Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #6

Fee - I only live 10 min walk from Ikea here - would you like me to pick up a tray for you and send it up? I see your store is still out of stock. It makes it much easier with the tray.

Last night, was much worse, i really don't know what is happening
    7:30 I put her to bed in a sleeping bag
    8:00 got her up as she was not settling and rocked her to sleep, put her down.
    8:30 was put to bed
    8:50 I went to bed
    9:30 Charlotte woke up, so i took her out of the sleeping bag and wrapped her, she was not that happy in the sleeping bag. got up and feed her,
    around 10pm- back to bed.
    woke up at 11:30 and was very ressless and didn't rally go back to sleep until about 1am in bed with us. I had a few tears then as I was so tired.
    1:20am woke up and i layed her on my chest and patted and she was back asleep, back into her bed.
    3:30am woke up for a feed. Back into her bed.
    $am- MAdison woke up, Tims gets up.
    6am- Charlotte wakes up for another feed, back into her bed.
    7am- wakes up and is put in with me.
    8:30- wakes for the day.

No wonder i am so tired, I just Had a sleep for an hour while the girls were alseep, And now i have to go to the shops to get something for dinner, I think i will have pasta as its easy.
    Tim is going to give Charlotte a EBM bottle tonight, so i can try and have some extra sleep, I hope this works.

so I was working on homework all night and finaly decided to call it quites at 1:30Am. DW and I were getting ready to head back to bed when the little bugger (Corban) decided there was no need to go back to sleep now, so he decided he would just stay up and play till 3:00AM!!

well, off for more homework. Sounds like every one is having a wee more success feeding some solids to the little ones than we are..lol. Any one having more success with crawling yet? Corban hates it so much that if you try to set him down like that he braces his arms out to keep off of the floor or what ever surface you are trying to set him down on.

Hi everyone

Kelly So sorry that your night was bad looks like you really need to go to that sleep school I think it will do you a world of good. Don't worry there has been many a night of me crying in the night when Dylan won't settle or resettle as it is so frustrain especially when you have been asleep and then have to get them to go back to sleep and they won't and you are so tired that your nearly asleep while resettling them. I feel for you as this happens to me too. Last night although Dylan went down easily when he awoke for his middle of the night feed at 4.45 he would not go back to sleep for ages even though I did not turn the light on, did not change his nappy, did not talk to him, etc etc and most nights are now like that.

Fee Gymbaroo is baby gym the session is split into two parts the first part they get to use equipment designed to stimluate them and excercise their bodies like tunnels, balls, soft slopes for rolling up and down on, baby trampolines, fit balls, etc. The second part is more excercises plus singing and dancing and more stimlation it is really good and Dylan seems to enjoy it.

Mads I think you are right about it being a common accident and he is ok but it could have been worse. Be caredful with Freya as Dylan is only rolling and not even crawling yet.

Roya We go to the Malvern Gymbaroo on Dandenong road. You must be in Richmond if you are close to Ikea my second favourite shop after baby bunting .

Ooooh I have bubs on my lap and can smell something nasty coming from below!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hello Carley – great that Georgia likes yogurt, Ally hates it! Yeah, two little teeth – have you started cleaning them yet! He hee

Kmh – hang in there honey, it will get better.. As soon as Ally was eating her cup of lentils and veggies each night she started to sleep through – and this is from waking every two hours and only 3 x 45min naps a day… I’m so excited you have booked one night in for sleep school, I wonder if it would be good or bad for Madison to go with you? What do they recommend???? I’m sure it is not an uncommon problem? Hope tonight is better for you.

Dustmite – no way – 5 teeth, that is fantastic.. yeah!

Fraser – two teeth, that is fantastic… Ally still has zero! Well done Charlie!
    Fee – Ally doesn’t like bannana’s either – and this is from a baby who eats brown lentils! Oh you are going to Kingscliff, the bar their (Salt) has excellent meals and views, hope you have a great time.

Mads – I’m so glad a nurse from Tresilllian came to visit – do you remember her name? You are doing a super job. I know it won’t change overnight – maybe they could visit again? Oh, Ally is a tummy sleeper too, so I stopped wrapping, but I give her the wrap to cuddle. Twice a night is do-able for a while, soon it will stop all together… regarding coping strategies.. I make my lunch at Ally’s morning sleep as I never get time over lunch – that and I make the bed as soon as I get out so at least that is one clean place to lye with Ally when all goes to s*^%t. So that is my coping strategies (and my glass of red wine as soon as Ally goes to bed – he hee)
    Cassie – oh honey, you poor thing! Ally fell off the couch (bad mummy) at 6 weeks… I didn’t think she could roll!

Meat – my friend has a book called super foods for babies (only available in the UK) and it says to feed them liver from 7 months, so that is what her baby is eating! OMG, gross hey – but her baby is a total super baby, she has 4 teeth, can crawl, stand up and walk (with hands) and get this, today she learnt how to Hi 5, and down low!!!!! Far out, she is 7 and a half months!!!!

Me: Ally is being so fussy of late, she wants me to hold her all the time, total Velcro baby.. I love her and all, but I can’t even leave her to go heat up her dinner… The lady from Tresillian also advised me to give her more floor time so she can learn to crawl, but she just wants to be cuddled – oh well… she is just so cute I can’t say no…

Oh, for those who want to feed their babies a bit more food / different food – try feeding them in the bath – a friend have me this tip ages ago and tonight Ally was so fussy / clingy that she did not want to eat any of her dinner and I remembered this tip – worked a treat. I know it sounds a bit weird, but it works – and there is less mess to clean up!

OK, must run, sorry if I have forgotten anyone, I meant to post this 4 hours ago!

carlys Guest

Hi all!

Well today Georgia discovered how to sit by her self!! snif* awww my little girl is growing up so fast .. She thinks she pretty clever, should have seen the look on her face!! Wont be long now till she crawls im guessing... has any one else got a crawler yet??

Have to be a quick post tonight, Im off to bed..totally stuffed. I went to bed at 7:30 last night, thinking I could catch up a bit... and wouldnt you know it, I COULDNT FALL ASLEEP!!! I was SO ANNOYED!!... I got all my chores done, and for once in my life, I have the time to go to bed early, and aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh!! So I got up, and played this damn computer instead

Im gunna try again now..hopefully Georgias teeth cut through soon, and we can both get some sleep!

Take care all!

Carls xoxox

ps: Cassie: dont worry, I think everyone has had something like that happen... Georgia has nearly rolled off the change table about a million times! They are sooo fast! You poor bugger..dont stress, It would have hurt you more than him! xo

Last night was sooooooooo much better, we moved Charlotte to her room, i am missing her being so close to me but it has done wonders, We tried to put her down around 9pm, and she cried ( well sooked) do i went in the and tried patting, got her to calm down and walked out, she called out again and woke Madison, so i got her up and rocked her, got her to sleep around 9:30pm So i went to bed. Tim said she woke about 10, and he rocked her to sleep, and he tried giving her a top up feed of EBM around 12am, she just slept through it so he came to bed, Charlotte woke up at 1:30am ( 5 hours between feeds yay) and then at 6am and then woke up for the day at 8am, so I am feeling a bit better today.

CC- Tim is trying to organise his work around the sleep school so i don't have to take her which would be so much better. I have herd about BF in the bath as that can help, but not eating solids.

Carls, I had the same thing happen to me last night and through out the night, I don't think my bodies used to that much sleep.

Well we are going to try patotoe tonight, has anyone else tried this?
    I have also updated Charlottes web site with some new pics.

Hi Mads,

I really recommend the IKEA high chair (the white one). It's $40, wipes clean so easily, the legs come off easily for dissembling it (for when we pack it for a trip) and it's highly recommended by CHOICE. I also have the inflatable cushion to help support Sarina.

The only thing I notice at this stage is that it's not a reclining chair so she can slump forward a bit when tired but I think this'll stop happening in the next couple of weeks.

I can't believe she's 7 months old already!! Happy 7 months (for yesterday) to Corban too.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Dustmite – sorry did not see your post before mine – what a little rascal, not sleeping – makes you wonder whether you will ever have a good nights sleep ever again!

Cassie – Ally went through this phase for about a month when 5am was her wake up time, luckily for me DH wakes at 5am anyway so he would take her and then put her back to sleep at 6.30am then he would leave for work, so it worked out really well for me, I hope this phase does not last too long for you and that you can work out an arrangement of sorts with your DH till it is over…

Carly – that happens to me too, you finally have the time to sleep and your body / mind won’t let you… hope you get some good sleep soon. Yeah about Georgia’s sitting – that is great, I’m sure the world looks a whole lot different sitting than laying down!

Kmh – Ally hates potato, as does most of the other babies in my mothers group… so maybe have a back up plan ready? Your nights sound pretty bad at the moment – I’m in two minds about have two babies… stories like your scare me - esp as that is considered a good night!

Mads – glad Freya was good last night, and that you had someone come and chat to you.. It is actually nice isn’t it (even thought there is nothing wrong with you).. I had a lady named Karen – she was excellent, but I think they are all nice. Comando crawling – WOW, yeah.. Yes, now you have to clean the floors and put those locks on the doors (we did our place last weekend)… We still pull the door open and forget to unlatch them…

I’m going to Ikea to buy the high chair this Sunday, like you ,we were given a second hand one which I hate, it did not have a harness so I bought one, but it does not work properly.. I hear the Ikea chairs were FANTASTIC… Might see you at Ikea?

Us: well, Ally is sleeping, funny as she normally only has a 45min nap, but today I remembered that if they sleep for under 2 hours you can try to resettle them, so I did and she went back to sleep... must remember that one in future...

hello to anyone I've forgotten

I brought Charlotte some youghurt today, i Don't know what time to give it to her though.

What is everyones babies having for dinner, At the moment Charlotte has been having pears mixed with farex, as this is the only thing i can get her to eat and she is still on one meal a day, I think i might introduce breakfast soon too, and give her fruit for breakfast and vegies for dinner. Has anyone given carrots yet?

CeeCee- its not bad having two children, Madison hardly wakes up over night and will sleep from about 8pm to 7:30am, and Charlotte has been waking around 3am and then 6am for feeds and she will go back to sleep to about 8:30am and Tim gets up to Madison in the mornings. I am thinking i want a 3rd, but i am going to wait a little while yet.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

kmh - Ally loves carrots, yum yum.. for dinner she is having a mix of potato, sweet potato, carrot, beans and lentils. but she just had afternoon tea which was stewed apple with farax, for lunch she had 1/2 an advacardo with a bit of stewed apple mixed in for flavor, for breakfast she had a stewed nectrine with farax....

I think yogurt is great (so easy and something easy besides fruit has to be good) but Ally did not like hers so I've been advised to wait till she is 9 months and try again - but my other girlfriends give it to their babies after dinner. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

ok, thought i would give my little man some shameless pluggin by posting some pics.

This is a pic of the little dude and one of his Grandpa's on Superbowl Sunday:
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ms/dabears.jpg

Cow Jammies:
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...s/cowcorb1.jpg

The Fam:
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...s/bears072.jpg

Eating Solids:
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ormoms/box.jpg

And New Outfit:
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...s/corboct2.jpg

anyhow, hope that is not too many. I am posting the links because I just "know" every one wants to look at my baby!!! lol. Well I hope all is well with everyone and here is wishing you all more sleep at night!

Dustmite,he is very cute.

CeeCee- I might try and give Charlotte some yougurt for breakfast tomorrow, and try her on a second meal, I will see how she goes, still not into her solids much.

carlys Guest

Hi all!

Sorry, have not had time for personals..will catch up on them soon...

This weeks been a HUGE week for Georgia! she has cut her two bottom teeth ) YAAAYYYY!!!! poor little girl, I hope she sleeps more now... She has learned to sit up by herself, and TODAY she got up on all fours and rocked backward and forward!! heheee!!

All I know is that you guys were right... NO SLEEP ALL WEEK!! counted 8 times up last night, but two teeth cut this morning, so that coupled with all the other developments this week, is bound to keep ANYONE up at night! There must be sooo much going on in her sweet little head at the moment!

Oh, by the way...I dont know if I mentioned it before this, but I am getting Married on the 24th of this month (and Bub is getting Baptized same day too) and I got a call from the lady who is making my dress, to tell me to come and collect it....and SHE RUINED IT!!!!!!!!! Its a basic two piece 'a' line with a corsett style top..skirt turned out okay, but top is totally WRONG! all puckered and mis shaped, the zip is half way from the side seam to my boob : I have left it there for her to try to fix,but i doubt she can..so I have had to rush out and buy a cheap 'DEB' dress for my wedding day I cant believe this is happening two weeks before the big day AND all with NO SLEEP under my belt

Sorry, had to vent.... Thanks for the ear

Catch up for personals soon, gotta run!

Carls xoxoxxx

Carly- oh no, i hope you can organise a Dress, you poor thing, Good luck with it all. Yay for Georgia, what a cleaver girl.

Charlotte saih her first word today, Da Da, after all the time i was saying mum mum, her first word was dada, oh well, its just so cute.

Fraser Guest

Charlie sick - Emily tired - boo hoo

hello all - want to do personals but can't muster strength

oh man I hear crying again.......

ps Dustmite - fantastic snaps!! so cute (Corban is...)

Carlys Congrats! So glad to hear the good news (both the wedding and baptisim)! Terrible about the dress and I do hope things work out on it.

I have have to come in to say that Charlotte slept through the night, YAY ,
    She went down around 9pm, then was back up at 9:30 for a top feed, i went to bed and then Tim said she woke up at 11pm he gave her a cuddle and she went back down to 7:40am. I woke up at 5:15am, wondering what was happening, but she was in a deep sleep, so i had to put a bra on and some breast pads, (my poor boobs).
    Oh i hope this keeps going.

I can not belive in a matter of 24 hours she said her first word and slept through the night, She is growing sooooo fast

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast