Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2004

Wow, we must have been bit by the cleaning bug this weekend. I did the Linen cupboard and it was not fun. We actually don't have enough room to put everything so i was trying to sort though the stuff thats worn etc. I did find a set of towels DH Aunty gave as a wedding present and I hadn't even taken the tags off yet!

Paige has got the lumps on her gums but hasn't started to get her eye teeth yet. Not looking forward to it either. All 3 of my kids have gotten diarorhea when they teeth and its not good.

We had our first fight over clothes this morning. I wanted Paige to wear a jumpsuit, but she crossed her arms and stiffened up so I couldn't get it on her. When I asked if she just wanted a singlet, she nods yes and was most cooperative. Very cute tanti though.

Very cute sherie!!!

Matilda's tantrums are always associated with not getting her own way, but its always dangerous things...like if I won't let her climb up the oven to watch me prepare food (surprise) I bring her chair over and tell her to climb up that and watch & she throws herself off the chair screaming, so I walk away and she's back on the oven jumping up & down so I have to take her off & distract her and then she's trying to pull the dogs ear off so I have to say "no" again... I just need to find something that is worthwhile enough for her to stop tantrums

The last few days have been better, and she's been happier with DH, so hopefully we've turned a corner...hopefully... tonight she still flipped out when I tried to make dinner, even with getting her to help (I give her a butter knife & a carrot) but that didn't work tonight, so I had to wait until DH got home to take her outside to play with the dogs and I could cook dinner.

Called in to say Hi!

Off to bed ... just finsihed my school work at midnight!!!! WA time!

Call back later in the week to post more.

Cheers

Christy, have sent you an email to add Paiges details to the front page.

Thanks Sherie I'm sorry its taken a while to do it I'll do it now...

Well things are going well this side of things, how is everybody?

I had yesterday & today off work so we had playgroup & then we hung around the house because MAtilda started getting sniffy, today we stayed around the house & went for a walk to check out some neighbours flowers and then into the city to pick up DH from work because the trains weren't going.... grrrrr....

Yeah, things are good here too, would be better if we stopped having these 40 degree days. It has been 40 or over all week and the other night it stayed at aournd 30 degrees all night. The girls had a swim today while they were at my friends house and are now really tired from all the swimming. Paige has been in bed since 7pm, but she didn't have her full arvo sleep today.

Yesterday was also a milestone for Paige, she said Dad for the first time. She doesn't have any other words yet, but can make the animal noises and stuff. I think Dh was secretly glowing inside because the other 2 said Dad first and mum second, but Paige said mum first. I actually don't know if I should be worried about her yet, but I compare her to the other two who both spoke really early.

Asha has jsut finished her first week of full time day care (not to mention me who has just finished her first week of full time work!!!) and she has coped really well. I have missed her the last 2 days as I am used to us being together on Thursday & Friday but I think we will do ok! She loves day care and the ladies who look after her think she is something pretty special. They tell me she talks more than some of the kids in the toddler room but that doesn't surprise me! She is speaking really clearly and is starting to put two words together and is like a little parrot and copies anything you say to her. She is always busy and loves to get into things she shouldnt but then again the other two have been the same! Tonight she got the super glue out of Ryan's draw and opened it :shock: She almost had her hands stuck together but I found her in time to stop that from happening.

As I mentioned I am back at work full time ... I am very tired tonight so will keep this short and apologise or not doing personals. I will try and get back on the weekend to do those.

Cheers

Kelly, good to hear that Asha has settled into daycare. I think thats the biggest worry returning-to-work mums have.

Hiya girls

Been busy in here

Kelly that is fantastic that Asha enjoyed childcare, and i could only imagine how tired you are after a full week back to full time work

YAY to Paige for saying Dad. Sherie I think you emailed me your details for paige too but for the life of me I couldn't find them again LMAO but I remember seeing them. 8-[

Not much is going on in Lachlan world, cept he decided to stick his hand into a dirty nappy today and then wipe it on my leg nothing like getting mum's attention while chatting to Aunty Christy Usually it is Matlida up to no good.

I have him walking to and from Kindy twice a week too. Starting to get him road savvy, and he is doing pretty well with it although walking to kindy takes twice as long on those days and today on the way home from dropping Kam off he had to stop and watch a garbage truck go by and he picks up white stones from someones driveway and puts them back into their garden where the white stones came from

Love

PMSL at Lachlan and the Poo Kathryn that is pay back for talking that's for sure. Gotta love him helping those peole with the stone removal LOL

Hope you girls are all well.

Kelly are you back at work FT now? Glad Asha is having fun at day care. What sort of care is she in?

Cheers michelle

Michelle ... have had to return to work to pay off some of these bills!!! Asha goes to a day care centre which is brand new (only been open since Oct last year!). She just loves it ... she gets so much interaction with all sorts of people. The scary part is that she went for her first visit to the toddlers this afternoon! I stomped my feet and said now it is too soon, she is still my baby (all in jest of course). She LOVED it! Only 4 more months and she will be there full time so lots more visits for her from now on.

Asha is going great guns and doesn't stop talking. She has however been attacked by mossies again and has huge welts all over! She got bitten on the ear and now has a swollen red ear. The girls at day care know about it but it looks so bad!!!

Work has been tiring ... let me explain! I am teaching a class of Kindy/ PrePrimary (3, 4 & 5 yr olds) I have one group of Kindys on Mon, Tues and a different group of kindys on Thurs, Fri. then Mon to Fri I have a group of PrePrimary kids. I have 3 children from Sudan, 1 from Sri Lanka, 1 from Afghanistan and 1 from China (all ESL students). I have a new boy starting on Thursday who is Autistic and I dont know much about him so hopefully I will get some more information tomorrow. I only have a small class but it is a lot of hard work, especially having all the ESL students ... the most I have ever had in one class!!! One of the boys form Sudan is a whirlwind ... has to push every button he can see and managed to get me locked out of the network today!!!

Kathryn ... so cute about Lachlan and the stones. Wish my two would do that with anything!!!!

Hi to everyone else ... I feel so bad about not posting often but things are a little hectic as you can imagine, once I get into the swng of things again I should be able to post more often.

Cheers
    Better go my kids are suposed to be in bed asleep and I can hear them in the lounge still watching foxtel!!!

Kathryn - So funny about the poo!

Kelly - What an amazing job you have. You will probably learn as much from them as they will from you.

Paige has a pet Huntsman Spider. He has been in the house for about 3wks now (I don't mind them much) and he is now in the girls room at the top of the wall near Paiges bed (we have 12ft ceilings so I'm not worried). She talks (gibberish mind you!) to him every morning when she wakes up. It is really cute and through the day she will make you go in there so she can show you. Might have a tomboy on my hands...

Hi girls,

Can't do huge personals - still feeling pretty [email protected] with this M/S can't wait for it to buggar off! Plus have been pretty busy.

Shynelle is doing freat though, she's talking heaps and putting sentences together it's freaking me out but the girls from her day care said not to judge this new bub on her cause she's talking way ahead of her time like a 3 year old!

Better go got heaps to do.

Talk soon
    xxdd

dd - know what you mean about comparing kids and their talking. Lindsay and Erin were early talkers and now I compare Paige to them all the time because she is slower to talk and worry that something is wrong with her.

LOL at Lachlan!! Kathryn last night Matilda came into the bathroom for her bath & pulled her nappy off, I have never jumped so quickly to make sure there was no poo there LOL

Matilda's an early talker as well...must be the girl thing. I have had friends say their 2 year olds are talking like her & I have to remind them not to compare because I'm sure if we have another they won't be the same LOL

Sherie, my niece didn't hardly say anything at all until after she was three and her mum thought she was slow or something and was ready to take her to see someome and all of a sudden out with the words she came. We reckon it was cause she didn't need to speak her older brother and sister did all the talking for her. We've since found out that's very normal with kids with older siblings so I wouldn't be worrying if I were you cause Roxy's 11 now and we call her the "OC" cause she's right up with all the gossip on her older brother and sis and she doesn't stop talkin' so I'm sure Paige will be fine you've got quite abit of time before you really need to be concerned. A guy in my office has a daughter 4 days older than Shynelle and she just says Dad and occassionally mum but understands everything and mainly groans or grunts with pointed finger to get what she wants so they're all very different.

Christy, LOL to Matilda taking the nappy off - Shynelle does this too and did it at my mums and threw it all these little pebbles went flying across the room and with mum and I shreking "ARGHHHHH!" - Shynelle thought it was hilourious which it was after we found all of her little deposit's!

xxdd

The poo stories crack me up, I won't incriminate my children, but 2 of them have eaten poo!!! * I hear some people vomiting LOL* Arron vomited too, and of course I had to do the clean up, would you believe it was Arrons fault cos he let them run around without pants and it was poo time.

Kelly- sounds very challenging esp with the ESL kids. Asha sounds like she LOVES creche so that is good.

As for talking kids, Jordan being the eldest and a girl, plus only grandchild was always around adults and was a phenomenal talker. Josh was much slower, very smart but just didn't need to talk as Jordan did it for him. Jemma talks like a 4 year old and is very clever too, I am actually amazed at the things she knows. Jess seems to be a bit like Josh but is now parroting and is 17mths so I guess all kids are different.

Sherie- AAARGH!! at the huntsman, I couldn't leave it there in case it crawled down in the night and got on the kids. I am not totally aracnophobic, but Arron is. Unfortunately any spider which dares to venture in our house is a statistic.

Christy- you are right about the comparing, it isn't a good thing to do, but I think it is human nature and we really can't help ourselves. I have never worried about the talking, I was more concerned about eating differences with Jess and the other 3 than the talking. I know eventually the talking will start up and then knowing my kids they will nbever shut up LOL. Eldest children and esp girls do seem to be the best and earliest talkers though from my experience.

Cheers girls
    Mcihelle

dd- PMSL at the pebbles, and Shynelle seems so grown up already. MS is a good sign for youu, although I am sure you'd rather do without it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast