Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #4

Fee Guest

Hang in there Em... just remember none of this lasts forever. That's what my mum keeps telling me. But some days it's just so hard I know.

Fraser Guest

Thanks Fee.

gosh Cooper looks like your DH! that is a very cute new pic in your ticker

Fee Guest

Cooper slept through again!

Unlike the night before I didn't hear him stir numerous times. I actually woke at 4.30 am with sore boobs and thinking "I haven't heard Cooper!". So I got up to check on him and he was lying completely sideways in his cot.

Now normally I hear him when he's done this because he may bang against the side so I get up and move him. But he was fast asleep it was just me who had woken up. I wasn't sure whether to move him or not. In the end I did and he stirred quite a bit. I went back to bed worrying that he was now going to wake completely! So I didn't sleep too well after that. He ended up waking at 5.30 am so I fed him, brought him into bed with Mark to say hello and then put him back to sleep in his cot around 6.15 am. Then Cooper and I both slept until 8.30 am.

And thankfully my right boob is feeling okay this morning. Yesterday afternoon it was very hard - even after a 20 minute feed. I could feel lumps and was freaking out about getting mastitis again. I think because Cooper slept through the night before it all started from there. At the first feed he fed from my left side first but then only took 5 minutes from the right. Then he went 4 hours until the next feed so I was very full.

I had Mark massaging the lumps out last night and it seemed to help but just 15 minutes later it felt the same as before. So I went to bed a bit uncomfortable. But after feeding Cooper this morning I feel back to normal. Phew...

Also I got Cooper to laugh again yesterday arvo. It was so funny. I had him lying on his side and I kept chomping on his elbow which made him cackle. Mark managed to record the sound on his mobile phone! Then Mark got laughs from him this morning in bed! I was out in the lounge room and could hear it.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    gosh Cooper looks like your DH! that is a very cute new pic in your ticker
    Thanks Em. I'll have to tell Mark that you think Cooper looks like him. He'll be pleased.

Fraser Guest

Fee - I totally understand the sore boobs in the morning - sometimes Charlie will sleep until 4.30 or 5am but I wake up a bit earlier because my boobs are soooo sore and full - it doesn't matter what way I lie in bed they hurt - so I have to get up to express. I wonder if you're getting lumps and stuff because Cooper is going so long between feeds now and you're just getting used to it? yaay for the laughs - Charlie makes more of a grunt than a laugh!

well things seem a bit brighter today - Charlie slept from 7.30 until 3.30 and I went to bed at 9.30 so got 6 hours solid - which was good for me I think. he's not screamy today - he's been very happy and chatty - waffling on and on at me raising his eyebrows and gooing and gaaing - so I guess he's ok! phew!

what a panic merchant!

Hi girls

Have been offline for the last week as my DH was on tour (he's a guitarist in a band) and I went to stay with my mum and she does not have her internet set up so I couldn't log on. So much has happened.

Dylan rolled over from front to back twice on Sunday and my DH was very disappointed that he missed it, though he hasn't done it again. My mum was there but in another room so she missed it too but came in to see if he would do it again for the third time but wouldn't and he gave us a look as if to say I am not a performing seal, LOL! I was very proud. He has been very fussy with feeding the last couple of days and I have had to resort to wrapping him while feeding and this works. I am not sure why we thought maybe it was because DH was away but now DH is back and he is still doing it, I thought myabe my AF was coming as I have been having cramps which are a tell tale sign and perhaps my milk tastes different? Otherwise I am not sure. Unless he is teething but I think it is a bit early for that.

Dylan and I had a great week of mummy and baby time and I am just so smitten with my little man, not that I wasn't before but even more so now he is just so delightful and he is becoming more and more responsive every day and is giving other people besides me and DH lovely big smiles too which is nice especially for the grandparents.

KMH Have a lovely holiday. If you are still interested in the Baba Sling I would like $50 for it and I could drop it in to your place or meet you somewhere so it doesn't have to be mailed. Let me know if you still want it.

Anyway I will have to leave it there as DH wants to use the computer.

BBL for more personals.

Fee Guest

Hi girls

I've posted in the Baby & Toddler Discussion section about car seats. What do you all have? I don't think Cooper will make it to 6 months in his capsule. He is getting too big. If you have time, please check out my thread and let me know your thoughts!

At every opportunity now he is rolling onto his side and often lies like that for ages just sucking his fingers. Also he now can grab the toys on his activity mat so looks like he'll be trying to destroy it! He pulls on the toys so the whole frame comes down and he bats at them etc. I find it so amazing how quickly they learn things. One day they can't do something and the next they can. He's also laughing a lot more. Yesterday I got heaps of cackles from him.

Fraser How's Charlie going? Still happy and chatty?!

Cassie I know what you mean about becoming more smitten! They're just growing so fast and doing more amazing things each day! Cooper has only rolled tummy to back once and that was a few days ago. He rolls from his back to his side though and does that all the time.

hi all - its been awhile. having trouble with sleep deprivation and depression.
    saw the dr yesterday and he finaly agreed to put zac on zantac. he doesnt like it but i can already see an inprovement. we have also started to wrap zac again and its working! he slept in his cot last night for 6 hours. i would have put him back in his cot after the 4.30 feed but i was to tired. his now asleep in his rocker it feels great to put him down to sleep and do things. sister is coming down next week to keep me company as dh is working from 4pm friday til 10pm monday. he will only be home to sleep.
    heading to the parenting expo tomorrow and then dh will be home on saturday night to cook my birthday dinner.
    will pm next time

hello all
    well we had a great holiday both girls were great on the plane, Charlotte slept on the way up going to Queensland. We did so much while we were there we went to Australia zoo, underwater world, Noosa, go-karting, shopping and went to the beach a few times, Charlotte put her feet into the ocean, I already miss the Queensland weather, got back into melb and it was cold.
    Cassie- i brought a baba sling while i was in QLD thanks anyway.

Em- i hope things are going well for you now.

Where is bubs?

Madison is 2 today she has grown so much.

I hope everyone is doing well.

happy birthday little madison kelly hope your daughter had a great day and it sounds like you had a wonderful hoilday

Fee Guest

Gee it's so quiet in here. Hope everyone is well.

Not much happening with me. Struggling to get Cooper to sleep properly today so that's frustrating me a bit.

Still waiting on him to roll over again. But we're getting lots and lots of laughs which is great. And he's still sleeping pretty well at night waking anytime between 4-6am.

Chantal How is Zac going with the Zantac? Hope you had a great birthday.

Kelly Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Queensland. It's lovely up here today sunny and about 30 degrees!

Happy 2nd birthday to Madison!

hi all
    fee- i wish i was back up there i love the warm weather and i love it that you can go to the beach at 9am and it is warm enough to go swimming.

Charlotte laughed for the first time today (its a bit late but oh well) it is so cute. She is such a happy baby.

well i must be off i am finally sitting down to eat my dinner as both girls are in bed.

the parenting expo was great - thought we would only be there for 2 hours - there for over 4 and we only left as zac started to get "funny" he did an explosive nappy (and i mean explosive) he wouldnt settle and saturday and sunday he slept! he only had a few five minute feeds but slept the rest of the time and if he was awake for more the 1/2 an hour he looked exhusted. he made up for it today. he feed from 2.30 til 4.30 the 7.30 till 8.00. and he has been feeding all afternoon. i feel so sore at the moment.
    fee - not sure if the zantac is working yet - he is still sometimes crying when he puks but not as bad. he hates the taste of it but. had a great b'day - dh cooked aroast dinner.
    went to the mental health team today - have been told i am suffering from depression i am not on medication but i am getting more help to look after zac and sister is coming tomorrow to help out

hey girls
    today is my birthday and it didnt feel like it at all my mum dad sis bro and cuz have gone to qld and even thought i had my own family here it felt like there was something missing it was my family anyway im 26 and i feel so old now lolololol
    today we were driving home from my mother in laws and chloe was making this really bad sound and it got to me if ya know wat i mean lol anyway bailee started to crack up laughing at her he did that all the way home for about 20 min i was crying all the way home just listeninfg to him
    anyways better be off gotta get some slep as chloe ha her operation tomorrow morning
    chat with ya soon

biazar- HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday, why did chloe need an op? i hope she is doing well.

i am taking madison to the doctors today as i think she has an ear infection. Charlotte is doing great, she is laughing some more she is so cute i laugh when she does as it is funny.

i hope everyone is having a great day.

hey chloe had her op today she had a belly button hurnia and it needed to be removed she did vry well we were there for 6 hrs today chloe did good she is a little sore tonight bailee has a slight cold but a very happy boy

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been around for a few weeks. I've just been so busy lately that even sitting down for a few minutes is a luxury. I'm even missing out on my Mother's Groups which I'm not happy about. My Oma has meant to have gone into hospital on Tuesday for another skin cancer operation but they cancelled it as her leg is all swollen and the site where the cancer is is infected. So Mum and I have been running around for appointments here there and everywhere and she's still not it. She's now having it out on the 24th of November as that's the earliest they can get her in again. Talk about ****ty hospital system!!!

Danielle is doing really well. She's about the 7 kilo mark now. She's such a happy baby. Thank god otherwise I wouldn't been able to cope with her taking her everywhere. She's rolling over quite regularly from tummy to back and almost has back to tummy. She gets 3/4 of the way and rolls back onto her back. She just needs to flick her shoulders and she would do it. Her tummy time is excellent now. She used to hate it but now she loves it. She's so strong! She's also become a right little babble box. If someones talking to me or in a group she'll start talking to them by gooing and garring and arring. It's so cute. I have her on my lap at the hospital on Monday with her legs thru the side of the side and resting on the arm rest and she was sitting there talking to this man and on Saturday my aunty was talking to my uncle, Ken and me and she was sitting there talking to her. She's growing up so fast! I love her to death!

I've started the Tony Ferguson Program a week ago - I don't know if you have it over there - but I lost 2 kilos in the first week which is normal for me so I've almost lost 5 kilos in total. I can definately feel it and starting to have a bit of a spring in my step IYKWIM. I'm so proud of myself that I can actually run on the treadmill! I can do a 20 min cross trainer, 6 minute run and a 20 minute walk. Everytime my runs getting longer - started out only being a minute. I'm working up to a 20 minute run - every day it gets closer.

I found out on Saturday that my SIL is pregnant. I really shoudn't be saying anything but I can't help it!! I have to tell someone!! She's only 6 weeks along but I'm so happy for her. It's almost taken her a year since her MC. It's due on the 7/7 so Danielle will be just a year old which is fine when they grow up they can play together. So many babies!! There's me, one last August, 2 last September, 3 due in January and now July!!

I better run - lots to do this morning and we've got Mother's Group this afternoon which I'm determined to go to. I'll try and keep up again now which everyone. I hope everything is going well.

kmh - thanks for your message last night and I hope you had a really great holiday.

Fee Guest

Well today is 1 year since I got my BFP!!! Wow it's gone so fast.

Cooper is doing pretty well. Still weird sometimes with his night sleeping. For a while he was sleeping through until around 5.00 am but for the past 3 nights he has woken at 1.00 am for a feed! Day sleeps are okay there are good and bad days.

He still hasn't rolled again. He has only done it once (tummy to back). As for back to tummy still only rolling to his side. He does that a lot though.

The other day he FINALLY discovered his feet and grabbed onto them! Wonder how long it will take for them to get into his mouth?!

And whenever he's under his play gym he's always grabbing properly and reaching for the toys. He's growing up so fast!

We weighed him the other day and he is 7.3 kgs and 64 cm long. Will have to ring the GP soon to book him in for his 4 month needles. Boohoo.

I have a video of Cooper laughing if you'd like to see it. It's in my Totsite and in the Journal section. I love it when he laughs.

Baiza Happy birthday for the 7th!!!

kmh How did Madison go at the GP about her ear infection? Hope she is okay.

Bubseykel I just love that pic of Danielle in your ticker! How adorable! She looks very strong, raising her chest up like that. She sounds like she's going so well with rolling etc. A big girl now!

And great news about your SIL's pregnancy. Very exciting.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast