Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #12

Yep Rach I would love to hear all the exciting things you did too.. cool that Blake walked for you before you left, so you didnt miss it. Did your mum just loooove having the kids, or was she exhausted when you returned?? My mum loves having them, but a day wears her out totally ( she's 65) so i try not to ask for too much. DH and I havent had a child free night since the girls were born.,

Gemma, i never cut my girls hair til they were about 3, and no fringe til primary school ( at least) I always tyed their hair up in little pebbles piggy's on the top of their heads, they used to pull them out, but I just reapplied, and reapplied, it helps for later down the track, I had a gf who couldnt be bothered putting it back in, and at 6 her dd still wont wear her hair tyed back. DH would occasionally ask for a fringe, but it then needs cutting every few weeks to keep it tidy, and I never had a fringe, so it was a family thing I guess.

Hi Kate, hope all is well, and that you are getting some sleep. We used to co sleep with the twins, so you'll be fine with Kelsey and the littly ( DH is a heavy sleeper though, and they fell out of bed too often and hurt themselves, and coz I worked nights I felt it safer to teach them to solo sleep KWIM???)

Hey Hay, LOL ( sorry)

Hi Brooke, Bel, Deb

Well a little drama here today, Rianna tripped over and face planted into the leg of a chair, she has the hugest egg on her eyelid, and this lovely black eye. Took her to the Dr's just to get her eye checked out, thankfully all OK, Of course she is feeling miserable.Rachel how is Blake with the eye drops, coz Dion is sooooooo hard to get them in.

belmarks Guest

Oh Vanita, poor Rianna, is she feeling better today?

Rach, can't wait to hear about the trip....Good on Blake for walking - he's a little champ!!

Gemma, yeah, really lucky that I got in to the acupuncturist, couldn't believe my luck actually. I'll just be glad to get some normal things happening in my cycle, hopefully it will work!!

Brooke, how are you going honey? How's your job? How's little Maya? How's your nanna too? I hope she's on the mend...

Kate, how are you feeling?

Hay - any TWW/TTC news from you?

What about you Deb? How are you going??

More of the same from us here, except that Coby is exceptionally whingey today, very tired, had a late night last night and today Im going to suffer because of it. I just hope that he'll have a big day sleep to make up for it!!

Morning all,

Ouch Vanita. Poor little Rianna. I hope she's feeling better soon. I remember Viv's first black eye. It's always such a milestone. Is it her first? Remember to take photos! Hope she's not feeling too out of sorts with it.

Kate, I hope your GD test goes well. I'm sure it will be nice to have your Mum around to give a hand, even if it is only for a night. It will make a difference.

Bel, good luck with the accupuncturist!

Gemma. Sorry to hear Amy's got a cold. Blake's got everything happening at the moment - eyes, ears, nose. He's dripping like a tap from everywhere - eyes, nose and mouth. Poor little mite. I hope Amy gets over hers soon. Fingers crossed for TWW.

Hay, ditto fingers crossed for you too!

Well where do I start with Paris. It was amazing. The flights over were long, but that's expected when you got to Europe. We arrived about 9am on Saturday morning and caught a taxi from Charles de Gaulle airport (north east Paris) to Versailles (south west of Paris) as we were pretty shattered and didn't feel like tackling the Metro. It cost us 110 Euro (about $200AUD) but it was worth it. We were just glad it was early Saturday morning not peak hour during the week.

Versailles where we were staying was about 20km out of Paris, but conveniently on the train line (isn't everywhere in Paris?) The little town itself had so much character and style, and the Palace was stunning.

I think the highlight of the trip (two actually) were the very first time we went to the Eiffel Tower which on was on the Saturday afternoon - the day we arrived. And on the Wednesday night when we were in town/Paris for the whole day (from 9am until 11pm) and we sat in the park near the Eiffel Tower from about 9.15pm until 10.30pm. We watched the sky darken, the lights come on - the city and the tower, then at 10pm as it was just about dark, fairy lights sparkled all over it.

I could go on and on about the trip but will give you a snipet each time I post. If I were to do one big post it would probably crash the server! I wrote a journal of the trip and it took up 40 odd A5 pages of writing. But I wanted to remember all of it, so I wrote about nearly every single minute.

OK back to reality and Melbourne again. Our highlight this morning is that we went and bought Blake some first shoes. He's had cloth soled 'shoes' and little leather 'shoes' however now he's walking we went and had his feet measured for proper shoes! It was so cute. It feels a bit like I'm rushing although he's been walking by himself for 2 weeks. I guess one of the main reasons I got them is every time we're at playgroup he wants to go outside, and now he's walking his cloth shoes wont stand up to it as they're already wearing out. So now my baby's really grown up *sob* He's got proper little shoes. *sigh*

OK off for a shower - Long story, didn't get one first thing as Viv was home from school but she's there now. Blake's asleep. Gotta make the most of my time.

Love to all
    xx

Just popping in to say hi. Welcome back Rachel! Great to hear you enjoyed it so much. Gotta love the european summer, it is so mild compared to what we know in Oz. I am so skin cancer aware though and Al is usually the only little one at the beach with a hat and cancer council shirt on! Everyone up here loves to lounge in the sunshine, while I'll be looking for somewhere to sit in the shade!

Al had another vaccination today. It was the 3rd and final diptheria, polio, tetanus, pertussis ? and flu type B. He will have measles,mumps and rubella when he's 15months. Is that the same as you guys?
    Al is 78 cms long and weighs 9.5 kgs.

Hi Deb,

You're so right. i couldn't believe how no one was covered up. There were a few little kids with hats but not many. It was a glorious time, I was so lucky to go, and in the end DH only had to work 2 out of the 7 days we were in Paris.

Re vaccinations,
    At 6 months they get their last Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis combined, Polio and Pneumococcal vaccines.
    At 12 months they get Measles, Mumps, Rubella combined, Hepatitis B3 and Meningococcal.
    At 18 months they get Varilrix which is for chicken pox
    Then more at 4 years.

Can't stop online now, got a girlfriend on the phone.

Thanks for your thoughts for me on the TTC front. We have only just finished the BD session, so I guess you could say i am just in the TWW... or less going by my short LP of late.

Nothing else from me...I'm boring!!!

Oh, I have just washed all of the size 1 clothes that Pup has got in readiness for him to start wearing them in the next week or so. Some of his track pants are looking a bit half mast!

oh, I do have something to say!! This morning I took Pup to see Dorothy's Dance party here in our town. It was quite good. it went for an hour (9.30 - 10.30am). Pup thought it was just great, but he did fall asleep for the last 10 minutes or so. Poor buggar. We had to have an early start to the day (calves to feed and all) in order to get into town by 9.15am. Parking was atrocious!!

belmarks Guest

Rach, thanks for the update on the trip, sounds lovely, wish I could go!!

Deb, how's Al after his latest vaccinations? Hope he feels ok.

Hay, good luck with the TWW, hope you catch the egg this time honey!! I haven't taken Coby to any shows yet, although there was a Shrek show on at our local shopping centre recently and we saw a bit of it and he loved it, he liked the three bears because they came around and played with him, it was so cute seeing him interact with them.

Girls, do you feel like our little group is getting even smaller? I guess everyone's busy with their bubs and don't get much time to come online anymore....Hope all the girls that are missing will come back soon and fill us in on what their bubs are up to...

We finally got our new dining table yesterday after waiting for 3 months for it (couldn't believe how long it took) and Coby helped DH put it all together, he's such a good helper! Was so cute to watch!

Hey Kate, anything in Pinky's book that talks about temper tantrums. Pup is starting to really crack it when he can't get what he wants, or has to do something he doesn't want to do. He is starting to head butt (! little sh*t! LOL ) and also throws himself on the floor and cries. I don't so much mind the throwing on the floor business, but the head butting is really getting on my nerves. He has caught me a couple of times. I told DH that one day, he'll get me on the point of the chin and knock me out.

And he is screaming crying EVERY nappy change. Driving me nuts. As soon as I lie him ont he change table, he arcs up.

Any suggestions from anyone??

Hay, i wish i had a suggestion for the nappy change. Blake just wants to roll over whenever I lie him down. It gets so frustrating. I usually try and grab a toy or two. ones I know he likes or hasn't seen for a while. I even try to do part of it standing if he's really fighting me. I'm fortunate that if my DD hears us 'fighting' at change time, she'll come in and entertain him beside the change table. Guess you don't have that option! I wish I had a magic answer. Hopefully this stage wont last long. Blake's also a head butt- er. He also smacks the side of his head with his hand when he's really frustrated too. I just talk to him, explaining that I can see he's frustrated, but tell him it's not the best option to hit himeself, and try and distract him with something he can do or have. One day I know he'll understand what I'm talking about so I'm sure it will help.

Bel, yes, our group is getting a bit smaller, as people get busier. But at least we all know we're hear for each other, particularly when we have troubles or queries to bounce of each other.

Yep, Dion is a real tantrumer, too ATM. I am pretty sure he's teething ( drooling, chewing his hands, red cheeks) so I think the tanrums are worse ATM as he's in pain too, but he slaps, pinches, bites and arches his back, very hard as he seems to do it when he's about to have a bf, and hurts me. I tend to put him on the floor, and walk away, as we have tried many other ways and he doesnt respond to many of them, but after a fewmniutes of screaming on the floor, he generally gets up and starts playing with his toys....... fun eh??
    Dh finds it more frustrating, as he cant "fix" the problem KWIM???

belmarks Guest

Hay, I can sympathise, Coby's a great tantrumer - he loves a good tantrum!! Throws them at any opportunity. I cannot give you any pearls of wisdom as I am also new at this, but if its the start of a tantrum, like when you can see one coming on, I distract him, but if its mid tantrum and its a full blown throw yourself on the ground and carry on like a pork chop tantrum, I just put him down calmly and walk away, he usually carries on for a minute or two and I just wait until he comes and looks for me, I usually make sure I move out of sight while he's in the middle of throwing one, and then he realises that noone is watching him, so he stops and comes and looks for me, then I pick him up and distract him with the TV or something similar like the dog or cat...

As for the headbutting and hitting, I have no words of inspiration there either, Coby hits me in the side of the face all the time when he's frustrated, he's even taken to scratching me - little turd!! I usually just grab his hand and tell him as sternly as I can "NO" and if he doesn't stop, down he goes to the floor again, to work it out on his own. I tell him that he obviously doesn't want mummy's help....

Good luck!!

HI girls,

Just a quick one from me as I am in training all day today and tomorrow.

Rach, your holiday sounds awesome, can't wait to read some more about it.

Kate - How did your GTT go?

Amy still has a cold and I have one too. I sometimes give Amy a toy when I am changing her but she is usually pretty good. CD32 today for me and no AF yet, so fingers crossed. Have some cramping though so who knows. Usually a 28 or 29 day cycle.

Better go, chat properly later.

Hi!

Sorry for being a bit absent lately, things are a bit hectic at the moment. DH is working like a demon as usual, and there's always lots to do here...what with the beautiful beach weather, Al and I are regular water babes for most of the morning and catching up with chores the rest of the day.
    The vax went fine, thanks for asking! He's got a big red bump where the needle went in, but he's not had a bad reaction as yet.

Wellllll girls, I am a bit reluctant to post this,after last months fiasco....so will anyone believe me if I say, I'm pregnant?! I've done 2 tests and they're strong lines, even though AF isn't due til the 30th. They were the right tests too,I've checked and double checked!!!! DH and I are waiting til the weekend is over before we get excited, but I can feel that its happening! OMG!

Deb, WOOHOO>>>>>>>> Congratulations another little bubba to love on its way..........
    I think this is fabulous news
    WOOHOO..................

belmarks Guest

Just quickly, congratulations Deb! WTG!! Looking forward to hearing more about your pg...

OMG!!! Fantastic news! Glad to hear that you checked and rechecked those blasted foreign tests!!!!! LOL

Thanks girls! Now officially baby dusting this thread (stand clear Vanita)

:

And chucking some sticky vibes my way for good measure..

Congratulations Deb, fantastic news!!!! See those OPK +ves worked after all.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast