Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #4

God - I should be trying to get some sleep or folding some washing but I so cant be ar$ed tonight...im sitting here reading bb and eating a jar of nutella with a spoon...terrible I tell ya.

have decided that I would like to take a bit of ME back. Im going to go on a weight control plan (says she eating the nutella rofl), lose this bum and tummy that i have to tuck into my clothes and learn to shack my butt again.

Mateauz drank my bb's dry...they looked like deflated bike tubes!!!!

double post
    Last edited by JCE0810; March 1st, 2008 at 03:14 PM.

So after not BF or expressing at all yesterday my BB's are a little sore tried to take some panadol before bed but that did nothing. How does the hot facecloths work? how do i make them hot soak them in hot water or put them in the dryer? im clueless!!, might try having a shower and gentle massage them to see if i can get rid of the fullness of my bbs luckily it only takes a few days for my milk to dry up i'm not sure i could last too long like this.

Kate- Nice job on the cleaning and Nanna & BTK getting some quality time together. I was the same after my parents & sister went home to Sydney the proceeding days i felt buggered and went back to bed after the 6am feed and slept until her next feed and im still doing this now.

Maz- nutella with a spoon yummo cant say i've done it myself, the amount of nutella i have on my toast is bad enough without dipping into the jar with a spoon , nutella is actually good to eat as its made with skim milk its on the tv ad, but in saying that i dont think they expect you to be eating it with a spoon :P. I wouldnt mind getting rid of my jellybelly and toning up my thighs just havent decided how im going to go about it as yet the food i eat is pretty good already if only i could/would cut out the junk food i eat which is mostly chocolate i'd be laughing, could probably go walking with the pram but theres always stray dogs out when were driving in the car so i'd be scared that theyd attack the pram.

Jen- nice one on Amber sleeping and the trip to DFO

Mary- geez those nappies didnt take long to arrive. I'm still putting newborns on Sophie she's 4kgs now so wont be in them too much longer, we bought a box of crawlers when Woolies had the special on at the end of January/beginning of February but will definately need to buy more will check out the huggies website.

Jess- nuke the bottle for 10secs shake it squirt some on the back of your wrist and if its cold or not warm enough nuke it again.

BB's sore going back to bed.

damn double post how did that happen, doh i need more sleep

Billy Ocean Guest

Morning everyone...
    *yawn*

Billy Ocean Guest

Oh sh*t, girls, I can't catch up. I'm too tired.

Thanks for the suggestions about the nappy cream and oil for the cradle cap too. Been using olive oil on his head and it's HEAPS better. He looks like a little old man though. I hope he grows hair! pmsl

Where's Tiff gone?

Billy Ocean Guest

OK, here's a stupid question for you...

All BTK's clothes are in a set of drawers. I have socks etc in one drawer, singlets in another...

How should I sort the rest? Some doesn't fit yet so it's in the bottom. Then I have long sleeve, short sleeve then pants/tops then stuff that's just for home and cool stuff for out.

I am so strange and clearly have too much time on my hands - to add to that, I'm a Virgo and everything has to be in order.

Any suggestions?

(too much coffee - sorting drawers )

Hope you're all having a good morning so far.

x

LOL Kate, Addys lost the hair from the front of her head only- its like tennis ball fuzz with these few long stray hairs- the back of her head still has the beautiful soft newborn hair. Looks mighty strange! Cant wait to see what her hair will become.

I rearranged Addys drawers like 4 times when I brought her home, DH was getting annoyed cause everything kept being moved!!

In the cupboard I have all the sheets, towels, cloths, nappy vomy clothsetc
    In the 6 drawer tallboy, I have the clothes for everyday that fit at the top, then nice going out clothes and long sleeved next, then hats, socks and bibs, then 00 size clothes waiting to fit, then 0 and size 1 clothes waiting to fit (I got given all of them!!)

just on here quickly, i think talking about FF has made my milk lessen LOL jaylen fed about every 2 hours last night and only seemed to be swallowing for the 1st few mins and then sucking REALLY hard and not getting much... so im getting everything 4 tha bottles ready now and give him one soon, fed him at about 9 and hes crying for another feed, thank god for dummies

ONE more question, i got the slightly bigger bottles like maz said, its for 1 month old + also got one of them and a newborn one with the steralizer i bought, should i use the newborn bottles for like 6 days till hes a month old, or just start on the month old one LOL?

AND... omg i know nothing... say i wanted to make up a few bottles, put the cooled boiled water and formula in the bottle, then where do i put it, at room temperature or in the fridge?!

EDIT- read u shouldnt do that, should just make it up as u need it, k cool... going to try in a min when the water has cooled down a bit hehe
    Last edited by _JeSs_; March 1st, 2008 at 09:51 AM.

Kate- Sophies clothes are in a tallboy top draws has socks, mittens, hats and all the 0000 i'm not using at the moment, next draw is 000 all sorted into shirts/pants/wondersuits/pj's/legless suits/singlets next draw is 00 (which is the same) then 0 (same again) and then 1 (same again). When i first put everything into the tallboy i moved everything around Chris hasnt even attempted to find what i'm looking for haha. Her towels are downstairs in the dining room near where i bath her as Sophie sometimes has a habit of pooing or peeing on the towel and her blankets/singlets/legless suits/burpcloths/bibs are under the change table in the lounge room as thats where we spend most of the day.

Jess- i just wash & sterilise the bottles and then put the pre boiled water in the bottles and put them in the fridge so they are ready for the formula to be added when i need them.

kate and jo - yer thats how i have my drawers too, except i have the 00, 0 and 1's in bags cuz i have all the other drawers filled with 0000 and 000 LOL!

thanks 4 the info jo, i will do that and prob warm then in hot water, i dont trust the microwave hehe!

Hi ladies,

went to the clinic and Amy put on 340g in 9 days!! Yay!!! She's finally above what she should be weighing! only took us 7 weeks but we're finally there Am still giving a bit of breast milk whenever they feel like there is actually some in there but most of her feed is via bottle now. i'm going to try to make it to 12 weeks but that's another month....will c how we go......just a question about baby's sleeping patterns.....how's everyone going with that? Amy goes down about 8pm then wakes at bout 12am, then 3-4 then 5am....is that similar to everyone else?? i'd love her to drop the 3am feed. i'm sure if i went full formula she would but am still clinging to bf.....she doesn't seem to want to sleep after her morning feed and then will have a good sleep after her midday feed but then won't sleep after that.....what's everyone's elses bubs doing?
    Amy had a tiny bit of blood in hr poo the other day, helath nurse said it was prob from her straining even with runny poos....anyone else had that happen? she's healthy and happy otherwise....
    jess - u can make up formula in advance as long as its refrigerated and u use it within 24 hrs. It does depend on the brand though. I'm using s26 gold infant at the moment but am going to buy Karicare infant once I'm through with this tin as apparently it's the closest to breast milk that you can buy.....we'll see how we go anyway. Amy doesn't mind the s26 but if I'm going full time formula soon I want to try the Karicare....lots of people rave about Nan though....

Kate - DH and i have been trying to DTD but it's pretty uncomfortable at the mo although every time we try it gets easier.....milk hormones make you really dry (TMI sorry) so lube helps a lot.....the first time I tried I thought I was going to tear again, it was stretching uncomfortably but now it seems to be getting better.....sorry if too much info......I had a pretty bad cut so there is hope ladies....you do heal eventually! I've just separated Amy's clothes into those that fit and those that don't hehehe. All her beautiful little dresses (that don't fit yet) are hanging up....I really need to go shopping for some warmer clothes but she's in the "in between" stage between 0000 and 000. She fits newborn pumpkin patch perfectly....which is lucky we were bought a few pieces!

Maz - i'm taking some B multi vit that the naturopath put me on and fish oil capsules
    hi to everyone else! i can't keep up....
    hope you are all going ok.....isn't it hard to know whether what you're baby is doing is normal!??

nik - yer im using the nan one

just gave him a bottle, he took it strait away and seemed to like it! mesured it like it said on the tin, and hes still hungry so might give him a bit of booby lol...

Hello girls,
    Amber is still sleeping 1030-5 and then back at about 6 for a couple of hours. We have tried putting her down again and she keeps waking herself up.... She will be due for a feed if she keeps this up! Someone please tell her she needs daytime sleep as well as night time sleep.

We have introduced tummy time with her now. The first time she just floundered around. Last night she was tired as she was a bit niggly. Yesterday between 3 and 6 she wanted to feed every hour.

Maz- I never got into Nutella. My toast is normally vegemite or peanut butter and jam. In America you can buy peanut butter and jam already together.. called goober! Good for you on the healthy eating. I gotta do something about my stretch marked tummy. Mat the booby monster.

Kate- We only have a set of 3 drawers in Ambers room. The top is 2 small drawers where one side is towels and wash cloths. The other side is socks, bibs etc. The second drawer is 000 stuff. They are not very well arranged. The bottom drawer has 00 and above stuff. Again not well arranged. We may need to get a better tall boy so I can arrange stuff better. Plus I have worked out I dont have a lot of cooler weather stuff.
    At DFO yesterday we went to cotton on kids. OMG I love that shop. We got a body suit that said on the front daddy or chocolate. The back says daddy of course. And we got some pink terry towelling pants. They have a heap of cheap stuff. Kate we gotta do DFO together soon.

Jess- The couple of times we have formula topped up, Ben did the mixing. He would boil the kettle, let the water cool some, put in the bottles, add formula and swirl bottles to mix. He would then put at back of fridge. Have you told your mum yet?!

Jo- Hmmm mittens. I might need to get some of that. Amber loves to suck her hands making herself think she is hungry. Yay another excuse to go shopping. I hope my baby bonus comes through soon. How long did yours take?

Mary- Amber still has most of her newborn hair. How soft is it! She has quite a bit at the back. Her hair is a golden reddy colour. Just like her dads. It is actually a pretty colour as it isnt too bright red. Hopefully it stays that colour. She will always be fair though.

Uncle buck is on TV1 on foxtel at the moment....

Hey Nik
    Great news on the weight gain!
    Sounds like you have finally got a great regime going, and you seem so much happier too.
    I agree its so hard to know whats normal. I am constantly asking my s-i-l whether her boy did this or tthat etc!

Addy has decided that daytime sleep in no good unless I have her in the baby sling, I find it hard to get her to sleep in the daytime. She has a really unsettled period everyday in the afternoon and evening till she FINALLY goes to sleep about 10pm - sleeps 4-5 hrs (last night woke at 3am) then another 3 hrs stint usually. After her morning feed, she plays, then might catnap or occasionally a long sleep, after she wakes at lunch- I may have her only catnapping all arvo. She is def having a growth spurt at the moment though with feeding and unsettled more often!

jen - LOL yer told mum, i think shes ok with it cuz that means she might get to feed him hehe! my baby bonus took about a week, that was over a weekend too, applied 4 it on a thurs and got it the next thurs... i was getting payments b4 baby money though so maybe that makes it quicker

hmm was going to do more shopping 2day but i dont think i can be bothered jaylens bit unsettled 2day too...
    OMG bought like $70 worth of clothes for him yesterday damn good for the price though, i got 3 cotton jumpsuits, a cute as hat, a fluffy jumpsuit thing with a hood with ears on it lol, a pants and jacket set, a top and pants set AND a packet of nappies lol... and i bought a medicine set thing with a snot sucker LOL a thermometer, nail clippers ect ect... and a bottle steralizer... lol i go mad when i have money... also seen this thing at target, heats bottles up to the exact temperature it needs to be, heats breastmilk and canned baby food too, might go and get one.. u can plug it into the ciggarette lighter in the car too, so that will be quite handy

Jess- no problem for the info, if i can help someone else out by my experience i'm happy to. Do what you feel comfortable with honestly its all trial and error.

Nik- on Amy's weight gain thats awesome. With regards to sleeping patterns Sophie will have a feed for example around 6-8pm and then another feed between 10pm-12am then we go to bed and we only get up once during the night between 2-4am and it varies how long she goes sometimes 3 or 4 or 5hrs and then we get up for the morning feed between 6-8am. Usually Sophie sleeps the whole time between feeds, or i give her tummy time if she seems to be awake and it usually tires her out and she'll go to sleep. I agree its hard to know whats normal and whats not, Sophie hasnt had blood in her poo but when i was still using s26 gold formula she was straining to poo so i changed formula to Nan 1from birth and she seems alot better.

Jen- Sophie doesnt keep the mittens on her hands i've got about 4 pairs ill probably never use because as soon as i put them on she manages to get them in her mouth one at a time and pull them off little bugger. The only mittens she keeps on is the ones built onto the bonds wondersuits haha only because she cant put them in her mouth to pull off haha. My baby bonus took just under a week and that included a weekend. How long ago did you put the form in? ring centrelinks family assistance and ask them to check the progress of your claim.

The only things ive bought lately is a 4 pack of the drum things for my Nappy Wrapper, 2more 260ml bottles and a few DVD's mary poppins, alice in wonderland & the wizard of oz, so now i have TWO copies of mary poppins and its not even worth listing on ebay after you pay the fees etc.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast