Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

Case - Bella has had two bottom teeth visable since 6wks..... They have not come through the gum, but they are sitting just below the surface. Luckily they do not seem to bother her and her gums are not inflamed. If in doubt, maybe try Jackson on some bonjella... Alternately a cold face washer can help. Wet one and stick it in the fridge then rub that on his gums. Teeth generally come up and subside over and over again before erupting... Can be painful for bub and mum - because generally they want mum and they want to grizzle!

Bella is sleeping through. She started on Sunday last week when she slept from 9pm-5am solid. Since then we have not had a single night where she has woken. Last night she was in bed from 5pm....!!!!! I did dream feed her at 11pm, and she did wake at 5am - but it was still a very long solid sleep! Meanwhile I have to sleep on a towel now as my boobie juice is overflowing and I get to sleep in 2 wet spots thanks to her not needing my night supply!

Anyway - off to the airport to drop off my mum after a week long visit. Not wanting to let her go yet!

Hi all,

Hope your weekends are going ok.

After 3 weeks of Reaghan sleeping from 6pm-630ish, the last two night she has woken up twice in that time for a feed, one around 230am and then 430am too, hoping it is just a growth spurt and she goes back to sleeping threw soon.

Other than that she is doing realy well, have had to put her in some 00 now to, in bonds and some of her short jumpsuits, the tshirt type ones.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Reaghan is just about back to sleeping well again, I think she is teething to. And on top of it I have got my period back, was hoping it would stay away for atleast 6 months but no even though fully bf. I think this has also contributed to Reaghan not sleeping etc.

its been awhile.. but hi everybody!!!
    Im feeling a bit run off my feet.. enjoying tia on her kinder holidays (meaning i dont have to walk (in total 4hrs, total dist 10km) to get her to kinder twice a week. But the normal house cleaning stuff never seems to stop.. and the rain is feeding the weeds like crazy! not to mention our cat/kitten decided to run away a week ago, and so we have all been depressed, stressed and missing her. Also whenever i come near a computer Alyssa wakes up! no kidding!!!

Alyssa only sleeps well during the night after her initial Boitch session of 7pm-9pm (depending time of previous feed) where she is tired to sleep but doesnt want too and screams the house down & nothing makes her happy. And by sleeps well i mean she wakes every 3.5hrs for a feed, but goes back down to sleep like a angel! IF ONLY she did that during the day, im lucky to get 2hrs total sleep time for during the day.. unless we go out in her pram (which we do alot of and i seem to be getting to know every k-mart staffer) but if we spend all day out then nothing at home gets done.. *sigh*
    anyways rant over..
    Alyssa had her shots a week late, she didnt like it one bit.. but she screamed less than tia did afterwards!

I got a baby carrier and i hate it, lol! I should have figured it wouldnt be accomadating for my size 18 waist & hips. Feel like i wasted money there as ive tried to use it while putting the washing out and the dishes but its the oddest thing doing everything so far in front of yourself.. (perhaps if i had no boobs it would be better, ROFL!!!)

Im bout due another period, that sucks.. ive never gotten the no-period thing due to full BF and yet i can count the times on 1 hand when Alyssa has slept more than 4hrs! Alyssa is definately more cranky on the days coming up to and during.. *sigh* so thats bout 10days total and my sister is coming to visit/stay for the long weekend coming up..

Poor alyssa still has to grunt when pooing, poor thing! (altho the grunting is very successful) i dont remember Tia ever grunting to poo..

hope everyone enjoys the long weekend if they have it in their state!

Hi all,

How are things going? I met up with Ltjules today and another bb memeber was nice to put faces to names.

Ltjules, sammy is so cute. Canberra is such a small place hey.

I got Reaghan weighed today she is 6kilo exactly and 59.5cm long. So going really well. Her sleep is starting to settle back down again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Default hello

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, I will quickly catch you up. I wish I had found you earlier!

Aisha was born on the 9th of July, 3940grams and 53cm long. We had a challenging labour - 2 day pre-labour and 24 hour labour resulting in a forceps delivery. Aisha wasn't positioned well, somewhere between posterior and sideways. It took a few weeks for me to recover physically and emotionally but all is good now.

We are demand breastfeeding and I haven't had any problems with other than one incident of mastitis which I got onto quickly so it didn't become too awful.

The past couple of weeks have seen the night feeds slow down a bit - now usually only 1 feed between 12 & 6am at around 4am. I feel so much better. I can hold a coversation now!

Aisha is booked in for her 3 month MCHN weigh etc next week. Really looking forward to seeing how she's doing.

I hope you are all having a good day.

welcome Leeal and congratulations on the arrival of Aisha.

Well ladies Lachlan is still growing at a rate of knots, we just cant keep up. If he didnt have such a baby face you would think he was much older.

He is sleeping all night for us and is still quite a placid bub. He hates sleeping during the day though, sometmes he only gets in a 20 min snooze all day, so by 6pm he is grumpy.

Hi All,

Has been at least a week since I have been on BB.... I can remember when I would not go an hour without surfing this site!

Welcome Leeal! Congrats for finding us... we are normally a much more active group - but our babies have changed our frequency it seems.

Jules - how did Ikea go? I was there on Saturday as a spur of the moment adventure and only realised as I left that it must have a black hole in it somewhere, because 3 hrs of my life was missing.

Well I have bitten the proverbial bullet this week and signed up to the biggest loser website in an attempt to move some of this excess weight that I am carrying around.
    Not too happy that it has come to this, but realised as soon as I logged on that my love of Dare Iced Coffee has been the culprit....with a massive 24% of my daily calorie count in just one small bottle of the stuff. F*&^ing crazy hey?!

So Darren and I are in the process of learning to eat healthy and I have a personal training session on Wednesday to get me lard @r$e moving.

Pray for me ladies - because I am not sure how I will survive the coming 12 weeks!

Having said that, Porsha is on school holidays - and driving me up the wall. Boredom is the end of the world for a 6 year old.

Bella is growing and sleeping for most of the night.

And Darren took me to Harvey Norman today and twisted my arm into an LCD TV. This means he is definately not getting a big b'day present as he is riding a new motor bike and will now have game central at home, with the x-box 360, the Wii and the LCD to keep him amused. Argh.....now I know why I have to work!

Hope that everyone is well. Look forward to news sometime this month! Taz - I hope that the move goes really well and that you enjoyed having Bondy home!

Hi Ladies,

Today i am at the end of my teether.
    The kids are home with school holidays and they havent been to bad, but all they want to do is eat. Emma went for a visit to her Dads on the weekend and there was a major arguement between his partner and mother which Emma was a part of, so now she is in my pocket. As soon as we leave the house she grabs hold of me and doesnt let go.

Poor Lachlan has a cough and a bit of a funny nose, he has woken at around 1am the last few nights coughing his little heart out. Its a bit of a shock getting up to him as he has been sleeping through.

Tomorrow we set of for our adventure, we are driving from Adelaide to the Gold Coast with a 9 yr old, 4 yr old and 3 month old. My Dh has no idea what its like in the car with all the kids, he hardly ever has to go anywhere with the 3 of them. Should be fun. We are hoping to set off at 2am tomorrow morning, well i guess at least i have a good chance I will be up anyway..

Take care all and hopefully i can get online when we make our arrival

Tania

Morning ladies

Well, it's been a while now since I last got on here - things have gotten a bit hectic, but all good!

We move in around 5 weeks - sooo excited! Problem is though that there is so much that I would LOVE to pack up, but can't as it won't be covered by the removalists' insurance if I do. Instead, I just walk around the house mentally packing up things that I won't need between now and then!!!!

Bondy was up last week on his week off from the mine. He seems to enjoy it which is great - he's driing the big trucks! Having him home ffor 6 days straight was bliss - though Jess & I are doing alright when he's gone too.

Jess is now 3 months old and going great! She's full of smiles and almost laughing. She loves her baths (so many splashes) and sleeps through the night. We feed her the last bottle around 9pm (180ml) and then put her down to sleep (found that when she's on her tummy she sleeps HEAPS better) and then wakes around 6.30am. We then get her and bring her into bed with us where she will sleep or another hour or so .... happy with that!!!

So, this week I'm home alone with Jess, and wouldn't you know it - she gets sick!!! On Monday when I picked her up from kindy she had a bit of a rash. I took her to the doctor & got told she had Hand Foot & Mouth disease (anyone else heard of it? I sure hadn't!!!) and we are confined to the house for 3 - 5 days until the rash clears up (not contagios for adults & no side effects). I then get up this morning & Jess has a whole new rash & spots so I rang kindy to let them know & I got informed that chicken pox has gone through the nursery lately - kids that Jess has had contact with.

Great - so off to the doctor again today!!!!

That's about it my end.

Hope you're all going well with your beautiful families.

Taz xoxo

P.S Has anyone from our "old" crew heard from Jessie???

Hi ladie

Im sorry I havent been back in but fine it hard leaving my Belly group.

Not much really happening. Liam is so good. Sleeps and feeds great, and is smiling coo'ing so much. Didnt have any problems with his needles. He was 5 1/2kg last time I had him weighed. He is on thicken formular as he is a chucker. Is drinking 200mls and just over all going great.

I hope you are all well.

Ok will try and keep popping in.

bye for now

Hi all,

Its been awhile since I have been in here, Reaghan is doing really well and sleeps through most nights. She finnaly had her 2 month needles this week (better late than never). She coped really well.

She is having an off day today not sure why hopefully tommorrow will be better.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Bella has started laughing. We have been on the verge for weeks with a little giggle here and a little squeek there, but last night I had Belly laughs from her and it was lovely!

I have been offered a job, full time in the city....but I am now questioning if I want to commute as it is 9am-6pm and it would mean leaving the house at 7:30...dropping off at daycare, before school care, commuting in traffic on the way there, communiting home in peak hour....getting through the door at 6:45pm (if I am lucky) and it just doesn't seem worth it.

Ah the perils of being a woring mum.... do I really want to go down that path?

How is everyone?

Hi all,

Well we survived our trip, Lachlan was great he travelled really well and he absoutely loved our holiday. I think i am going to have my hands ful with him over the next week though. While we were away he had o much stimulation , looking at all the theme parks and having Emma and Hamish to play with all day. Now we have arrived back home they will be going back to school and kindy and Dad will be at work so it will just be boring old Mum.

I cant believe how lucky we are that the kids travelled in the car for 3 days there and four days back without any arguements or scraming. ah well now its back to reality.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Hi all just thought i would pop in and say hi!!!!

Jacob is doing well is now 5380grams still fully breastfed and smiley!!!

hope u r all well

hi all, hope you are all doing well.

Lachlan has found his voice this week and man is he noisy. He is making so many diffrent noises. He has also discovered that he can grab things and hold them and of course put them in his mouth, this is great fun when it is his sisters lovely long hair, especially when she screams.

He also likes the baby he sees in the mirror now and will smile and coo at himself.
    We weighed him on the home scales this morning and he is 8.1kgs now. He has more rolls then the local bakery.

Love Tan

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well, man I hate spring I get really bad hayfever, and it looks like Reaghan does to.
    She has red eyes an sneezes heaps. On a good note she has learnt to roll from back to stomach now she does need to learn to roll the other way.

Reaghan is sleeping realy well (thanks to the hammock) I can even put her down at my mums on her bed and she will go to sleep there to now.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hi all,

Today Lachlan joined the rolling gang, he rolled onto his tummy a couple of times and managed to get back on his back once, now the fun really begins.

On another note i went to the Babies and KIds market in Adelaide today and was quite surprised, it was great. I am now contemplating a trip to Melbourne to attend the one there, as everything in Melbourne is three times bigger thn Adelaide.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast