Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #4

s361768 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of trying to get Francis to smile, he has smiled twice at my partner and I and he won't do it again. AND no it is not gas. I wouldn't have believed that it was possible for a baby to smile within the first few weeks But my third son smiled after a couple of weeks, my second son was a c-section so slept for the first 6 weeks practically (he smiled at 8 weeks) and my first... I had PND and he had bad colic and reflux so THAT is a blur anyhow I don't think I was looking in his direction long enough to notice as sad as that is now.

Anyway true story Francis smiled...I have been working on getting one out of him, although my partner was the first one who got the smile...but I think it was a ' two show only' because he won't do it again. Has anyone else had a bub that has smiled early?

Also was driving yesterday and didn't realize that my 3.5 year old was in the back seat of the car sticking a 'red eye' bottle sticker label (like red bull - another guarana drink) across Francis's eyes. Amazingly he slept through the car trip with that across his eyes - he looked blind folded. I am just relieved he did not stick it on his mouth.

Hugs Everyone

Karen

Karen- Yes!! Isn't that great - Here too, little Jackson smiled at me yesterday & no not gas! LOL. And again today just after I was baby talking to him & gave him a quick little kissy & thats when I got this big cheeky grin. Ahh I'm in love! He's just gorgeous

Karen- In the last week Sophie has been smiling HEAPS, and same here its NOT wind, shes VERY cheeky with her dummy she spits it out and i try to put it back in and she smiles and moves her head around to make it difficult for me to put it back in. Sophie's even pushed the bottled out and tried to put it back in and shes only 5weeks!!.

jaylens starting to curl the top of his lip up, so a smi shouldnt be too far away! yer i agree, u can tell if its wind or a smile hehe

by the way, wit FF, how do u know what temperature to have it at, says on the tin to have boiled water at 40 degrees, but u dont have to put a themometer in it evry time do u?

Jess- You dont need to be to exact with it all,lol. I just use the cooled boiled water. Pour it into the bottle & nuke it for usually 10sec so its just warm Which formula are you trying 1st? And did it take you long to d/load a pic for your siggy at all?? I'm still trying to do mine!
    Last edited by hindonly; February 29th, 2008 at 09:51 AM.

Jess- as Carol said you dont need to be exact with the temperature of the water i just use pre boiled water also. And once you've heated the bottle up in the microwave or boiled water test it on the inside of your wrist and if its warm on there its hot enough for your little man to have.

Carol- Putting the picture in your signature doesnt take very long the ticker factory i use has the option to add a picture in the process of making the ticker and i just browsed the computer and picked which photo i wanted and downloaded it took about 10seconds if that.

QUESTION: To those of you who have BF & stopped (for whatever reason) how do i stop BF??, my milk is very watery and i've been told that usually means all the good stuff is gone from my milk so i figure i will stop BF and put Sophie on formula full time.

Jo - Its just a matter of not feeding him bby anymore You will dry up in a few days. You dont need to do anything. I never did! Your body will take care of it. You dont want to 'stimulate' anymore milk production,lol. You may go through a period of feeling a little uncomfy because bub is no longer feeding but as I said it will gradually ease & then no more milk!

Carol- thanks for that information, most appreciated. No more BB juice for Sophie. LOVE the new ticker and the picture is GORGEOUS!!

Jo - if your bb's get gorged when your trying to stop bf, get some frozen facewasehrs and put the mon them. It helps with the discomfort. I froze mine over a bowl roughly the same size as my bb's and put them on..its a bit stingy at first but then its AHHHHHHHH.
    Im stil bf my little man but after last night I was ready to put him in the mail box with return to sender on him.

My little bugger started smiling about a week ago. Today I put him in his capsule to get ready to tak ethe kids to school and there he was smiling up at me...melted my dame heart and made me forgive him for last nights effort!

Ahhh someone wants his 'girls'
    BBL

thanks about the FF info! just another thing, i know nothing lol, say if i want to do like half BF half FF (was thinking of doing FF in the day and BF at night and early morn ect) is there anything i need to do with my BBs? like express some when im FF or just leave them?

Jess_ I do a bit of both but I dont express. Sometimes I will give him bby 1st then some bottle or other times he just wants a little bit of bby If I'm sore then I just give him the bottle. But again I dont have a lot of milk so yes if your supply is pretty good you will need to express some too HTH!

thanks carol! will try making a bottle this arvo LOL, see how i go... ah i will feel bad giving him formula!
    do ur bbs hurt when its cold? omg its cold now and my bbs are sore as! maybe i should try making a bottle now ahh i dont wanna do it wrong !! i got the nan from birth gold one...
    EDIT - just one moe question, , how r people heating their bottles? if in boiling water, how long do u do it 4? cuz i was reading some stuff and they said u shouldnt put the bottles in the microwave cuz it heats unevenly
    Last edited by _JeSs_; February 29th, 2008 at 12:03 PM.

Morning.. OOPS.. afternoon !!

Joshua has been smiling for the last week now. BIG whoppers of smiles too. NO question that they are the real deal. And boy do they warm your soul right up!!

Jess: You can warm up the bottles anyway you want. I have my EBM heated in the Microwave.. about 10 seconds.. feel the temp.. and keep nuking till I feel its warm enough. But my SIL uses hot water and swirls the bottle in that till she gets her temp right. So I dont know really the RIGHT way. Give it a go and see if it works for you.

Im still undecided on the FF... expressing like mad here.. every 2 hours to boost my supply!!! Kinda feel like a milk cow!!

Josh has wind.. be back soon.

Hi everyone!

Having a good day today. Dh looked after Addy first thing and I went and had a facial, eyebrow wax and pedicure. Feel more like normal now!

Jess, did you look up the aust breasfeeding assoc to get some clues on your sore bbs? It would really help if you phoned their number for advice. I know there is nothing wrong with ff, but if your supply was good, then you should keep going as much as possible with bbs= like you said its free! If you do give some ff, tthen you need to express to maintain your breast milk supplies. I have heard that doing it the other way around is better- breast feed in the day then formula at night cause it helps them sleep longer cause its more 'filling' than bb milk!

Karen-, lol on the sticker over the eyeof Francis! Kids are hilarious!

Did the vacuuming before with ADdy in the sling- it put her to sleep!
    BBs sore today. But they are doing better than Tuesday still. Thank goodness she hasnt developed diarrhoea from the antibiotics.

DH is planning to go to Perth maybe for 3 weeks in March and wants us to go too.
    Has anyone heard from Mel? I hope she would like to catch up for coffee if she is around!!

Forgot to say, my big box of huggies nappies arrived this morning- less than 24 hours for delivery to the front door!! Too good!

Hi girls,

Amber decided to sleep from 10-4 again last night and then 430ish til 8. Geez I hope she keeps this up.
    We went shopping today and she slept in her baby bjorn the whole way around DFO and also slept in the car.
    We went and got some huggies infants today. The Aldi crawlers are just a tad too big for her right now. The huggies infants are so much better fitting. If she stays fitting in these I might get a big box otherwise she will be into the aldi again.
    Jess- Do what you feel comfortable with.
    Mary- Addy's first plane trip. Do it while she can be free. They only last a year before they have to pay full price.

TAsch- I am sticking to bf for now. Its not hurting me and she is putting on weight so until anything changes I will stick with it.

Carol- I like the new ticker pic of Jackson. Quite cute.

Well must go and do stuff while Amber is sleeping.

Billy Ocean Guest

Oh girls... I just wanted to say a quick hello. Been busy cleaning and stuff today and am SO tired. Mum is feeding Billy so I'm going to bed. Am so exhausted it hurts. Just caught up with me I think.

Before I go, Billy's been smiling for weeks! Not gas even. Both the MHN and midwives said so. I'll believe them...

Dammit, fingers don't work. Back in the morning after cofffffeeeeeeee!

Nighty night.
    x

ps. dunno who asked but I"m taking those Blackmores ones as well. I wanna keep taking them... makes my nails great. pmsl

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast