Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #4

Fee Guest

Well it's funny I said the other day that I wasn't sure when Cooper would roll back to tummy… he has done it! Well I assume so. I didn't see it! I had put him to bed around lunch time yesterday and he was grizzling on and off. After a while I went to check on him and found him sideways in his cot and on his tummy!!! OMG! I was so excited … and also glad I checked on him as he appeared to be stuck!

I am thinking that he probably got a foot on the side of the cot bars which might have helped him flip over. Although he does look like he's getting the hang of it as yesterday morning when he was on his play mat he rolled to his side (like he has been doing for a while now) but his top leg was coming right over and nearly touching the ground.

I also found him in a funny position yesterday – he had done a 180 degree turn. He was completely facing the other end of his cot. I wonder if he can do a 360! He often does 90 degree turns.

kmh – I hope your test results come back fine tomorrow. Good luck.

Fraser – That's great you had the mother's group at your house and it went well. The mother's groups I go to are always at someone's house. I had at look at your website. I love the tummy time pic! Oh and the "coy" one! So cute. I've got to stop taking photos of Cooper. I took about 400 pics in October!!! Insane.

Hi girls

Dylan has been asleep for over two hours wow what a champ. We are off to our nephew's first birthday party this arvo which should be fun if Dylan wakes up that is. The other day with my unsettled baby just got worse it took us 3 hours to get him to sleep that night and the reason why was cos he was getting a cold just as I suspected poor little mite. Went to an open day yesterday at a beautiful Steiner school in the bush with my Dfriend and her DH and just loved it would love to send Dylan there but we live over an hour away and it will probably be too expensive for us, sigh! Have tried to get Dylan into sleep school but having trouble getting through to them, our MCHN suggested it. Dylan had his four month appointment on his four month birthday and he weighs in at 6kg, 63cm long and 42cm head. He is below average for wwight and average for height and head. But the maternal nurse is not that worried but has asked me to bring him back at 6 months to check. She also gave me heaps of info about starting solids and I can't wait til he is eating I think it will be a lot of fun and mess LOL.

Fee Love the photos of Cooper rolling I tried to take photos of Dylan rolling but just got the before and after shots he looks so surprised when he does it. Yay for Cooper rolling from back to front.

Fraser Also love your new photos of Charlie he is so cute.

Anyway can hear little man waking.

Have a great day all.

hi all
    i have such a busy day today, Charlotte has a check up at the hospital at 1pm for her tounge to make sure it has healed, then i am going to mothers group then off to the health centre at 3:15 to have Madison and charlotte both weighed and the to the Doctors at 4:30 and then Charlotte has needles tonight at 6pm.

Fee- wow 400 pics, my camera is broken at the moment so we are going to go and get a new one sometime this week, i feel lost without it at the moment, so i have to get my video recorder out to film both girls.

Cassie- yay for Dylan sleeping lots yesterday, have you rang Queen Elizabeth, they are great i took Madison there to help with her sleeping.

I hope everyone had a great weekend

Just quickly i got Charlotte weighed yesterday and she now weighs in at 5.760 kg's and is 60cms long. Still so tiny but i can see her getting so big. I also got madison weighed and wow she weighs in at 13.850 kilos and 91.5cms she is my big girl.

Fee Guest

Cooper has been acting strangely lately! On Sunday I went to a baby shower. Two of my friends came in the car too. Cooper screamed the whole car trip to the baby shower. I even had to pull over to check on him as I had never heard him scream like that. Once at the party he was a little grizzly – probably more than normal? I didn't expect him to sleep. It's always hard when we're out. But after a while I guess he just got so worn out. We moved inside to the couch and Cooper just fell asleep sitting up on my lap! After he woke I tried to feed him but he kept screaming. I think it was way too loud as there were about 10 women in the lounge room. I took him upstairs where it was quiet and he fed fine. On the car trip home he screamed again. I was wondering if it was because one of my friends was in the backseat with him?

Then yesterday we went to visit a friend and her baby. Cooper cried and screamed most of the time there! He wouldn't play on the play mat. And when I tried to feed him he kept screaming. I think because my friend's baby was squealing so much, it was scaring Cooper. In the end I just had to take him home. He napped in the car and once home he fed peacefully for 25 minutes! Then after that he had a 3 hour nap – very unlike him!

This morning he is being fussy and doing the whole breast refusal thing. I've tried to feed him at 7.00 am and 7.45 am and he would suck for 30 seconds or so and then cry and cry. So I've put him back to bed.

Sounds like all the bubbas are growing nicely. Cooper is going to have his 4 month needles and weigh in this Friday. I'm wondering if he's getting close to 8 kgs. He breaks my back!!!

We're going to our mother's group today. I hope Cooper behaves. I think he's going through some thing where he won't feed with other people in the room. He's becoming too aware of his surroundings.

Cassie – When are you going to start solids with Dylan?

kmh – How's Charlotte's tongue?

Hey girls

Still having sleep issues with Dylan the loast four nights it has taken me nearly 2 hours to settle each time.

KMH I have called Queen Elizabeth and they give you an appointment time to call you back which is next week. I have also called Oconnell which is in Canterbury. I have also been given the number of Simply Settled by my MIL but I am guessing they will cost $$$$ and they come to you which would mean I would have to clean my house LOL!

Fee I was planning to start him on solids at 6 months as the MCHN says that solids at the start don't make much different to their weight anyway. Is that why you are asking? When are you going to start Cooper?

Does anyone want an adult cat or know of anyone who wants an adult cat, she is 6 and a half desexed, microchipped, vaccinated and very friendly. We just can't keep her as our place is too small and she hates our other cat. I am happy to drop her over anywhere in Melbourne. Here is a pic or two:

Anyway I have advertised her on two websites so far just don't want to have to take her to RSPCA as she may be put down. Poor Lily.

Byeee.

Fraser Guest

Fee - Charlie has been a bit the same - he cries if I talk too loudly when he's feeding - he bursts into tears when I answer the door holding him and the person at the door sayd hello to him!!! I think they are coming into that age where they start to get a little clingy of Mum and are alot more aware of their surroundings. We had a family lunch last week and my 4 nieces and nephews were in his face the whole time and he just didn't copr becuase he's not used to it. I guess we just have to keep practicing and eventually they will get used to it!

Cassie - sorry about your cat.

Kelly - how did you go at the Drs - did you find out why you are so tired?

Charlie is rolling over! well ok I still need to give his bottom a little push but he does the rest himself - he is so proud of himself when he flicks over onto his tummy - he looks around to see who was watching and then smiles at them!

mothers group today - we're at a park again - there's gale force winds here and I have visions of the pram floating away a la Mary Poppins... might have to weigh it down with something......Charlie will do.....

speak soon

Em

Hi Gorgeous Girls!!!
    Sorry that I have been off the air waves but we had to get a new pc…but I can see that I have missed out on heaps …Ive read a couple of pages and my oh my …how our July babies have grown!!!

Jensen is doing great! He is 4 months old today! And Ive just come back from having had his 4month immunization…poor little man!

Cass- just read your posts…what we did with Jensen was put him on a routine…as we had huge sleep issues too….theres a book called “save our sleep’ and I swear by it….as does 6 other Mums in my mothers group…This book and her outine gave us all back our sanity and gave us happy, sleeping babies! Its not easy to do in the beginning…buty it really does work! Hope it all gets a bit better for you and Dylan soon babe! Oh and Im starting Jensen on solids this weekend…in this book she suggests getting them started at 4months…to get them used to eating a little bit and discovering new tastes…plus its meant to help with sleeping! I cant wait to start as all the bubs in my mothers group apparently just love it!

Em- Wow! Charlie is sooooooooo cute! Love the new photos of him! Glad to hear that you’re a bit happier too…bad plunger coffee fixes everything! I hear soggy sangers are a hit too!

Fee- Im having the same noise issues with Jensen too! If he hears a really loud noise especially while hes feeding he will cry too and he dosent like it at all when people talk really loudly around him…like you said I think they are just becoming very aware of whats going on around them…Im sure they will get used to it eventually though.

Ok well Ive got lots of posts to catch up on!
    Hugs to all!!!

Cyn

Fee Guest

Cooper was a little angel at the my mother's group yesterday! I was so surprised. How strange that he was all weird the day before and that was just visiting one friend and one baby. Yesterday there were 3 other babies and a toddler!

He slept until 3.00 am this morning so I fed him then. He then woke at 6.00 am but fed for 1 minute and then chucked a hissy fit. He is doing this a bit lately with that morning feed. So I just put him straight back to bed because he had been yawning since I got him up anyway. He slept until 8.30 am and then had a better feed. After that feed and play time he then had a long nap until midday. He is sleeping so well during the day at the moment.

Cassie – I was just asking about solids because a lot of people I know have started their babies on solids at 4 months. And just after reading your comments about the MCHN giving you brochures about it. I plan on waiting until Cooper is 6 months. Was just curious as to what you (and everyone else) will be doing.

Fraser – Yay for Charlie rolling over!!! Hope your mother's group was good.

Boisey – So you're starting Jensen on solids early? Let us know how you go! I wonder if it will help Jensen sleep better at night. Apparently sometimes it helps but not always! Anyway I'm sure it will be heaps of fun!

Hi girls

Fee I think the MCHN gave me the brochures because they don't see him again until 8 months and they should be on solids by then. I am waiting til 6 months also as I don't believe he needs solids until then.

Cyn Thanks for your words I will have to have a look for that book and give it a go. It will take me weeks if not months to get into sleep school so will have to try another remedy.

Em Yeah I am sorry about Lily too and in fact I feel so so sad about it but I am just going to be patient and I am sure someone will want her I refuse to 'surrender' her to the RSPCA only for her to be put down.

I had some other things to say but now too tired byeee.

Fraser Guest

ohmigod - it has almost been a year since I found out I was pg.... so strange.... I had a radox bath last night - something I did everynight when I was pg because of my aching back - I haven't used it since Charlie was born because I was worried it would make my nipples taste funny (der I know) - gosh it bought back memories - the smell and the hot bath - so nostalgic - seems so long ago and strangely I miss it!

Hiya Cyn - hope Jensen is ok after his needles - Charlie was fine after his but I was made to leave the room and put my head between my knees because I went all pale and dizzy!

Cassie - pets are hard now - I find it difficult to find time to walk the dog and I know she's sad I feel so guilty - DH sometimes runs her around the block at night - I think she's lonely - but I just forget about her - I feel so so mean

Mads - it's frustrating when all your good work gets chucked out the window because of something out of your control, like the heat or a cold. Luckily the pram didn't fly away - we walked into town to meet DH after work and the wind was blowing into the pram - Charlie hates the wind in his face - he shouts at it - same with the sun!

Fee - I'm finding with Charlie in the mornings he cracks it when I try to feed him on the right hand side but is fine with the left hand side..??!!??! I don't know if it's the way I hold him or he's sore or whatever but if it doesn't change soon I'm going to be permanently lopsided!

on my own tonight DH has work xmas drinks - free ones..... we wont see him before the 3am feed me thinks...... he's going to struggle getting Charlie up at 6.30am though.... oh well.... his problem......

Em

Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven't been around much again. Things are quite hectic around here. Oma's in hospital today having her skin cancer cut out. Mum said she's in there now. I hope everything goes well. I won't be able to see her until Monday as we are so busy this weekend.

Dnaielle is rolling from her back to her tummy too. She's quite a wriggler. The other day I put her in her cot for a sleep and a few minutes later I heard her really screaming. I went in there and she had rolled onto her tummy but had her arm stuck under her and it was all blue. After I calmed her down I put her on her play mat and she was rolling again. But she only rolled onto her right arm. She also loved kicking things and pushing off things with her feet. I've found if I have a toy on the front of the pram where her feet are, she's so much happier when we go shopping. She does the spins in the cot too. She does 90 degree ones quite regularly with her legs hanging out the sides but if I don't hear her wake up she does 180's in there. So funny. She hates being still - she's always on the go - very much like her dad. She's such a good girl - goes to sleep all by herself and is always happy to play by herself for a while if I need to do something. I've also started her on solids as she wasn't taking her milk anymore. She loves her food - that she takes after me. At her 4 month checkup she was 7.2kg and 64cm long. Still in the 75th percentile. One big girl!

I've lost about 8 kilos since leaving hospital now. I'm down to 77.6 kilos now so we are getting there slowly. I've got 11.4 kilos to go until I've reached my first goal then we'll see if we'll go further. I make myself very busy during the days with cleaning the house constantly, mowing the lawns, blower vacing the outside, going to the gym, Christmas shopping (thank god I've only got 3 people left to shop for!!) and popping in to see Ken at work. He loves it when we see him during the day. He's such a good dad - he loves her to bits.

I better go - half way mowing the lawn, polished the car once - second coat now needed, load of washing almost finished and I need to clean the house. You ask why so much today? Well tomorrow I have softball in the middle of the day and in the evening I have my Christmas work doo with my work and on Sunday we are going for a picnic for a friend's birthday for lunch then we are dropping off Danielle so Ken and I can go to Chris Isaak! So I won't even have time to scratch myself over the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
    Last edited by Bubseykel; November 24th, 2006 at 05:13 PM.

Fee Guest

We just took Cooper for his 4 month needles. I was stressing out so much beforehand… I didn't want to take him!

But he was fine … when the first needle went in he didn't even cry. I think he was surprised. He started crying when the GP took the needle out and was going for the second. He screamed pretty loud but was fine once it was all over.

The GP did all the measurements, but he often gets them wrong! He weighed Cooper and said he was 7.15 kgs which I thought was strange because we weighed him at home a few weeks ago and he was 7.3 kgs. I could see the scales (they aren't digital) and the pointer was well over 7.5 kgs and on the way to 8 kgs. So we weighed Cooper when we got home and got 7.6 kgs. That sounds more like it!

He measured Cooper at 63 cm long (we believe it's more like 65 cm as the MCHN measured him at 62 cm back at 12 weeks) and 43 cm for his head.

So he's around about the 75th to 80th percentile for all measurements.

Cassie – Any news about your cat? I hope you find someone to take her.

Mads – Sorry to hear you've had a shocking week. It could very well be the heat. That would explain the extra feeds.

Fraser – I hope you have a nice night without your DH! And yes I'm sure he will struggle tomorrow morning!

Bubseykel – Hope everything went well with your Oma. And wow sounds like you are constantly on the go! That will help with your weight loss goals for sure. Enjoy your weekend – it sounds great!

wow everyone is so busy.
    OMG what a week i am having with Charlotte, she does not want to sleep at the moment, She has been going 4-5 hours without a sleep, eventhough she is tired, i don't know what to do, and tonight i put her down at 6:45 and then she was up at 7:30 so i feed her and she has been up and down since then, and she will only let me rock her to sleep.
    She had her neddles on tuesday which didn't go down well as it was so hot here to, she was very cranky girl. Other than that she has been great, she loves her big sister as she watch's her all the time.

Bubs- wow you have a busy life, i hope your oma is recovering well, look after her as i miss my oma so much i really wish she was still around. When did you put Danielle onto solids? i will start Charlotte when she is between 5-6 months old, she sometimes watchs me but i don't thinks she would take it.

Cassie- there is another sleep school out near me, if you want the number to it, but i do live in Pakenham so it is a bit far out, if charlotte does not start sleeping soon i think i will have to call them myself.

Fraser- i too sometimes miss it when i was pregnant, i love the feeling of bubs kicking and moving.

Mads- hope freya starts sleeping for you soon, i hope you had a great sleep, i had one too, it was the only way i was going to get Charlotte to sleep.

GRrr i was in a shop today and i got asked if Charlotte was a boy or a girl? She was in a STriped t-shirt which has pink, red green and purple and Pink pants.

hi
    just wanted to let you all know that Charlotte rolled yesterday from her tummy to her back!!!!!!! She was rolling onto her side so i pulled her onto her tummy and she rolled back straight away, she did this twice. And when TIm came home from work she would not do this again. She is also nearly rolling from her back to to her tummy, she will get onto her side and try so hard, but she is nearly there.
    Also she just put her self to sleep Yeah........ After a really restless night, everytime i put her to bed after a feed she would toss and turn so i ended up co-sleeping last night, but we both got some sleep so that is the main thing.
    I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hi girls

Well the sleeping thing is still getting me a bit down though saturday night he went to sleep straight away but only cos he didn't have his late arvo nap which meant he was too tired to have a proper feed or bath/story etc but it only took him 5-10mins to settle. Last night was an hour. This morning I put him down at 11am and I rocked him for a couple of mins and then just left my hand on his chest and turned away and then when I looked back he was fast asleep in only 5 mins why can't he be like that at night??? We have been down at our house in Sorrento a few times starting the reno job but before we can actually do anything substantial we are cleaning out all the stuff my brother and his now ex left behind. We are basically moving someone else out of the house ie packing, cleaning, etc. It is a bit unfair but what can we do we have to get this house finished and then once done my mum is going to help us buy our own home (sorrento is actually one of mum's places) so we definitely have a good motivation to get it done.

KMH Yay for Charlotte, Dylan has been trying to roll from back to front for a few days now but his arm gets in the way how frustrating for him. I would like to number for that other sleep school near you please just in case the ones I have called don't work out. Thanks.

Fee Thanks for asking about Lily but no news as yet, I have her advertised on two websites and had one email from an older woman but her husband wouldn't let her have Lily so that was a real tease as she sounded very interested on well I will keep trying. Cooper is really thriving and yay for being brave for his needles.

Bubs Yay for losing so much weight I am now down to 74 and 7 kilos off my prepregnancy weight but 17 off my first goal weight I would love to be down to 55kg but don't think that is possible anymore. I used to be 48-50kg about 6-7 years ago but that was a bit too skinny. Good luck with it all. I don't know how you have so much energy to do so much around the place that is probably why you arte losing weigh.

Fraser I get the guilts all the time now too bout the pets as I hardly pat them now cos I spend my time with Dylan or doing other catch up things. I would love to see LIly got to someone who will love her lots and pat her heaps as she craves that kind of attention. But really our babies are our number one priority now so unfortunately the pets have moved down the pecking order.

Mads Sorry Freya has had a rough time of it so has Dylan but heres things look up for us. I have tried the Cat Protection Society but they put down cats if they can't find a home or they are deemed unsuitable for rehoming and I don't want that for Lily.

Anyway we have Mothers Group today and then we are giving Gymbaroo a go tomorrow we will see how he goes he may just crack it or may love it.

Byeee.

Fee - the needles are horrible! I cry when Danielle has them. She due for her next lot when Ken's on holidays so I'm going to get him to take her and see how he likes it. He thinks I'm a big woos.

Kel - I hope Charlotte starts self settling and sleeping again. I used to hate it when Danielle didn't sleep during the day and she would get so tired but not sleep and be a total cranky bum. I started her on solids just after she turned 4 months. She wasn't feeding properly anymore like she would only take 100mls but I would have to feed her almost every hour which was horrible. I went down and spoke to my MCHN and she said to start slowly with the rice cereal and take it from there. Well she loves food now. She has a bottle when she first gets up, then about 1/2 hour later she has about 2 ice cubes of rice cereal, she has a bottle before lunch then about 3-4 cubes of potato, sweet potato and carrot, bottle during the afternoon, dinner the same as lunch and a bottle before she goes to bed. She loves her food!! I noticed you are TTC in 2008. We've been talking about it too. Maybe start trying around early 2008 so Danielle will be past her second birthday. I think that's a nice age gap. But first I'm going on Friday to get the ball rolling on all the tests and things I need to do due to Danielle's shoulder's being stuck. That will tell me if it was me or just her presenting wrong. Can I ask you a question - which would you prefer to do again - vaginal birth or c/s? I'm so scared of a c/s it's not funny!!

What a weekend!! My work doo was great. To see everyone again and everyone noticing I have my belly now. Some people we shocked to see how good I looked which was a real buzz for me but I did wear almost full black and did make me look slimmer. Our picnic on Sunday lunch was good but the flies were horrible!! We took Danielle for a dip in the dam but Ken said it was so cold as soon as he put her in she screamed. Don't blame her really. Chris Isaak was awesome!! I went into the dance floor area and ended up being 20 metres away from him right at the front. I stayed there for a while then went back and joined Ken and another couple that went with us. I had a ball! I would definately go and see him again. Probably the best concert I've been to.

Everyone is having babies!! I found another 4 people are expecting over the next 9 months. Danielle is going to have heaps of play mates!! Must run - cleaning the house and then going to see Oma at lunchtime. Have a great day everyone!! Hope you had a good weekend!!

Sorry I missed your message Cassie - we must have been doing it at the same time. I hope Dylan starts settling at night for you. It's horrible when they won't. I would really love to get to 60kgs but I have never been that weight ever so I guess a realistic goal is 66kg which I know I can do. At the beginning I was hoping to be there by Christmas but I don't think that's going to happen anymore so I've reset the goal for the beginning of March so that I look hot at my FIL's wedding. I'm sick of being a fat frump!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast