Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2006 #3

hi all
    fee- i think Charlotte was having a yuck moment with feeding friday night, she then went on to sleep 7 hours after that. So far we have had not to many troubles with B/F. I know what it is like when you have to be away from everyone with feeding or settling we went to a 40th a few weeks ago and Charlotte would not sleep i sat in my FIL bedroom trying to settle when Tim was having a great time, in the end someone took her to get to sleep so i could get out to talk to everyone esle.

Em- I hate it when they cry like that. it makes you upset, Charlotte did it the day after her neddles.

I have a date for Charlottes tounge tie op its in 3 weeks, i rang them and i told them i was having trouble with feeding sometimes and they pushed her forward. Yay.

Fee Guest

Cooper is being strange today with his sleeps. Had his usual naps of only 1 hour this morning. Then I was having trouble getting him to sleep after the next feed/play session. Nothing was working. Eventually (2 hours after his feed) I carried him and he fell asleep on my shoulder in about 2 seconds (bad habit but I was desperate). I thought I'd try wrapping him (which I don't normally do as he tries to get his arms out) and I thought I'd try closing the blinds in his room. Anyway he's been asleep for 2 hours now! And it's 4 hours since his last feed. Normally he goes 3 hours between feeds. Normally his "routine" is feed and awake for an hour, then he gets tired so I put him to sleep and he then only sleeps for an hour. This then means he is awake 1 hour before his next feed is due, so we do more play time then.

Maybe the wrapping is working? Although I tried it this morning and it didn't make him sleep longer than an hour. Unless it's the blinds being closed? But then at other times he is fine sleeping with the sun coming in. So confusing!

Fraser Yes I was reading about Tulip and Lucas. How strange! It's scary when babies have these freak outs especially when it's not normal for them. I mean Cooper never cries long and if I pick him up he stops instantly. The other night was seriously scary. I hope you are okay after Charlie's outburst.

baiza I'm trying all sorts of tricks with Cooper at the moment! He's normally great at putting himself to sleep but my current problem is the length of time for which is sleeps. Otherwise the settling problems have been when we're out. It was way too noisy for Cooper at our friend's house. He's normally pretty good at home.

kmh What happens with the tongue tie op? Is it simple?

Hi all!!
    OMG!!! Jensen had a freak out attack yesterday too!!! I got such a bad fright!! He was asleep in his cot and then all of a sudden he was mental!! Screaminga nd kicking and he wouldnt stop...so I carried him around...singing to him...but nothing worked...I thought perhaps he had been bitten by a spider or something...but couldnt find anything and he had no marks on him...so like you Em....I took off my top and went skin to skin and he finally settled...phew!!! Hes awake talk soon!

hi all
    fee- the tounge tie op is simple though she has to go under. they laser the skin between the tounge and the bottom of her mouth, i have been told it will only take about 10 mins.

Boisey- i wonder what is happening to all the babies Charlotte did it tonight, i was having a shower and she started to cry so i got out and it took me awhile to settle her, she was asleep but has woken up and is crying.
    i must be off

bailee has done it too i reckon it there teeth starting to come thought meaniign they must be starting to move up and it hurts that all i think it could be i rub bailees gums the other day after on of those crying attacks and he seem to come down a lttle and he bit down on my figure like there was no tomorrow try it you your babies and see if they bit down try and do when it not there feed time so they wont wanna suck im going to the nurse ina couple of weeks so im going toask them about it

Crikey! What's going on with our bubbas?!?!?

Sarina has discovered the sound of her voice since Saturday. She had been making little noises but now it seems like she can hear herself and likes it! Then keeps making little more noises and then giggles. Very cute. But equally, will scream out when unhappy about being hot, hungry, tired.....much more than last week. Definately didn't like the heat the other day. Roll on Wednesday when it's supposed to be 30 degrees...ooo...

Fee - The maternal helpline number is 13 22 29. Can take a while to get through but have been told they're experienced maternal nurses so worth the wait.

Wow - everyone's had their hands full. I'm so lucky (knocking on wood) that Danielle hasn't really had a major freakout for ages. The last one she has was went she was very young. She had a major pewk in her bed - but I found a reason. I hope I can handle it when she does have one.

Our weekend was good. Go you Mighty Eagles!!!! We left on Friday noon. It took only an hour and a half to get there and Danielle slept the whole way but as soon as we got there she wanted a feed which was cool. The place was an old 60's beach house but did the job. Danielle slept perfectly in her portacot with her normal hours from about 8ish to 6.30ish except for Sunday night which she slept from 7pm when we arrived at the restaurant but I woke her when we got home, fed her again and went straight back to sleep until 7am. She was pretty much perfect during the whole weekend even during the game where it was so noisy (we went to the local Country Club - the only place with beer on tap). She was a bit upset with the noise to start with but went there was we just jiggled her about on our knees and she thought it was great fun. The worst thing was she fell asleep in my arms during the final quarter so I couldn't scream but I managed to get one arm free to wave a streamer but she woke in a fit when the siren went but I took her outside and settled her and she was fine again. It was good as my SIL and DH both took turns to hold and play with her during the game. I hear you guys about the game though - I ended up having to stop drinking at half time and drive everyone back to the house - not happy Jan!! I was hoping for once DH would do it seeing I've been doing it for a good year now!! But I guess I know Danielle's being looked after properly by me and not a drunk me! It was hard to dress Danielle though - in the mornings it was cold so on Saturday I dressed her in her Eagles jumper, jeans, shoes, the works but by the end of the game she was sitting in just a singled jumpsuit as it was so hot! I loved the time away and I think Danielle did too except my SIL thought it was a complete holiday for her on Sunday where I did pretty much everything whist she read the papers. Gave me the shirts a bit but otherwise it was great!! My advice Em - go on a little holiday not to far away but you don't realise how much you need to take for them!! Our car was full of Danielle's things!! We even put Danielle's feet in the sand so she could feel the sand between her toes!!

Oh - I weighed Danielle at Mother's Group on Thursday - she was 6.5 kilos clothed. Even if I took off 1/2 a kilo for nappy, clothes, she still would be 6kg - she's put on 300gms in a week - eeek!! She's a big girl!! We have our 3 month check on Friday so we'll see how that goes. She's got a thing at the moment of poking out her tounge especially when we do it - it's so cute!!

I wanted to go to the Eagles Parade with Danielle today but it's raining and I don't really want to take her in the rain - we'll stay home and tape it for Dad instead!
    I hope everyones babies have settled down now. Danielle woke at 3.30am this morning for a feed but I think that's because I put her to bed early so I could go to bed but she's still asleep now.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Hopefully this week's a better week for everyone!!

hi all
    i got Charlotte weighed yesterday, she weighs 4.830kgs and is 55.5cms long, i can not belive she still under 5kgs.She was so restless last night it took a while to get her to sleep.
    we are off to my BIL tonight as they found out that there baby dose not have downs, they had a 1-20 chance they found out last night, they are so happy.

Bubs- sounds like you had a great weekend away. I love getting away, I am off to Queensland in a few weeks, i can not wait.

Royauk, the MCH line is great, but it takes so long to talk to someone, one of my friends were on hold for 2 hours before she hung up. Charlotte seems to do fine with the heat, she loves just being in a singlet and nappy.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Fee Guest

I went shopping with mum and dad earlier - was a disaster. I can't find anything to wear to this wedding we've got next weekend. Also Cooper kept crying in his pram. Turned into a scream after a while. I nearly chucked a tanty myself and said to mum and dad "let's go". Cooper kept screaming.

We put him in the car and he was okay for a few minutes. Had someone waiting for our park. Dad and I were trying to put the pram in the boot but we had forgotten to lay the seat of the pram down flat (Mark and I have only just started sitting Cooper up in it and Mark is usually the one to put the pram away). We tried 3 times to get the pram in the boot but it wouldn't fit. Finally I realised why. Doh! I was totally flustered by this stage, especially with this car waiting on our spot. Plus Cooper had started screaming again. Mum was in the back of the car with him trying to calm him. I think if I had been on my own I would have freaked out and probably yelled at this car waiting for me.

Then Cooper screamed for a while on the way home - whenever we stopped at a red light. Finally he fell asleep. He's driving me mental with his day sleeps at the moment... I just don't get why he doesn't sleep if he's tired. When we first got the shops he was yawning a bit and he was lying down flat. I even draped a wrap over the pram to try and help him sleep. Nope.

Anyway he stayed asleep all the way home. When we got in I wrapped him and closed his blinds - it was midday when I put him down. Midday was 3 hours since his last feed, but this time I'm just letting him go to see what happens. It's now nearly 1.30 pm - so 4.5 hours since his last feed and he is still asleep. I'm not waking him - just want to see what happens.

He must be liking the wrapping again or maybe the blinds shut? Yesterday afternoon he slept for 2.5 hours like that and went way past his feed time, so I woke him. This time I'm just going to see how long he goes.

Boisey How scary about Jensen's freak out. Isn't it just awful? Hope he's well today.

kmh Great news about your BIL's bubba not having Downs.

baiza My mum mentioned something about teething after Cooper had his major spack attack the other night. Apparently I was 4 months when my first tooth came through. So you never know things could be happening in their gums.

RoyaUK Thanks for the helpline number!

Bubseykel Yay for the Eagles win! I bet you are over the moon.

Fee - I've noticed with Danielle that she sleeps better during the day if her curtins are closed. She'll sleep for an hour or so - sometimes longer.

Kel - I want to go over to Queensland too but it's so expensive from over here. I'm very jealous. I think we are going to plan to go away for a week or so just after Christmas as that's the only real time Ken can have off. Charlottle is a littly but I'm sure she'll catch up.

Nothing much to report here. I spent a good 3 hours yesterday cleaning my car out of sand from four wheel driving on the beach. I've still got so much to unpack still. Danielle's so much happier lately. She likes the clicking noises of your mouth and just giggles and smiles at you - it's so cute! She also copies poking out your tounge. I was doing it yesterday again and she did it too. Oh they grow up so fast!! She's 3 months on Friday already!!

I'm off now - I have to go shopping for my Dad's birthday present for tomorrow and I'm going to the gym and hopefully show off my new car to my Oma and Mum. Have a great day everyone!!

Morning all!!!

Well I have to say that life is getting better and better everyday!! Now that little Jensen is finally getting some sleep...which in turn means that we do too!!
    Lucky really because I was going to totally MENTAL!!!! lol!!!!

Fee- I totally understand your shopping experiance! I took Jensen to Brandsmart the other day and he was really sleep and dozy in the pram..so i thought brilliant!!! Im in for a good shop!!! But oh NO...Jensen decided to cry amd cry and that then turned into a scream and all this happend while I was trying on a top and I had him being watched by the staff in the shop who were starting to freak out (they were only 16 I think! lol) Then decided to go home after trying to settle him for half an hour...got to the car and some ****ers had parked their cars so bloody close to mine that I couldnt open the back doors enough to put Jensen in and the car behind had parked right up my a$$ and because I have a prado I couldnt open that door either!! In the end I had to go in the front passanger seat and climb over with Jensen !! Then dive forward and chuck the bloody pram in the back..all with a screaming baby!!! Arrrggggghhhh!!!!!

kmh So glad to hear the news about your BIL's baby.

baiza I had no idea that they could be teething now...when do they usually sart teething? Id better get a book that tells me about whats happening at a certain age with babies!

RoyaUK

Bubseykel Well done to the Eagles!!! But I think the Saints will be premiers next year babe!!!

Question....Am I the only one who still has a bit of a flubbery tummy:eek: ? I find that I still have that yucky brown line and I still have a bit of a pot belly and I hate it!!! I though that when you BF you loose all that extra weight!!! Im still 5kg heavier than my pre pregnancy weight! And summers acomin!!!
    HAve a great day!
    Cyn

Opps forgot!
    Royauk- 30 deg today...and Jensen dosent seem to like the hotter weather either! Plus my MIL is coming over today just to make things worse!!

Em- will it get over 12 deg down your way?

hi all
    well it so nice here in melb, we went to the park in emerald today and then went out to lunch, check out the pic below, Charlotte looks to cute with her hat on.

Cyn- I can not help you with the weight thing as i have lost 19kgs since having Charlotte, i put it down to b/f and not drinking soft drink. I went to Brand Smart a few weeks ago, didn't think much of it, i love DFO.

Fee- you poor thing, when i go shopping i always put my carrier in the pram, so if Charlotte is cracking it, i put her in that she normally will go to sleep.

Well i think AF ( just light spotting some times) has return not fair ias i am still B/F, or it could be because i got the implant put into my arm just over a week ago, which i am hopping it is that.

Fraser Guest

Well well well Cyn you jest at the Tassie weather and it was something like 26 or 27 degrees today - blo*dy awful - I'm just not used to it - Poor Charlie he was so hot - he had shorts and a Tshirt on, no socks and was sweaty! I'll have to work out how to use the air conditioning part of our heat pump!

Daylight savings has started down here so he's all confused about what time it is - so am I - he used to go to sleep at about 6.30 when it got dark - now it doesn't get dark until after 7.30.

I've still got a bit of a floppy tummy - but like Kelly I've lost about 16 kilos since I got pregnant - so I'm just super happy to be able to wear clothes I bought a few years ago!

Poor Fee and Cyn! How awful - I reckon after a while we'll get used to dealing with a squawking child in public. we had an issue similar to that a while ago - we walked to the supermarket and Charlie decided he did NOT want to be there or in the pram so we ended up with me walking the shopping back in the pram and Simon carrying Charlie home.

Bubs - you are going to have to accept that your shiny bright new car is going to get dirty.......

Kelly - beautiful picture of Charlotte!

Still nothing from Cle (Boybump) - did I miss something when I was offline for a few weeks - does anyone know if she's ok?

must run cranky Charlie is yelling at me!

Em!

Fee Guest

I went to my second mother's group yesterday. Cooper had a pretty good day. Even though he grizzled a bit at the mother's group, he did do quite a few smiles etc. I visited a friend after and Cooper slept on me for quite a while maybe 30 minutes or so. He had another long feed (30 mins at midday and then 25 mins at 3.00 pm). After that I went to pick up Mark from work. Cooper was all smiles and gooing at the girls at Mark's office.

I tried to feed Cooper at 6.00 pm last night (his last feed) and he fed for about 2 minutes and then my milk came out too fast and he was spluttering and coughing. I took him off and he started crying. But when I tried to attach him again he kept crying, which turned into his "choking scream"! Geez he's doing this scream at least once a day now! I think a friend of mine jinxed me the other day when she said I was lucky I didn't have a screaming baby!!! I had to calm him and cuddle him for about 10 minutes he screamed quite a bit. Then finally he fed again just 15 minutes. Then he had a bath and went to bed easily and slept until 4.40 am.

I'm starting to think Cooper is just becoming more aware of his surroundings and also his vocal ability!!!

We have a quiet day today so I'm trying wrapping again with this sleeps. He just fed at 7.20 am and I've played with him until nearly 8.00 am (he was awake since 7.00 am). I saw him rubbing his eyes so I wrapped him in muslin and closed his blinds. He was fighting against the wrap for a few minutes but now he's asleep and his arms are still in the wrap! Yay! Now let's see if this makes him sleep longer than 1 hour. It did the last two times I tried it. I think the key is getting his arms to stay wrapped. I tried wrapping with an afternoon nap the other day but he got his arms out and therefore did not sleep longer than 1 hour. The very first two times I wrapped and got him to sleep for 2.5 hours was easy because by the time I wrapped him he was half asleep (from me holding/settling him) therefore he wasn't fighting and kicking the wrap to get his arms out. But this morning seems to have worked okay!

Bubseykel I agree about them growing up so fast! I think 3-4 months is going to be fun they are learning so much and developing so quickly.

Boisey Your shopping experience sounded terrible! Especially how you had to climb through the front of your car with Jensen! OMG!

About teething my mum said I got my first tooth at 4 months. I just Googled "teething" and it says "Babies can get their first tooth anywhere between 3-15 months, but commonly between 4-9 months - although the pain may start earlier. (Dribbling at 3 months is usually as a result of baby learning to put things in their mouth, which is a part of normal development.)"

You mentioned flabby tummies. Mine is a bit flabby but it's actually not that bad. I've been quite lucky! I now weigh 53kgs. My pre-pregnancy weight was 49kgs but that was underweight and I don't expect to be that. I had actually lost 3kgs or so right before I fell pregnant. So I actually was around 52-53kgs normally. I've been wearing all my pre-pregnancy clothes since about 2 weeks after the birth. I suppose I should really be doing some exercise, but I hate it!

kmh Good idea about the baby carrier. Next time we go out with the pram I'll put the carrier in the pram basket just in case.

Fraser I'm not sure where Cle is And what about AJ and ~yummymummy~?

Cyn - I too have a flubbery tummy which I have been told will never go away. I think I look a little better in that part as the top of my tummy used to be quite flat and then I had a pot but now the pot has drooped down so I have a longer flat bit and a droopier pot - hehehehe!! But I have a long long long way to go until I'm happy again - try about 14 kilos!! But 20 would be even better as I'm a heffa!! I'm about 5 kilos heavier than pre-pregnancy weight with Danielle and about 8 kilos when I fell with my first one that I lost. I blame it leaving work and eating crap all day long. Before I left work my weight was going up slowly but since leaving work my weight went up heaps when I was pregnant. I'm dreading seeing my MIL for my b'day which is in a week and a half and what comments she comes out with with my weight again.

Kel - yep - I bet it's the implant doing that. Have you had it before? I have and it was the best thing but I don't think I could do through the pain of puting it in and taking it out again. The only down fall is you can't plan when AF is coming and it comes for all different lengths of time. Oh - and I have a tiny scar where it went in and out.

Em - the way I've promised to look after my car, it will be brand new in 10 years time!! I'm a clean freak when it comes to my cars - especially to show them off. My old car is 12 years old and still looks hot!! With Charlie going to bed later does that mean he gets up later? Is it any better? I would've been on honeymoon right now 2 years ago. We would've been at Swansea which we loved. Oh I want to go back now!!!

Fee - one of the babies at Mother's Group is teething already and he's not even 3 months yet. He was a cranky cow last week. A few weeks ago Danielle went through a cranky stage where anything I did for her was wrong and she was totally grizzly for a whole week. Maybe Cooper's doing it now too - I honestly think it's a growth spurt as she's a little angel again. Hang in there - he's just got to grow out of it.

AJ is still kicking about. I get an occasional e-mail from her in a general e-mail to heaps of people. Sounds like she's going fine.

A lovely day here today - 25 degrees. I bought some new clothes for Danielle yesterday as I noticed on the weekend I don't have any summer clothes for her. I bought everything in 0's! OMG - 0's!! All the 00's looked way too small and I think some of the 0's will fit her now! We are off today to see the girls from Mother's Group.

Have a great day everyone!!

hi all

bubs- thanks for telling me that, the bleeding as stoped, it was very light, i am so glad, i wish i was more like you with cars my car is so dirty, however i have a toddler that likes to eat in the car and makes a big mess, and a DH likes to drop everything in my car.

Fee- Charlotte does that sometimes, then i find that she sleeps much longer after having a big cry, try wrapping Cooper in a cot sheet, i have done that with Charlotte and she can not get her arms out, she sleeps so mcuh better being wrapped.

The last two night Charlotte has gone 7 hours 7;30pm to 2:30 am, however my boobs were so sore, i had to express after her feed this morning, as she only really feed from one side. i hope this contunies.

Hi girls

Miss me? I haven't posted for a few days have been finding it harder and harder to get on the old puter!!! Had a nice mother group on Monday and then went to in laws for dinner on Monday night and MIL told us that it was better to bring Dylan over during the day so he would stay in his 'routine' and I got a bit mad about that as DH and I decided early when I was pregnant that we would still like to be able to go out at night with Dylan occasionally and now that he is here we have only been out at night like 4 times with him and so what if he is a bit out of his routine once in a while ooohhh interfering MIL's. DH thought I was overreacting of course.

DH had to get his hair done in Carlton on Tuesday so Dylan and I hung out on Lygon Street and I bought him some books in Borders geeit was hard to pick the books I went a bit crazy and spent over $100 on him but it was worth it.

On the developmental side of things dylan has also started drooling and today I left him alone on his playmat for awhile and when I came back he had grasped on of the hanging toys and was pulling it to make it move. He had only really hing on to things that I had put in his hand or my top or the edge of a blanket/bib, etc.

We had a bad night last night he went to bed about 6.45 and slept til 12 then I resettled him and he slept til 1 then i tried resettling him til 2 then i gave in and fed him at 2 and then from then til 5 he wouldn'y go back to sleep i got my dh to come and take over as i was getting 'over' it and he got him to sleep at 5 must have been the hot day maybe?

Anyway sorry for no personals have to go feed bubby boy!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast