Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #7

Fee Guest

Cooper had a bad night on Saturday night. We went to Mark's parents for dinner and we gave Cooper his dinner and bath there as well. We tried to put him to sleep in the portacot at his usually 6.00 pm time. He hadn't slept since 12.30 pm that day so should have been tired. But he screamed and screamed. Plus it was so hot in the room he was in. Dinner was being served so we ended up bringing him out to the deck while we had dinner. He just sat in his highchair and watched us eat. He was actually pretty good. He yawned at times and rubbed his eyes but overall was pretty happy, clapping away and looking at the candles and fairy lights etc. So he stayed awake until 8.00 pm!!! He fell asleep pretty much the second we pulled out of their driveway to go home.

But then he woke at 11.30 pm doing his screaming thing. Mark couldn't calm him and even I had trouble. We can be cuddling him and he still screams. I ended up feeding him. I'm starting to think maybe he is actually hungry?!?! I decided then that if he keeps doing this then I'm just going to feed him straight away instead of trying to re-settle him. Although I just don't know how to tell if he is actually hungry or if it's just that the breastfeed soothes him and calms him down. We are going to buy a night light to see if that helps at all.

I took Cooper to the doctor yesterday just to rule out the possibility of an ear infection. He's fine. I was just a little worried as he's all raspy and husky in his voice. Doctor said it's probably from crying/screaming so much. Poor Cooper I feel terrible. Maybe he has been hungry and I've been trying to re-settle him for up to 1 hour when he's starving - poor little thing. Who knows. I'm so confused.

He's still husky today. Poor little man. But guess what?! He actually slept well last night like normal. From 6.30 pm to 5.00 am without a peep. And then after the 5.00 am feed we both slept a bit more until 6.30 am. I hope he's back to normal for good.

I wrote a bit post about his screaming fits in the General Baby Discussion. I have been so worried about it.

Anyway aside from sleeping he's doing well. Pulling himself up to standing on some things now! Babbling a lot but not many words. He hasn't hasn't said "mama" or "baba" again and he's never said "dada". Although it sounded like he made the "da" sound yesterday. He claps all the time now. Very funny. And he's getting much faster at crawling.

carlys Well Cooper's ears are fine. He's totally healthy so that's good to know. I hope Georgia is nearly 100% better.

kmh Cooper usually has 3 cubes of fruit and some Farex Mixed Cereal (6 month one) for breakfast. One day I tried rolled oats and he seemed to like that too.

As for naps. Sometimes 3 per day and sometimes 2. Depends what time he wakes up. Cooper doesn't really have any routine. Every day is different! Some days he has short naps and other days they are long. He's all over the shop!

Hi girls

How are we all? Dylan and I are good and have been quite busy what with Mothers group, Gymbaroo, house renos, etc. It is very hard to find time for me in amongst all this stuff.

Dylan is commando crawling and getting quite good at it too and we need to watch him all the time. He is saying mama, dada, baba, nana, rara and has said a baby version of hello to us a couple of times. He is trying to clap but just puts his hands together and looks very rpud of himself. He is also doing this mexican wave type of thing where he throws his arms up in the air and we say hooray and he will do it over and over and just grins when we say hooray.

He is still not sleeping through and is still feeding once overnight and some nights wakes all night, sigh! We usually get up around 7 ish and he goes down about 7 ish but has wake ups during the night.

Oh I wanted to do personals but bubs has just woken up. Bye bye all hope everyone is good.

Cassie - I've been thinking about taking Danielle to Gymbaroo. Is it good?

Fee - Danielle's pulling herself up onto everything too. She did it on my auntie's couch yesterday and today she pulled herself up on her play pen at work here. She loves walking around holding our hands too. Sounds like Cooper is going thru what Danielle was not sleeping thru and waking and screaming for no reason. She finally grew out of it - I'm sure Cooper will too. I want Danielle to start clapping hands so Ken and I do it with her all the time now. I'm putting down Danielle's first word as 'dada'. Now I'm starting on saying 'mama' heaps now. Thanks for the baby food ideas. Danielle loved the Potato and Spinach Mash but I've added a bit of cottage cheese in it, the apple and chicken (she has a bit of these for dinner) and the beef stew but I've adde extra vegies corn and peas.

Kel - Danielle is having weetbix for breakfast and if she wants afterwards she has some fruit. Today is banana which she's feeding hersel and loving it!! As for sleeps she only has 2 sleeps a day normally ranging from 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours at a time but her night sleep is from 8pm to 7am without waking so I can't really complain. And wet nappies - every change it's wet,

Carlys - I tried the olive oil but it didn't really work. I tried the other night just leaving some shampoo on whilst she was sitting in the bath, washed it off and then combed her head gently and it removed heaps so I'll keep doing that. I hope her ear infection is getting better.

Danielle had her 8 month checkup on Friday. She's now -
    8.8kg
    71cm long
    44cm head
    She's sitting on the 75th percentile for head and length and just under for weight - one big girl!! The MCHN also said I can start giving her other things to eat like baked beans (great lunch idea with a piece of bread - also helps with poos - sorry!!), cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, normal cheese, sandwiches (she loves vegemite sandwiches), adult yoghurt, weetbix for breakie - pretty much everything except cow's milk. She also said that she's excelling in her development and don't be surprised if she's walking at 10 months - eekk!! She loved feeding herself. On Sunday while we were out I gave her fingers of a vegemite sandwich and she ate almost 2 sliced of bread all by herself. She loves eating grapes, banana and everything with her fingers. On the weekend I'm going to cook some vegies and small pieces of meat and let her feed herself and see how she goes. She loves food. This morning she ate 1 weetbix and 1 banana - lunch is baked beans and a sandwich and dinner is the spinach mash with chicken and apple. I could even eat it all - sounds yum to me.

Better run - haven't done much work yet. Danielle's rolling around in her play pen quietly so I better do something. Have a great day!!

Mads - I use formula for Danielle's breakfast. She's been a formula baby most of her life - I had a lot of trouble BF and she rejected the breast after getting a bottle. Tried EBM for ages but gradually I dried up. I wanted to BF her longer but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If you can you could use breastmilk or you could use just cooled boiled water and just add a little fruit just so it doesn't taste so cardboardy. I'm wondering if you could use soy milk? I'm not sure - maybe something we can investigate.

Hi All,

I got Charlotte weighed this morning, a BIG gain of 130 grams for the week, yay, if it was any less them 100 grams we were off to see the pead, So now at 7 months and 3 weeks she weighs 7.050, still so little, but she is going to be little I think. We now just have to get weighed once a week for a month, to see what she is doing. I think she gained heaps as she is waking heaps again over night, grrrrrr, but we are off to sleep school next tuesday, so hopefully I will be able to get some more sleep after then.

Bubs- I actually made my own breakfast for Charlotte with some bananas and oats and then mixed with farex and she likes this, it actually is really nice. Wow Danielle eats heaps, I think Madison ate that much too, but I really can not remember as it was a little while ago.

Mads- How is Freya sleeping now that she is in her own room, I bet you are sleeping a bit better too.

OH man, I came home from school today and Heidi told me to watch Corban. The little bugger took off crawling. Like the rest of you with a mobil little one, we are having to create blockades to deal with this. We had to block of the electronics (vcr/DSS reciever, etc) because he goes for that. On top of missing his first crawl, he is determined to say "mama" not "dada". Oh well!

Fee Guest

Hi all

Well it seems Cooper is going back to normal at night and is sleeping through until 5.00 am. We then both go back to bed until around 7.00 am. We're starting to move to 4 hourly breastfeeds (4 times a day) and 2 naps. I'm finding that Sleep/Feed/Play no longer works for us it just doesn't time out right. I still find 4 BFs and 3 solids hard to juggle. I think once we're down to 3 BFs it will be a lot easier.

We don't have a routine as such though I sort of just follow Cooper's lead and watch the clock a little. So every day is different. Yesterday he had a big nap from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm but today that nap was only 10.00 am to 11.00 am.

Do you guys follow a strict routine, loose routine (sort of created by baby) or absolutely nothing? Are some of you demanding feeding? How many BFs to you give a day?

Cooper is still having trouble self-settling but not all the time. I think this is why it's so frustrating for me. Because I know he can do it! Like for this morning's nap he went to sleep easily. Sat up in his cot and played around a bit but then lay down and went to sleep. But just now he has screamed and screamed I had to go in numerous times and then pat him to sleep. I am sure he was tired I saw tired signs and also he'd been awake for over 3.5 hours.

Guess what I'm doing on Friday? Meeting up with some BB mums and babies! No one from our July group is from Brisbane are they??? Bummer.

Cassie Dylan is very clever saying all those words! Cooper babbles heaps and has said two words but he hasn't said them that many times. So he just babbles a lot. That's it!

Bubseykel OMG Danielle eats such grown up food! Cooper is still just eating vegie mashes, fruit mashes and some beef (he tried chicken and didn't seem to like it much). The only finger food I have given him is banana. Oh and a bit of cucumber. I still want to break of small bits and give it to him though. I'm scared he'll bite off too big a chunk! I hate when he gags. It's scary. I'm going to introduce yoghurt soon. At Cooper's 7 month check up at the clinic I asked the MCHN about cheese and she said Cooper was too young. So confusing, as a book I have says dairy from 7 months is okay. Anyway I'll probably start it all from 8 months. I'm also not sure about wheat as I have read conflicting stuff on this too 7 months, 8 months, 9 months, 10 months and the WHO says 12 months! Crazy.

Mads Sounds like your house is all nice and organised now. Well done! Cooper's voice is sounding sort of normal again, thank goodness.

kmh Yay for Charlotte's weight gain. You must be so relieved.

Dustmite Go Corban go!!! I bet he's into everything now. Cooper loves the bathroom and always wants to stick his fingers down the drain hole in the floor. So now we keep that door shut.

Fee- If I was in Brisbane I would love to come and meet you and Cooper, but sorry, unless one day we go to Queensland or you come down here, we will just have to keep chating on BB.

Also I still demand feed, and sometimes she will go 4 hours but sometimes she still needs a feed to fall asleep, and I still follow Charlotte in what she wants, but I guess that will change next week as we are going to sleep school.

Mads - I don't mind. most of all its neat to watch him progress and be mobile. Besides, we need to get used to it so we are ready for the next one when it's time for another...LOL! Although I still think the little bugger should be saying "dada". He is a good baby and a lot of fun!

Fraser Guest

Hey Ladies and Man,

not a lot going on here - Charlie is still pushing some massive top teeth out - he sits himself up in his cot now - very strange! I'm going to have to lower the mattress bit so he doesn't topple out!

Sleep seems to be heading in the right direction - but I'm sitting on a wooden chair with my feet on a wooden floor and touching a wooden table - so pretty much have the 'touch wood' covered.......

swimming lessons are going well - although this weekend is the face under water lesson - I may have to go outside for that bit - the parents are supposed to look happy and excited all the time - so the look of horror on my face as he springs back out of the water may be detrimental to the process!

Fee - Charlie is a bit like that with day time sleeps - happy to go once but then the next time will kick up a fuss - even though he has exhibited all the same sleepy signs - I end up having to get him back up again for a while and try again 1/2 an hour later - doesn't always work though. Have fun at your meet up!

Mads - wow you have been busy around the house and it isn't even spring! The babbling talk is cute isn't it - especially when they don't realise you're watching them - and they're just chattering away to themselves!

Kel - yaay for Charlotte and the weight! Good luck with the sleep school - I will be very interested to hear how it goes

Carly coc (hehehehe) - I wouldn't worry too much about Georgia not speaking - my neice is a bit of a quiet one - but she's just taking it all in - she doesn't move much so I reckon one day she'll just stand up and walk and say something like 'Mummy can I have something to eat please' and blow us all away!

Bubs - I really really want to move Charlie along with his food - you're so good at it! we have progressed to big chunks of roast beef - he loves to chew and suck on them for ages - it's a bit gross though - I spend hours pixking up little bits of meat from the floor and all over his highchair (thanks god I didn't get the cloth one.....)

Cassie - Dylan sounds sooooo Cute! I can just imgaine the commando role! what a clever boy! Charlie will only clap if you hold both his arms and bang them together!

Dustmite - yaay for Corban crawling - its funny I really want Charlie to crawl - but then I want him to not crawl anymore!

must run - the monkey is mkaing some funny noises from the bedroom - I think he might be trying to escape from the cot!

Hello to anyone I have missed!

Em

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Dustmite - yaay for Corban crawling - its funny I really want Charlie to crawl - but then I want him to not crawl anymore!
    So very true. Today he kept trying to get into stuff, I had to keep taking things away or move him away. I amagine as he gets more proficient then I will have the same desire as well.

Dustmite- yay for Corban, what a cleaver boy, its fun when they start to crawl, Charlotte is nearly there.

Em- I will let you know how the sleep school goes I am looking forward to learning some new techniqes.

I made my own ceral for Charlotte, it is :
    1/2 tablespoon of oats ( i used 1 tablespoon)
    1 small banana ( I used a large one)
    150 mls of water
    Bring to the boil all ingredients and let it simmer for 5 mins.
    I them nixed it with some rice ceral and Charlotte loves it.

Charlotte is slowing starting to get around looks so funny she pushs up on her legs and moves like that, its very cute.

carlys Guest

Hi Ladies and man!

Well Georgie had her first day at playgroup yesterday!! Yay! She has such a great time... was sooo cute when she met her first friend...they just smiled at eachother, she smiled, looked at me, smiled and looked at me again, as if to say "see mum, see the other little person?" she was so cute! It was nice to chat to some mummies that are, and have been going through the same issues...and sadly some are still going through even with two year olds!!...also was nice to meet mums who are all organic and fresh food eaters (and makers) like me, so we could compare recipes and food ideas too... and of course there are mums whos children have always been difficult feeders, and nothing but the canned variety of food will be eaten by their little cherubs! All in all it was a good day.. i recommend it to anyone wanting some type of social activity for their babies

anyway, Im tired (its 2:29am) just fed Georgia ... hope this stops soon... but her dummy just doesnt seem to cut it...she wakes for at least one feed in the night.... and had NEVER slept through.....oh, maybe once.....anyway... bye bye, im off to bed

Carls xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Fraser Guest

hey what do you guys think about letting your bub fall asleep with the dummy in their mouth? Charlie keeps rolling onto his tummy with the dummy in his mouth and it sort of gets wedged in there by the mattress - do you think this is bad?

carlys Guest

Fraser - no i dont think thats bad at all... Georgia has slept with a dummy since a few weeks after she was born..and shes also a tummy sleeper.....i notice that when she is sound asleep she half spits it out anyway so if i notice that, i gently take it out and put it next to her hand in her cot, so if she wakes she can put it back in...it seems to be working, she must have found it last night because she settled herself after a little grizzle...she found her dummy and put it back in! clever little thing ...so i wouldnt worry about it.. I think our bubs are old enough now to move if something is compromising their ability to breathe...

Carls xoxox

Hi everyone

We are good. My DH is in Sorrento doing more stuff at our house down there he has hired a huge skip to fill with rubbish and will have to do it again next week. I feel so sorry for him but he said the nicest thing as he was leaving yesterday which was "I am doing it all for our future" which is the truth because when the house is renovated and rented out we can buy our own home as my mum is going to go halves with us in a house which we will live in so I can't wait for that. It will mean Dylan can have his own room, (yes he is still in with us, hmmmmmm!) and we will have more room yay.

Fraser I let Dylan sleep with the dummy in and he sometimes sleeps on his tummy. I guess as long as it is the right size for his age.

Carly It is so cute when they acknowledge other babies and children. Dylan spent a bit of time looking at my friends newborn the other day but then decided he was not all that interested, LOL.

Fraser and Dustmite I was the same with Dylan I really wanted him to be more mobile and now that he is I am having to constantly watch him as he is into everything the power cords, any little thing on the floor, the clothes, magazines, clothes horse, and the list goes on.

Fee We have a loosish routine which goes like this:
    7 (whatever time Dylan wakes) Wake up and boobie feed then floor play
    7.30 Solids (baby porridge or weetbix with fruit or raisin toast)
    9.30ish Sleep (usually only 45 mins)
    10.15ish Wake and play more floor time or music
    11ish Lunch (cheesy vegies or sandwich plus fruit and/or cruskits or rusk) Then more play
    11.30 Boobie juice
    1ish Nap (hope for 1 and a half hours
    2.30 Play and offer water in a cup (have dropped this feed)
    4 Sometimes anothe 45min nap
    5.30 Dinner (chicken casserole or baby bolognaise or lentil mush or fish lyonnaise plus fruit or custard
    6 Bath
    6.30 Bottle of formula
    7 Bed
    2am Boobie feed
    The times all depend on his naps and what we are doing on the day.

Anyway bubs is now awake so must go, byeee!

Hi all,

Em- Charlotte will go to sleep with her dummy and it will drop out pretty much when she is a deep sleep, but during the day, she mostly has it, ( mayby she does not really go into a deep sleep.)

Cassie- wow you are good with Dylans food, Charlotte is still on vegies for dinner, fruit for lunch and I do make my own breakfast for her, which is banana oats and farex.

Have not been doing to much, just staying at home lately, getting very boring, I have just been cooking up some foods for Charlotte, and just making dinner for madison and me as tim is at work. Charlotte has decided that she is not tired today and has had one sleep at luch time for almost 2 1/2 hours, grrrr, hopefully she will go to sleep early around 6:30. The problem is that she is up heaps at night so she sleeps into 8:30-9am. Next week will be a big change for the little girl, oh sleep school, routines, hopefully more sleep yay.

Fee Guest

I had a nice time meeting some BB mums today. I met Mummy Mel, Kitty33, Flea and AliVB plus all the kiddies.

Check out these videos of Cooper!
    Cooper clapping: http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...3March2007.flv
    Cooper standing up: http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...3March2007.flv

Well the whole 4 breastfeeds and 2 naps seems to be working okay. I'm trying to get something going for when I go back to work in June and I hope to be down to 3 breastfeeds by then. Cooper's eating a lot more now too. He ate 10 cubes for lunch and 8 cubes for dinner today! A new record! I'm still yet to try a lot of lumpy things and finger food. Will do so soon now that we finally got the tray for his IKEA highchair. I give him chunks of banana and pear. That's about it so far. Also his food is more a mashed up thing now not purees.

Thanks everyone for the info about "routines". Cooper's sort of goes like this (can vary of course):

5.00 am - Wake, BF and back to bed
    7.00 am - Wake
    7.30 am - Breakfast
    9.00 am - BF
    10.00 am - Sleep (1-2 hours)
    12.00 pm - Lunch
    1.00 pm - BF
    2.30 pm - Sleep
    5.00 pm - Dinner
    5.30 pm - Bath
    6.00 pm - BF, story and bed

kmh I hope sleep school goes well next week. Is it a week long thing or a 1 night thing?

That cereal you make sounds nice. Cooper likes oats too.

Mads How's Freya going?

Fraser Oh you should definitely lower the cot base! Next thing Charlie will be pulling himself to standing! I find it annoying now that Cooper can sit himself up. It's so hard to settle him to sleep at times. He just wants to sit up in bed!

carlys Glad to hear you both had a lovely time at playgroup. How often will you go?

Cassie Cooper loves power cords too. I have to watch him closely!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast