Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #13

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks Gemma
    Hi Deb
    Bel-Hooray for a good day with Coby, fingers crossed he has more good than bad.
    Kate-Hope that peg appears soon, poor little Kelse, have a great time at your picnic today. I hope the weather stays lovely

Hi girls, nothing much happeneing here. I'm still sick and feeling crappy. Was going to take Pup to the drs today about some strange red mark on his foot, but I forgot about the appt and anyway, the red mark seems to be going...if it is still there tonight, I'll make another appt tomorrow.

Feeling a bit down in the dumps - probably because of feeling sick, but also vbecause of blasted AF. i feel so out of control with it all and that blasted biological clock is ticking over my head!

DH seems to be just ****ting me with anythign and everything lately. Nothing specific but I just wish sometimes he'd THINK about things and help me out instead pf spending all his free time doing CFA or baseball crap.

Vent over..sorry bout that.

belmarks Guest

oh Brooke, its ok, you're not hurting her, I had to do it with Coby a few months back, his sleeping was ridiculous and now we have a wonderful sleeper who doesn't even make a fuss when I put him down. Like you said, she knows what she is doing and she knows, therefore, that when she cries in the middle of the night, mummy and daddy will come and get me and I can go and sleep in their bed with them. Believe me, it will only be a day or two and she'll get the message and then you'll all be happy and well rested!! I used the baby whisperer techniques of picking up and as soon as they stop crying put them back down, but never bring them verticle, just always lying when you pick them up, that way they get the idea that they aren't getting up, but you are there for them if they really need you. If she really was distressed, she wouldn't continue to sleep, she'd keep waking and crying like she would if she were sick. Dan sounds wonderful, very supportive, thats great because you do need it when you are doing something like this...Good luck with it, and keep us updated on Maya's progress.

Hay, you ok honey? You do sound down in the dumps, hopefully we can cheer you up a bit. Don't worry about DH, mine's the same, they're very annoying aren't they!!

Hi girls,

Bel Ė Thanks for the congrats, I still have a long way to go. It was great to hear that you had a good day with Coby and I hope today is the same. I hope the toilet training goes well. Last night Amy loved putting the toilet paper in the toilet while she was sitting on it so she is starting to work it out.

Deb Ė Thatís great that Al is going so well in the pool, it must help in so many ways especially for their general health too. You must be pleased that he is eating dinner again, I suppose they are going to go through so many different phases. Sorry to hear about your trip, do rest up and take it easy if you can.

Kate Ė I hope you are having fun at the National Park with your Mums group, what a great idea and it is such a nice day today. Thanks for the congrats. I donít think it would be suitable for bf but I will check. It is definitely a no no for pg as most diets are. WA is a beautiful state and we would like to explore it properly too. Nothing has happened yet with the potty training but Amy seems to be getting close. Iím sure Kelseyís teeth are not too far away.

Hay Ė Hope pup is okay. Sorry to hear you are not feeling good ATM, chin up things can only get better . My biological clock is ticking too, maybe take Debís advice and do yoga and not worry about TTC as much. That is what we are going to do when we TTC next month.

Brooke Ė I havenít heard of controlled comforting before. It is good that it worked for Maya and I was right there with you and Dan when I was reading your post. It is so hard when they cry. As I said before, we now leave Amy and donít pick her up and one of us just sleeps on a matress in her room when we have to. I remember reading in the baby whisperer that you should pick the baby up just enough to settle them before putting them down and not pick them up for your benefit and that is why we donít pick her up. The 30 seconds that you hold her for sounds kind of similar. I really thing that what you are doing will suit Maya as she is smart and should learn to settle. DH has been giving Amy single foods but I like her to have meals now and she enjoys them. Great news that you found a good GP.

Hi Vanita, Rachel & Bec!

Amy now chases the dogs and cat and just squeals as she runs after them. They donít seem to mind because when she catches them she just pats them. We took her to a dog event on Sunday and she squealed every time she saw a dog. I think she will be an animal lover like her mum and dad!

The hugs were for Hayseed, I just put it in the wrong place!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hay-Awwww I'm sorry things are crappy with you right now. Bloody DH's huh, what can you do? I hope things get sorted out soon

Just letting you know that Jonah's site has been update FINALLY

cazoraz Guest

OK I am going to attempt some personals and give an update, I apologise in advance if they are outdated or unnecessary, I cant keep up with all the posts!!

Gemma - sounds like you have an animal lover for sure! Coleman loves our kitten too, he has no fear of it at all and chases him everywhere - doesnt mind if he gets scratched or bitten at all!

Brooke - so sorry to hear you're having such a crappy time with Maya's sleeping. I used CC with Lucy when she was younger than Maya even - it can be hard to hear, but you will feel sooooo much better if it works! And so will she benefit from having longer sleep if you can get her used to it. Good luck!

Hayseed - sorry to hear you're feeling crappy, hope things pick up for you soon.

Kate - bugger to read of Kelse' diarreah (sp), that cant be fun. Hop eyou enjoyed your picnic in the park!

Sunbeam Koala - glad to hear Al loves to swim, and sounds like he's been walking for awhile too! I wish Cole would hurry up and walk so I can stop worrying about his physio problems.

As for us - Coleman turned 1 on the 1st July, we had a great party with all his cousins, aunties & uncles over. He is crawling but still mainly commando crawling and although he loves to stand doesnt have very good pelvic stability so we are still seeing the physio every other month and doing physio every day with him to get him up to speed. Who would have thought he would still be having repocusions from his torticollis at birth now, 12months later! Oh well - I will be so relieved when he does start walking so I can relax a little. Lucy was a late bloomer physically (just through laziness though, not injury) and didnt walk til 15months, so I wont worry about Cole not walking til after then.

I am on full time teaching rounds at the moment, only have 8wks of uni left FOREVER! I am so relieved it is almost over!! Then I have a few months off before my teacher registration is all through and I can start working fulltime. I am in the midst of applying for jobs for next year so up to my armpits in paperwork right now:eek:

Chat soon!
    xxxCaz

cazoraz Guest

Oh and Bec - hi, how are you and Jonah?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Caz, Jonah and I are really good, thanks for asking. You can see how big he's getting if you look at his album. How's Cole travelling?

cazoraz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tigergirl1980
    How's Cole travelling?
    Slowly He has been slow with his milestones due to his injury at birth that he's been having physio for, but he's crawling at least so we're stoked. Is Jonah walking yet?

Wow, just had a look at some pics of Jonah, he looks so much like Ben! I think our boys are quite similar in size (well DER they were only born 8hrs apart!)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Nope not walking yet but extremely close, I'd say by the end of this month. Yep everyone says he looks like Ben. How big is Cole now? At his last weigh and measure just before his birthday he was 80cms and 11.5kgs.

cazoraz Guest

At his 12month checkup (which we had at 13months cos my mum was in town and I kept forgetting!) he was 79.5cm and 10.3kilos, so yep pretty much the same. Compared to Lucy though he looks HUGE cos Lucy at almost 3yrs old is only about 90cm tall and weighs a whopping 13kilos, she is a titch! There is a picture of them on our family site I think sitting together on a couch - if you couldnt see her long legs you would think he is older!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I tried looking for that pic but I couldn't find it. Lucy does look small though and Cole is definitely catching up fast. Cole really looks like you.

cazoraz Guest

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Wow he does look older than she does. He's very big. How tall is Phil?

cazoraz Guest

Phil is 6ft exactly, and I am about 5ft6" I think, so maybe he'll take after his daddy (though yes he does look like me doesnt he? I'm glad I got one kid that looks like me!!)

Ben's really tall isnt he? I wonder if Jonah will take after his daddy there too?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yep, Ben is 6ft7, so yeah Jonah will definitely take after him. He's off the charts for his height already. I'm 5ft7 so not short but not tall either.

Thanks for the hugs and words of comfort girls. Means a lot.

Just wanted to jump on and say to Brooke that i guess to some extent i use a form of CC - although not to the letter of how it is widely used. What I do is put Pup down in his cot after going through the same ritual every night (dinner, 45 mins play, bath, PJs, breastfeed, bed) and usually he just goes straight to sleep. Sometimes he stands up straightaway (before I've even got out of his room) and starts playing up. This is usually due to 2 things; 1) he is still hungry/thirsty; or 2) he is trying it on.

I usually give him about 3 mins to see if he stops. 70% of the time, he will just lay down and go to sleep. 20% of the time he will keep going and I can settle him after giving him about 80 - 100ml of milk. 10% of the time nothing seems to make the slightest bit of difference. For those times, I pick him up and clean him up (he has usually cried so much he has tears and snot running down his face) and give him a bit of a cuddle to settle him down (stop the crying). I then put him down again and see if he will go to sleep. Most times, just this once will be ok, but we've had half a dozen occasions where I have been in and out of his room for over an hour doing this. in the end, I have been known to pick him up and bring him out to the lounge room to settle him. I know it is stimulating him, but it is the only thing I can think to do. by this stage, he is not stopping crying in his room even with me cuddling him. Once we are out of his room, he settles down. I make him sit with me or DH on the sofa and just settle down (no playing...just watch tv). After about 15 - 20 minutes, I take him back to his room and put him in his cot again. So far, this has worked everytime for those usual settling nights.

I used to be 100% against CC, and some people even with kids still are. But honestly, with DH not in the house very much, if I ran to Pup every time he cried because he had to be put down to sleep, I would be forever running back and forward. Of course, i never let him go for too long and you know in your own heart what is a wingey cry and what is a pain cry or a scared cry. And I never let him become hysterical. But so long as he's fed, warm, safe, dry....well yeah, sometimes i do let him cry a little bit. Sort of that cruel to be kind philosophy.

It's kinda hard to explain this without coming off sounding like a shrew who lets her kids scream themselves to sleep, but I'm sure you all know what i mean!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast