection so we dont have another baby on the way haha.

So tired...! So much for getting some shut eye. Didn't manage to go to sleep until after 1 & then ofcourse Scally woke up....

....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

queenmab - oh i hear u on no sleep, i went to sleep at about 11pm and jaylen woke up atbout 1.30am... WELL he wouldnt go to sleep after that would he! was up til about 4.30am trying to settle him, then he woke again at 7.30 and is awake again, omg so damn tired lol.. how much sleep did u manage to get?

jo - haha yer i better eat well or kate and her mum will be on my doorstep, ohh good as, someone to visit me, ok im not gunna eat ROFL..
    lol about DTD, as weird as this is gunna sound, i have a mate (we were gunna get 2getha b4 i got preg, thought he was the dad b4 i got my ultrasound bla bla) anway hes asked me if i wanted to DTD lol and im like NO im too scared haha!

boobs are SO damn sore 2day, they are burning! and when jaylen feeds its starting to hurt, its a different pain than it was at the start, its like hes sucking too hard, and just have the burning feeling all the time... i would go to formula but 1. mum would skitz haha! and 2. i dont think i can be bothered making up bottles, steralizing bottles, getting up in the middle of the night and making bottles, bla bla, and the price lol...
    well off to have som brekkie b4 jaylen screams

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast