Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #6

Fraser Guest

Kelly - Charlie is similar - 10pm, 2am, 4.20am and then up at 6.30am. It's been like that for almost 2 weeks now - it really takes it out of you.

Mads - are you hanging on to your sanity? how is it going

Fee - sounds like we're all in the same boat - Cooper must have been on that conference call too!

Dustmite - Hope Corban is feeling better - where you live looks awesome - like something out of a movie!

must run - Charlie is trying to eat his pat mat - makes me nervous....

thank you all regarding the pic's, I must admit though I would rather live some place tropical or even on the west coast w/Ocean. I hate snow and real cold. Oh well. The problem with Montana is that you can not "eat the scenery" and the economy really sucks here.

Fee Guest

I've been going mental today with Cooper's napping. Sorry no personals right now. Sounds like we're all going a bit crazy. Cooper is taking SO long to go to sleep. I've posted in the comforted sleeping section about it. He's really testing my patience.

The GP said he has no ear or throat infections which is good. So it must be teeth? He's still waking at night sometimes (not for feeds, just for some bottom pats). Also he's still waking early for his first feed of the day.

And I'm pretty okay too after my GP check for my "downstairs issues". I've got estrogen cream to try and 2 referrals - one to my OB and one to a recommended female gyno. The GP reckons I should be fine. Says I have age on my side and good healthy elastic skin. But she was lovely and comforting about the whole thing. I won't go into all the details - bit personal and all that. But anyway I'll see how the cream goes. Apparently I have an unusual ridge of scar tissue. Yay for me! Hmmmmm....

Amazingly Cooper is asleep now ... nearly 1.5 hours. That's a record for the last week or so. I miss his 2 hour naps... This morning I spent 30 minutes settling him and he slept for about 20 minutes.

Okay gotta dash. Will be back later girls (and boy). Hugs to all.

Mads- i hope it works for you, let us know how you go.

Em- i wonder what has happened to our sleeping babies?

Fee- hugs to you about cooper sleeping during the day, I have no trouble getting her to sleep, it just staying alseep during the night, for her day sleeps she will have 2+ hour sleeps and 1+2 -3 hour sleep.

Charlotte just had her first shower with me, and loved it, oh iand i got her to eat pears this morning and she ate most of it, yay.

carlys Guest

Default Hi ALL!!

Hi ladies and babies!

Just thought I'd pop on for a quick hello! My name is Carly, and my beautiful little girl is Georgia.. she was born 28 July 06...so is 6 months old she is my little princess, and i love her so much...its amazing.. six months.. seems like yesterday.... (possibly cos I have probably only slept one full night in the past 6 months!) lol

I posted on Bellybelly during my pregnacy, and up until Georgia was born, but i have been soo busy, (and slack!) that I have not posted for awhile...but the time has come!

How are all your bubbies going..? Has anyone sprouted any teeth yet? Did anyone else find that there bubs sleep pattern went haywire at 6months?? My bub is waking every two hours.. growth spurt maybe?? IM SOOO TIRED

Anyway, good to be back!

Carls xo

carlys Guest

Default Whoops!

Hi again! Just read back through the previous posts....it seems everyone has bee a tad sleep deprived of late goodness me.. might be the weather? its hot one min, cold the next.. ? could be the problem... or maybe just one of the ups and downs our babies will go through.. oh well.. my problem is, im so busy trying to keep ontop of the chouse hold chores when bubs has her day naps that i NEVER have been able to catch 40 winks myself...everyone keeps telling me that i should.. but its easier said than done i find

Carls xo

Mads- that is wonderful that things are starting to get better, wow at feeding twice during the night, you must be feeling a bit better today.

Carly- Hi, welcome to our group, Charlotte has no teeth yet and it does not look like any are coming, I too am having trouble with sleeping during the night.

Well It was a bit better last night, got her down at about 8:30pm, but i was about to go to bed at 9:30 and she woke for a feed, she had her feed, then woke up at 12:30am then 3:50am, i brought her back into bed with us about 6:30am and then we sleep to 8am.
    Oh she had pears and farex again this morning, yay, something that she likes

Quote Originally Posted by carlys View Post

I posted on Bellybelly during my pregnacy, and up until Georgia was born, but i have been soo busy, (and slack!) that I have not posted for awhile...but the time has come!
    Welcome back!

Fee Guest

Cooper slept well last night no night wakings at all. But he still woke a little early for his feed 4.40 am. It was so close to 5.00 am by the time I got up to him that I didn't try putting him back to bed. I went by our "routine" as if it were 5.00 am, so we both stayed up. He played for a while and I put him back to bed just after 6.00 am. It took a little while for him to get to sleep. I ended up going back to bed too and we both slept until 8.00 am.

Cooper has now tried pear. I stewed some pear last night. I also gave him a piece of raw pear in the Tommee Tippee Fresh Food Feeder. He chewed and sucked the mesh for a bit and we thought all was going well. But then he pulled some faces.

I finished stewing the pear and then pureed it. I let it cool and spooned it into ice cube trays. I put a tiny bit on my finger and gave it to Cooper. Of course he pulled a face!!! This morning he had a proper meal of it mixed in with Farex. I managed to get him to eat the whole lot (1 teaspoon Farex with cube pear puree). He's definitely not enthusiastic about it though. I wait until his mouth is open and then I zoom the spoon in quickly!

Cooper slept a bit better today. I gave him my PJ top to snuggle with and it seemed to help. I have tried this before and it has worked, but then other times not. Aside from the first nap which was 2 hours, his other naps were only 30 minutes. I think I'm going to buy him a security blankie toy like a Snugzeez. Just Google it for the website.

kmh I gave Cooper pears too (as I wrote above). He ate it but is still not interested. I have to trick him to open his mouth.

Glad to hear Charlotte liked her shower! Cooper just had his second one the other day with Mark.

carlys Welcome!!! You will enjoy posting in this thread. It's a lovely group.

Cooper sprouted two teeth (bottom) at the beginning of July. I have a feeling he could be teething again.

Mads Glad to hear Freya slept well for you last night. I hope tonight brings more sleep!

Fraser - How's Charlie and his sleeping?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hi everyone seems to be having the same issues trying to feed and sleep themselves and get bubs doing same LOL. I think it must be a development phase.Sam & Joel are 7 months today.

I have been MIA -busy and busier with two at my taps.

Sam hates solids and will not have even a taste sometimes unless I slip it in when he cries or opens his mouth -so I am leaving him now.He is on the (.) constantly if I let him and wakes a few times overnight for it or screams if I don't... of course I do because don't want to wake other DS and even big DS heard him screaming from other end of hosue when I didn't get up straight away.Normally he is in our bed so I get to him quick.

Joel my little champion loves eating and when bowl is empty cries.He is now fully BFing except for one EBM bottle at night to make sure he continues to take bottle and to make sure he goes to bed full and well hydrated.He then goes anywhere from 5am to 7am before an early BF in bed.He still has reflux but rarely vomits in bed but does thru the day.He also has urinary reflux and has been in hospital twice for that in late Nov and early Jan on IV antibiotics.

No teeth here but lots of drool and chewing of everything.I tried Sam on rusks but not interested ... Joel could eat whole down and does. Sam would rather eat tv program or catalogues LOL

Tommee Tippee Fresh Food Feeder.
    where is best place to buy them.

Sam goes to bed at about 8pm for a 40min nap if I am lucky or later and then is up again for a few hours.

During the day they are okay with sleeping but not at the same time usually. except for maybe an hour in mornings.

Welcome back Carlys

Mads, have you tried fruit, Charlotte likes pears mixed with farex, so she is having that at the moment, she is not too keen to vegetables. Good luck with feeding only once during the night, I don't know how we would go doing that Charlotte wakes up hungry, and it does not really bother me to get up to feed her, its only inbetween feeds that i get cranky about.

Fee what does the Tommee Tippee freash food feeder, do?

baby-amore- wow, you are so busy, well done.

Well Charlotte woke up twice last night and woke up with her eye closed over from her eye weeping, it looked horrable, it hasn't done it since.

HOw long are your bub going between feeds now, Charlotte has been doing about 4 hourly, and its killing my boobs and back,
    well she has woken up, yay I can release my boobs as they are about to burst.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I found the TT fresh food things in Target.

Sam still wont eat it it has aplastic handle and he bangs it - and Mads he is one who feeds 2-3 times 10pm to 6am.Goodluck it wears you down.

Oh poor little Charlotte hope her eye is okay.

Sam refuses pears and everything.Joel eats everything even spinach and carrot puree but he told me it wasn't his favourite by the look on his face but he kept opening for more LOL. Joel is saying mum mum all the time -only started two nights ago.Sam only says it when upset and wants my (.)(.).

Sarina has been eating 'solids' for 3.5 weeks now and i've learnt that she doesn't like single flavours. I've heard a theory that because she's breastfed she's used to a mix of flavours. When eating pear, she pulls a face like i've just given her a lemon to suck. But if I mix it with rice cereal, she eats it (very very slowly) all.

MADS - I alternate introducing a fruit then a veggie and haven't noticed any particular preference from Sarina. I give it 2 or 3 days before introducing the next new one.

She's had a variety of mixed purees but it generally takes 1 hour to feed her about 1 tablespoon (1 ice cube). I stop after 1 hour (or when she protests too much) as it starts encroaching onto time for the next feed! She just can't seem to figure out what a spoon does. She'll happily drink the food if I make it runny enough!

Apparently, according to my mum, i used to take 2 hours to eat a tablespoon at the beginning so mum just laughed and told me to persevere. Easy for her to say from the other side of the world.

I offer Sarina food twice a day. Sometimes she'll take it, sometimes she won't. I've just spent the evening making chicken and beef stock to start introducing meat to her over the weekend (thought I'd mix the stock with rice cereal first).

All in all, I'm trying to not get too stressed that she's eating so little as she's still happily drinking my milk and clearly isn't hungry for food yet.

Luckily she's sleeping through from 8pm - 6am at the moment too (sshhh - don't let her hear that though!).

BABYAMORE - I'm looking after a baby in my mothers group one day a week - how on earth you cope 24/7 is AMAZING! I'm exhausted after 10 hours (although I really enjoy it)!

KMH - Sarina is about 3.5 - 4 hrly. I'm concious of trying to make sure she takes enough during the day though as I don't want her to start waking in the night again!

HOw is everyones nights going? I could really do with some more sleep, Charlotte has decided that her bed time is about 11pm and then she was up for a feed at 12:30am and then 6am, but she woke up 2:30 and i brought her in to bed with us.
    With trying to get her down at night it takes so long and so many feeds, and i have cuddler to sleep so dirffernt from the day where she will put her slef to sleep, so i have called the Queen Elizabeth Centre (sleep school) for some advice on how to get her down at night, they will call me back to the 15th of feb, as she wont respond to patting.

Mads- it dont sound harsh at all, I think we all knew what you ment, Charlotte gets hungry over night as she can not settle until i feed her.

Last night we were laying in bed and Tim asked me if i was going to b/f after Charlottes first birthday, I think i will, is anyone else going to?
    also does anyone leak anymore, i am sitting here with a hugh wet patch on my pj;s top

[QUOTE=RoyaUK;613966]Sarina has been eating 'solids' for 3.5 weeks now and i've learnt that she doesn't like single flavours. I've heard a theory that because she's breastfed she's used to a mix of flavours. When eating pear, she pulls a face like i've just given her a lemon to suck. QUOTE]

We have found that Corban does not like cold food. if you give him something that is luke warm he does much better but if it is cold he will give you the same face you described.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    Last night we were laying in bed and Tim asked me if i was going to b/f after Charlottes first birthday, I think i will, is anyone else going to?
    also does anyone leak anymore, i am sitting here with a hugh wet patch on my pj;s top
    Heidi most likley will and yes she still leaks some times. Of course Corban likes to get the milk to let down then pull off which is real fun for Heidi.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello all
    to answer some questions:
    leaky boobs: yes, I still leak, but only at night when they are super full and not too much...
    Food: Ally is still eating like there is no tomorrow... 4 meals a day - a cup at each meal.. it is out of control... I swear I spent a whole day just making her food... dinner is now lentils with mixed vegies... I'm yet to start cows milk, wheat or meat - as those things don't sit that well with me...

oh darn, Ally is up.. thought I would get to chat more.. back soon...
    luv
    CC
    at least I got to hear what your all doing!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast