Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #12

Deb,

if you ever need anything like kiddie drugs sent over, let me know. I'm more than happy to post. Dunno if it's allowed or not tho??? Oh well, we can always make up a "care parcel" and shove vegemite, violet crumbles, minties in there to hide the demazin!!!

Hayseed, that care parcel sounds wicked! (tim tams are a hit with me hint hint ) Kidding. Thanks for the offer. I have family sending me stuff too and an aussie friend who is there now will bring me back some goodies. I don't know if its illegal to bring in those sort of medicines, I should find out though, as I intend to continue doing it. I guess they would be concerned if I was bringing quite a lot in.

Kate , hope you get a proper sleep tonight. The meet up sounded great.

Al is feeling a lot better today so we're going to the beach this arvo.
    Hey Vanita, most of the beaches here have stones, not sand, so you might like them better. Give me sand any day though,I am always stirring DH about it as he hates sand too. Al and I love it (throws sand on your feet- gotcha!!hehehe)

Thankyou all my lovelies for the warm b'day wishes, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to know you care.

LOL Deb, hey I dont mind sand on my feet it up my bum and in my mouth thet bothers me ( maybe should keep my mouth closed for a change )Stones sound ideal, if it wasnt for the yucky tasting salt water ( again maybe I should keep my mouth closed, LOL) I hope you have a great time,

Kate, glad you got to meet Gemma, and glad you guys had a good time... Hope to make it next one, I hope Kelsey has a better night tonight, I am actually quite spoilt, I cant think of the last time we were woken. I know people whose 5 yr olds still get up every night, wishing you some lovely zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I loved the enjo to when it first came out, and all my friends had parties, TBH I have most of the range, and dont use anything!! ( even the mop that I HAD to have!!! LOL) Sad I couldnt come, but when we got home at 1130 from playgroup, both the litties were bawling, sooo tired, so they went down for a 2 hr nap, and I went to gym, then shopped for the boys party.

Brooke GRRRRRRRRR at the lost post, hope you find time to repeat it. Sorry about the ear infections, all my girls have had troubles ( aparently narrow ear canals) and were all threatened with grommits, but waited it out, by 2 yrs they were pretty much over it, and I cant remeber the last time anyone had one, hope Maya doesnt frequent them,.

Hay, you devious thing you, what about a cake with the demazin hidden in the center!!! Hope the calf is even happier looking tonight, and not squirting anymore

Bel, good to hear the chiro is helping Coby. I have taken all mine at a few months old, as I have heard it helps with colic etc, as birth is a traumatic event for the bubs, and whether because of this or just luck, but we havent had a colicy baby.

Dion had a good day, and loves the pressies we got him, Rianna was nice enough to share LOL. Everytime he hops on his ride on, she hops in the trailor?!?!?!? So if he ever got to go by himslef he would go soooo fast, as he's used to pulling along a 12 kg sister!!! My M & D came over to do the cake in the evening, other than that it was just us ( I took about 200 photo's ) I let him lick the beaters after I made the cake ( 1st time) sooo cute, so lots of photos with chocolate and icing on his face. Today we had playgroup, so another cake there!!!!
    Did anyone else go to the target toy sale?? I was there with my mum and sis at 8 am, and got $400 of stuff!!!My sis did get the pirate little people for the Boy, and I got him some dinosaurs! Hope you have all had a good day C U

Kate – It was great to meet you and Kelse yesterday and I can’t wait to do it again. We had a great time and even though we chat on-line, there was so much to talk about. Kelse was really good considering the babies didn’t really get to move around. I hope Kelse slept well for you last night and you got some sleeep. It would have been good with the fire going in your room if you had it going as it was freezing last night.

I wonder ho w hot it is in Paris today, Europe is having a really hot summer.

Brooke – Well done to Maya! Damn those posts. If I don’t to the reply in word I Control C before I post. Have a great time at Kalbarri – I have no idea where it is. Love the pic of Maya in your ticker.

Vanita – LOL at Rianna getting in the trailer!! I’m glad Dion had a good day, you did take a lot of photos! We went to the toy sale after our meet up at Fountain Gate but didn’t buy anything. I couldn’t believe the amount of full trolleys there were not to mention the huge queue for lay-by.

Deb – Oh no poor Al, hope his cold is not too bad. Lucky for the Demazin. What a great DH taking Al so you can do yoga everyday. It is such a good idea too. 68kgs is not heavy at all and you are doing well with exercising and getting your pre-baby body back. Just in time for when you fall pg again!

Bel – Wow at Coby improving that much since the chiro appointment, you must be so pleased. Does he watch Raggs? It is a great kids show with songs that they can dance to.

Amy has her first bump on her head yesterday. She fell onto the stone feature floor in the entrance of our house and had gravel rash on her forehead and nose (just before the BB meet up). It is now a bump but she is fine. I suppose it will be happening often. We went to the beach yesterday afternoon with the dogs and Amy had the best time. She was squealing in delight walking on the sand but did not want to be held so it was a long slow walk. DH had to sleep in her room again as she was unsettled for the third night in a row. I am sure she is teething.

Tested today CD25 test was BFN. It is early to test so I will see what happens, signs have disappeared like the last few months towards the end of my cycle. Really have to start charting again as things are not working. Will join TTC buddies I think too.

Hey Vanita - you certainly are spoilt if you never need to get up at night. How do you do it? I am up and down like a yoyo the whole night. Al is in our room, because we live in a small space,so I hear everything. But its not like I could ignore him when he wakes, as he cries very loudly and he's standing up. Usually I just lie him down again and he's asleep. Any advice, as we would love to get a whole night's sleep as a routine sooner rather than later.

Have a great time Brooke!

Gemma - sorry to hear Amy got her first battle scar. Ouch!! Glad she is ok. Which teeth are coming through for her now? Yeah about the yoga,I figure I may as well try and get into shape now, as I didn't do anything before thinking what would be the point,as I would get pregnant soon. But seeing as that is not happening, I thought I should try something different,maybe its what the old body needs. Still early for you to be testing. What day is AF due? There's a few of us in the same boat here, so its reassuring that the delay in falling pregnant is probably quite normal. I was wondering about your DH being a SAHD, do you give him a 'time off' each day and take Gemma yourself? I am trying to get such time here and some days are harder than others to get DH home from work.

Hi to Bel and Kate and Hayseed and any others out there.

Deb, i will be honest I'm not sure how it happened. I have gone back to work night shifts after each of the kids were about 3 mths old. All were BF and DH could never get them to take a bottle, so he would just dummy, and eventually it seemed they wouldnt bother to wake up, as they didnt get anything good, so started sleeping through not long after I went back to work, never sure if it was DH not so over attentive, as in he doesnt wake up at a squeek, has to be a real cry KWIM? I dont know if you've seen supernanny, but i agree with her techniques, she says no eye contact, and no interaction - talking etc. Rianna has recently learnt to climb out of the cot, and some nights lately we need to put her back several times before she "obeys" I try not to talk to her or look at her I just put her back, and walk away.
    Hey I felt yuck today, as Dion was unwell, and didnt settle properly till midnight ( I had to wake him up at 8 for school, as he was still sound asleep) Has been to the Drs today as has infected tear ducts, so is on 4hrly eye drops ( :eek: )

Gemma, ouchies, the first oneis the worst. How many teeth has Amy got now?? Dion got 6 at 6 mths, and nothing since, we think he's just starting again now. Good luck with the TTC

Dion had his first hair cut last night, The girls I didnt bother with til about 3yrs.

First hair cut!!! It's gunna be a looooooooong time till Pup has a hair cut. He is still a baldy baby. I was too, until I was 2 yo.

Poor Amy. Horrible aint it when they hurt themsleves for the first time? Talking about hurtiung themselves, did I tell you Pup cut his finger last night? I was feeding him custard out of a can of baby food and he grabbed for the can and slip his fingers around and cut his finger. It was pretty bad. I couldn't stop it for about 20 minutes. he went through 2 bandaids. I ended up ringing a friend who is a triage nurse and asked her how deep a cut had to be on a baby to warrant going to A&E. She said that the most important thing was to stop the bleeding and then reassess. The cut looked TINY, but then his finger is tiny too. If the cut was on my finger, and it was sized for my finger, then it probably would have been a big cut. Anyway, I did get it stopped and put some stery strips on it - which I noticed were not on his finger in the morning when I got him out of the cot. I couldn't find them either, so I assume he ate them (yuk!)

Yawn.....I had to milk tonight with DH. We have 5 staff (6 with DH, 7 with FIL) and NONE were available tonight. Gawd! 2 were having their days off, 1 had gastro, 1 was having some day surgery and also his partner is in labour, 1 was unreachable (a school kid) and FIL has just taken off for 10 weeks to Cape York. So it was me and my man tonight!!! Bloody cows.

Oh and that calf is only JUST starting to bind up. But she looks happy though. And another one is squirty!! SIgh.........

belmarks Guest

Hay, poo (literally) for the squirty cows! Hope Pup's finger heals up ok, I would have been freaking out!

Vanita, we agree with your methods, we do the same. We don't talk to Coby just give him a dummy and off he goes. Good on Dion for his first hair cut. Coby needs another one soon, its hanging in his eyes!!

Hey Deb, how's it all goin over there? How's Al?

Gemma, don't give up, just keep retesting and in a few days you might get a nice surprise.

Hi Brooke, hope you're enjoying your weekend away.

Girls I've decided that Im going to see an acupuncturist. I booked in for 31st July. Her books are closed, but she must have felt sorry for me, I left a bit of a soppy message just saying that I hoped to get in earlier, as her books are closed til November, and she phoned me back and said that she thought I sounded like I really needed to see her earlier so she fit me in! How's that!! She's a guru in reproductive health, and menstrual management etc etc, all about the "womanly" stuff, and of course other things I am sure, but if she's the guru in that field, then hopefully she can "fix" me!!:doctor:

Coby is doing really well, we went swimming today, just for something different on the weekend, and he enjoyed himself, he's having a rather big sleep, well, its been an hour (which is big for him). He's really funny - he's learnt to shake his head for "no" and does it as soon as we say no. Last night was priceless - I gave him his bottle, and when he'd finished, I asked him if he wanted to go to bed, and he shook his head! Cheeky little monkey!!

How cute Bel, Dion gives me evils when I say no.. Coby has heaps of hair, How early did you start cutting it?? Mine have all been fair & fine. Dion has lightish hair, and not really a lot, but got a trim around the ears.. I hope the acupuncturist works for you, it was nice she managed to squeeze you in, hopefully this will do the trick.

I have got all the food cooked for tomorrow, now i just need to mop the floor and clean the bathrooms ( what fun LOL)

belmarks Guest

Vanita, Coby has only had a light trim around his "fringe" area, just so it didn't hang in his eyes, that's all he's ever had. He has had a fair bit of hair for a while though, but it needs cutting again, its hanging in his eyes again. We first had the fringe bit cut about 2-3 weeks before his first birthday, and that's all we've done. I was born with a full head of hair (a wig on - as someone once told me!) but DH was fair and no hair for a while - his hair was white! So I guess Coby got my genes in the hair dept....

If I was saying no to Coby and meaning it, he would get cranky, but its only when I jokingly say it to him that he shakes his head....He's a funny boy!

Hope the party is going well Vanita!

Thanks Hay, it did and now DH and the littlies are having a nap. I have it all tidyed up, adn leftovers for dinner. I am downloading the 200 photos onto the puter, and that is why I have popped in. Got 3 little people sets.... and everyone ahd fun, phew glad its over and life returns to normal,

Good to hear the party was a success Vanita. Thanks for the advice on the sleep. I don't talk to him usually and we do the re-plug, but the problem is doing it 2-3 times a night. Maybe its a question of getting rid of the dummy?! But I'm not ready yet

Just a quick one, as we're out again today, Al is feeling better ..

re hair cuts - he's had a few, but its just snips here and they're when he's eating or when he's asleep! Have to be a sneaky mum or he wouldn't let me near him with the scissors. I want to keep his hair short, as I think it looks more handsome, so he's going to have to get used to me hanging around with the scissors. I'm always plotting which bit I'm going to cut next lol!

Ohh that was a nice big post Kate. Good to read thank you.

We have tried a few different 'methods' with Al,from controlled crying to co-sleeping and yet still haven't had any success with his sleeping.But you are spot on,I should check on what the experts say. I tend to use this site too much for solving all baby issues! I'd be interested in what you think of Pinky's book. But I have to say, like you said, we have a great kid here, who happens to be a bit of a crappy sleeper. It will change.

Good on you for being so organised with finding beautiful names for your baby.

Al has a friend at the playground that he sees nearly everyday. Her name is Ada and she's 3 years old! He enjoys playing with her, throwing sand on her, giggling and smiling. She copies everything he does (crawls, throws sand too, makes the same sounds he makes, gets her dad to do whatever I am doing too, so everything is the same!) Apparently she talks about Alex often as well. So even though he's a bit young to realise it,he has a girlfriend!

re TTC for those interested - I am in the middle of the TWW, and am totally symptomless, so I'm not counting chickens for this month.

Hi girls,

Kate – Hope everything is okay with you, it’s not like you not to feel like chatting! It would be interesting with co-sleeping with a newborn and Kelse. I hope you have a king sized bed. You did really well at the Mattel sale and I love the Tigger. I am definitely interested in coming next year. Having lunch down the beach would have been great, you are so fortunate to live there.

Hayseed – Ouch at Pup’s finger, I hope it is better now. Yuck at another squirty cow!

Deb – DH goes out occasionally to a friends house and he recently went to the movies. Some days when I get home he hands Amy to me if it has been a rough day and goes and does stuff in the garage. I play with Amy when I get home at 6pm until she goes to bed which is 8 or 9pm. How cute Ada and Al playing together. It must be good to watch them having so much fun. Good luck in the TWW! No symptoms doesn’t mean a BFN, fingers crossed for you.

Vanita – Poor little Dion, are the blocked tear ducts sore? How long does he have to have drops for? Amy has 8 teeth. I would love to cut Amy’s fringe as it hangs in her eyes. DH won’t let me though and would prefer to move it to the side. Bit of a sore point for discussion that one but hopefully he will change his mind soon.

Bel – You are lucky to get an appointment with the acupuncturist, good luck!! I am thinking of doing the same. It is so cute when they start shaking their head no. Just don’t make a game of it like I did with Amy. She shakes her head no and I nod and say yes in play but she is really starting to argue more now. It is cute and it is hard not to play with it.

Rach – Welcome back (saw that you posted in another thread), hope you had a fab time in Paris and I look forward to hearing all about it.

Hi Brooke and Heather.

Amy go a cold yesterday but she doesn’t seem to mind and we gave her some Demazin last night so she could sleep well. CD 29 for me and no AF but I have a feeling it is on the way. Pg signs have all but disappeared. I am looking into Tony Ferguson or Optifast to lose some weight as being overweight can’t be helping things with TTC.

I rated this thread so it is easier to find.

Bon Jour everyone!

It's just going to be a quick post. I've got a stack of washing to do, and want to cook up some dinners before Blake wakes.

Paris was absolutely awesome. I will tell you all about it (if you want to hear) later but we had the BEST time.

The kids did really well with my mum. Blake is now walking - basically the day we left he just started walking around mum's place before we left so we knew he'd be totally mobile by the time we were home. Also cut the last 2 molars so now he has 12 teeth.

He also caught a cold on Friday which I took him to the doctors this morning cause he has conjunctivitis and an ear infection. Poor little mite. Antibiotics and eye drops for this little lad.

Thanks to everyone who was commenting about Paris in their previous posts. It's lovely to be thought of. The weather was soooo nice. It was mid 30's but it's not as hot as Melbourne weather. More like 28-30 here and the sun wasn't as 'bitey' so we didn't burn. I've got a tan but it's under my jeans, jumper and boots here so you can't see it!

Will fill you in on the rest later.

Love to all!

Rach, wow at Blake walking!! And his teeth too! So glad he went well with your mum. I would definitely love to hear all about your trip to Paris, you should put it in the Woo Hoo room so everyone can hear about it, that is of course if you want to share it with everyone. Welcome back!!

Welcome back Rach. Glad that the trip was great - what with the bit of stuffing around you had before! Yeah, the woo hoo room would be a great place for your travel memoirs!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast