Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #4

Billy Ocean Guest

I'm here. Just been trying to catch up.

Jess, yeah, the crying is normal mate. Don't worry. I also find that I cry/feel flat more later in the day or if I am tired.

Jen, it took me 4 weeks to feel like I could wash myself normally. I was too scared to touch it and was hosing with the shower hose thing. pmsl!

Jess, I'm FF only now. I've got about 5 million bottles because I'm a psycho who likes shopping. I have the Pigeon brand small teats. I found them the best for BTK but today I have bought some wide neck Avent bottles to give them a go. No reason. Just any excuse to shop. he he he! I also bought a microwave stereliser from Big W for $20. I wash the bottles with dishwashing stuff as Maz said then rinse them out and chuck them in the thing in the microwave for 7 minutes. I make up the days bottles and chuck them in the fridge then at night I do another 3 for night feeds. Heat them in the microwave too, which I wasn't doing at first but I'm over buring myself with hot water in a mug! Plus it's dodgy having it around BTK. To be honest though mate, I spent a day at the hospy at BB school, remember? By the time I left, bf wasn't hurting AT ALL! Do they have that at your hospy? I just remember being amazed that I could do it painlessly.

Mary, sorry to hear about the mastitis. That's sh*t. I hope you feel better soon.

Maz, did you get my message the other day? I'll give you a buzz later today and see if you're home. Does DTD stop hurting after you've done it once or what? Fark. I'm scared - not that I'm doing anything.

Billy's head is peeling - is that cradle cap or whatever? Someone told me olive oil, others said Sorbolene - any suggestions from anyone? He looks like he's got some terrible disease!

Picked up my bath/change thing yesterday. OMG, it took me 3 hours to assemble and I hurt my hand because at one stage I got so frustrated, I hit it! Oops. he he he... No jokes, EVERY SINGLE BIT had to be put together from scratch. Worse than Ikea even! Also got my phone replaced. It's working now - after wasting 1 1/2 hours with them! Idiots.

Michael's ex is now telling him that their daughter can see BTK but not if I'm there. What a joke. Like I said to Michael, I had to come to terms with the fact that BTK would have to spend time with HER if they were together. She is only punishing the poor girl. I know she's angry so hopefully she'll chill soon.

Hi Carol, Nik and Tascha!!!

I need to eat something.

Back later.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

cr*p, I knew I'd forget something... does everyone put nappy cream stuff on after each nappy change or what? I have Curash cream but don't use it every time. Is that bad?

Kate- I have some bottom butter which I use when I remember. But we have not used it for a bit. Amber no longer gets the red marks from the huggies because her new nappies swim on her. Her head has some skin peeling too but not too bad.
    So who are you planning or thinking of DTD with?
    This ex times 2 of Michaels sounds like a really great girl.... Why punish her daughter. And where does she get off thinking you wont be with BTK when he comes to visit.
    I have felt my area in the shower a couple of times and I can feel stitches. Apparently one part where they stitched me takes 12 weeks to heal. Great having such a nice tear. Jo you had a 3rd degree like me, do you need to go to some clinics down the track to check you out.... Oh and the pelvic floor exercises!

Jess- If the burning continues, go to the docs, you dont want to go making yourself sick. If you want to continue with the BF, can you go to a BF school or go see a LC? BF doesnt hurt me anymore but sometimes Amber can be lazy with her attachment and sucking...

Well my girl finally went down at about 11 last night. When we put her down she stirs quite a few times and we go in and rock the basinette then she finally might go to sleep. Well she slept till 3, then went back down about 4ish and woke at 8. I am certainly not complaining about her sleeping during the night. I only feel guilty that she may miss out on a feed.

We have the maternal health nurse today. Hopefully she can help with tips on getting wind up.

Mary- Glad they caught the mastitis. Well done on continuing the bf too. Hello to Addy. I forgot to ask is her name pronounced AdeLINE or like Adelyne?

Better go, girl is stirring.

kate - oh good so im not the only one crying haha! will have a look at bottle stuff 2morrow, i know breastfeeding is 'better' but seriously, with FF if i get tired or frustrated one day i can give him to mum 4 a whole day and she can feed him!
    jaylens head isnt peeling but its all really dry and scaly LOL mange!
    ohhh i have to get one of them change table thing, hope its not that hard LOL
    i dont put nappy rash cream on at all, unless his bum looks red
    god michaels ex is stupid, as if u wouldnt be with BTK!? loser haha

jen - yer BF hasnt hurt 2day so we'll see how it goes over the next few days, might have just been a bad day
    i have felt my area lol, and i cant feel stiches or anything, will u know when they come out or what? down there isnt sore or anything anymore

has ppl stil got a nurse coming to see them? mums worried cuz jaylen hasnt been weighed since he was 2 weeks old or sumfin they came for the 1st 2 weeks and thats it, isnt that pretty normal? ahh mum says so much stuff and makes me worried, annoys the $hit outta me, its not like i need more to worry bout lol

Hi lovely mummies!

Have just put Bodie down for a nap... hopefully a long one!

Mary: Oh you poor thing having mastitis. My friend had it and she said it was horrible. Glad you caught it out early though, so hopefully it won't last too long.

Jen: Aren't Aldi nappies great! I've still got Bodie on the newborn ones, but sometimes he leaks through them, so next time I'm out shopping I'll get the next size up... are they the crawler ones? I find the wipes are good too, just like any huggies ones.
    I had a 3rd degree tear like you and mine has healed pretty good. Went & had it checked by the clinic too. It took about 5 weeks to heal.

Kate: I don't put any cream on Bodie when changing his nappy. I sometimes put powder on but rarely.

Maz: I agree totally about the BF issues. There is soooo much pressure out there to BF especially from the midwives at the hospital. I've been FF Bodie ever since I got home from hospital. People seem to think it's the enemy!

Bodie is now officially out of his 0000 clothes! Can't believe how much he has grown. Have got more pics on facebook if anyone wants to peek.

He has now woken up, so that was about a 5 min nap... not happy!
    Gotta go

April & Bodie xo

Hello again Mums

Kate- I'm the same I dont put anything much on Jacksons Bottom other than some powder 'now & then' Dont really need the cream unless you see a bit of red coming through then stick some on. DTD!! Who with - Do tell,lol...

Jess - Glad to hear the pain is less today than it was yester'! I'm still b'fing Jackson but he only takes from one side now so I'm all lopsided! LOL. But I really enjoy it even though I still get an instants pain when he 1st latches on. And he loves it too so it works for both of us With the ? on which formula I'm with Nan brand now which seems to be pretty good & alot of mums rave about it apparently. Its just a matter of picking one that works well with Jaylen.

Mary - Mastitis! Bet thats not very pleasant Sorry to hear that. I was always afraid of ending up with Mastitis & feel my bbs now & then to ensure its not lumpy! Glad you're getting the treatment for it now & it all smoothes out soon!

April - I think a few of us now are coming out of the 0000;s lol. I've started packing a few of them away too! Oooh they grow soo fast And dont you hate it when you put them down holding your breath that they will stay asleep for awhile & they wake just minutes later!!!! Arghhhh.

Jen - PLS let me know if the nurse has any good tips with the wind issue okay?? I can use them here,lol. We saw the paediatrician yesterday & Jackson is up over 11lps now. So he's chunking up well! I asked him while I was there about the wind but he pretty much said that there is now magic cure for it & just try the IF or infacol and such, burp them etc. And that at 3 mths its pretty much gone, which all of this we know anyway! I'm of the opinion now not to waste too much money trying this & that cause they're all much the same kwim,lol.

Just on the crying topic. I'm not that bad but if I hear a sad story like the Mum who recently died right after saving her baby from drowning, then that hits a note with me & I start bawling! It was sooo sad

BBL

carol - yer i have the pain when he attaches too, lets hope the other pains have gone away, none 2day as yet!
    LOL yer its only certain stuff that makes me cry, i cried when i heard that too, anything to do with mums and babies thats sad makes me cry lol, like i said with the biggesr loser last night, i cried cuz one of the guys who got a video, it was a video of his brand new grand daugher, he balled and so did i haha!
    im packing up some of jaylens 0000 stuff as well, its so weird, i have lots of target jumpsuit things and the 0000 are too small, but the 000 are MASSIVE... so hes living in like 4 jumpsuits that fit lol.. or the bonds wondersuits, god they are good, hes in the 000 in them and they fit him perfectly

aww jaylens being so good 2day, just eating and sleeping lol.. wish they were like this all tha time

Wink

Yes, like us they have their days dont they

I'm just browsing on Ebay atm! I admit I'm bit of an Ebay Junkee,lol. So many great bargains - why would you 'shop' anywhere else... As long as I remember 'its not a bargain if you dont really need it' then I'll be right,lol.

Wwe have jsut come back from the MCN and im so happy. Mateauz has put on 550grams in 2 weeks - so he now weighs 4085grams..woo hoo for us!!! He has upgraded from premi cloths to 0000..he's such a small fry! His left arm is weaker then his right so she gave me some exercises to help him use that arm more.

Kate - I dont put powder on Mateauz bum or cream. Royal childrens use olive oil on their bums to clean them when they have nappy rash. And oil for craddle cap to. Get a comb aswell or just pick it out when your feeding him (after yourve put the oil on of course ) cause he'll be distracted by getting feed.

Carol - I love ebay too - I got a heap of cloths for Mateauz for $40 including the postage and most of them were pumpkin patch. I so have to put up some of my things that im not using and get some extra $$$$ in our house again.

Is anyone taking multi vitamins????? if you ar ewhat kind ar eyou taking..my bottle is just about empty and Im wondering what ones to take next.

I had to pick Nikolaus up from school early cause a girl in his class bit him on the arm!!!! He has ahuge lump and bruise there now..not happy and the principal has suspended her for a day cause of it. I would expect a kinder kid to do it but not a grade 2. Im so proud of my little guy though, he didnt even hit or push her away. He just took it.

Hmm better go and get my tea organised so Jed can put it on when he gets home. Apricot curried chicken with rice and steam vegies. and I can smell my chocolate mud cake baking away....god im hungry!!!!!

What a nice girl she must have been Maz. Well done on your fella for being good and taking the bite too.
    We just went to the maternal nurse too... My big girl has put on another 190 grams in a week. She has grown 2.5cm since birth and her head is 2cm bigger. So now we are weighing in at 4962grams, length 56cm and head 38cm. All is in proportion. We still fit into 000 though

Maz- I have been taking the blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding vitamins but keep forgetting. I am also still on the iron when I remember too.

Carol- I have been good with the ebay of late. I have not ventured there too much. We have been given a lot of clothes as presents which I still have to wash. I am sure I will be looking for winter clothes soon enough.

Jess- How is the little man going today? My schedule for visiting the nurse is now 4 weeks, 8weeks, 16 weeks etc. Tell your mum not to worry. I am sure your boy is doing fine. Amber screamed her lungs out at our visit.

We are going to attempt a longer shopping trip tomorrow. I am getting so brave. But we love the baby bjorn.

Maz - another one here taking Blackmores b/fing & preg tabs Good to see you posting here again. Although I gotta say I hadn't been doing it regular for a while either. Just getting back into the groove again I think!

Jen - Wow you have a big girl! My boy is over 6wks now and is 57 cm length, 5200+grm, & 37 hd circ. compared to your girl who is only a couple of wks old,lol.

Will come back tomorrow & check back in with everyone

Afternoon Mumma's!!!

FINALLY had a moment to make a new ticker.. AND upload my little man's latest CUTSIE picture!!

OMG I think I might have the smallest baby here!!! ROFL

Tascha - Joshua is so gorgeous hon...be very proud!!!

Carol - I just found it hard to come in here when things were so bad with us. I didnt want anyone else feeling as $hit as we did...IFYKWIM. Ive been using CENOVIS pg and bf tablets...I got them when BIlo became coles cause they were only $4 a bottle...I grabbed 6. they have been good but im on the last bottle now and jsut wanted to know what everone else was taking. I can tell when I have forgotten to take one...I get tired easier and just feel BLAH

Jen - does taking Iron tablets help much? Are you taking them yourself or did the doctor say to take them? WTG on the weight and height gain. ARe you FF now hon or still BF?

Jess - forgot to mention, we go to the MCN because of Mateauz cerabal palsy..I am the one insisting on going to make sure that he gets the proper attention he needs. Also dont forget he still has blood clots floating around in this head so im scared $hitless of another seizure/stroke. Im sure you could always go to an open session if your worried (take panick stricken nanna with ya ) call your hospital and they should lead you in the right direction.

OPK gotta get thias cake out now..just finished vacumming......could tell what colour my carpet was anymore ROFL and my toilet...dont go there!!!! Now I jsut wisht here was a clothes folding fairy and Id be set!

Maz- we are still bf so my milk must be good or my girl is going to be a basketball player. Seeing as she is doing well, I am still allowed to let her sleep as long as she wants during the night.

Tasch- Your little man is so cute. I need to redo my ticker as well

Hi everyone

Feeling heaps better today, the redness has been easing over the day, and i am still feeding her really often to keep my boobs as empty as possible. Lucky I caught it quickly!

Kate, I have put baby oil on Addys head twice for the cradle cap. I put it on at night, then wash and brush her hair the next morning. It really seemed to help. I also only put curash on her bum if its red at all. I havent bought anything for baths etc- all the lotions and potions I have were gifts.

Jen, we pronounce Adeline like 'addeleen', her inlaws all pronounce her 'adelyn' I have given up correcting it (plus its not bad sounding!) I never thought it would be such a difficult name to say, oh well!!

Maz, I have kept using the elevit that I took through pregnancy.

Jess, I assume that it will be the same where you live, but for checkups I just rang the childrens health number (available in red book, or goverment web site) They said they do checkups at about 3-4 weeks, then I saw the paediatrician for 6 weeks, then I do a follow up at 4 months. In between I go to tthe immunisation clinics. You have to ring and make an appointment- noone will chase you up! They only do first time mums here too (something about money shortages!)
    Apparently you can also see a nurse at achemist, or just your GP.

I have a tip for anyone continuing to use Huggies (or other brands in fact) go to the huggies web site, in the suppliers section they have links to some great web sites that do bulk nappies really cheap. I ordered a box of 128 infant size huggies for $51. I also got abox for my sisterinlaw and get free postage. Delivered to the door in 1-2 days! I dont think you can get the big boxes of infant sizes in the shops. The website I used has all sizes of nappies and things like wipes etc too!

I went to toysrus and bought this baby einstein thing today. I wanted a playmat/gym thingy, but they are so expensive. Instead cause I already have 2 quilted playmats that I have been given, I bought this stand thing thatshe lies under and it has music and toys etc hanging off it. You can adjust it as she grows too- up to 2 years old!

Anyway, going to inlaws for dinner so heading off now

Hugs to everyone
    Maryx

welll jaylens been unsettled since about 3.30pm.. ahh! went shopping this arvo cuz just happened to look in my bank and tha baby bonus was there! LOL look out!
    bought heaps of food, a new maternit bra, more nappies, bought the bigger ones and god they are heaps better, a rocker thing, a bottle and formula, bla bla heaps of other stuff lol! had quite a good time! but havent managed to look at any of it cuz jaylen been crying heaps...

he seems to be settled a bit now so im off to pop sumfin in the microwave for tea!

bbl maybe lol

Ok going to try and catch up while eating my dinner & Sophies asleep. We've had a good day today shes been feeding & sleeping good. We went to the health nurse today (it seems most of us go on Thursdays haha) and got Sophie weighed and shes now 4090grams upp 300grams from last week so Maz little Matty isnt the only small bub in here her length is still 51.5cm and her HC is now 36cm. Sophie's still fitting into the newborn alright they are leaving a little bit of a mark but not enough to put a crawler on her. She still has her heat rash but it doesnt seem to be bothering her or getting any worse so i'm not too worried.

GET WELL vibes to everyone with sore BB's.

Mary- sorry to hear you have mastitis hopefully its a quick recovery.

Tashca- nice to see you pop in sorry to hear your having issues with BF. Come and vent/deload any time were here for you .

Kate- who are you thinking of DTD with? you've got me curious now. Michael ex is a TOTAL idiot if she thought you wouldnt be around when Michael & his DD go to visit BTK, has it ever been confirmed she actually has a brain i wonder..... I'm thinking i'll be fully FF Sophie by next Thursday when shes 6 weeks its time consuming expressing etc and FF as well. OMG on the change table taking 3hrs and being worse than something from Ikea is that possible haha. I dont put any nappy rash stuff on Sophie she just gets Soberlene & powder on her bum when i do her back (if that makes sense).

Jess- making up formula is easy pre-boiled water add the formula shake to mix it & then heat up either in boiled water or nuke it in the microwave. I use the avent bottles/teats & express steriliser and so far have been heated the bottle up in the boiled water but am getting sick of burning my wrist so might start nuking them. Cant say i've been crying alot but have my moments when i get $hitty/annoyed and question myself. I havent had any nurses come to visit us at home as i lived outside the local area of the hospital we birthed at, but i've been going to the open clinic at the health care nurse to get Sophie checked.

Jen- Yeah i had a 3rd degree tear too, no one from the hospital said anything about having to go to a clinic or maybe not being able to deliver naturally next time, i think all of my stitches are gone i'm not sure as i dont have a big enough mirror to do a self examination, will find out next week at our 6 week check up how its healed and whether or not i have to go to any clinics down the track. Some of Sophie's 0000 are getting tight some are still big depends which one i put on her. Love the new ticker.

Mary- nice buy with the nappies and the baby einstein thing

Maz- i'm taking Blackmore Pregnancy & breastfeeding vitamins but keep forgetting also.

I think i got everyone took a while to read through and then reply if i missed anyone i'm sorry. Going to finish my dinner and then bath Sophie.
    Last edited by JCE0810; February 28th, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

well jaylens been asleep for a few hours thank god, i thought he was never going to sleep, i think he might have been overtired...

was talking to an ex b4, one who i thought was tha babies dad and we were talkin and talkin and he said he wants to spend a bit more time with me, i said jaylen was unsettled and hes like, aww if i was in town i would come cook u tea and look after him wile u eat, aww cute ha, happy being single atm but he said we'll c what happens.... can i be bothered with men atm?!? im not sure haha

when ppl start DTD again lol, are u's planning to go on the pill or what? i got talked to about it at the hospital, and since im breastfeeding i will have to take that mini pill, i hate the pill, it makes u fat and emotional lol, LIKE i need anymore of either of them atm lol... so want to lose weight and thats not going to help!

well i might go put all the stuff away that i bought 2day and lie on the couch and watch tv till jaylen wakes up 4 a feed!
    need some sleep, more shopping 2morrow hehe!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast