Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #4

It must be the time for sore bbs. Addy was feeding really often yest evening- wouldnt settle. My right bb was getting so painful, I ended up giving her some frozen EBM. It was throbbing after she came off. All night it was so painful and it made me cry when I fed her at 4am. This morning I can feel some hard lumps and it is still throbbing. Just the right bb. I think its just blocked ducts now, gave it a really good massage in a hot shower and will get tthe heat pack on soon.
    I hope it fixes, I do not want to get mastitis!

Billy Ocean Guest

"DTD" caught my eye so I had to say something before I go to pick up the bath AND take back my phone which is faulty!!!

I happened to ask my dr about DTD (don't ask ) and also my mate Belinda and they both said to hang off 'til the 6 week check. Fark, you'd hate to get an infection THERE! I'm already taking antibiotics for something I picked up in the hospy - kinda like thrush apparently but not - TMI - sorry. So, don't want anything else. pmsl It's all a bit scary anyway hey. What if it breaks again? pmsl!

Right, going to get my stuff done then I can come home and relax. Oh yeah, relax, that's funny... ha ha!

Back later.
    x

mary - yer im not sure why our bbs are sore lol, i was thinking about going to formula but hmm not sure... dont know if i can be bothered with it all... maybe i should go to a breastfeeding person to see why it hurts

kate - yer right as if we can relax lol, i just put hairdye in my hair, hope jaylen stays settles while its in and while i wash it out! oh no hes starting to make noises!

jaylen is back with his dummy lol, tried it when he was really unsettled the other day and he took it and went to sleep, now he wants it all the time lol, damn i didnt want to give him a dummy but god its a lifesaver hehe

Hey ladies.

Ive been having problems still with BF. The little man has damaged my nipples to no return. Been expressing the last week.. with only 3 boobie feeds. So far the boobies are looking a WHOLE lot better. Gonna get the BF going again more and more every day.. BUT ITS BEEN SUCH A ROUGH ROAD. Its exhausting me. Im looking forward to being able to relax about feeding Joshua. Even the expressing is a worry.. worry that it will hinder my supply.. ect.

Im envious of anyone who is able to BF without a problem. My sister-inlaw for example!! We are going overseas in May and it would be SUCH a drama on the plain to not be able to Breastfeed properly. ITS STRESSING ME OUT ALREADY!!

AAARRGGHH

Sorry for the "deload" Ive been on BB to find some more info about my problems and felt the need to AIR out my thoughts.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Amber is asleep... Touch wood. She needs a couple of hours. She has only really had an hour here or there today.
    Although we did get another night of sleeping 1030-5am, then she had a feed and went back 630-9. The health nurse says it is ok to let her sleep at night as long as she is putting on weight. We go there tomorrow so will see if she has.

Ok so we went to Aldi today and got the crawler size nappies. They look huge on her but the huggies newborns were getting too tight so I guess she will grow into these. I hope she doesnt leak because they are so big. We would have gotten the huggies on special at Big W but they didnt have any big boxes of girls crawlers.
    The aldi nappies were like 50 for $15 and they have Aldi wipes 80 for $3 so will see how they go. I had all intentions of going MCN but the sposies are the lazy way out.... Now I have like a box full of newborn huggies left. One of my best friends is due in June so I will give it to her.... If my girl wasnt so big then she would still be in them!

The hospital just called. They want me to come in and see a physio regarding my tear. Because they shoved me out of hospital so quickly, they didnt get the chance for the physio to check me over fully. I was supposed to go on Monday but cancelled. I have a newborn and we are not up for that trip to the city for an appointment like that.... Plus I have to go to 2 clinics in April and May to check my tear and to see if I can have a natural birth again. Apparently with my tearing there is a good chance of it happening next child. So it may be a caesar.

Look at me rambling.......

Hope everyone is having a good day.

QM- Sounds like Scally and Amber are the same type of girls, not settling too well during the day and not being dressed in clothes too much!

Hi ladies,

Just thought I'd pop my head in and say hi. Got a clinic appointment tomorrow for Amy's weight so it will be interesting to see how much she's put on. I was wondering about when you go to the next size up in nappies too. I think I'll just wait until Amy is 5kg and then go into the infant ones......will have to wait and see I guess. I know which nappies not to buy. Someone gave me some babylove newborn nappies. Every one of them that I've used has leaked. It's like they don't absorb anything and the little frilly bits will not stay out, they always tuck back in so poo goes everywhere!! Speaking of which, I went to visit my cousin yesterday and Amy did a poo when I was feeding her and next thing I feel it running all over my leg. SOOOOOOOO gross! It went all over her clothes and everything. Just disgusting!! Hahahah. Luckily my cousin has three girls so she was very understanding hehehe.

Had a chat to Mark and it's not that he isn't being supportive, he just wants our little girl to get as much breast milk as we can give her and he just doesn't understand why I don't want to breastfeed. I can't give him a proper reason apart from the fact that it's stressing me out....and I can't explain why about that either......so I've decided that I will give Amy breast milk when we're at home with top ups hopefully until 12 weeks unless my supply dwindles. That's when paediatricians say you don't have to worry as much about sterilising etc too, so I will feel better if we can make it til then. In the scheme of things, it's only another 4 and a bit weeks. I can do that. I decided though that I won't breast feed when we go out. I will just take a bottle from now on. It works a treat. i did it today. I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing either (isn't that selfish!?). I have hardly any clothes that I can breast feed in at the moment so every time I go out I feel like a real frump cos I'm wearing crappy clothes.....does nothing for my self esteem.......so that is just one little thing I noticed today......

anyway, enough of that. Hope you are all having marvellous days. Amy had a really unsettled day on Monday. It's no fun is it!? You just want to make it all better and nothing seems to work! Better go xxxxxxxx I'm hooked on a show that's on in the afternoon, saints and sinners.......how embarrassing! Hehehhe.
    Luv Nik and Amy xx

Nik- My DH was the same with our first born! He would keep saying to me that I should keep on trying with the breastfeeding because it was the best for bubby. I think he realised just how tough I was doing it when he saw my nipples were actually bleeding because of the pressure I felt to keep on trying I think thats the worst of it sometimes - there is pressure out there for mums to do it. I say Happy Mum, happy bub. I found a compromise in between and did half & half!

Jess- Know how you feel about the dummy too! LOL. I didn't want to give our boy it either. But hes had terrible wind & just wants to suck all the time and my boobie just gets too sore. So one night I thought I cant keep doing this & gave it to him! It will be a pain now getting him off it but boy its bit of a saver. Who wants to hear them crying, hey??

Nik - I've got an appointment today for Jackson & I'm keen to know how much he''s put on! LOL. Had a friend visit today & she was like ' He's grown a bit and he's a little chubbier! but yeah he is looking hthy! LOL.

Jen- I was thinking that too with my boy about the n/b nappies! I think next buy I will need to buy the next one up for sure Ahhh they grow so quick. We're already into the 000's now. Although your bub & Jess's will have been for a little while now wouldnt they being 10lp or so...

Tash- I really sympathise with you & know exactly the road your travelling! Its hard giving it your best shot isn't it! Do you use Lansolin at all on them? I did & still do occassionally. Might help a little bit

I wonder where Tiff & Maz are now?? I think they were the only Mums in the due thread other than Karen & myself who had a child or more Hmmm.

Sorry will catch with the other mums soon - gotta go!

Kate - i didnt know about the infectiong thing down there. We DTD 3 4 weeks after Mat was born..god it didnt friggen tickle either! Who you got your eye on woman????
    Jess - have you got Lanolin for your nipples? It helps with the pain. honestly, get some asap.
    Nik - hon yo have to consider your sanity with the whole BF anf FF thing. All you girls, it is just not worth getting stressed about. Honestly if its not working, try a different avenue. There is nothing wrong with FF your baby. So the experts say BF is best....but i think best for mama is better...happy mama - happy baby. your baby feels and senses your frustration and emotions. I FF 3 of my babies and Mateauz has has a few formula top ups...im just lucky that its worked this time and dont get me wrong, its been friggen hard. i dont like my nipples feeling like they have knifes shooting out of them, or burning like someone has a flame on them...i hate being hit and scratched from the little guy, I hate having big wet spots o my t-shirts and in my bed...need I go on, do yo hear me girls!
    I would never look down on someone who FF their baby.
    My advice - stop listen to other people girls - listen to your baby and to yourselves! It just upsets me that you girls are feeling $hit at this time...your ment to be loving and enjoying your babies not worry about this.

sorry I just wish I could give you all a big hug! Im running away now!

tascha - oh i know how u feel about breastfeedin, its way harder than ppl think! im starting to have trouble with it now, hurts when he feeds and have a burning stabbing feeling all the time..

carol - yer agreed about the dummy but o well, gotta do what u gotta do! jaylen wont go to sleep without it now lol...

jen - do the aldi ones come in newborn? maybe they might be bigger than the huggies newborn if she leaks outta the crawler ones?

maz - ohhh totally agree with u with breast feedin, so sick of the pain and the burning and the leaking ect.. yep i use lanolin afta every feed, helps a bit but yer stil sore!

what do i need if i want to start FF? does it say on the bottles when u buy them whether they are newborn ect? and how do u know what formula to get? what else to u need lol, i have NOOOO idea about anything FF... ohh im gunna feel so bad if i start FF but like everyones said it better that im happy.. i know i will regret it though...

Jess hon - when you buy a tin of formula all the instructions to make it are on it.
    When you buy a bottle it usually comes with a NB or 0-3 month teat on it...as for steralising it...boil them in a pot of water on the sink for 10 mins after you have washed them with normal washing up liquid. If you do start...id start with 3 bottle and dont get the small up to 125ml ones cause you will the big 260 ml ones later down the track. DOnt feel bad...you'll have other kids inthe future hon to reflect this time on.
    The first 6 weeks of BF is the hardest dont forget. If you can make it to that mark yourve done so well. If you cant - feel blessed that at least you tried and got as far as you did.

Jen - OMG, I got out a NB nappy that was in our bounty bag and it fits mateauz with heaps of room...hmmmm I should probably eat more steak to beef him up ROFL. Aldi nappys are fantastic - I used them on Wilhelm until he was 4 1/2. They are the best value for money if you ask me. BUT Mateauz has been in cloth since the day he was born other then being in the Royal Childrens for that 10 days and then I put a cloth nappy on him to bring him home. YOu'll get into it when you can and if not...dont stress about it. the world isnt going to fall apart over night now is it.

Carol - it took me 6 dame weeks for Mateauz to take the dummy and he still spits it...and I totalyl agree its such a dame sanity keeper. When he starts, Vy takes her dummy out and tries to give it to him...its so funny.

Kate - im still intreged.....does Micheal want to make a 'happy' family now??????

Jess- The Aldi nappies come in newborn or small. They might be a bigger fit than the huggies. We have had Amber in one so far. She has been asleep for a couple of hours so the test will be when she gets up.
    With the bottles, you will need bottles, teats, steraliser. There are different brand bottles and teats etc. I have avent bottles, teats and an avent microwave steraliser. The teats have different sizes for different flows. The avent ones come in like size 1, 2 etc. 1 is for newborn to 1 month. You will need to steralise the bottles after every feed. With formula, I dunno much about that. We have a Karicare birth + tin in the cupboard if needed. But I know Kate is using the Nan one.

Kate- Hmmmm questions about DTD? I am too scared I will break again. I am still gingerly going around washing and toilet stuff! Karma when it comes to Michael and the ex. I am happy your relationship with him is at a good stage.

Carol- Good to hear your little man is healthy. My girl is getting bigger and is only 2 weeks old! She might outgrow her bassinette before too long and into the cot we go.

Tascha- Its tough with a newborn! I reckon they really dont prepare you for all of the trials and tribulations. I am glad the bb's are getting better.

Well my girl has been asleep for a couple of hours and will be up shortly so better get prepared.

maz and jen - thanks 4 tha info on bottles, will have a look at all the stuff when i get paid on friday... even if i just have it to top him up on, cuz i feed him on both sides and hes still wide awake.. maybe i should get some nipple sheilds and see if they help, a few mates said they were life savers 4 them..
    so it says on the formula how much u need to give them?

yay jaylens still sleep, i should have tea but im REALLY not hungry...

I officially have mastitis. By lunch time was feeling so crappy and took my temperature- was 38 degrees after panadol (which should have brought it down!) Went to nearby emergency department was in and out in like 20 mins (they were great! Couldnt get into GP till saturday and no chance with obs office) My boob is red and lumpy and swollen. Feels better when empty though so have been feeding as much as possible. So on antibiotics now, and have to keep a close eye on them improving.

Jess, have you researched the sharp pains, I was looking stuff up this morning for me, and your symptoms sound like thrush or even blocked ducts? Try ringing the breastfeeding hotline for ABA, they should be able to give advice. Have you been freezing any expressed breast milk? I have bottles to give some frozen milk.

Hi to everyone else!

aww mary $hit as...
    hmm i hope i havnt got blocked ducts or something, u can put hot face washers on that to help cant u? will jaylen still be getting milk?

Yeah, try hot washers, Jaylen will still be getting milk. In fact the heat may help with let down and improve the milk flow.
    I def read about burning pains though, and it can be fixed, so look it up!

oh and another thing, is evryone crying at the drop of a hat lol? as i said tha other day i cried at the speeding ad, i was watching the biggest loser b4 and they all got videos of their loved ones, cried at them too, was thinkin about an ex b4, one who i thought was the babies dad, cried then, cried b4 cuz breastfeeding isnt going well anymore, OMG it never ends hehe

Oh Mary honey - thank god you did something about your bb's. Mastitis is horrible. I had it in both my bb's with VY and the doctor jsut said to stop feeding..worst thing I did! good on ya hon!

Jess - I agree with Mary - give them a call or check out the web site hon

the web site is at
    breastfeeding asn au

phone number is
    9885 0653

im going to go and have a look at the site now

where is everyone lol, sleeping i hope! jaylen was good last night and hes asleep now too, lovely lol..
    bb's are still a bit sore, not as sore as yesti... might try some nipple sheilds if it doesnt get better cuz i wanna breastfeed for longer than 3 weeks lol...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast