Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #3

AWWW Jo how gorgeous of kALEB SAYING fREYA!! OOPs hit the caps lol. Well the lump disapeared, I thought it was a muscle thing, tank goodness, the pain was gone by saturday morning. I know the exercise you mean I am going to give it a go. But my really good news is I won 2nd prize in the netball raffle, a 3 mth gym membership YAY so hopefully they can help me fix myself up, lol can't go faling apart now, cos I have so much to do lol I did a scrapbooking demo on SUnday so that was exciting.

Michelle- hope Lani's party is cool, ahh our babies are almost big aren't they. I LOL at our girls being so similar in every way.

Gotta go eat I am starving, arron is fishing so may get back later
    hugs

Still here ladies ... just really quiet, which is strange for me. Life is as hectic as always, especially with work and running around after the kids.

I have pretty much decided that we won't have anymore kids ... I am sad about it but I am really struggling to cope with the three I have, so I guess I will have to be happy with our lot!

Better go ... need some sleep another busy day at work tomorrow.

Cheers

mooshie Guest

hi girls

just back from health centre for lani's 2 yr old check and all doing well she is 11.8kgs with clothes on so i am guessing that is okay nearly 2kgs gain in around 6mths. she is also 89cms tall so looks like she is going to be long and lean like her brother.

not much else going on around here, just getting busy preparing for the family party, so i guess most of the week i will be cleaning.

kelly - its such a hard decision regarding whether to have any more or not. i would love another one hoewver as lani is reaching 2 and i am nearing 38 yrs old i am thinking it is just about time to hang up the babymaking factory, dunno yet i guess we will just keep up without using protection having said that tho i don't think i could really have a "surprise" baby in a few years, i honestly don't think i would have the staminia.

michelle - yes our girls are alike at least your jessica seems to eat food, i think lani lives on air lol ah well she is going great guns with everything else.

must go as i said heaps to do so little time, hi to all hpoe you are all well

Hey Michelle- I am alwasy sending babydust your way,hoping it will just happen. Lani is heaps taller than Jess and also heavier lol the weight gain for Jess in the last 6 mths was 70gms so sounds good to me lol, she mustn't need food to grow lol I think Jess burns up her food as she is eating it.

Kelly- good to hear from you, it is hard working FT and having the kids too isn't it. It is a hard decision when to stop isn't it. Arron has booked his vasectomy for 10th October. I am happy and sad about it, means that we have finally decided that we are done, which I am sure is what I want but it is a final thing. Means though I can gt off the pill and we won't have to stress anymore about protection.

well Gymnastics today, then visited my old work and came home, tea was late and I am feeling very tired. Kids are all in pjs ready for bed, and I feel like doing that too lol. my back is sore and I need to rest lol, but I also need to sew and make a design catalogue lol. Never ends really.
    I am having lunch tomorrow with an old school friend who I haven't seen for about 16yrs, can't wait
    have a good one

am reading but never seem to find the time to make a decent post these days ... sorry girls... just too much packing up to do over the next 2 weeks (aaaaaaaarg) and then I always get sidetracked... like this morning I found some photos from Wolf's christening and decided to best put them in the album before I lose them again ... oh and then... well... suddenly it's 3 hours later and the box is still not packed and I am looking at baby photos instead ... doh!

I am also back at doing sport. I ran 3 times last week and am hoping to crank it up to 5 times a week. Also want to do Yoga again when I'm back in Oz .. but when you have a crap night like I did last night (Wolf woke at 1:30, then Zara at 4, then Wolf awake from 4:45 to 5:30), you don't have much energy for anything else... with or without nanny. I am just glad I have the nanny as I have no idea how the hell I would pack up our household while looking after my crazy munchkins. And Zara is such a handful!!! She never naps for more than 15 mins and you actually need one person (=me) just for her, while our nanny is out with Wolf.

Anyway... as to more kids... yes.. sometime.. but not before Wolf goes to kindy!!!

Snowy

Hi everyone, just want to say Happy Birthday! to Lani and Jess. Can't believe it's been 2 years since we all had our babies!

hey Bon time flies doesn't it!! You are inh the home stretch for your pg which must feel good.
    And you don't have to tell me, my eldest turned 12 yesterday, and she is just so grownup this year, like teenagerism hits early lol. She got an ipod nano off us and has constantly had it in her ear so when you talk to her she can't hear...convenient lol.

Jess just geta cuter everyday, she kept telling everyone last night it was her bday lol and then blew out jordans candles bf she could

I am planning to cut material today, arron has taken joshua fishing in the boat for the first time so I am a bit nervous about that. And I have to drop over mums later. Have not been to the gym yesterday or today but planning to go tomorrow sometime.

Hope you are all having a great weekend
    hugs

I just watched Steve Irwin's memorial service now I feel sad! When John Williamson sang True Blue I got all teary so the kids climbed on my lap and gave me cuddles! And seeing Terri Irwin look so upset...I blame the pg hormones. They didn't know what was happening - Harry just thought it was another Steve Irwin show, but he liked seeing Anthony from the wiggles and all the animals.

Well I am in the home stretch of this pg now, looking forward to having the baby but also nervous, anxious etc about the labour and then the prospect of having 3 kids!

I can't believe Grace is nearly two... she is getting more grown up every day but she is still my baby. Well that won't be for much longer, as I will have a new baby quite literally, but I will still see her as my baby. I still see Harry as my baby, he hates it when I sometimes call him baby - he says "Mummy I am not a baby I am a boy!" Oops sorry! This is definitely our last, I think 3 is a nice number of kids to have, but I know that in a few years time it is going to be hard to resist those feelings. Stephen knows I will be like that - he keeps emphasising the fact that this is our LAST. Yes dear, I know that.

I just hope we have no issues with jealousy from Grace. We didn't with Harry when I had her, he seemed to take it in his stride, but she is a different personality to him. Well, we'll see I guess!

Hi Bon
    it was so sad wasn't it and I know that most epople thnk John Williamson is daggy but I reay love how australian he is. I only caught the end of the service, saw his daughter talk, she is an amazing little girl. When they showed the pics of him and his kids and terri I was a bit teary too, it is such a sad sad thing, a shame really. Just shows the fact that life is fragile.

Wow on you being not far off, Jemma was 19mths when I had Jess and I was amazed at how she seemed to grow up over night, I am sure you saw the same thing with Harry. I am sure all will be fine, there is always some jealousy.

Hugs to everyone, I hope you are all well, it is quiet atm, everyone must be busy. It is school hols in Vic, what about the other states? Only day 3 lol will be glad whne kids are back at school lol

Hi everyone, soryy for being such a slacker lately. I've been reading but never seem to post.
    My big news is that Yasin made his first sentence this morning! Just a couple of months ago I was worrying because he had hardly any words at all and now he has a sentence!!! The sentence was "I do poo" LMAO. It was actually a fart LOL but I was still impressed by his grasp of the concept. Maybe I'll be able to TT this summer - fingers crossed.
    I saw a bit of the Steve Irwin funeral because Yasin turned the TV. I really feel for Terri with 2 kids to raise on her own.
    Imran is on my lap and he's getting bored so I'd better entertain him.

Hmm..i never seem to get notifications for this thread!

Lily is doing well. Acting very grown up most of the time. Likes to help out heaps. Also the other day she learned how to put her gumboots on by herself! So proud of her. She is turning into a very girly-girl. Loves me doing her hair, playing with my make-up, wearing my shoes. I also think she knows what a baby is. We bought her one of those baby born dolls a few months ago and she goes everywhere with it, saying bubby-bubby. Whenever she sees a real baby, she says bubby-bubby, so cute. Her words are coming along nicely too. She can now say, mum, dad, bubby, puppy, tickle, hello, bye-bye, me, mine. Also says dubby, but we still don't know what that is! We've started toilet training too. Got one of those little seats that goes ontop of the normal toilet seat. We sit her on it before bath every day. No action yet, but she seems to enjoy herself on it! Not long to go until #2 arrives either, only 3 weeks until EDD! Getting loads of preassure and braxton hicks and hes engaged, so hopfully i wont go over this time.

Wow Tegan only 3 weeks to go! Hope you are managing to take it easy, I know how hard those last weeks can be. I am feeling over this pg already and I am only 31 weeks! Lily sounds so cute. Grace likes her baby doll too and she loves wearing my shoes and using all my toiletries. She watches me rub cream into my belly after a shower and she has to do it too.

Dach - LMAO at Yasin's first sentence! That is a great story to embarrass him with when he is older!

Michelle - You are right, everything will probably be fine after the baby comes, Grace will probably enjoy being a big sister and she does love babies so the biggest issue will probably be her wanting to 'help' mummy or 'play' with her sister!

Anyway it is definitely time for me to get off this computer!

Awesome first sentence, DAsch! Wolf does that sometimes too... also annouces or explains other bowel movement ("Fart!"). Today we went to this really nice furniture place and I plonked him on the counter to get out my handbag and he let one rip and looked at the gay guy behind the counter and went "Wolf fart!" - he did not look impressed but I was almost ****ing myself laughing...

Wow - Tegan, I can't believe it's only 20 days until your EDD!! Where has time gone?

I saw Bindi speak on the smh website and it made me all teary.

Oh - before I forget - great news!! Wolf is FINALLY getting more teeth!! (he had only 6 before) he is getting another tooth at the bottom front (=no.3) and 2 molars either side. After waiting for like 10 months for some more teeth, it's such a relief that he is getting them (my mom had me all worried with weird kiddie teeth stories - kids with no baby teeth, kids with no second teeth, you name it...)

Wolf can count to three in both German and English (after that he gets a bit mixed up, both language wise and order wise, lol, so cute) but still gets colours totally mixed up. He will see a red car and go "Blue Mini" (brand is right, colour wrong). he can tell a Mercedes from a BMW, smart car from a mini ... it's so funny. Such a boy thing, huh? but then again he LOVES handbags. He keeps on snatchin our nanny's handbag and dangles it from his elbow - it's such a funny sight. I think DH is mortified. I am kinda tempted to buy Wolf a kiddie handbag just to freak our hubbie . He also seems to like Barbie... does anyone remember the Friends' episode where Ross flips when his son has a Barbie? I asked DH what he would do. He said "My son is not getting a Barbie!" ... are all males like that? Is that such a bad thing? A girl is alowed to play with cars, why can't boys play with dolls/handbags?
    Oh well... instead Wolf pushes his Tiger around in his stroller and feeds him rice and cake (imaginary and real). He is so cute with all his stuffed animals. We have a lot of teaparties ... and I keep finding rice cake bits in our near stuffed animals mouths. It seems nurturing is not just a girl's thing.
    I actually love having such a gentle, caring boy.
    Tiger is going everywhere with him at the moment. Today Tiger had to look at everything and try everything that Wolf did. He would lift up the Tiger and point him at things that he thought were interesting and go "Look, Tiger, BMW"
    Recently he refuses to get into the stroller, so our walks are not getting anywhere anymore unless I (or DH) carry him. It's a bit frustrating but it beats the hell out of going down the high street with a SCREAMING toddler in your stroller. The other day BOTH of them were screaming (I think Zara just decided something had to be wrong if her big brother is screaming) and I was soooooooo mortified. It's hard to keep your calm with 2 screaming kids, isn't it...

MOnday the removalist is coming and packing the "non essentials" ... I wonder what they think is essential... hoping we are not left with just our beds, 2 undies, one knife and a glass at the end of the day... I am packing all the "personal" stuff, so have been sorting through sooooooooo much stuff (and been throwing out clothes left right and centre). It's a really nice and cleansing exercise actually... you accumulate so much stuff in just a year... and I have had so many really gungy clothes... time for those to go... they are so yucky I don't think I can even donate them... *blush* - scary to think I still wore a few of them...

Snowy

Hi all

I can't remember what I posted last time but it has been ages since I posted!

ASha is now pretty much TT! She wears knickers all day except for sleeps but hasn't quite got the poo in the toilet thing happening just yet!

She is growing up way to quickly. She loves to sing and will happily sing all day. She often asks "what should I sing now Mum?" and the range of songs grows each day her favourites are

Mary had a little lamb
    1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive
    Humpty Dumpty
    The alphabet
    Incy wincy spider
    3 cheeky monkeys
    Happy birthday
    5 fat sausages
    Download this song (LOL it so funny she only knows the chorus and when it is on the radio she goes mad and dances like there is no tomorrow!!!)
    Twinkle Twinkle

She loves to dance so I think we will go to dancing lessons next year. Will see if I can fit it in with everything else!

After dinner tonight the kids were asking what their names would have been if the were opposites ... Emma would have been Samuel, Jack would have been Asha and Asha would have been Seth ... so for about an hour Asha was talking about Jack is a boy, Emma is a girl, I'm a little sister, Emma is a big sister, Jack is a big brother. Then she started saying she was a little brother and that her name was Seth. We asked her what her name was and she said Seth and then asked her if she was a girl or a boy and she said boy. She got upset if we said she was a girl and wouldn't talk to anyone if they called her Asha!

She is such a monkey ... but growing up way to quickly.

Tegan ... good luck with everything ... not long to go now for you.

Christy ... hope things are going well for you all too.

Snowy ... YAY for Wolf getting more teeth. Asha loves farts LOL they always make her laugh and then she looks at us and with a huge smile on her face says pardon me and then laughs. When anyone elses farts she is happy to announce it to the world!!!

Bon ... not long for you either ... wow all these new babies to be excited about! I will be living vicariously through all of you!!!

Chloe ... great to hear that the language is developing. It is so great once they can tell you what is going on in their heads!!! Happy to swap though you can have Asha who never seems to shut up LOL!!!

Michelle ... we have one more week of school before we start holidays and then I have two wonderful glorious weeks off work ... Em & Jack are off to their Dad's on the 1st Thursday and won't be back until the last Friday. Asha will miss them but I will be happy to not have the constant fighting that seems to be escalating of late. Hope your holidays aren't too bad!

Ok well it is now 12.37am here and I guess I should head to bed and get some sleep before Miss Asha decides it is time to start the day. I have very little voice left after screaming at my TV this afternoon watching my beloved Crows lose to the Weagles. Shame I have to go to work this week ... have to put up with a week of people rubbing it in my face!!!! Oh well ... GO THE SWANIES!!!!

Cheers

Hi girls
    wow a rush of posts.
    Snowy- hope the removalist goes well, lol at both screaming it is very hard to keep calm. Yay for wolf's teeth and I was pmsl at the fart too.

Kelly- bad luck bout the crows, but hols very soon. IKWYM bout the fighting it can drive you crazy can't it? Asha's singing sounds gorgeous. Jess sings the fifi song and also she loves twinkle too.

Dasch- what a clever boy with his first sentence, I agree def one to bring up at special occasions lol

Tegan- so close hope you get lucky and your little man comes early

BOn- that last part can drag can't it hope you are getting some rest it can be hard with other kids.

nothing to report here, hope CHristy, Jo, Michelle and Jessica are well

Hi everyone

Well I had a bit of a shocker of a weekend. On Friday at lunchtime Grace suddenly started vomiting and pretty much didn't stop after that - she couldn't even keep water down. She started going very pale and was lethargic so it was off to emergency for us. She got seen pretty quickly and she ended up with a drip in for fluids and an overnight stay on the kids ward. It was a case of gastro, so no nasty blood infections or anything, but it hit her really hard, poor thing. She just went downhill so fast. I had noticed she was a bit off in the morning but she was still playing and eating so I thought she must have just been coming down with a cold or something, but then the vomiting started.

In the morning she was well enough to come home, which was good. She is better now - she has had a bit of diarhhoea which I was told to expect and she still hasn't got her appetite back but she is getting back to her normal self. There must be something going around as at emergency there were three other young kids with the same thing. Harry and me are unlikely to get it now - if we were going to we would have got it by now, but I still have no idea how Grace got it. They did find a very small amount of bacteria or something in her blood test but as she is on the mend they are not concerned as it could just be a contaminent in the blood test. And she did have a big dose of antibiotics at the hospital, just in case.

Poor darling she was very brave at the hospital. It's amazing how kids take things in their stride. It's funny, at the hospital the kids ward is right next door to the birthing suite and maternity ward, so as I was dozing off to sleep on Friday night I thought to myself, well if bubba wants to come now then I am in the right place! She chose not to though which is good!

Oh Bon how awful for poor Grace, hope she is all better tomorrow, little ones can be hit hard with gastro, I know that when it went through all of mine the worst was Jess and she is so tiny she def can't afford to lose weight.

I am having a stressed out day today, slept late so kids were late for the pool by half an hour and then kept looking around at the house and praying for the bloody cleaning fairy cos I have so much to do and can't seem to get it done.

Also Jess has been very naughty, scraeaming all the time, cos I think she is tired, out of whack cos school holidays means they don't go to bed on time and Jemma is very sooky too. Arron has booted off fishing which made it worse and that also means I won't be able to go to the gym as Iplanned cos no one to mind the kids, really ****s me cos he does whatever and I have to wait on him to do things. Anyway josh is at a friends and their dd is here so it is an all girls house. I spent yesterday arvo cutting material for santa sacks and m coming to the end of practicing my xmas designs. And a gf has reminded me it is 91 sleeps till xmas whicxh is a bit stressful as no shopping has been done here yet. And then Arron asks me to book him flights for a fishing trip to darwin, which I told him is not on as otherwise we will not be at his brothers wedding. Some men are so selfish and have no idea bout money. I think I should hand all the bills to him and tell him to pay them and also do all the xmas shopping as wel, then see how stressed he is.

Hope all of you are well
    Michelle

Bon - sorry to hear about Grace ... I had to pick Asha up from daycare early today as she has had the runs! Got her home and she said "I got smelly poos Mum" and when I checked her nappy there was a very yellow nugget in her nappy. Oh well work has organised someone for tomorrow so a day off it is for me!!! YAY! She could probably do with a day home anyway. The kids will enjoy not having to race around in the morning.

Better go have to amke sure the kids get to basketball on time.

Cheers

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast