Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #5

Fee Guest

Cooper's teeth are coming through! We discovered what looked like two bottom teeth last Saturday. We could see white lines on Cooper's gums. But they were not through the skin.

Yesterday morning it looked more visible and I was trying to check them out in the bath last night. I didn't think anything of it until I put Cooper to bed. I rubbed some teething gel on his gums and could feel the teeth! They are through!!! Yay! It's hard to get a good look though. He keeps twisting his head around.

Question… Whose baby can sit unassisted? Cooper can sit for minutes on his own BUT this is leaning forward on his hands.

Fraser – Sorry to hear you had a bad night with Charlie. A friend of mine said her baby was excited when seeing the fan on too. Cooper does like to look at them but he seems fine at bed time if I had it on.

Cassie – I hope you had a lovely anniversary and dinner! How is the rice cereal going for Dylan?

Dustmite – No AF for me either. I'm not sure on an answer in relation to being fertile… Sorry I can't help!

Mads – I think it's the teeth that's bothering our bubs! Or frustration with not being able to crawl? Cooper goes nuts rolling over and over in his cot and won't stop. He cries and cries! He just won't self-settle anymore for his day naps. I have to pat his bum until he is asleep. ALTHOUGH… the last 3 days I have tried wrapping again and it is working. He falls off to sleep without much protesting.

If you can feel something sharp in Freya's gum, maybe part of the tooth is through?

kmh – We're not dealing with heat up here in Brisbane. It's surprisingly mild at the moment. I hope it cools down soon for you.

Baiza – All the best with your candle business! They look great.

hi all

it is so hot here at the moment, our house stayed at about 25 deg last night. we went to the beach yesterday, and Charlotte was a good girl laying in the sun tent. Madison had fun swimming with my mum and my sister.
    Charlotte is not doing anything new at the moment. I tried putting some 00 stuff on Charlotte and it is to BIG. she is still so little she looks like a 3 month old.

Will do personals later. Have a great day

It sounds like many of us are seeing a change in our babies sleeping pattern. We had Corban at the Doctors office yesterday (thought he might have ear ache, was tugging on his ear, irritable, screwed up sleep pattern, etc). He was fine but the doctor indicated that when they have any major developments (sitting up, teeth coming in, etc) often the first thing affected/noticeable is disrupted sleep patterns.

So maybe what many of us are seeing is just a major development in our babies? Any how, just thought I would share.

Fraser Guest

hey ladies (and man)

way way busy at the moment - clinic visit tomorrow, Dr's for injections and 6 month checkup on Friday, do full day of panicking in store for Thursday......

have put some updated pics on our website if you're interested.

New Years resolution - trying not to be negative and not to jump to negative conclusions and also to not get paranoid about safety of the first born - going well so far I think - although was in bath and heard strange noise, sent Simon into Charlie's room to make sure he wasn't being kidnapped - I don't think that was paranoid - just realistic - I mean the kid is cute - bound to be someone who wants him.

Anyway must go to bed Charlie still waking in middle of night for a quick feed - I think it's mainly habit though - but now he rolls around in his cot if I don't get up to him - found him sideways the other morning - he wasn't impressed about how hard the bars were on his head.....

Kelly - hope things have cooled down - good girl Charlotte for not outgrowing her clothes - Charlie is costing me a farking fortune!

Fee - How are Coopers teeth? Charlie has sat unassisted once but he was sitting on my knee - he does stand on his own though - as long as he's holding onto something - he doesn't collapse when tired he just melts and slowly disappears behind what he's holding onto - very funny

Mads - is Justin back at work now? Husbands are always well intentioned and are good for the meanial labour jobs - but when it comes to the settling and organising they are simply hopeless! well that's what I've decided anyway - (sorry dustmite), I hope him going back doesn't make you have a rough couple of days

Dustmite - I don't want Charlie to have any major developments - I can't cope with any more change - I'll be happy for him to stay as he is for another 6 months or so and then we'll regroup and discuss what areas he can develop in. I've had enough!

Anywho kiddos - I'm off to bed - very tired have been having a lot of nightmares lately, I think it might be because of the heat (or perhaps the bars of chocolate I have ben hiding under the pillow when I make the bed and then munching on quietly each evening before I doze off..... who knows......)

Em!

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Mads - is Justin back at work now? Husbands are always well intentioned and are good for the meanial labour jobs - but when it comes to the settling and organising they are simply hopeless! well that's what I've decided anyway - (sorry dustmite), I hope him going back doesn't make you have a rough couple of days

Dustmite - I don't want Charlie to have any major developments - I can't cope with any more change - I'll be happy for him to stay as he is for another 6 months or so and then we'll regroup and discuss what areas he can develop in. I've had enough! Em!
    hmmm.....don't worry, I'm wearing my big boy under-roo's so I can handle it ("when it comes to the settling and organising they are simply hopeless! well that's what I've decided anyway - (sorry dustmite)")!

I would also like to point out that I'm not good for meanial labour jobs.....I'm LAZY! I'm better at procrastination.

Oh ya, and good luck and laying down the rules regarding major developments. Let me know how it goes.

Em- you make me laugh all the time, I am a bit paranoid a bit to about my girls, i have these horrable images like someone will still the girls or we have a car accicdent.Charlotte is mainly in 000 still, but growing into 00 in some things. Good luck with the MCN on fri, it had cooled down here but tomorrow it will be hot.

Dustmite- My DH is good at procrastination aswell.

Charlotte sat up for about 10 secs today.She has stopped rolling now and will just lay there, she also has learnt how to blow raspberries so cute.
    I got myself a new mobile phone today it is the nokia 6288 very nice.

Hi girlies

I am so over the heat aagghhh! Anyway I am amazed at the string of developmental things that have happened in the last fortnight it is like Dylan is a new baby and my old baby has gone! How bizarre.

KMH It must be a relief to have some time with Madison being in childcare. Yay for your new mobile I too need a new one. I hope Charlotte's sleeping improves for you. Dylan is also attempting to blow raspberries but more drool than sound comes out.

Dustmite Thanks on the congrats. I don't know about the AF thing as I have had mine back since Dylan was two months old but I would be careful with DTD just in case!

Fee Dylan is going ok on the rice cereal he has been having two dry teaspoons worth mixed with cool boiled water which he seems to like but likes to try and feed himself so it can take while to feed him with both him and I doing it and it gets quite messy. So I have been doing one meal of rice cereal a day for a week and today I tried homemade pureed apple and his little face screwed up at the first mouthful but he ate it anyway it was priceless and so I tried another mouthful and his face again screwed up and this kept on until he and I had eaten the whole thing which was two big icecubes worth. It was so cute and bizarre that his face looked like I am had given him a suck of lemon yet he kept eating it. I got the whole thing on video and still camera and will post the photos as soon as I have put them into photobucket. Dylan can sit unaided for about half a minute and then topples over or folds over in the front. Oh and yay for Coopers teeth that is probably why he had that bad night poor little mite.

Fraser You are right Charlie is very cute and I too am loving my hugabub!

Anyway off for dinner yes I know it is late but we had a busy day! Byee.

hey girls
    just checking in to see how you all are is anyones bubz showing signs of geting up on there kness ready to crawl yet im asking coz bailee is trying and ii mean trying but its not working for him lol
    well ill talk to ya all soon

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    Dustmite Thanks on the congrats. I don't know about the AF thing as I have had mine back since Dylan was two months old but I would be careful with DTD just in case!
    ah yes, but I there is the part of me that likes the thrill of the risk...LOL

- oops....didnt see that one coming??

oh well, time will tell....lol

i take congrats is in order for you dustmite yo have been busy lol
    talk to ya all soon

Dustmite, a big congrates to you and Heidi, Hope Heidi has a great nine months ahead of her.

Em- Charli is sooooooo cute a big chuba baba, My Charlotte looks so small compaired to him, I love the pixi? photo's so cute.

Cassie- i am thinking i will start Charlotte on some fruit soon, i have some pumpkin there but she is not that fussed on it, will try again tonight.

Easry this morning like 4am Charlotte thought it would be a good time to start blowing raspberries, the little monkey.

Wow Dustmite out of my two Babies born in July forums you are the very first to have the next BFP wow wow wow wow for you both. Congratulations!!!! Wow I really spoke too soon there. Maybe Corban will have a little brother to play with as I am sure Cara and Sienna play together and you can use the other boys name you both liked, can't quite remember what it was Isaac, Xander, am I even close?

Another hot hot hot day here in Melbourne and I am over it. I am not a bit fan of the heat and I don't think Dylan is either. I tried Dylan with rice cereal mixed with pureed apple and he didn't make the funny face this time which is good I guess the rice cereal made the apple a little bit blander. Next week we will try pumpkin. I will have to post the pics when I have uploaded them.

Baiza Dylan is kinda commando crawling with bum up, head into the floor and feet digging in to push him forward cute but dangerous!

Bye all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    Wow Dustmite out of my two Babies born in July forums you are the very first to have the next BFP wow wow wow wow for you both. Congratulations!!!! Wow I really spoke too soon there. .
    LOL, ok just want to make sure we all understand there is no congradulations at this time. I used the BFP simply to make an illistration at what could be.....(I think you indicate that with the last statement)...Just to clear up any confusion. Then again who knows how long until its a real statement. Currently there is no attempt to prevent and no indication when fertility will return so we could have a surprise return and well.....be surprised.

I have just gone back and scanned the rest of the messages...I am very sorry to all. I was not attempting to imply that we were but that because of our lack of prevention that is likley to happen. I was then indicating a s**** on my shock. After all, how surprised can we honestly be if we do nothing to prevent.

Again, I am very sorry for not making it as obvious as I had thought. Looking back at it I could have done better. My appologize to all.

Fee Guest

Well Cooper's teeth have continued to come through a little more. On Sunday his gums were bleeding!!! :eek:

We bought a box of Farex the other day in preparation for Cooper's first taste of solids. I have the date picked out! Saturday, 20th January. It's the first Saturday after he turns 6 months. I want Mark to be there! I'm going to mix the Farex with my breastmilk. The other morning as I was feeding Cooper, I held a container to collect milk from the opposite boob. I get a huge letdown when I feed. I managed to collect nearly 50ml! So now I know how much I get, I will do this every morning once we start the Farex. I can use this to mix in with the Farex. We also went to IKEA and bought Cooper the Antilop highchair.

Here's a funny story. I was cuddling Cooper yesterday and he had his teething ring. He kept trying to stick it in my mouth and was laughing. He'd then chew on it and then try to put it in my mouth again! I'm sure he knew what he was doing! It was hilarious.

Since I asked about babies sitting I have been practicing Cooper sitting. Yesterday he was lasting for quite a while unassisted. I just put a boomerang pillow behind him. I'll try again today and see how long he goes.

Oh yeah guess what?! I think AF returned last night - DAMN! :frown:

kmh – Is it still hot where you are? Yay for Charlotte's raspberries. Cooper started blowing them early on. But now he goes through phases – for weeks he will blow raspberries and not goo much. Then he'll swap and be a real chatterbox but forget how to blow raspberries! Hehehe.

Dustmite – I think Cooper is definitely going through some major developing. I hope so anyway – it will be a good explanation for his strange sleeping habits at the moment.

Fraser – How did Charlie's needles go? I had a look at your website. Charlie is a real cutie!

Cassie – Glad to hear Dylan is going well on the rice cereal. Have you tried any vegies yet?

Baiza – Cooper has been showing signs of wanting to crawl for a while now. He gets up on his knees and even his feet, but he still has his head resting on the ground. He can't get up on his hands and knees at the same time yet. I think he's getting very frustrated.

Fee Guest

Oops Cassie – I just saw your post above about the pumpkin. Good luck! I hope Dylan likes it.

Awwww Dustmite no worries about the confusion and I do see your point about how easy it can be. We are not doing any prevention at this stage either so who knows what will be will be. I would prefer to wait until Dylan is at least two to start TTC #2 but if nature steps in that would be wonderful too.

Fee You are so lucky to have so much let down, I pump and pump and can usually get up to 60 mls but it can take 10 or so minutes. I mix Dylan's rice cereal with cool, boiled water I wanted to use breastmilk but decided not to. I was going to wait until Dylan's 6 month birthday but our maternal nurse said to start straight away due to his being under the 10th percentile. I am looking forward to his first taste of pumpkin and hope he loves it as I love pumpkin so much. The next vegi I will try will be sweet potato then potato then carrot. It is a whole new world with solids, very exciting.

Anyway another stinking hot day here pheww off to lie in front of the fan.

Dustmite- thats ok, got very exiteted there, i love new babies.

Fee- yu are so lucky to get a huge let down, the other day Charlotte was feeding and she can off to chat and i must of got my let down becuasr milk was pooring out, it was funny, i had to put my fingers over my nipple. I also put breastmilk into Charlottes farex she wont eat it otherwise, She loved her pumpkin last night, I am going to ive it to her for a few more days.

Cassie- Charlotte is in the 10th percentile too, we get weighed in a week, last time she weighed just over 6 kg's.

Madison is in Childcare today and when i dropped her off there was a mum dropping off her 3 months old son, i felt so sorry for him. I am off for lunsh today and then shopping and then to pick up maddie, i miss her already

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast