Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #7

Hey everyone, where aer you all.

Just quickly, I got my pics back and they are soooooo nice, if you want to see them, they are on the girls website under " A still life photography" very cute.

Fraser Guest

They are beautiful pictures Kel! gorgeous girls! Must take after their mum!

Fee - Thanx for posting the video links. Looks like Cooper intends to walk soon. Just think, pretty soon you will have a whole new mobility issue! lol

Well all, on another note I have decided that based on all the facts we are trying to TTC regardless if DW really wants to own up to it or not. So I joined the TTC while breast feeding thread (or at least I think thats what its called...lol). Anyhow I would like to announce my candidacy for father of number 4 some day...LOL.

Hi everyone,
    Just got back from getting Charlottes 8 month old checkup:
    Weight is: 7.080
    Height is : 67cms
    head is: 42.5cms
    With her weight she only put on 30 grams in 5 days this is really getting to me, as she is having soooooo many b/fs and is not really eating, 1-2 ice cubes 3 times a day. I think as she is having so much booby then she does not want any solids, and she is feeding heaps over night.
    Anyway we are going to sleep school tomorrow, yay hopefully we can get some things sorted out when we are there.

Fraser Guest

what did the MCHN say about it Kel? Are they concerned? If she's eating so much and not gaining perhaps she's just going to be petite (lucky her!)

Dustmite are you crazy??????

Fraser - LOL. Well here is the deal. I am just being honest with myself and every one else. We do not use anything to prevent nor do we plan to (different reasons for different products, etc.). Heidi pees on sticks non-stop and the last one (a few days ago) she came out and said she is tired of being disappointed. Her attitude is when its meant to be its meant to be. Now in my book all of this says we are TTC regardless if we want to admit it. I have accepted we are having at least one more and its just a matter of time.

carlys Guest

Hi all!

Dustmite - we are also TTC ...but for us its only number 2 baby!! I figure I want to get the sleepless nights out of the way whilst my body is accustomed to it!!

Carls xoxoxxx

Fee Guest

Hi all

I haven't been around for a few days. Been doing it tough here. I've been having the worst few days lately. Cooper is VERY clingy - a real velcro baby! He will NOT self-settle for day naps. He just screams the place down. It's awful. I dread nap time. He is also waking through the night numerous times.

Last night he woke up at 9.00 pm (I re-settled), 10.00 pm (I re-settled), 2.00 am (his cries didn't escalate too much so I left him and I guess we both fell asleep again!) and then at 4.30 am (I BF him). He then slept until 6.30 am.

The other nights before that have been just as bad. He has forgotten how to sleep through! He has also gone off his solids but it starting to eat a few tablespoons again. I wonder if he is teething?

We went to the Baby Clinic today. Cooper has put on 630 grams in 4 weeks and is now 9.26 kgs. Last month he didn't gain much and dropped to the 65th percentile but now he's back a bit closer to the 75th.

I asked lots of questions about BFing and going back to work and also solids. She said I can start dairy now (she said I could from 7.5 months). I didn't mention how the lady I saw last month said Cooper was too young for cheese. That's why I held off! I gave Cooper yoghurt for lunch but he didn't seem keen - too tangy I think! The MCHN said it's still a good idea to wait 5-7 days between each new food. I find this quite a PITA! How many different foods are out there?! It will take forever. I don't think I will bother.

She also said he can have wheat now. She said to try the next Farex first and see how he reacts but then he can have wholemeal bread, Weetbix etc. And I can put milk on his cereal. I might wait for 9 months as I think the next Farex is 9 months plus anyway. So I'll work on dairy for this month!

She said the focus is now more on the solids and not the milk. So he needs 700-800 ml (I think) of calcium (or is it dairy?) each day. So that can come from yoghurt, cheese, milk in cooking and on cereal plus breastfeeds. So as long as Cooper gets that every day it doesn't matter where the breastfeeds fit in. I guess I have been thinking that to combat hunger I need to give BFs and I've been worrying about BFs needing to be every certain number of hours. But it doesn't really matter how long he goes between BFs, as long as he's getting that amount of calcium each day.

I'll have to start expressing 6-8 weeks before I go back to work. She said he can be down to 3 milk feeds by 11 months and I can express the lunch time one or give formula. He can't have milk in a cup until 12 months. And on the days I am at home I can give as many BFs as I like. It won't confuse Cooper.

I also asked about egg seeing that I am allergic to egg white. She confirmed that the 12 month needle does have egg (or is grown on egg white). So 2 weeks before the needle I need to try Cooper with egg yolk. Just a teaspoon mixed with milk and scrambled. Then the next week I can try the white (so basically all the egg with a little milk and scrambled). If Cooper has any reactions I have to tell the GP before he gives the needle.

Just thought I'd share all that info in case it helps anyone else.

Dustmite – All the best to you and your DW on TTC!

kmh – Sorry to hear about Charlotte's small weight gain. How many BFs is she having? You're feeding on demand aren't you? Do you think you want to try to cut back some BFs. I think if you follow a routine of sorts a baby this age can be on about 4-5 feeds in 24 hours. You could try offering solids before BFs and see if it makes a difference? It never really did with Cooper. He just got the hang of eating one day.

The photo of Charlotte in your ticker is just GORGEOUS!

carlys – Wow TTC #2! How exciting for you guys. All the best.

Hello All,

I got home from sleep school today and they have done wonders to my little girl. She is now putting her slef to sleep and sleeping through the night ( again). They gave us a routine to follow, and this has helped, it is:
    7am wake and milk feed
    7:30-7:45am- breakfast
    8:30-9- sleep
    11am- milk feed
    12- lunch
    1pm- bed
    3pm- milk feed
    4:30- cat nap
    5:30pm- dinner, bath
    7pm- milk feed
    7:30pm bed
    10:30- roll over feed.

We have been following this bed Charlotte has been having 2 long sleeps and as she wakes up around 8am. So we are down to 5 feeds in 24 hours.
    The first time we put her down to sleep it took 1 hour to get her to sleep and it was heartbreaking to listen to her get angry and upset, and then the next day it took 30 mins. When we got home it took 10 mins, yay.
    When doing CC we got told to wait 3 mins then go back in and give dummy blanket etc, then wait another 3 mins, go back in, then 5 and 5 then 10 and 10 unless they are crying heaps. Or if bubs are slowing down and winding them selfs down you are not to go in.

With the solids, I have been told she is just fussy and VERY stubborn, and to keep trying, Charlotte gets weighed in 2 weeks so we will see how she goes with her weight.

Anyway I will go personals another time, hope sleep improves for everyone soon.

HI everyone

Mads Dylan does Gymbaroo and loves it. The babies do about 25 mins on the equipment which is all fit balls, slides, a mini tramp, swings, tunnels, etc and then the rest of the time about 20 mins is specific excercises, singing, dancing and stimulation I think it is great. Next term we are going to do Mini Maestros (my mum is going to pay, yay) though and then go back to Gymbaroo in term 3. We all think Dylan is destined to become a muso as he comes from a very musical family (DH is a guitarist, his brother plays in 3 bands sings and plays bass, I sing, my brother plays piano and sax, my mum played piano and did classical ballet, my nan was a concert pianist, etc) so we want to get him interested in music as young as possible to see. I think he will be interested as he loves me singing to him and loves listening to his daddy play guitar. I htink Freya would love Gymbaroo.

Fee I hope Cooper gets through this and that it is temporary.

KMH How ace that CHarlotte is sleeping through yay, my routine is similar but I am doing only 4 breastfeeds now.

Carly and Dustmite Good luck with the TTC we are waiting til next year.

Not much going here except lots of commando crawling. We are baby proofing the place as much as we can cos Dylan is into EVERYTHING! Power cords, magazines, appliances, plugs, bookshelves, clothes horses and the list goes on. Oh and he gets bored if we stay home all day and really protests about it. Anyway must go rescue some books, LOL.

carlys Guest

OMG! POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all! well, its only two days since my period was due, but I couldnt wait another minute! ...I guess i shouldnt get too excited...its early days yet, and anything could happen... but OMG!!

Its strange, although I couldnt be happier...i look at my beautiful little girl, and wonder if I could ever love another little person as much as i love her...and i kind of feel like i have dont the wrong thing by Georgia wanting for another baby...i know its odd... but its how i feel.... its a strange mix of emotions.... Did any one else feel this way when expecting #2??

I have to go...all excited...

Carls xxoxoxoxxxx

Wow Carly what great news congratulations!

Carly - Thats Great!! Also, yes my wife was afraid of the whole more than one to love and stuff like that but in the end you realize that for every baby that comes along you end up with a little bit more love to go around. I promise it will be just fine, you will have plenty of love for every one in your family!

Carly That is great news,

You will love this baby the same, With me, I got pregnant with Charlotte when Madison was 11 months, and now its great, Madison is such a daddy's girl, and Charlotte is a real mummy's girl, so it works with us, you will be fine, Congratulations.

Cassie- I still have to do the 5 b/fs a day as Charlotte is still not taking solids, even though we are trying 3 times a day.

Well it took an hour and half to get Charlotte to sleep last night, and then i got her up to do a roll over feed and then she slept until 7:50am this morning yay, and it only took 10 mins to get her to sleep this morning yay.

Fee Guest

Hello everyone. Nice to see a few new posts!

Cooper's going okay. Still waking a bit at night. Every night is different. He's starting to eat a bit more. Back up to 4-6 tablespoons each meal. Before he was eating a lot more than that. I've tried him with full fat natural yoghurt. At first he pulled a face but now he's getting used to it – only if I mix it with pear and Farex.

kmh – Wow that's amazing about sleep school being so helpful. Seems like magic! Maybe I need to go… although I don't think I could do CC.

I wish Cooper would sleep until 7.00 am. Would make the rest of the day so much easier.

Mads – I haven't done Gymbaroo but I think it's something Cooper will love. I believe he gets bored at home easily. He loves going out. I've been taking him out a lot lately as it's just easier! Then I make sure he falls asleep on the drive home so I can transfer him to his cot! Bad habit probably but oh well.

Cassie – What is it with babies and power cords?!?! Cooper loves them too. He loves all the dangerous stuff!

carlys – OMG congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woweeee! How are you feeling?

carlys Guest

Hi there all!

Well, i did another preggo test today, as i am in denial !! So.. again, it came up positive..but the second line is quite faint...none the less it IS a second line...so I guess it means im pregnant! Nathan is off this weekend at some blokes footy training camp (drinking weekend!) so, im going to the doctor tomorrow to confirm it ... if i am...(denial)...i will be due on the 29th November...so WOW!

As far as how I am feeling...well ...excited... but i am nervous because i dont want to get my hopes up if it does not come to be.. you know...anything can happen so...i eill try to contain myself for the next few weeks at least!...im not feeling sick yet...but that usually happens to me around 12 weeks or so...so we will see!

i will try to catch up soon for personals... but meanwhile, I hope you are all well, and I hope you babies are eating and sleeping well

Carls xoxoxxxxx

Been offline for a couple of weeks....and so much has happened in here!

Carlys - CONGRATULATIONS!! How are you feeling? I must admit, we're not taking precautions either....

KMH - Sarina is also having around 5 BF a day including 1 at night and although I offer food 3 times a day, i'm lucky if she takes anything. I was getting stressed and then read a great book - My Child Won't Eat by Gonzalez (a Spanish Paediatrician) and realised that she's just not ready yet. So I just keep offering, no forcing, no flying aeroplanes and she'll take it if she wants it. She likes holding pieces of meat and toast so I figure perhaps she just wants to feed herself! Charlotte will take it when she's ready. Remember she still needs at least 600 ml breast milk a day.

Mads - I tried out Gymbaroo and personally found that I do all those activities with Sarina myself so won't be going back at the moment. There didn't seem any interaction between the babies either which is most of the reason I like group kiddies stuff.

Sarina is just getting her first tooth now but on the whole not overly bothered by it. She's crawling like a caterpillar which is cute! But also got a thing about cables, phone lines, and power cords.....

We went to a sleep seminar organised by the ABA on Friday which was excellent - discussing controlled crying and the biological and possible psychological effects of it.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

Fee Guest

Cooper slept pretty well last night. He didn't wake around 9.00 pm – YAY! I'm glad as both Mark and I were in bed by 7.45 pm!

Mark headed off to work around 2.30 am and I heard Cooper crying out at 4.00 am which is when he's been waking for the past week or so. Seeing that Mark wasn't home I left Cooper to cry a bit – he wasn't crying too loudly or anything. Anyway he fell asleep and then woke just after 5.00 am – which is his old wake up time. So I got up and fed him then. For the last 2 days he won't feed off the second side – so weird. Then we both went back to bed until 7.30 am. I fed him again then as my other boob was so full!!!

And it's been a tiring morning with Clingy Cooper (that's his new name). Crawling after me crying and stuff. I tried to give him another feed as he was so whingy but he only sucks for a few seconds and then pulls off. If I sit on the floor he crawls over and climbs into my lap but if I try to cuddle him he gets wriggly and wants to get down. I don't get it?!?!

Getting him to sleep was atrocious. The screams … OMG. The neighbours must think someone is being murdered. Seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes himself physically ill one day. That's how bad the screaming is. He starts screaming like that as soon as I lower him into the cot. There's no escalating cries. Full on screaming straight away. I've tried going in to calm him but he won't calm down. Sometimes he doesn't even calm down when I pick him up. No wonder I've been timing my outings so that he falls asleep on the way home – then I don't have to deal with it. Anyway I finally got him to sleep.

carlys – How did you go at the GP?

RoyaUK – Nice to see you again! Oh I just wanted to let you know that I finally got the tray for the IKEA highchair!!! Yay!

That sleep seminar sounded really good. How did you hear about it? Are you an ABA member?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast