Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #6

saz, nik and april, OMG ur bubs are soooo gorgeous! isnt it amazing how much they change :P jaylens going to be in 00 soon in some things, OMG...
    will have a look at everyone elses bubs later, gotta go!

VERY quiet in here, i guess everyone is busy.

Sorry i've been MIA for a few days now.

Nik- Sophie has slept through a few nights in the last week and is sleeping really good during the day. 1 morning i woke up and found her giggling and smiling in her bassinette im not sure how long shed been there like it but she was content to lay there until shed had enough and wanted her bottle. Nice one on Amy'd weight gain.

Kate- yes got the links to work (eventually) they're on the previous page. BTK & Sophie were within 72gs as of Thursday as Sophie was 4672g but the nurse at the dr's weighed her yesterday and she has cracked 5kgs ****.

Maz- i hope everything went well in Melb.

Easter was ok, Chris went Sydney Thursday afternoon to pick up a car with BIL and they didnt get back until midnight Saturday, so i spent good friday & easter saturday at SIL's & easter sunday & monday i spent with Chris & Sophie. We got Sophie a my 1st easter stuffed bunny and SIL bought her a little chocolate bunny which i dont know why she bought considering shes only 8weeks and too young for chocolate so mummy & daddy will share it.

Sophie had her immunisations yesterday and she wimpered for the 1st needle, screamed her head off for the 2nd needle and lapped up the oral stuff, she calmed down quickly and got cuddles off daddy, we had to wait around for 15mins to make sure she didnt have a reaction and we were free to go. Afterwards we went looking around to see what rentals were available and theres only crap available so were going to keep looking.

Sazz- i am in need of new bras, undies & clothes, just havent found the time to go and buy anything. Been busy buying clothes on ebay for Sophie sizes 00 & 0 as i dont have alot of those sizes. 000 are still a little big on her even though shes now 5kgs. I'm still wearing maternity bras as my BB's are still leaking every so often even though i stopped BF 4weeks ago now so im not sure what bra cup i would be, but i would say they look the same size if not a little smaller TMI. I hope you guys get a decent car soon.

Jess- woohoo for quick reply being back. Sophie is giggling/laughing and smiling all the time now when shes awake and shes ever so cheeky. I'm glad you had a good time at the speedway and that Jaylen slept through all the noise. Also glad you enjoyed yourself at your Mum's 50th.

jo - oh where is ur link to ur site, i wanna see new pics of Sophie!
    yer i bought heaps of new clothes and undies ect, was great... im so glad i went mad shopping when i was preg cuz Jaylen will be in 00 soon i think! they are big in the body but he needs them for the length and feet..
    set up the cot in my room b4 cuz hes growing out of the bassinett, ahh hope he sleeps in the cot 2night lol! he looks so small in it...

i havent been putting photos on my website because im too lazy and cant find the time, a page or 2 back in this thread i posted the 2 links to my albums of Sophie on Facebook so either click on the links or just visit my Facebook 'Joanne Bonham'. I've taken more photos but havent uploaded them as yet has been a busy few days.

I told Chris i NEED to go clothes shopping for myself and so far i havent he asked me why and i said because i'm not the size 12/14 i use to be OMG size 12 those were the days . I'm probably still a 14 just NOTHING fits.

Enough whinging from me i'm off to eat some chocolate

ok will look later jo!

omg i know nothing fits me now either.. need to start exercising.. myt get mum to look after bubby while i go to the gym a few times a week!

well better go, jaylen keeps spittin out his dummy and crying lol, done it about 10 times in tha last 30 mins hah

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, walking is great, take Jaylen in the stroller, good to get excess KG's off! I'm currently on my second week of Weight Watchers, only 10 weeks to go to get to goal weight. Baby weight is soooooooo hard to get off! I tried on a size 12 skirt the other day and it fit! I so want to be a size 10 though!!!

Hi to everyone else...hope you all had a good Easter, we did...but only DP was eating chocolate

xx

Took Celeste to the indoor pool today! She loved it which I knew she would as she looooves her baths. Her little swim nappy arrived in the post this morning just in time. It is so small and cute! Purple of course!! lol. The baby session goes for 45mins but 25mins was enough for her as she started to get cold. She was so relaxed that she even let me wrap her after I got her dressed to keep her warm and she NEVER lets me wrap her! Will have to go regularly I think. She let me put her face under briefly too.

You girls are making me jealous with all your talk of size 10/12... havent been that size for a loooon time. I will just be happy to be less wobbly and less of a belly. Also the back fat can rack off soon too! hahahahaha

So cute that Sophie was amusing herself in bed Jo. Very happy in there which is great. Celeste sometimes is like that if I put her into bed while I chook around in her room and then go out. I go in 20mins later to find her still talking to herself instead of sleeping. Mind you, in the evenings she wont sleep in there at all. It is beginning to become a problem. She wants to be held all evening. Hope that wears off soon.

Going to check out the spunky new pics of Jaylen now...

s361768 Guest

Hello Everyone,

I have been very busy with uni - postgraduate coursework is pretty full on.

My friends baby passed away - which was extremely upsetting. So I have barely even felt a desire to do uni stuff let alone get online.

I hope everyone is doing well. Francis is a bit refluxy and I am comfort feeding throughout the night, I am going to take him to the GP tomorrow to get him onto the zantac. I don''t feel he needs it throughout the day - but more throughout the night when he is laying down. He seems to gag more and posets (sp?) more during the night, I wonder whether the attachment problems are related to this? Anyway nothing compared to my first son - who screamed the house down after every feed and never slept After gettting through his early childhood I feel now that I am fairing pretty well in comparison.

Francis is 00 now in the bonds rompers - there is a discrepancy between the bonds and other baby brands of clothes so he is still wearing 000 in clothes other than bonds, at least I know he is putting on weight!!!

Well I hope to get on here soon and post again

If anyone would like to get together for a drink and lunch that would be great. Carol we live within proximity so if you would like to meet up at Mt Ommaney for a drink let me know.

Thank you Mary for lunch - sorry I have not been online, it was great meeting you even though it was cut short. My son had an throat and ear infection so it was lucky that I picked him up and whisked him to the doctor.

Hugs Everyone

OH Jess, he is so cute!
    I love the one of him laughing with his tongue out... and the one peeking out from under the sheet. Awwww.

~Belinda~ Guest

Karen, it's so good to see you back, sorry to hear of your friends baby passing away, how awful that must have been

Well, Madeleine is now in "00" clothes too but ALL clothes (I am glad Francis is putting on weight, good stuff)! It's not so good to hear Francis has reflux, good luck at the docs.

thats sad karen i think it would be the WORST thing losing a baby

LOL thanks sazz, yer he was playing with me that day i took the pic under the sheets, he was hiding then taking it off, then bringing it back up, so cute! Yer he gets so excited when he smiles!

bindy, jaylen is in 00 in the bonds jumpsuits but mostly 000 in everything else... still got a few best and less 0000s that fit him, them ones that come with the nice hangers are always 1 size bigger!

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, yes, it hit me one day and I realised I had no "00" clothes so went shopping for heaps at Target, got 5 outfits and 9 singlets for only $50! They had a massive sale on and some clothes were $29.95 reduced to only $3!

I just got 6 huge garbage bags of hand me down clothes from a friend (for 2 bottles of red) and they are awesome! Some of them haven't even been worn!!! So I have Madeleine's clothes ready for when she goes into "0" and then have some "1" clothes too. I'm a very organised Mummy....lol

Madeleine is also outgrowing her "CRAWLER" nappies (Huggies) so we're buying "TODDLER" now....OMG, little chubber...

BTW, Jaylen is very cute...

Hi everyone!

Back from Perth and Addy has been very unsettled. I think a combination of travel, change of routine, weather etc her reflux has been getting worse so we saw the paediatrician this morning and started losec today. She also had her immunistaions yesterday. All in all its qute tiring and she is a lot of work at the moment. Have been eyeing up those swings on ebay cause I hear they are so good for reflux bubs, and it would be nice to have more hands free time at home.

So hi to everyone!

Karen, thats terrible to hear of your friends child passing away, its so difficult to know what to say or do to support them. Will arrange another catch up when Addy is a little more settled. Hope the reflux meds are good for Frankie too!

Better go and get some sleep, she is down at last (has hardly slept all day)

Maryx

Billy Ocean Guest

Hey ladies and bubs!

OK, Sazz, who's a size 10/12? pmsl I don't think I've been that size since grade 6!

Karen, that's very sad to hear about your friend's child. I used to hear stories like that and think how sad it was but it upsets me so much more now. I guess that's normal. How awful.

Jess, awesome pics of Jaylen on your website! Glad you had fun at your Mum's party too. Can't believe Jaylen slept at the speedway!!! Classic.

Mary, welcome back. Glad you had a good holiday. I'm sure Addy will settle down. Poor thing. Travel is tiring for everyone.

Bindy, that's great about all the clothes! I'm pretty organised here too. It drives me nuts if I'm not. Madeleine is out of the crawler nappies already? Billy is in Infant ones. I don't know what's next. He's long and skinny. Gorgeous little man.

Jo, I didn't realise BTK and Sophie were so close in weight. I was meant to have him weighed yesterday but was too tired to go. Will go tomorrow and see if he's cracked the 5kg mark yet.

Nik, feels good getting the house tidied up hey? I can't believe Amy slept through the vacuuming! pmsl!

Billy's been funny with his feeding over the past week or so. He just won't drink his morning bottles. Only has about 80 - 100ml out of them. I then realised this morning that maybe the teats are TOO slow now (god help me I'm so sick of trying different teats) so I'll try a faster one next feed and see if he's better on that now. At first they were too fast. Who knows!

Billy had his vaccinations yesterday. The nurse and my dr did them both at the same time so it was all over pretty quickly. He screamed for about 15 seconds then stopped. I cried. What a sook.

Um, what else can I tell you all? OK, time to fess up... Michael and I have been seeing each other. I've told a couple of people and nobody has yelled at me so far, which is nice. Things are going really well but just taking it VERY slowly. Billy and I are quite happy where we are so nobody's moving anywhere just yet. It's very nice to have him around, for Billy especially. I realised just how much of an impact pregnancy hormones had on my feelings towards him and that's probably why I pushed him away in the first place. However, his behaviour has been less than wonderful and he has admitted that. We'll just see what happens.

I've just emailed my local gym to find out some prices etc. I feel so disgusting. There's no way I'll ever get to a size 12 but as long as I'm fit and happy, that would be nice. I owe it to Billy to be healthy and to be able to do things with him and to keep up with him too!

Well, I know I've missed people here. Sorry. I hope to be on here a bit more now. Don't know what happened over the past couple of weeks. I've just been really, really tired. Oh, have to have blood tests because of that too. Dr says that they need to check due to all the blood I lost during the delivery. Maybe I'm low on iron or something. We'll see.

Well, going to make up some bottles and see how he goes with a faster teat.

Back later.

Love to all.
    x

Jess: I've been going to the gym too about twice a week, my mum has been minding Bodie in the mornings. Have also been going for an hour walk every other day. Not weekends though, there chill out days hehe. It definately doesn't make you as tired and you've got more energy.

Mary: Welcome back! Hope Addy gets back into a routine at home and is more settled for you. I've heard those slings are pretty good.

Sazz: That would of been fun taking Celeste to the pool. I can't wait to take Bodie. We have a pool ourselves but it just hasn't been that hot this summer. I brought him those huggies swimmer nappies with nemo on them... so cute.

Karen: Sorry to hear of the terrible news. That must of been such a terrible time for them and for you as a friend. I couldn't think of anything worse. *hugs*
    Isn't it weird how Bonds clothes are alot smaller in size than other brands. Bodie's into Bonds 00 too.

Jo: Bodie was the same with his needles too. Winged for the 1st one then screamed on the 2nd. Poor bubba's. Oh well they have to be done hey.

Anyways better go, going to put a pic up of Bodie on my ticker. OMG just realised it says Bodie is 3 months!!! It's gone soooooo fast.

There's only 4 weeks until DF & I get married!!! Arrrgh

April & Bodie xo

~Belinda~ Guest

Kate, Madeleine was out of Infant ones ages ago, she's a chubba alright! After Infant there is Crawler and then Toddler...it's hard when they get vaccinated isn't it? I hate it when they cry hope he's doing ok.

Apes, good stuff on the walking! It's the best.

Billy Ocean Guest

Bindy, right, I've got those nappies sorted now! ha ha! Billy won't be far off the next one's up, I'm sure! He's a bit grumpy today but that's cool. He's sleeping a lot but I think he was overtired before the needles so we'll see how he is tomorrow. Yes, it's not nice watching them go through that. Poor little things.

Long sleeps to all tonight.

x

~Belinda~ Guest

Kate, Madeleine was a little unsettled for a couple of days but wasn't too drastic, I gave her some panadol when she got home and before bed that night, she was fine. I hope Billy doesn't get too grumpy for you. Goodnight xx

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast