Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #7

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishs, I got my hair done this morning, it looks cool.

Fee- yay for not having to go back to see the gyno, Cooper is a cleaver boy.

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone.

Feeling pretty blah the last 2 days. I just want to be a couch potato and do nothing. Danielle's being a real handful crawling everywhere and getting into everything. Last night I turned my back for 2 seconds and she was off down the hall and into the bathroom which is a good 10 metre crawl. Next thing I know she's off again, crossed the hall and into the study and eating paper! I'm thinking of putting a bell on her like a cat so I can here where she is - just kidding!! Sunday night I had to get up to her 5 times during the night with a horrible growning cry and had to settle her. Her teeth must be playing havoc with her. Her gums are so white it's not funny. Luckily last night I just had to resettle her at 9.30pm and then she slept until just after 6.30. I was happy for the full night's sleep. That's probably why I feel blah!

Fee - Yay for DTD!! I'm glad the cream is helping. I'm sure after a while you'll be fine. I wish I could eat like a horse and fad away!!

Cassie - no real rocket science behind my weight loss - cut out the crap, eat smaller portions, drink heaps of water and take psyllium (sp?) husks. I haven't been exercising as much as I want to now with work but it's great to have baggy jeans and jeans that I've never been able to wear properly before fitting perfectly. I'm seeing people that I haven't seen since Christmas and before on Friday so it'll be interesting if anyone says anything. Coming from a person who was classed as obese (that upset me majorly when I found that out) I can't wait until I'm in my healthy weight range. Might even adjust my target once I get to 66kg. I hope things are OK with you and it cools down and your DH gives you heaps of love when he's back.

Carlys - try and relax and I'm sure everything will be perfect on the day. I can still remember me stressing out about everything on my day. It'll work out - you'll see. Enjoy your day and best of luck.

I'm off to try and reconcile the bank statement. It hasn't been done properly since the company was bought out in August last year - eekk!!

Well I just went and got Charlotte weighed as I was a bit worried as she will not really take to solids and becuase she is sleeping through the night she has dropped 2 feeds, so she is on about 5 feeds a day and we are still trying to get her to take solids, anyway she is still only:
    6.865 kgs, so tiny still, I can not belive she is till under 7 kgs, and she only put on 170 grms in 5 weeks, so my health nurse said to try and feed her before a b/f to try and get her into taking solids, so just keep giving Charlotte what she will eat, so I am going to offer her fruit 2-3 times a day.
    She is also still in some 000 clothes, her clothes are lasting me ages, which is great.

Will come on later and do personals.

Very quiet in here today!!

Not much to report. Danielle woke up twice during the night and Ken got up for her as he couldn't sleep. He's a darling!! Danielle crawled from the lounge room to the bathroom yesterday (from one end of the house to the other almost). I've gotta have eyes in the back on my head now - she's getting into everything!!!!

Kel - just keep trying with the solids. I'm sure she'll start putting on weight really soon. I can't believe she's still in 000. Danielle's in 0's and I've even started pulling out some 1's for her to wear. The 1's are a bit long but just rolling up the sleeves once and they fit. I weighed her last night and she's 8.9kg (up 800gms since the beginning of Jan) and about 70cm long. Big girl!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone,

Sarina is now 7.5 months olds and weighs 8.1kg. I'm still struggling with food too Kel.

I think perhaps I was almost forcing it on her in the first few weeks so I've really cut down how long I spend with her in the highchair. I offer her food 3 times a day, but i'll be lucky if she eats more than 1 teaspoon in a sitting. Having said that, the last 2 days, she's eaten 2 tablespoons in one go at 6pm. I've got so much frozen puree in the freezer! Anyone know how long you can keep it for (frozen veggie puree)?

Bubs - Sarina got onto all 4s for the first time last weekend....just waiting for the crawling now. I guess we need to look at how to childproof?

Fee - we still haven't really DTD. Tried a handful of times, but it was a bit painful. I've been avoiding it really so maybe I should see someone. We don't seem to have a reaction to broccoli (re: poos!!) at all.

I took Sarina for a hearing test yesterday as she isn't babbling or cooing at all. Her hearing's normal but we've been recommended to see a speech therapist. I talk all day with her and read at least twice a day but she just doesn't make a single noise (apart from the closed mouth hungry noise). I know this is a developmental problem but not sure what the effects could be e.g. delayed language development? Am a bit worried.

Fee Guest

We saw the MCHN yesterday. She said Cooper is going well and exceeding his milestones. His latest stats are:

Weight: 8.63 kgs – 65th percentile
    Length: 72 cm – 90th percentile
    Head: 44.5 cm – just above 50th percentile

He's dropped a bit in the weight area. He's normally on the 75th percentile. But he's put on 330 grams in 1 month which is average for this age. He's shot up in the height department though! He has always sat on the 75th percentile. Mark will be pleased with that one!

The MCHN seemed happy enough that I was still doing 3 hourly feeds (5 per day). She suggested trying solids before milk feeds now to see if Cooper eats a bit more. I'll see how that goes and maybe I'll be able to manage getting down to 4 hourly feeds soon. Overall she said everything was great.

She said I could try meat now. I asked about dairy (like cheese) and she said Cooper's a little young? Some of my books say cheese at 7 months. Anyway I might try meat now and then try some dairy at 8 months.

Today Cooper woke at 6.00 am!!! Yahoo. I haven't been enjoying the 4.00 am wake ups and have been happy when he's slept until 5.00 am (his regular wake up time). But 6.00 am! Yay! I don't understand what makes him wake early some days?!

Seeing he slept until 6.00 am, I'm going to try 4 feeds today … around 6.00 am, 10.00 am, 2.00 pm and 6.00 pm. I'll see how that goes. He just went down for a nap at 8.30 am – hopefully it's a longish one as he'll probably only have 2 naps today instead of 3.

Cooper is suddenly lifting his arms to me, meaning, "pick me up". And sometimes when I go to put him on the floor he clings onto my shirt and won't let go. Very cute.

Click here for a video of Cooper laughing with Mark and also getting up on all fours, and then into a sitting position.

Bubseykel – Sorry to hear you've been feeling blah. Hope you're feeling better today. Danielle sounds like she's a real handful! Love the idea of putting a bell around her neck – LOL! She is a big girl – bigger than Cooper! His weight has dropped off a bit.

kmh – I saw the MCHN yesterday and she also suggested that I give Cooper solids before milk feeds now. Just to see if he'll take to food a bit better.

RoyaUK – I offer food 3 times a day too. Cooper's lucky if he finishes 1 cube of food.

I didn't realise there was someone else who had gone as long as me without DTD! I had issues about being too tight (from my tears and episiotomy). I left it so long before doing anything about it. Time just flew by. I hope you can sort it out soon.

When will you see a speech therapist? I hope everything will be okay with Sarina.

hey girls
    long time no chat sorry i havent been chatting you guys i had no internet for 3 weeks it was horrable bailee is doing really well he can clap hands which makes me cry when i watch him its funny how much you teach your children and knowing it works bail had his nurse check up on wednesday and his weight was 8.925kg and he is 70cm tall and has a big head 46.3cm he us just a big chubber he wont sit he wants to stand all the time but when he forgets he can stand he sits all by him self but thats hardly the nurse said he may learn to walk befor he learns to crawl which would suprise me my sister and cuz walked befor crawling

well im off ill talk to ya all soon
    kylie

Fee Guest

Cooper crawled a bit this morning! I got it on video too.
    http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ary2007no3.flv

I'm so excited!!!

Hey Baiza, nice to hear from you. How cute about Bailee clapping! I can't wait until Cooper can do that.

Yay, Charlotte has just put her self to sleep.

I don't know what went wrong last night, but Charlotte woke up at 2:30am for a feed after she has been sleeping through for a few weeks now, she also woke up at 6:45am, but she went back to sleep with me for another hour.
    I am still having troubles getting her to eat any solids, and its drving me mental, as Madison loved her food. I tried giving Charlotte some rice ceral ( 6 month one) this morning and i think i got her to eat about 1/4 tspn and that was after about 10 mins. We tired Banana and she like that if she could hold it, so i broke it up into parts for her to hold.
    She is also tring so hard to get up on her hands and knees, she really wants to get around with Madison.

Fee- wow, cooper is going to walking before you know it, he looks so cute crawling.

Biazar- good to hear from you, its been awhile

Kel- I carn't belive Danielle is going into 1's I think Madison was problery the same, if i can remember that far back. Charlotte is mostly in 00's but she can still fit into some 000.

RoyaUK- I hope everything works out with Sarina.

Hiya everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I'm not sure where the weekend went. Friday night I had a SMIL to be's (I hope that makes sense) Hen's Night, Saturday got my car serviced and had my last game of softball for the season and yesterday we went to a raceway to see the national drifting meet for WA. I have barely seen Danielle all weekend. Ken had her on Friday night, Saturday she was in his car and with him at softball and yesterday she spent the day at Mum's. It was way too hot to take her. When we left the track at 4.30 it was 41 on the temp gauge in the car. Now it's all stormy and 36 today and muggy as - yuk!!

Danielle got up onto her feet yesterday. She crawled up to a "Feet Seat", put her hands on it and stood up whilst having her hands on it. She's doing the same on Mum's steps. My god - she's going to off really soon.

Kel - I have heard that some babies won't eat unless they are feeing themselves so maybe Charlotte is one of those babies. Maybe give her some really soft mushie stuff and let her feed herself. It's worth giving it a go - you've got nothing to loose.

Fee - Danielle was doing exactly what Cooper is doing now about 2-3 weeks ago. Give him about 2 weeks and he'll be off.Q for you - that website you use - does it cost anything to have it? I would love to set something up like that for Danielle so the family can see what's she's up to that don't live in Perth.

Kylie - Bailee is a big boy too. Good to hear things are well.

Roya - sounds like Sarina is going fine with her weight. Keep going - your doing a great job!! I think I've been told that you can keep frozen puree for about 3 months. I don't have that problem with Danielle - she's a pig!! I do a big cookup every 2 weeks and every 2 weeks it's all gone!! Q for you too if you don't mind - you said you are going to see a speech therapist for Sarina - Danielle's not really cooing or babbling - she's only just started opening her mouth and letting just one sound out but last night she did go blah blah blah blah and I lost it in laughter (I was trying to feed her her last bottle for the night and couldn't help it - everyone lost it - it was so funny). I'm wondering if I should be concerned yet. She doesn't say anything like mama or dada like other babies her age.

Well - must be off - lots to do today. Have a great day.

carlys Guest

Hi all!! Just wanted to say IM MARRIED!!!! YYIIPPEEEE!!! The day wend sooo well... just perfect...!

Cant chat now, just wanted to day hi...im sooo busy packing things up from the wedding...busy busy

love to all!

CARLS XOXOXXXX

Fee Guest

Poor Cooper. I think he's teething (4th tooth coming through now). Yesterday he was quite cranky during play time and I had to pat him to sleep for all his day naps and he only slept for 30 minutes at a time. He slept well last night though.

I tried giving him a piece of banana last night for dinner and he was having fun squishing it between his fingers and he did eat some! So it was his first real "solid" food! I also boiled up some mince (with parsley, garlic and a bay leave). I just gave his a whiz in my food processor and put it into ice cube trays. I guess I'll defrost a cube with a cube of vegies. Next time I'm going to boil some steak together with vegies and then mix it up. So he'll be having his first taste of meat today. He's still not eating a lot though. Sometimes he can eat 2 cubes but not often.

kmh – Like Kelly, I've also heard that some babies prefer to feed themselves! I've been reading up on "baby-lead weaning" in relation to solids. It's all about forgetting purees and spoons. Quite interesting. I guess the puree thing came about when babies were being offered solids at 3 months of age. At this age our babies can pick things up etc.

Bubseykel – Wow for Danielle getting up on her feet. That's so exciting!

As for my websites… All my photos are through the Yahoo Photo Albums and they are free. And I've designed Cooper's website through Totsites. That is free too. There is a photo album section on the Totsite but I don't like it that much which is why I put all Cooper's pics on the Yahoo one. Just Google "Totsites".

carlys – Congratulations on your marriage!

Fraser Guest

Yaay Carly!!!! Congratulations! how did it all go with your dress in the end? tell us all about it!

Fee - Cooper is so adorable! Charlie is doing that get up on his knees thing too - just doesn't have the arm movement worked out yet - he pushes himself along on his chin..... weird!

Bubs - Wow to Danielle standing!! she is so clever - then again look who her role model is - you never sit still!!

Kel - naughty Charlotte and not eating solids!! sounds like she has got a mind of her own and she wont do what she doesn't want to! hhmmmm sounds like someone else who was born on the same day as her......

Roya - have you found out more about Sarina and the not talking? try not to worry too much

Baiza - hows your business going?

Mads - has Freya's sleep finally settled down? ps: have I ever told you how much I love your ticker pic? it's the best!

well we've been having an atrocious time - teeth wriggling around, crying, screaming, waking 4 - 5 times a night - he has just started to settle back down again.

He's on 3 meals a day now (all with BF as well) he has farex with apples for breakky, vegies for lunch and some pears for tea.

He has turned into such a little boy - I weighed on the electirc scales - came up 12kg fully clothed - have a clinic appt tomorrow so will find out for sure!

not much else to say apart from the fact we are having a bit of a sh*t time at the moment!

speak soon
    Em
    Last edited by Fraser; February 26th, 2007 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlys View Post
    Hi all!! Just wanted to say IM MARRIED!!!! YYIIPPEEEE!!! The day wend sooo well... just perfect...!

Cant chat now, just wanted to day hi...im sooo busy packing things up from the wedding...busy busy

love to all!

CARLS XOXOXXXX
    AWSOME, and CONGRATS!!!

hey girls
    i just wanted to say bailee is crawling im so happy but now he wont leave me alone he is always by my side lol

fraser-it going really good i cant belive how many people want them im so excited about
    Carly- a big congrats on your wedding
    Fee- i cant belive cooper has teeth already bailee still hasnt got any lol but you can see them in his gums
    Bubs- wow Danielle is doing really good
    sorry if i missed anyone
    talk to ya all soon

Nothing new is happening with Corban. Still just rolls to all fours and rocks a little bit then flattens out and gets mad. The little bugger goes nuts for a remote control though. If he see's one he wants it bad. He also likes to type on the keyboard and last night he got mad at Heidi who has to type (for work) and started pushing her hands out of the way every time she tried to type. Still being a little pill towards sleep though. Heidi decided to try him on some diced fruit since he hates baby food, but he is not fan of diced fruit either. He does seem to like adult food though (a pinch of burger, stuff like that), will try to get more if you are not very fast for him on deliver of next piece.

Yesterday I managed to slam my little toe into the corner of our bed box spring. It was hard enough I felt (maybe heard) a pop and it hurt soooo bad. I could move it at first, but a while later I realized I could not move it fully and it was swollen. This morning I was looking at it, still hurts, still swollen and now I have a bruise ring around it. Gonna be fun walking around campus today!

I hope very one has a good day today, sorry I am not as big on personals as all of you, maybe its the whole guy thing

Hiya,

Danielle's getting into everything at work here today - phone books, cables, boss' office, under my desk - everywhere!! Luckily she's just nodded off to sleep for a while. Yesterday with my aunty she managed to turn a plastic toy box over and put her hands on it and stood up again and she did it again this morning on my foot rest under my desk. She's growing up way too quick!!

Dustmite - Danielle loves any food. We are very naughty and gave her a little taste of ice-cream and she loved it after she got used to it being cold.

Em - Danielle's going through those things at the moment too - waking several times during the night and just being clingy. I think it's teeth too. She does it every time her gums go really white and her cheeks are bright red.

Fee - yay for mince!! He may not like it at first but he'll get the hang of it. Danielle loves chicken and lamb but I give her more red meat than whtie.

Carly - congratulations!!!!!

Must run!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast