Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #7

Fee Guest

Poor Cooper was so upset going for all his naps yesterday. He kept gnawing his hands and my shoulder. I had to keep picking him up for cuddles and then patting him to sleep. Last night at bed time he kept getting upset so we gave him Panadol and he fell asleep quickly. I think this latest tooth is really hurting him.

He's also been biting his cot rails and eating the white paint off.

I was awake at 4.00 am this morning will the sorest boob. I was hanging for Cooper to wake up!!! I had a sore boob all day yesterday. It had so many lumps and hard spots on the side. No matter how much Cooper drained it, I couldn't get rid of the lumps. I tried hot showers, massage etc. Nothing. But I've had this happen before. It usually rectifies itself by the next day. So yeah I was in agony until I heard Cooper wake at 4.50 am and I pretty much flew out of bed!!! Now the lumps are gone but it's soooooooo tender. Maybe bruised from all the massaging Mark and I did?!

Cooper's crawling a little further. Yesterday he crawled across our bedroom to the window. Today he's doing heaps more. He's not to the point of following me around yet, but he's crawling from one room to the other with a bit more confidence.

Anyway back to talking about nap times. He's not self-settling again at the moment. I know it will pass (it always does) but it's doing my head in. He just keeps crawling around the cot and sitting up. Then he gets on his hands and knees and bangs his head into the rails. When I pick him up to soothe him, he chews my shoulder and cries and sort of moans. Poor little bugger.

Fraser – Wow 12 kgs!!! Cooper's only 8.6 kgs. His weight has really slowed down a lot. I'm used to be him being high on the growth charts but now he's dropped. I hope he's getting enough food.

Cooper also has Farex and apples for breakfast (or pears). For lunch I do vegies although yesterday I tried some mince with the vegies. Then I give him vegies again at dinner and sometimes some fruit after. He's been enjoying pieces of banana. I'm going to try more finger foods (soft ones). He's still not a big eater though!!!

Sorry to hear you've been having such a bad time. Sort of sounds like how Cooper is actually lately.

baiza – Be glad Bailee doesn't have teeth yet. I'm going through an awful time with Cooper and teething at the moment.

That is such a cute pic of Bailee in your ticker! How adorable!

Dustmite – Cooper also goes nutso for the remote. Drives me crazy. Phones too. And his other favourites are shoes and the door stop wedge thingos. What a waste to buy toys hey!

Hope your toe gets better soon. It's not broken is it?

Bubseykel – How do you cook your mince? Alone and then mix it with vegies later? Or do you cook it up with the vegies?

Fraser Guest

quick one;

just got back from clinic visit

Charlie must have been wearing a very full nappy when I weighed him

nudey measurements are;

10.8 kilos
    74.5 cm long

still pretty blo*dy huge though!!

Ya, I am pretty sure it is broke. Oh well I guess.

Now I have to ask those of you with boys if my little man is special or not..lol. He has figured out he has "wee wee" and he likes to flick it, kinda scratch and grab it and tug like mad..lol. He smiles when he does this (un-nerves Heidi) and will even cause things to stand up a bit..lol. Now I assume that is not so special, but he gets REAL mad if you don't let him play with it. Heidi will not let him grab it when she is changing him and he will scream bloody murder! Tears are coming out of his eyes he is so upset. Any one elses cry's if they can not play with themselves?

Hello All

Well, I really don't know whats happening with Charlotte she was sleeping through the night for about 3 weeks and the last 3 nights i have had to feed her twice at 2am, and then this morning she was up at 6:15am, she had a nappy change and a feed and she is back asleep just after 7am and she is still asleep at 8:50am.
    She is also becoming really hard to get to sleep during the day, so we are booked into sleep school on the 22nd of march and hopefully if she still is not eating then they can look at that too.
    Last night I gave her some more pears and she actually opened her mouth for it, yay, hopefully she will do it again, Pears is the only thing that she really likes.
    She is still not crawling, but she can go backwards, she does not do this very oftern.

Dustmite- you poor thing, I hope your toe gets better soon. What are you studying?

Mads- You are lucky that Freya will go to other people, Charlotte is still very much a mummies girl, and sometimes still gets upset if she can see me and carn't get to me. That is wonderful that Freya is sleeping better. That is great about the weight gain, it would be scary to know that they could lose weight, I am hoping that Charlotte will be over the 7 kg mark at 8 months.

Em- wow, Charli is a big boy, I think boys look so cute when they are chuby, I have a friend whos boy is a very big boy at 8 months he was 11.8 kgs.

Fee- Poor Cooper, I hope those teeth come through soon, How did you end up getting Cooper to sleep. Cooper will be off and crawling so soon. that is so cool.

Kel- wow Danielle is growing so quickly, I think she will be first to walk.

Well I must be off, I have to get Madison dressed and myself and get Charlotte up soon, as we have mothers group soon.
    Have a great day.

Fee Guest

Poor Cooper was so cranky yesterday. And is cranky again today. He now has the hang of crawling though. Yesterday he crawled from our bedroom, down the hallway and into the laundry!!! I have gone and put power point covers and we still have to buy a safety gate for the kitchen. But this morning he is very grizzly and has been crawling after us (he's not very fast yet) crying.

The funniest thing happened last night. Cooper went to bed with no fuss around 6.30 pm. Then at 10.00 pm he woke up crying. Mark tried patting him but Cooper seemed wide awake and was blowing raspberries. He wasn't crying anymore so we left him and started brushing our teeth and getting ready for bed. Then I peeked in at him. He was sitting up and the next thing I know he has hit the button to turn on his Aquarium. I gestured for Mark to come and have a look as Mark had never seen him turn on the Aquarium before. Then… Cooper lay down and went to sleep!!! OMG it was hilarious. It was like he was wanting to say "Daddy, enough with the patting – I just want my Aquarium on!".

Fraser – Yeah he still is a big boy!

Mads – Sounds like Freya is doing extremely well. You must be very proud!

The only finger food I've given Cooper so far is a chunk of banana. He has gagged a couple of times but mostly he is okay with it. I might try a finger of steamed broccoli or zucchini next.

Dustmite – Yes Cooper has found his "wee wee". In particular last night! He was sitting up in the bath and was totally grabbing it! I was thinking YEOWCH!!!

kmh – Sorry to hear Charlotte is waking again. But yay for the pears! That's great.

Fee- as i can not work out how to downsize pics can i send you an eamil and are you able to downsize a new pic of charlotte. please.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    Fee- as i can not work out how to downsize pics can i send you an eamil and are you able to downsize a new pic of charlotte. please.
    Sure. Do you have my email addy?

Some ways you can do it though are through "Shrink Pictures" website (just Google "resize images") and you will see the website OR use Photobucket. When you upload your photos to Photobucket you can choose what size you want them to be (Avatar, Web, Email etc).

But I'm happy to help via email.

Fee Guest

Actually after Googling "resize images" I can see there are a heap of websites which will help you:

• Shrink Pictures
    • Resize Pic
    • Resize 2 Mail (this looks easy to use)
    • Picasa Google
    • Dosize (this one looks VERY easy ... 1. Select the images you would like to resize / 2. Select the size you would like your new images to be / 3. Send them to your friends by email!)
    • Pic Resize

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    Dustmite- you poor thing, I hope your toe gets better soon. What are you studying?
    If all goes well I will graduate this May with a 2 year degree (AAS). I am studying IT stuff, Networking Management.

Thanks fee I worked it out through photobucket.

I just had a photograher here taking some pics of my girls, she took about 100 pics and it cost me $150, i get 4 blown up and the rest on to a CD. I carn't wait to get them back.

Em- i love the new pic, Charli has the same widows peak the same as Charlotte

Hi girls

Just a quick one to let you know I am still around but have been a slacker and not been posting though have been reading. Dylan is almost crawling and has worked out how to get from sitting to his tummy. He has started trying to get up on all fours but not wuite made it there but I reckon it will be any day now. Apart from that no real news here. Still renovating the house we are looking at kitchens this arvo and we are probably inspecting two houses early evening to buy so that's about it. I will be back to do personals soon.

Byeee

Hi everyone,

Big catch up email here…..

Regarding Sarina’s lack of baby noises, we had her hearing checked by an audiologist which showed no problems there. I spoke with a Speech Pathologist yesterday who said they start treating lack of babbling etc only from about 10 – 12 months so it’s still too early to tell if there really is a problem. I should be exaggerating my voice still though. Lots of ‘ooooo’ and ‘aaaahh’ sounds from me and talking face to face with her even if there is no feedback. She said lots of music is important and singing nursery rhymes. I do all this anyway so just a case of keep on doing it, I guess. She’s actually started making little noises in the last few days (just after she has mastered crawling) so something’s happening! I reckon her mind was busy focusing on moving and now she’s kind of figured it out, she’s ready to talk!

She’s also started to sleep on her front the last couple of days so I keep turning her over – should I or should I just let her sleep like that?

Bubs – has Danielle’s second lot of teeth come through? Sarina doesn’t look like she’s got any coming anytime soon! Such a gummy baby. I’m taking her for a free trial swimming lesson on Monday – what do you do in your baby swimming lessons? I can’t believe Danielle got up on her feet! Woohoo!! To answer your query re: lack of baby noise from Danielle, I reckon she’s been so busy mastering motor skills that she’ll soon start trying ‘talking’ too. I was reassured that it’s pretty common for some babies to be quiet when they’re going through this stage and especially if they’re the first baby. No need to worry – just keep on talking.

Carlys – Congratulations on getting married! I bet you had a great day.

Fee – I’m still doing 3 hrly feeds too. It used to be 3.5 – 4 hrly a couple of months ago, but she now just seems to want more milk than food. Sarina’s tried lots of veggies, fruit and chicken too but just doesn’t seem to want a lot. Sometimes she’ll have a tablespoon & a half, sometimes just a tip of a spoon amount. I offer after milk too. I made up a beef casserole for Sarina but left the top off by accident and it all dried up and stuck to the bottom of the pan – made a nice lunch for me though! Have to try again. Cooper’s crawling is great! Sarina’s started doing raspberries again (she did it around 5 months too for a while). I was told that they are developing mouth muscles when they do so it helps with ‘talking’!

Kmh – Sarina likes putting her hands into her bowl of food a squishing it so I gave her some peach to hold and she wasn’t interested. Not squishy enough! I can guarantee she’ll eat apple but anything else is hit and miss.

Fraser – thanks for the message. I’m not worried anymore – just spend my time singing all day which makes Sarina giggle. Sorry you’ve had it tough recently. Charlie sounds like he’s doing well though.

Dustmite – Sarina’s also discovered the remote controls this week. Don’t know what it is about them – we don’t have the TV on in the day so can’t see why she likes them apart from the feel of the buttons. Loves my mobile phone too. Ouch for your toe – hope the swelling’s going down.

Hi to everyone else I’ve missed.

RoyaUK - Hope your little one starts making allot more sounds for you. It's cool though that she is mobile now. Corban still is not there yet. He ends up moving by scooting from his constant rocking motion and attempts at getting in the crawl position. Oh well, he will finally get there, we will be so excited then it will bug us because he will be all over the place and we will have a hard time keeping track of him! LOL

carlys Guest

Hi all,

Well everything has settled down now after the wedding.. so i am back for a chat!

Georgia has an ear infection... happy days!NOT! She has been off her milk a bit, and decided that waking up in the night every two hours is the go... and she developed a little cough...so off to the doctors we went... I thought maybe a chest cold, but the doc said her chest is clear, but her ears are inflamed... he said it can be due to teething, and she 'is' getting her top two teeth now, so maybe thats why..? aparantly it hurts their ears when they lay down for sleeping, so thats why her sleep has deminished.. he prescribed amoxicillin and panadol, so we will see how she goes im not convinced that its not in her chest, as her cough is worse today... but he did say that its all ear infection related symptoms... so??

Even with being sick, Georgia is still quite happy...and crawling around like mad... shes even ventured into the kitchen from the lounge room... (long crawl!) well, its more like a commando crawl, shes not quite lifting her belly up off the ground enough, but shes zipping around really fast, its so funny to watch!

Shes still not saying any mama's or dada's I guess she will when shes ready..

Well, if Georgias lack of self settling was not bad enough, after this ear thingie its going to be back to square one... darn it ! Shes not even close to sending her self off to sleep now... I am worried, cos i know she needs to learn this skill...i dont want to be rocking a four year old to sleep each night! lol! shes heavy enough now!

Anyway, sorry for the lack of personals! Its good that you are all well... (except for Dustmites toe!)

Carls xoxox

carls- I know what you are going through at the moment, Charlotte will not self settle ( expect if i get her down just at the right time which is really never) and its getting so much worse, but at night she is taking up to 4 hours to get to sleep, and I am having to get her to sleep in our bed then move her to her room and this is like around 11pm and then she is waking over night AGAIN and then is up around 7:30-8am.
    SO we are off to sleep school for 2 nights on the 20th of march.

Fee Guest

Cooper's eating a bit more lately. Up to about 3 cubes per meal now. He's getting the hang of it!

Also he's starting to pull himself up on things. He pulled himself up to standing on Mark this morning.

His 4th tooth has finally come through. I hope he will be a bit happier now. He woke at 1.30 am this morning though – very strange. Mark and I both tried for nearly an hour to get him back to sleep with no success. We patted, cuddled, rocked, gave teething gel and Panadol. I ended up giving him a BF. He then slept until 6.30 am and I gave him another BF then.

Anyway I'm off to a wedding soon. Mark's already there as he's in the bridal party. I'm taking Cooper to the ceremony but then bringing him back home after. I'm going to do his usual bed time routine (dinner, bath, BF, story, bed). Mark's parents will be at our house by about 6.00 pm and they will mind Cooper while I head back out to the wedding reception. It will be the first time both Mark and I have left Cooper!!! I'm nervous. But all should be fine as he should just stay fast asleep. I will try to get home by about 10.00 pm.

kmh – The pic of Charlotte in your ticker is just adorable!

Cassie – Not long and Dylan will be off. Cooper got the hang of it pretty fast. After he learnt to get from tummy to sitting, he got the hang of crawling quite quickly.

RoyaUK – Sarina will be fine sleeping on her tummy. Cooper has been sleeping on his tummy and side since 4 months old. He rarely sleeps on his back anymore. I was worried at first but you soon get used to it!

Dustmite – How's your toe going?

carlys – Poor Georgia. I hope her ear infection clears up soon. Must be very painful for her.

Hello there

Well we went to engagment party last night, and Charlotte was the most perfect angel, she slept for the first 2 1/2 hours with loud music and over 100 people chatting and then and a quick feed and spent the rest of the night until 11:30pm being handed around and dancing with me.

Fee- how was your night with Cooper, I bet you missed him, How was the wedding?

I got a call from my mum, as her DP son had a baby boy born today, Harrison, anyway, they have found out that something is wrong with his heart and he is not getting enough air, so they have transported him from Sale to the Childrens. His daddy has gone with him, but his mummy could not go as she had a c/s to have him, I really feel sorry for her, it must be so hard to have a new born and have him taken 100k's away. I well let you all know what happens.

Its so quite in here, where is everyone.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast