Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

hi all!!!

Alyssa has been doing alright... feeding every 2 hrs during the day and then every 3-5hrs during the night.. feeling so tired. Alyssa hates sleeping in her cot, by herself.. her big sister being noisy in the hall or her bedroom doesnt help much either..

Alyssa still fits in her 0000, and the 000 are still small enough that she can kick her legs out of the legs bit. I weighed her at home and she is bout 4800g now, 1.1kgs in 5 weeks!!

Decided to drop the MCHN and go with our GP.. I didnt like that the MCHN blabbed on about her medical opinon when it came to alyssa's tongue tie.. so thankful we got it snipped as it has been a godsend for my nipples! Not to mention in the home visit she totally ignored tia, who then tried even harder to get her attention..

Havent used my breast pump in ages, i lost the darn white valve and just got a new pack of them so now i have spares.. i just dont know how i could find time or milk to pump seeing as im feeding every 2hrs from the start of each feed to the next..

Tia starts kidnder/preschool this week on thursday for a 5hr session. her first 5hr session away from home in aawhile. Im looking forward to it, just dont know how on earth we will be out the door and arive there on time at 9.15am (walking!!)

also i dont know what it is but alyssa is addicted to looking at our blinds (when shut).. not even i can get her attention for that long, yet she will quite happily lay on the change table for 10mins just looking at the blinds! thinking of moving her cot closer to them.. lol.

Hi All
    well I have been MIA since page one of the new tread - sorry about that - i have been reading but as soon as I get ready to write a reply Jackson seems to wake up and want to play or have a bottle!

He is doing so well, sleeping like an angel - he doesnt wake up until about 4.30 (we put im to bed at 10 - 10.30) and we have even had some 6.30 - 7.00 wake ups so cant complain on that front!!

He is now on the bottle full time. I had issues with no milk and then medication to bring it on more and then as soon as I went off the meds it went away... not to worry - now that I am over the fact that I cant feed him myself I feel a lot better about things, I think it was more worry about what other people would think/say than anything else though. there are still a lot of people out there who think bottle feeding is not good for bubs but hes doing fine so to hell with that!!

Glad to hear that everyone is enjoying their babies, Jacksons going up so fast - hes in 00 growsuits and not far out of 00 clothes. Hes 60cm long and weighs 5.36kg - very long and lean.

Well I will try and write more often, and do some personals next time.

O and about the step 2 formula - maybe you can give to a friend or neighbour?

Case xo

Hi Ladies - Not sure if this will be coherent as i have had a grand total of 6.5 hrs sleep in the last 72hrs and even that was not in a solid block.

Unfortunately I have been covering some night shifts as a staff member is away on leave and I stupidly agreed to covering for her way back before Bella was even born.

For some reason Bella has decided that at 7wks of age she is too grown up to sleep during the day - therefore I can not sleep either. So finishing work at 2:30am and getting home by 3:30am to fall into bed only to get out of it again at 6am when both girls seem to wake up.

Bella seems to have grown one heck of a lot in this past week. We had 3 nights in a row last week where at 5pm (almost on the dot) the poor little thing started screaming for no apparent reason - and continued to scream for 3-4 hours straight each time. No gas, no explosive poop just inconsolable. And suddenly she seems bigger?! So could it have been growing pains?

Me - well not much to report. Darren is in the dog house and I am not yet sure how I am going to deal with him sans violence. LOL Really am not happy with the father of my 7week old offspring - but what can you do?

Very quiet in here so we must all be busy!

Hi ladies

Well, I have FINALLY managed to get onto the computer to drop in and say hi.

Things here are going pretty well. I'm working a few hours a week - just enough to pay for groceries etc - but I'm getting over it very quickly. I know that as a PA, it's meant to cover all sorts of jobs, but one that I have been putting off for a while now is weeding. I don't weed our garden at home (Bondy won't let me!) and don't see why they can't just get someone else (as in the lawn mowing man) to do their gardens.

Oh well, not long to go now til we move and then I won't have to worry about that sort of stuff.

Jess went to the dr today and had her first lot of needles. I got Bondy to come with me since I'm petrified of them and didn't want Jess to scream when it was just me there. She was pretty good. She cried a bit, but Bondy held her and gave her a bottle straight after so she was fine. She slept pretty much all afternoon from when we got back and she's still full of smiles now!

The midwife weighed and measured her - she's now 5.1kg (round down to 5kg as she was still dressed!!) and has grown over 8 cm - not bad considering she's only 8 weeks old! I really don't think there is any hope of her NOT taking after me and being tall ... shame really!!!

Jess is great. She's full of smiles, and we don't think it will be long til she starts laughing - she's got the noises happening!!

Naomi - like Bella, Jess has gone through a stage of just screaming for no apparent reason. We'd try and feed her and she would cry through the bottle too. Very weird. Hope things sort themselves out at home.

Hope everyone else is doing fine with your little ones.

Taz

Default Reaghan self settled for the first time.

Hi All,

After much debate about spending more money on bub, I brought a second hand Amby baby hammock, it arrived this morning so I put it together and waited till Reaghan woke after being in bed with her Dad this morning before he headed to work. Well after she woke and feed, played and feed again, I put her in there awake and 15 minutes later she was asleep, she only winged a little bit no full on crying first time ever unless she was in a swing or the car. She has now been asleep for 30 min and stirred ones and put herself back to sleep.

All I can hope is that she keeps this up tonight too.

I hope everyone else is going well and that all the bubs are healthy and feeding well, and growing well.

hi all,

Lachlan had his needles on Monday , he was so cute, he had a little cry but after that anytime the gp looked at him, he dropped his bottom lip.
    He now weighs 5.9kg naked and is 61.5cm.

that s a gain of 300grams and half a centremetre in a week. Since his needles he has been very unsettled during the day. He also has very loose poos, Im trying to type one handed as he wont sleep if i put him down, thank god for the sling so i can get some stuff done. He is still managing to give big smiles and has a good old giggle.

Hi all,

Another update, Reaghan is doing excellent in her hammock today she went to slepp in less then 5 min when i put her in ther twice today. Last night she slept for 5 hours in it. I really should of done it earlier.

Hope everyones elses bubs are settling into a routine etc.

Hi ladies

Hope you're all doing well with your little ones?

Things here are going pretty well. We've decided to move to a place called Emu Park which is on the coast between Rockhampton & Yepoon. The big move will be happening in around 8 weeks (2nd week in November) so it's a hectic time all round at the moment. Because the army is relocating us, we have to itemise EVERYTHING so they know how many boxes to get to us, and also for insurance purposes. It's all well and good but itemising everything is a PITA! They want to know the monetary value of all our belongings which in itself tests the memory! Oh well, the list is done and now I'm eager to start boxing up some of the stuff we're not using at the moment so I don't have an absolute fit in coming weeks when things still aren't done!

My parents come up this weekend for a visit which I'm looking forward to. Will be great for them to meet Jess.

Jess is going wonderfully. She's fighting sleep at the moment in the cot next to me, but she shouldn't be too far off as she's been awake since 5am! She's full of smiles and talks now which is awesome to listen to and see. I don't think she's going to be too far off laughing!

She had her needles last week and weighed 5.1 kg and has grown 8 cm in 8 weeks - WOW!!! If she keeps going like this she's going to be a monster!!!

Nothing else to report. Hope you're all having a good day.

Taz

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

Taz ; Hope the moving goes well for you. Good idea to start packing some stuff now. Glad to hear that things are going well with Jess.

Sweetpea: sounds like your on a winner with that hammock.

Naomi: i hope you have managed to catch up on some sleep.

well all is going well here today, Lachlan is fast asleep and Hamish is at Kindy and Emma at school, so my house is nice and quiet. Its given me chance to try and catch up on some housework and gardening. Im in a mad fit to tidy as we are having Lachlans christening next weekend and then coming back here afterwards.

I think i have given birth to a giant. LOL Its hard to imagine that Lochie was in 5 o,s when he was born and now he is in 00's in growsuits etc as they arent long enough. It seems he is keen to follow in his big brothers footsteps. Hamish grew at a rate of knots as well.
    On a good note Lochie has for the last three nights sleep through until 6am, so im rapt. Im keeping everything crossed that this is his new routine.

We are busily planning for our family holiday, Dh has decided that we will be going tothe Gold Coast in Oct. He wants to drive there, im going along but im not so sure, 3 days in the car with 3 kids is a great idea, but oh well it will be an adventure. He is blissfully unaware of the kids behaviour etc in the car or at home lately. He has been working 12 hour days since Lochie was 3 weeks old. Ah reality bites.............LOL

Well take care all
    Tanxx

Hi girls, it's been a while. My ISP hasn't let me log on to BB in ages.

Annabelle and I are finally getting to know each other. She has been smiling and laughing and has rolled over from front to back 5 times! She had her needles the other day and was a very sleepy bub for abour 24 hrs, but is now back to her old trick of only sleeping one sleep cycle in the day before waking up.

Her weight gain was great but has slowed down lots over the last couple of weeks, so I'm keeping an eye on that. She's solely bf so hopefully it's enough for her. She doesn't seem hungry though and has been feeding every 3 hrs or so during the day and a bit longer than that at night. Fingers crossed it's just a lull and she'll pick up again soon.

I hope everyone's well. Sounds like you've all been pretty busy.
    Pam

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well and that bubs are settling for you all.

Reaghan has been going great guns since buying the hammock, I have had it for a week now and last night she slept for 11 hours straight and the night before only had a dream feed in 10 hrs. and she even self settled in the pram today when out shopping.

Have not had here weighed properly scince 7 weeks but stood on scales with her the otherday and she was around 5.5 kilos and 58cm long.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi all,

Had another great night with Reaghan she went do sleep at 1845 woke at 0500 for a feed and back to sleep till 0820 and now back in bed again. Thanks to the hammock.

Hi Ltjules, I am in Canberra to and the weather has been great. Hope it stays this way for awhile.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend.

I have found a few others from canberra have a look in the nsw/act members thread we going to plan a meet up.

Hi Ladies,

It is I, Ms Sleep Deprived.... Oh hold on, most of us now fall into that category.

I have been working what can only be described as crazy hours. Mostly night shift and I am totally over it. Feels like I am out of routine even though Bella is managing to hold on to hers.

Poor little popit had her needles on Wednesday night. I was a tad concerned that she had a cold at the time - but the Doc went ahead and gave them anyway.... Sure enough the cold got worse and Darren had to take her to the Doc's again this morning to get antibiotics... Not happy. Poor little Bella has been crying that sad baby cry and coughing horribly. I just want her better. Scary when babies get sick, because they can lose weight quickly...Luckily she has not lost any weight as yet as I am force feeding her even though she is not interested because she is so congested.

She is now 59cms long and 5.5kgs. Bella smiles non stop and grins whenever the camera comes out. Such a poser....just like her big sister.

Things on the home front are, well... we are off to counselling in the next week. I feel totally lost in the entire fiasco. Thankfully my partner wants to resolve it and took it into his own hands and organised counselling, so at least I don't feel that it is a futile process.

Oh and I have decided to make Bella a "And then there was Bella" book. Officeworks prints photo books, so I have decided to print some excerpts from this blog that I wrote along side photos from the past year and the first 3 months of her life. I am then going to have it placed in safe keeping so that she receives it when she chooses to have a child of her own, or at the age of 35....whichever comes first..... If she is pregnant at 16 I will be mortified! So I hope that it will gather dust before she lays her tiny baby fingers on it..

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and all bubs are good.

On my front Lachlan is now sleeping through the night. He goes down at 9pm and wakes at 6am, YIppee.
    Its amazing how many people have commented on how placid he is, and how calm i seem this time around. LOL if they could see me now, i havent had a shower and i have stuff everywhere, Ah well.
    We have Lachlans christening this weekend so im busy cooking away, and also trying to organise everything for our drive to Qld.

hi ladies
    how is everyone? I feel a bit out of place in the 16th-31st July group, so I'm still popping my head in here when I can.

I can't believe Annabelle will be 2 months old tomorrow. She's developing quite the personality and was very charming yesterday when some friends of mine from work came to visit. She seemed to want to be awake this morning, so I thought she might enjoy a ride in the car. Boy was I wrong. She got so hysterical that she was in a sweat by the time we got home. She promptly fell asleep the minute we got in the door.

All in all I think I'm finally getting the hang of motherhood. In all honestly I was petrified for the first 4 weeks. I take my hat off to those of you who have other kids as well. Is it true that you get more relaxed after the first?

Take care ladies and I hope all your bubs are doing well.
    Pam

Hi Pam,

I must admit with my first i was a nervous wreck, with my second i was still a little bit stressed. I seem to be in much better control with Lachlan. We still have times were i dont know whats wrong with him and i get upset.
    I do feel much more comfortable with him though, so for me it took number 3 for me to be able to really relax and enjoy well so far anyway.

Hi all,

Hope everyones weekends were good.

Pam, I was like you with my first, better with number 2 (sort of had to as when she was 2 weeks old got jaundince and things went down from there for awhile so was at the pead/hospital for weekly checks, she fine now) and this one is great not as stressed over things but still have moments of I can't cope or what do you want feelings which is normal. My mum always said if at sometime in your kids life you don't feel like throtling them then you must have a full time nanny.

Tan32, Well done on Lachlan sleeping threw the night. Reaghan has started that in the last week to but she doing marathon sleeps of 5:30-6 into bed and then no feed till around 5 and then back to sleep till 7is.

Naomi08, Can't believe you are working, I took 12 months of for this one. I take my hat for to you for juggling work and a 2 month old.

Ltjules, How did you go with the nappy thing over night. Reaghan mangages to wear one nappy from when she goes to sleep around 6pm till 7ish the next morning. We should have a meet up soon.

To anyone I have missed hope everyone is good.

Cheers

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast