Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #13

Bec, know I've said it before but good to "see" you. Sounds as if Jonah is growing fabulously, Dion hasnt had a weigh since 10 mths ( he was 9.5kg)As MHn was sick when we had an appt and we havent been able to get in til the end of this mth. He has been a "chesty bub" since the bronchiolitis at 6 weeks, and will probably be diagnosed with asthma at 2 ( paeds and my opinoion) He has been walking for a few weeks now, and had a fire truck cake ( for his daddy) We go to playgp every thursday, and Dion is just starting to get really "into it "

Kate, It will fly by in hindsight, it will seem to go sooo slow for now, but once bubs is here you'll never imagine it any other way. Wont be too long ( though enjoy the rest til it happens KWIM)

Brooke, the photo's at the rock formations were gorgeous, its great you have so many of the three of you, I hardly get in any photos, as I am always behind the camera ( and I dont look like you, so am not prone to jumping in front of it , the lens might crack LOL) Ok I'll have Chef Dan to pee me off, and you can have couch warmer Chris to drive you to distraction - though today he's at work , so am having a bit of piece and quite LOL) Woo hoo for sleeping through, yep obviously theres some fluid there if the demazin worked,

Bel, Nope no bb for the boy, obviously too many bad memories LOL, he doesnt drink milk, or anything so he needs to eat the yogurt , would prefer if he had somethin for the day as well as 3 tubs of yogurt!!!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwww I feel so loved, thanks girls *mwah* I really have missed you all and missed coming in here

Brooke- Thanks mate, it's good to see you again too The up you bum approach should be taken more often to things and people, but yes it is hard. Yes, Jonah is doing really well and yes he's very big, he's huge in fact and definitely going to be very tall like Ben. Someone said today they thought he was about 2 1/2, they were very surprised he was a little over 13 months, lol. Woohoo for Maya sleeping through that's great. It sounds like she's been sick, that's sad. Jonah was sick on his brithday and that was awful. I hope she's better soon and that she keeps sleeping through. How's she doing anyway? Coming along in leaps and bounds I'm sure. How have you been too?

Bel- Thanks for being glad that I am back So sorry you're having trouble with Coby. I'm hoping for your sake and sanity that it's just a phase.

Vanita-Thanks for being happy to see me Jonah is definitely growing like a mushroom, he's getting so heavy, it will be great when he has walking mastered and can do it on his own. That's a long time to wait for your MCHN visit, I hate it when they're that busy. It was like that when I first had Jonah, apparently they normally do a home visit first but they were too busy so I had to go in. So sorry to hear that Dion has been a sick bub, it's not nice when they get sick but you seem to have it happening often and boohoo at probably being diagnosed with asthma, that's really sad. Will you get him into swimming, that's supposed to be great for asthma. Hooray on the walking that's fab, and yay at the fire truck cake, did you make it yourself? I made Jonah's whale cake, I can't wait to make the next one, it was so much fun making it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend
    Last edited by Astrolady; August 6th, 2006 at 10:22 PM.

Hi Bec!! Love the photo of Jonah where he looks like he is about to be eaten by the bean bag!!! Classic! Glad to see you back. Hope i'm not the nasty person(!), but there seems to be a bit of that going on...I know of another BB member who had probs with another nasty pasty. Good attitude tho (up the bum...he he he)

Oh, all these comments about Brooke's photos...I'm off to view!

Pup seems to be back to his normal self - wish I was. Still feel a bit sick.
    DH reckons he's sicker...typical!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Hay Thanks for the welcome back That is a great pic isn't it? Hehehehehe Sorry that all of you have been sick, what is it with DH's thinking they are much sicker?? It's such a man thing.

Yep defintately a man thing, we have the same bug, but he's dying

LOL last time I posted on here Dion was asleep and the girls all playing in the bath, DOH I will never leave them alone in the bath again, The floor was flooded, it has taken me 12 towels to soak it up, ( there's another load of washing to do this arvo) Of course all the noise ( umm me telling the girls off, and confiscating their new toys) woke the boy up DOUBLE DOH>>> Well now the big girls are running around, picking up toys, sweeping and helping out like mad in the hope they can have their toys back for good behaviour... Whadaya reckon ladies??? Should I reverse the decision coz they've made sooo much effort LOL, yeah of course I will, but I'll wait til theyve finished unstacking the dishwasher LOL. Being a mum is a giggle hey....... I wish you could see them. ( Rianna went to bed so she's not getting into MORE mischief)

PS Bec, I hope I wasnt the nasty

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita-DOH! Lol at the girls running around helping after being naughty, good idea to wait until they're finished before giving them their stuff back.
    Last edited by Astrolady; August 6th, 2006 at 10:25 PM.

Hey Bec, you never know, I can be a touch, umm Odd, and you are nice, so maybe you'd reply to the nasty
    Yeah the girls can be sooo cute when trying to suck up, cant wait til you guys have little helpers...

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm hanging for helpers. Jonah was trying to watch my stepdad when he was washing the dishes the other day and I said to him he better be careful because as soon as he can do them it's going to be his job, lol. I love oddies, Ben's one of the oddest people I know and I love him, pmsl. And nahhh, I'm not that nice I would definitely not reply to the nasty. Thanks for saying I'm nice though

Bel, I forgot to say, lately when Dion is at his worst we try to calm him by putting on his favourite Dvd ( baby bright and brainy baby) giving him a drink, and a biscuit, thats the only time ATM that I get any peace. last night he was sooooo irritated, had been screaming for about an hr, no matter what we did, that I hopped into the shower with him, the warm water running on his back obviously did the trick, coz he put his head on my shoulder and chilled, keep battling babe im sure you'll find something that chills Coby.
    PS the other thing is playing tumblebugs on the computer, mesmerizes him!!!! LOL

cazoraz Guest

Hi all July mummies, happy birthday to all your little ones, hope they enjoyed their days!Just flying in and out, I do still read but dont get a chance very often and rarely post anymore sorry - too busy with uni and running around after 2 kids!

Just a quick question-
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofbundlezofjoy
    He has been a "chesty bub" since the bronchiolitis at 6 weeks, and will probably be diagnosed with asthma at 2 ( paeds and my opinoion)
    Coleman is the same, always getting bronchilitis, croup, coughs and colds, and his GP and paed have both said they think he's asthmatic and we have ventolin now for the coughing fits at night.
    Does your paed not diagnose asthma til 2yrs? I heard they differ and diagnose anywhere between 12-24months, I'm just wondering why and if perhaps our GP and paed might have been a bit hasty....he has been ok and hasnt needed his ventolin puffer for over a month now, and I'd prefer not to use it if its not necessary...

Ta
    xxxCaz

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwww thanks Brooke *mwah* you're such a sweetie

belmarks Guest

Just quickly, Congrats on setting a date Brooke, can't wait for my invitation to arrive in the mail - jokes!! tee he he. Good luck with the organising though.

Hey Caz, great to see you around the place, keep popping in whenever you can, we love to hear what you are all up to....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Brooke-Wooooooooooohooooooooooo on setting a date, I assume this is for the wedding? Congrats. That's so great, can't wait to see pics

Congrats on the wedding..... I am doing the whole suprise ( for Dh ) vow renewal next yr ( 10 yrs) wanna come???

Caz, they try not to diagnose til 2 yrs, as thats when the muscles in the lungs change texture. We tried Dion on ventolin last yr, but it didnt work, as until you are 2 the smooth muscle isnt developed, but of course as they grow it is developING so they have soem now ( which is the bit the ventolin has effect on) They said they will use venbtolin on him prior to being 2, but will not be officially "diagnosed" with asthma until then. I would only use teh ventolin on Cole when you felt he needed it. The twins are mild asthmatics and I only give preventer and ventolin as required, usually only when they have a cold or hay fever

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Censored , ahhhhhhhhh well what can you do.

Brooke – Congratulations on setting a date. We are always talking about having a holiday in WA, if you invite us you could have lots of BB members at your wedding. Amy has always gone to bed at around 9pm and she is usually tired by then. Some days she goes to sleep at 8pm and she mostly gets up at 9am. Her routine was based around me feeding her at night with working full time but as we have moved out further from the city, I don’t get home until 6pm now. When Amy wakes during the night we just go into her room but not say anything. If she is really bad, one of us will sleep on a matress next to her cot and this settles her. I think they need to know the difference between night and day and I would be trying to get her back to sleep. Regarding the feeding, I have made some really yummy meals for Amy out of an Organic baby cook book I have. I made a macaroni and cheese last night and she loved it – it has small macaroni shapes, garlic, herbs, cheese, homemade white sauce, mushrooms and peas. She tends not to like the single foods as much as these meals. First time she has had garlic breath! Just read a later post from you, Well done Maya for sleeping through!!! I will check out your hol pics.

Vanita – Tonsilitis is really painful poor thing, at least Dion is eating yoghurt. Give the girls their toys back!! My nephew has had bronchitis a lot since he was born and he may have ashma (he is 6mths old now).

Rachel
    – Maybe Blake is having a growth spurt and that’s why he is asking for food?
    AF arrived last week and we are skipping TTC this month because we both want to lose some weight first. I haven’t skated for 25 years!!! So I would have no idea what they are wearing now. My competition costumes were mainly one colour with diamontes (sp?) on them. I’m sure when you go to the fabric shop you will find the perfect fabric and design.

Bel – Sorry about your friends baby, that is such a terrible thing. I’ll have a think about what you could do for them. I don’t know what to suggest to help with Coby, you poor thing. Hopefully the clingyness won’t last long.

Kate – Kelsey’s birth sounds amazing and you did so well. Spotlight sometimes has curtains on special especially with their main sales. Glad Kelsey had a great time playing with her cousins. The pain is not good but I’m not sure what you can do, try to take it easy. My cousin’s boys are 13 months and she had C/S and couldn’t lift her 1st either. Bananas help when Amy gets diarrhoea.

Hay – Sorry to hear that you are all sick, hope you get better soon.

Bec – Welcome back! I was wondering why you don’t post in here anymore, we have missed you and hearing how Jonah is going. It will be great to see him on Friday and see him taking some steps.

Deb – Hope you had a great weekend. Hi Caz

We have started toilet training Amy. We have a seat to go on our toilet as we decided not to use a potty. She always wees when her nappy comes off so I put her on the toilet but nothing happened and I wouldn’t expect it to for a while. When I was in the toilet, she squatted and did a wee just outside the toilet when I was going so I think she sort of understands. Had a great weekend and went to the beach which Amy loved. Went to an engagement party and Amy was dancing with her friend. Lost 3.7kg on Tony Ferguson last week and we are skipping TTC this month to try to lose more weight.

belmarks Guest

Gemma, WTG on the weight loss, that's brilliant! See told ya it works! That's cute that Amy was dancing with her friend, and good on you for toilet training, I put Coby on our toilet the other day because he was desperately trying to poo (sorry for tmi) and couldn't push it out while sitting. We've also got the attachment for the toilet seat, hope it works ok, might try putting him on there before the bath, he always wees before I put him in the bath, must be the sound of the running water...

Brooke, how'd you go at the GP? Any progress on the ear infection?

Hay - where are you honey?

Same to you Deb, where are you? How are you feeling? Feeling PG yet?

Hey Vanita, how are you? How is the situation with Dions tantrums, have they eased?

Kate, how's Kelse? Hope she's feeling better soon, nothing worse than that, your bottom hurts after a while, poor little chook!

Well we FINALLY had a nice day today, Coby was a pleasure today, but I guess tomorrow might be a different story, every day is different! Not much happening here, so I'll sign off for now and hope that you are all having good days with the bubs xxoo

Oh wow you girls have had a chatty weekend!
    Hi to Caz and Bec! Good to hear how the kids are doing.

I don't think I will attempt to comment to all your posts.

Brooke- the wedding location sounds dreamy. Of course we would love to come to the Denmark down there and celebrate with you, but it isn't a time we are usually travelling to Australia. Will think about it though.

Kate - how's Kelsey's diarrhoea? Hope it has stopped.

Gemma - thats a huge weight loss for the first week! You must be happy about that. Wow for potty training. I think Al is still a long way from that.

Hay - sorry to hear AF arrived. Hope you're ok.

We have been swimming a lot and Al is getting more and more confident in the pool, so it is paying off.
    He is walking a lot better as well, doing Frankenstein, like some of your kids.
    He is back into eating dinner, which is a relief. And saying hi and hello more now.
    The trip away was short and sweet. Very primitive living arrangements, and of course not much of a holiday for me, as I was keeping an eye on DS the whole time. DH even got long naps in!!!!! Grrrrr. I am a bit worn out and could do with some time off, but its not easy without family being around.Sorry for the whinge.Thank god for you lot, I have somewhere to vent a bit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast