Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born in July 2006 #3

Hi all - its been so long so i wont do PM this time. went to QE2 2 weeks ago to try to get zac to sleep - left after 2 days as they didnt help. went to newcastle last week to see the family. MIL now finaly understands how hard it has been with Zac. she even sat me down to make sure i was coping. saw my mum twice and have decided i will no longer talk to her. Zac does not like her and i am fed up with her attidute towards DH and me.
    Zac has been sleeping then all of a sudden woken up screaming as well. i think he is refluxing again i can hear it coming up. gave him some milanta and he has fallen asleep. he has been sleeping a fair bit at the moment. we are going to try and move him from our bed to his cot tomorrow he has started stirring at 5am and he hits and kicks me i think maybe he wants some more room in the bed. going to get him weighed next week expecting him to be up near the 6kg mark. he has been smiling and cooing for a while now but has found how to pull at the toys on his play mat. his favorite is the shapes and when we give it to him it goes straight into his mouth. looks like i am going to have to watch out now
    better go before he wakes up

Back again!

Boisey Don't worry I still have a 'flubbery' tummy too and have not been doing enough excercise so it is my own fault. It feels and looks disgusting. I have been doing crunches occasionally and walking occasionally too but who has the time or the energy to do much more than that. I am still 10kg above my pre-pregnancy weight and 17kg above my goal weight (I was overweight and trying to lose weight when I fell pregnant) and 27kg above my dream weight!!! Oh well will hopefully get to pre-pregnancy weight sometime at least. So don't worry Cyn I am there with you still in some maternity clothes not in normal pants or skirts yet,

Chantal Good luck moving Zac to his cot I am going to be doing that soon too as Dylan has only a couple of inches before his head will be hitting the top of the bassinet.

KMH Gorgeous photo of Charlotte how grown up she looks, reminds me I need to get summer hats for Dylan and sunnies. AF returned for me this week but was quite light and finished after 4 days which is unusual for me. Also it started on the same date as my last period before Dylan so if I conceived this month the baby would have the exact same due date as Dylan did plus a year how freaky (not that I am trying to conceive yet, haven't even DTD yet).

Bubsey I too don't have many summer clothes for Dylan as yet and he is still in 000's and now going into some 00's and a lot of the 00 stuff I have for him is winter stuff which I am sure I will not get use out of I guess it is hard to guess how fast or slow they will grow.

Fee I hate exercising too yuk. I heard that the age when you will start getting teeth is hereditary so if you got your first tooth at 4 months Cooper may too. I was wondering about Dylan last week as he had red cheeks and was drooling and grumpy but no teeth have come through.

Fraser It is hard to know what to dress them in or put them to bed with when it is hot isn't it as they can't tell us how they feel. Yesterday was 29 here in Melb and I was not sure what to put over Dylan in bed or whether to wrap him or not, in the end he was wrapped in a jersey cotton wrap and later in the night I put a thin blanket over him.

Anyway off to look at Ebay.

Fraser Guest

quick one - will be back shortly BUT.....

Charlie loves me wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! this morning he gazed into my eyes smiled and touched my face with his and.............

He always smiles at me but he has never touched my face before - we were lying in bed together and he was finishing up feeding ( you spit it out suck it in spit it out) and I looked at him and said something like 'Come on young man' and he smiled and his eyes lit up and then the little hand made its way to my face!!!

it was beautiful - poor boy I proceeded to kiss and kiss and kiss him!

will be back to post personals - just had to quickly tell you that!

Fee Guest

Guess what?! I've heard Cooper do a bit of a giggle before, but yesterday I was playing with him and was giving him big loud smacking kisses on each cheek and he was laughing his head off! Made me crack up too. Hopefully he'll start doing it more and we can get it on video.

Cooper didn't sleep very well last night. I did his last feed around 6.30 pm. He was having trouble settling and I put his mobile on which made him doze off. Then around 7.15 pm he was still half awake and started grizzling. I went in to his room and could smell poo so I changed his nappy and put him back down. Then he was properly crying. So I thought I'd do another feed (to sleep). Even after that feed he wasn't settling. Eventually he drifted off to sleep – somewhere around 8.15 pm. WEIRD!!!

Then he woke at 1.30 am … what the?! Next feed was 7.15 am. He's now been asleep (wrapped) for about 30 minutes.

The last couple of nights Cooper has been a bit funny once put to bed for the night. Normally he doesn’t make a peep. I'm scared it will move on to his one middle of the night feed. I've never really had to settle him in the middle of the night (and also that last feed before bed). He always goes back to sleep without any help from me. I hope it stays this way.

And that's the other thing - normally his one middle of the night feed is between 2-4am. So I was surprised when he woke at 1.30 am as the night before it was 4.40 am!!!

Bubseykel – Wow Danielle will be in Os soon?! I tried Cooper in his first 00 last night – a bodysuit and it fit. I was very excited. But this morning I tried a little 00 suit on him and it was too big. So yeah I think 000 will do him for a little while longer.

kmh – The only concern I have with wrapping is the weather. Won't it be too hot soon? I've been using muslin at the moment as it is quite stretchy and I find I can keep Cooper's arms in most of the time.

Cassie – Hi Cassie! Sounds like Dylan is developing very well. It's fun when they start grabbing onto things!

chantal25 – How did Zac's weigh in go?

Fraser – How sweet about Charlie …. awwwww!

hey emily i know how you feel bailee dose that to me every now and then and all i do is cry i think of the ad on telly with the song it must be love and i cry my daughter dose it too and she is two well iv disided it time to do something with my weight ivv been overweight foe 8 years and im sick of it so now im on jenny craig today is my first day and iv gotta eat 6 meals a day im not that hungrey but i have to eat it i hope it works out for me i really need to do this for my kids and hubby
    well im off got meet a friend as we are starting a business and were experamenting to see wat we can do well chat to ya all soon

hello all - Zac is in his OWN bed sleeping! yeh!!! i just gave him a feed to slep then put him in his bed and he has stayed asleep. this is good as he went hypo at his last feed. he attached but was pulling me like mad in every which direction wanting to look around like he could not stay still. took half an hour to calm him down.
    Fraser - that is so sweet! it just makes your heart melt.
    Fee - havent had Zac weighed yet - was not able to get to mothers group to have it done as my car had to be towed when we got back home to be repaired. we almost go stuck in the middle of no were with no battery as the alternater belt broke halfway home. we only just made it.
    I am also still having trouble putting Zac to sleep during the day without being on my breast. Trying to organise a day stay at the clinic so we will see what happens

hi
    OMG the last 24 hours have been hell, Charlotte wont settle and she has been screaming so much, i htought i would go to the shops yesterday to go and get a birthday present and get some pics printed up, she slept inl the car and then cryed most of the time there i put her in her carrier and she cryed, at the end i lsft her to cry as we were walking to the car and she developed this cry like she was losing her voice, we then ahd to go to a party she fell asleep in my arms when we got there, and then when she woke up she would not settle, got her home and she feed and went to sleep, she only slept for 4 hours (she has been doing 7) and then she woke up 3 1/2 hours later, then today she has been fighting to go to sleep so i have had to rock her in my arms to get her to sleep.

Chantal- yay for zac sleeping in his won bed., i bet you enjoyed sleeping by your self.

Baizar- i too am over weight however with me B/F the weight is slowly coming off, i have droped a dress size and around 10 kilos pre pregnancy weight. Good Luck.

Fee- that is so cute, i carn't wait for Charlotte to laugh, she has started to giggle sort of manily when she is playing with her a-frame.

Em- that is so cute, i love the huggies ad.

Cassie - do you buy things off e-bay i am looking in to selling a breast pump on their as i have two of them.

Well i hope everyone is having a great weekend, i can only hope mine gets better.

Where is everyone?

I have just managed to get Dylan to have more than a 20 minute nap yay for me and I took Fee's idea of wrapping during the day which I don't usually do with Dylan. He did sleep for about 20 mins all warpped up in a snug blanket and then he woke up and instead of getting him up I rewrapped and rocked him back to sleep yayayay!!! So happy.

KMH I have never bought or sold anything on Ebay but would like to buy some stuff cos I know oyu can get some things heaps cheaper.

Fee Ooooh you are so lucky I am still waiting for Dylan to laugh and I can't wait he is smiling lots of he makes happy noises but they are not quite a laugh as yet.

Fraser That's gorgeous I have noticed Dylan looking at me with love occasionally too I think it is love it is a gooey kinda smile that he does during feeds and also sometimes at night when I am trying to settle him it melts my heart.

Chantal Yay for Zac.

I can't stay on here for long as I've got a flat out day today. We had Danielle's 3 month check up with the MCHN on Friday and this is what she is now.

Weight - 6.23kg
    Length - 61cm
    Head - 41cm

She's grown up so much over the last 6 weeks. Her eyes seem fine now so we don't need to go to the specalist now which is good. They've put her in the 75th percentile for her weight and her height so she's a pretty big girl. The K Mart tops I bought her the other day that were 0's are fitting her now but I think they must be small sizings as her some of her Taret clothes are 000's and still fitting. It just doesn't make sense!! She's definately more a 00 I think.

Sorry guys - must be off already - we've got new Mother's Group starting today for 3-7 months of age this afternoon and we are off to the gym this morning.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

hi all
    bubs- what cloth nappies do you use? and would you recomend them? i am thinking of switching charlotte over to cloth nappies all the time, i use just normal cloth nappies at them moment with a plastic wrap like they use in the hospitals, i have worked out the cost and to use cloth all the time will be cheaper in the long run.

Kel - I use Baby Beehinds. I love them!! I have more accidents with disposables then I do with the Beehinds. They are quite expensive (my package cost me $700) but they are so easy to use and care for. I've even started using them when I go out as they are just so easy! Check out their website and have a sticky beak. You can buy them as a package or seperately. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more again if I needed to.

hi all - what a weekend! spent yesterday with a friend who has a baby 11 days older then zac whos going through similar problems. Zacs colic is getting better but he his reflux is getting worse. clinic is booking us in for a day stay to try and get zac to sleep during the day without dh or i having to be with him. MIL is coming down at the end of the month to help us out for a few days i am realy looking forward to that.
    KMH - have only managed to put zac in his cot twice. he still has a snotty nose and it keeps waking him up. on the plus side i think i know what is causing it - a reation to the washing powder we are useing. we washed some of his cloths when we were in newcastle with MILs washing powder and his snotty nose disipered. when we washed his cloths again in our washing powder his snotty nose came back.
    CASSIE - yahfor getting him back to sleep. keep it up

Hi Girls!

Well things for us and little Jenno (as DH calls him) are getting better every day thanks to my miracle man...I have to say that if it wasnt for our Osteopath..I would have gone mad by now and poor Jensen would still be in pain!

But...I went and saw the health care nurse yesterday and shes a bit concerned about Jensens weight...he weighs 5.2kg and she thinks it not enough...hmmm...then she says do you have enough milk...geez its not easy trying to get everything right without over worrying about every little thing...I dont think Im running out of milk and I guess Jensen isnt going to be a big chubba bubba...all babies are different arnt they!

Kelly kmh- Yeah I love DFO too...but its a 45min drive and just dont get the time! And WOW 19kg's well done skinny minnie!!! And yay for Charlotte sleeping 7 hours... whats your night time routine?

Em- Would I dare mock your amazing Tassie weather?? After all isnt Tassie known for its hot summer days and balmy tropical nights!! Bit like bloody melbourne!
    And a BIG Awwwwwwwwwww at Charlie doing the Huggies ad....touching your face...how beautiful for you!

Fee- thanks for your advise re teething... I think Jensen is just a bit of a dribbler!
    And Fee you little petit thing you! Only 50 odd kgs..man my dog weighs more than you!! lol!!! Glad that your back in your normal clothes...Ill get there one soon I hope!

Kel- Well sister I know exactly how you feel re being a bit heavier than we want to! Im doing heaps of excersise ...well as much as Jensen will allow me to! Im thinking of hiring a treadmill dor a couple of months...Ive never been heavy in my life and all my normal clothes are size 10 and I think Im almost a size 14 at the moment!!
    And whats this about your MIL!! How dare she say things to hurt your feelings!!! Whats does she say? Whens your birthday?

Cassie- Hey babe welcome back!! Glad to hear that all is well with you and Dylan! Im sure that by christmas we will be lighter and fitting into our normal clothes! Im finding at the moment that being heavy affects alot of things...like DTD..dont really want to do it as I feel yuck about my body...and I feel like all my clothes are so tight ...especially around my tummy and bum...grrrr!!! But at the end of the day Jensen is sooooo worth it...I wouldnt change it for the world! Just wish i had more time to excercise!

Ok well Im off to eat a whole chocolate mud cake! Ahhhhh NOT!!
    HAve a great day kids!
    Love
    Cyn

Chantal- Zac sounds alot like how Jensen used to be...perhaps you should try an osteopath like we did...the change was instant!!

Fee Guest

Cooper was weird yesterday – well by late in the day. He ended up having a feed around 4.00 pm. He was so happy after, full of smiles and goos. So we thought we'd visit Mark's parents (Cooper doesn't nap after his second last feed of the day). Anyway Cooper just got all upset once we were there. Crying and stuff. Weird!!! When we got home he was fine.

Anyway we gave him a bath around 6.00 pm and even though it was 2 hours since his last feed I thought I'd try to feed him again as I normally do his last feed at this time (somehow yesterday his feeds were done at different hours to normal). Anyway he wouldn't feed at all – kept crying when I tried to attach him.

So I put him to bed. He grizzled a bit but I expected that as he's recently started grizzling when we put him to bed every night (he never used to at all). Anyway he fell asleep fairly quickly but woke up an hour later crying. So I assumed he must be hungry because he had his last feed at 4.00 pm (it was now about 8.00 pm).

So I tried to feed him and he just cried again when I lay him down across my lap. It was weird. Mark had to come in and try to calm him. But he wouldn't feed at all. Then Mark said to go and eat my dinner while he tried to settle Cooper to sleep again. The only way Cooper would stay quiet was if Mark had him high over his shoulder. Cooper was happily sucking on Mark's shoulder. So then Mark had the idea to lap Cooper across his lap on his tummy and then Cooper was madly sucking on Mark's finger. There was drool EVERYWHERE!

Mark called me in and got me all set up in the feeding chair. He then just transferred Cooper from sucking his finger to sucking my boob! It was a smooth operation. And then Cooper fed.

I was hoping he'd do his usual 10 hours between feeds (or even 8) which would take him to 6.00 am. But no, he woke at 2.00 am and then 5.00 am!!!

I'm wondering if he could be teething? Mum said I got my first tooth at 4 months.

Anyway we're off to the clinic this afternoon for Cooper's 12 week check. Hope all is well.

Baiza – What sort of a business are you starting?

chantal25 – Sometimes Cooper has feeds like the one you mentioned – he goes mental moving around and pulling me etc. It's quite frustrating.

When are you going to the sleep school?

kmh – Sorry to hear Charlotte had a bad day the other day. Cooper has developed a cry which sounds like the one you mentioned. He cries so much he sort of chokes/loses his voice. It's quite traumatic!

Cassie – Hope the wrapping is working. I am trying it for the hope that Cooper doesn't wake up – or if he does stir he feels secure in the wrap. Once or twice he got his arms out but unfortunately I couldn't rewrap and settle – it was too late for that! So I use muslin – it's quite stretchy and I can wrap it really tight.

Bubseykel – The different sizing is weird isn't it. Cooper weighed 6.3 kgs two weeks ago and he is still in 000s! I wouldn't even think to buy 0 size stuff!

Boisey – Glad things are going well with "Jenno"! And yes like you said, all babies are different. They can't all be big chubba bubbas! Be thankful – Cooper totally wrecks my arms and back – they are always aching!

Hi Girls, I haven`t been in here for a while been too busy wioth Dr appointments and trying to get rid of this infection which I`ve had for 5 weeks in my perinium area, I have 3 salt baths a day for the infection.

Fee - While reading your post I was thinking I wonder if Cooper may be teething as well. I hope tonight is a better night for you.

KMH - I use cloth, I love my prefolds they are very easy and very cheap to buy, I`ve also just brought some Bamboo Baby Beehinds they are wonderful, my only regret is that I didn`t buy them for Matthew right from the early days but atm they are fitting him so I use the one size on both boys.

Cyn - All babies are different and if the nurse is going by the chart in the blue bok it`s all wrong for a BF baby it`s more acurate for a formula fed baby and as you say all babies are different, I wouldn`t worry, the main thing is that he does gain weight.

Bubs - Glad all is going well with Danielle

Cassie - Yay for the good sleep.

Nothing much going on here, Adrian`s doing well, growing like a mushroom, his appointment is on MOnday for his weight check, haven`t been for about 4 weeks so it`ll be interesting to know what he weighs now.

Take Care

Dee

creating a new thread for you girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678