Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006 #7

Hi all
    Well things are getting better here with sleeping, Saturday night was as a loss, but we had to go out so Charlotte was up till 10:30pm so she was up most of the night, and then last night (sunday) It took 20 mins to get her to sleep, and she woke up for her dummy at 12:15am and then she woke up at 7:45am yay, and today she has slept well.

Charlotte is still not eating solids, but I am trying not to let that get to me, She is happy to just suck on things i give to her, so we do that, but she is really not taking much, even though I have droped her b/f's. We go to the health centre next week,hopefully she has gained enough.

Fee- What does Mark do for a job that he needs to leave so early in the morning? My boobs have been so full lately as we have dropped feeds, I can feel them now, I should problery pump a little. Charlotte is doing the same with the : I want mummy", its hard to leave her even to go to the toilet, she just cry's everytime I walk out. I hope the sleeps gets better for you soon.

Royauk. Just a question for you, with Sarina not eating solids, she still gaining enough weight? As Charlotte is not, some weeks its good, but most weeks it is not, Like last week she gainid 30 grams in 5 days.

Carls- How are you feeling?

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmh View Post
    Fee- What does Mark do for a job that he needs to leave so early in the morning?
    I don't think I mentioned it ... but Mark has started a new job. It's his second week. He is working for a major food and beverage company as a Company Service Rep. Mondays are an early start as he has to go around to certain supermarkets to do the "ends" (of aisles) - that is, with the catalogue specials for the week. So stock up the products and put up signs etc. It all has to be done before the supermarkets open on Monday morning. The rest of the week is just normal hours but most of the work is out and about on the road and in stores. A bit of sales work too.

He has a company car (well tool-of-trade car) which is great so now I have our one car all to myself!

He is enjoying it so far. It's just an entry level job but there should be many options to move up in the company which is what he wants.

Hi everyone,

Hi my name is Katie. I have a beautiful baby girl born 14/7/06 she weighs in at 9kg and is 75cm long.(tall girl) she has 2 teeth and is commando crawling. I also have a spunky son who is 4 and attending pre school. My daughter loves her food and pretty much eats everything. She loves spinach in her veggies. She started eating biscuits last week and is hooked on scotch fingers.

Fraser Guest

hey guys, just dropping in quickly

OHMIGOD CARLY!!!!!! That is fantastic news!!! yaay for you!

hey to everyone - will be back to do some more personals - Charlie is crawling - mainly commando but he moves pretty quickly - still not sleeping through though.

welcome to the group Katie - you'll love it here, a bunch of awesome helpful and insightful women!

Speak soon, Em

Fee- Sounds like Mark has a good job, Tim is a bottleshop Manager, and he likes dealing with his reps, He is lucky to get a job doing that, A friend of Tims went for a job doing something like that and over 300 people went for it.

Hello Katie.

Charlotte went down in 15 mins tonight yay, its getting better every day.

Fee Guest

Cooper slept from 7.00 pm to 5.00 am last night. Yahoo!!!!!!! I did hear him cry around 9.30 pm but it wasn't much and he fell asleep again. Fingers crossed he's back to normal.

Cooper went to sleep in about 3 minutes for his morning nap - I didn't have to do anything! OMG! I did put him in his sleeping bag for a change. Maybe that's the trick? Although I know there have been times where he has been in it and not self-settled. Anyway I'm so glad.

He's been self-settling for bed time like the old days ... which I love. It's the day time naps which have been atrocious. So I was very surprised at him going to sleep so well this morning. He's still asleep now - nearly 1.5 hours.

Welcome to the group Katie. I'm sure you'll love chatting here.

kmh - Well 300 people didn't go for this job but I was still impressed at how well Mark did. I think about 70 people applied and they interviewed about 10. Then he made it to the final 2 and then of course got the job. Was quite a process! 2 hour interview with role playing etc. Scary!

Fraser - Yay for Charlie commando crawling!

carlys Guest

Hi All!

Went to the GP yesterday to confirm my pregnancy..YAY!!! Its all good... so here we go again!!!! I am about to ring to book in at the hospital for my booking appointment, and ring to book all my ultrasounds and bloods etc... Yippee! Im still in total shock about it all really... we had only been trying for one month...and i sort of expected it to take a few at least... so there will only be a 15 month gap between Georgia and this one! Oh dear, i might end up in a mental hospital!... Its so surreal... but its great...i guess it will seem more real after the booking appointment ...I hope Georgia copes okay with another bubs around...i dread the thought of hurting the feelings of my precious little girl... i love her sooo much, its hard to imagine being able to love like that again... but i guess these feelings are normal...

So far I feel great... no sickness yet...

Oh guys, I am so sorry for rambling on about myself so much... im just sooo excited i always do that and then never have time to catch up with personals.. I promise i will next time!

Oh, and do you think I should join an expecting mums forum, or stay on this one? I dont think I will have time for two!

Carls xoxoxxxx

Carlys - don't leave us! (for another forum) Just subscribe to both and flick between them to make it quicker moving around posts.

Katie - welcome to the group.

KMH - I don't know about Sarina's weight gain. She was 8.17 kg at 8 months (3 weeks ago) and about the 50th percentile. Her demeanour is happy and content so i must admit i've not thought about her weight gain - rather her moods. Today she didn't take any food at all all day until 6.50pm . Just before I was putting her down, i saw her eat her foot so thought i'd offer again.....and she ate a tablespoon of chicken & veggies!

Fee - Sarina is doing the same thing - only wanting one boob per meal session. Only started a couple of days ago. So not only is she pushing away food, now she's pushing away a boob! I figure she's just getting more efficient?

Yes, I'm an ABA subscriber and have just been invited to train as a counsellor too which i'm really excited about.

I met a lady in the park this afternoon struggling with a 2 month old baby - doesn't it seem like a lifetime ago?

Fee Guest

Cooper slept right through until 5.00 am without stirring. But then he wouldn't go back to sleep!!! I fed him at 5.00 am and he only had one side – bugger. Then he went back in his cot no worries. But when I went back to bed I could hear him talking to himself etc. He did that the other day but eventually went to sleep. But after about 30 minutes he started getting crabby. By nearly 6.00 am I had to get up to him again. I tried to feed him as I was so full but he only sucked for a minute. I put him back in the cot again and it seemed he was going to go back to sleep. But no. So I tried to feed him again and he finally drank a fair bit and I was no longer lopsided!!!

So now it's 8.00 am and he's fast asleep … so his naps are going to be all out of whack today. Hmmm we'll see how the day pans out.

He's soooooo fussy with feeding lately. Pops on and off the boob. Often just after let-down. So annoying. I hope he's getting enough. And he's still fussy with food again. He's so whingy (as I've complained about so much). But he's even whingy at meal times sitting in his high chair. I wish he could talk to me.

Roya - I'm not liking this "one boob" thing. I am lopsided! And it SUCKS in the morning as I've gone all night and am extremely full.

Wow about training to be an ABA counseller? How did you get into that? Do you just say you want to be one?

Carly - Don't leave us!!! Well not completely. We want to hear how you're going.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hi ladies Carlys - congratulations !

welcome Katie

Fee - hope Cooper gets back to workable routine for you.

Cassie - I would love to take boys to Gymbaroo - used tot kae DS - but I think you need an adult per child.

I don't get enough time in here sorry.

I can relate to all the happenings here ...

Joel is commando crawling and Sam still rocking round the clock and stretching to reach.

Joel eats everything and cries for more.Now he can crawl he crawls to highchair and cries on the floor there - tellingme he is hungry LOL.

Thanks for that info Roya Sam eats pretty much nothing - barely a 1/4 spoonful gets in most days.He does chew and spit out toast and bread though.

Both my boys have only ever had one side each - Sam will sometimes have a suck on both after Joel is finished or 30 mins later.Even with Joel on solids - Sam was still putting on weight about 50gms difference in a month.

Neither sleep through but to be expected demand BF ing The ABA says.

They are just staying to play kind of together and pull toys off each other - very cute.Sam already takes Joel's dummy but he doesn't suck one much - chews it and plays with it.Smiles when Joel screams.

We go to a twin playgroup too and they love it.

We are battling sleep issues but think we turned a corner the last few nights.

I hope all these little darlings start to let mummy & daddy sleep longer.

Hi all

I think I must be pretty lucky. My little girl sleeps from 8.30pm to 8am without stirring. She has 2 sleeps during the day which last 1 - 2 hours each time. I hope all who are having sleep issues get some solid sleep soon

Hi all,

Well we got a full night sleep last night, yay I put Charlotte down at 7:30 and she took a little while to get to sleep, I gave her a roll over feed and she woke at 7:30am yay, Its so nice to have some sleep again. She also is have=ibng two big sleeps during the day.

Fee- I bet you feel better now you have had some more slep.

I better be off, Charlotte has woken up after 40 mins of sleep, so I will try and get her back to sleep.

carlys Guest

Hi again all!!

Katie - Welcome to our forum - sorry for the delayed welcome! You will enjoy it here, a great bunch of ladies (and man!)

KMH - Yay for Charlotte sleeping thru! Georgia did that too last night, oh its so nice to have a big sleep!!! especially after a few un settled nights in a row! How will I cope with two!?? eeek!??

Spunkymonkies- You are so lucky your bubs sleeps thru! Good on you! Whats your secret??

BabyAmore - How cute that Joel crawls to the high chair to tell yo hes hungry!! And it would be so nice to see them playing together (stealing dummies and smiling !!) I hope Georgia gets on well with our new bubby when it arrives

Royauk- WOW, thats really great about becoming an ABA councillor! That would be fantastic! And my word, it does seem a long time since Georgia was two months old... however the nights seem longer now than they did then... I think I was in a blank mind space for the first 3 months anyway...seems hard to remember anything!

Fee- I know the feeling about bubs sleeping thru until 5am, then wanting to get up to play... not fun for us huh! Just think of me at 5am when i am sitting on the couch all blearry eyed wondering if I can manage controlled crying at that hour...or maybe i should just sit there all half asleep...!! FUN!!

Also hello to anyone Ive missed!!!

Well, we just bought a home gym, you know the five station ones and a recumbent exercise bike... the ones that have the back support... so I can cycle whilst im preggers, and do some light arm and leg weights...im terrified, i only had 3.5kgs to lose until i was back to my pre-Georgia weight... now im having another one!! I dont want to be landed with 7kgs over weight at the end of this pregnancy

Did anyone else do that kind of think when preggers...?? When I was pregnant with Georgia, my 'old fashioned' ob recommended that I dont do ANY exercise...he was very odd..

Hope you are all well and rested!

Carls xoxoxxxx

Hi

Carly: I know where your coming from about putting weight on top of weight I was terrified as well I worked out really hard to get down to my pre pregnancy weight after having my first one. There was no way I was having another baby unless I got under 60kgs. Well like I said a bit of hard work and I did it I then fell pregnant with number 2 and did well at keeping my weigh gain to a minimum (YOGA). Now number 2 is 8 months old and I have to lose about 5 kgs to get back to pre pregnancy weight. I am working out 30 mins everyday and do 100 crunches each morning but I can't manage to shake the weight. I thinking of buying my husband a weight station for his birthday so I can use it too. LOL

I don't really have a secret to my baby girl sleeping through the night. When she was about 2 months I got jack of getting up to feed her and she would only drink 50mls of her bottle so I introduced the dummy and when she woke up I would give it to her and back to sleep she would go. She did really well like this and by 2 and half months she didn't wake at all. We moved cities and she didn't even change her routine at all. She went into her own room at 3 months and has been on this routine since then. My son was also a good sleeper. He started to sleep through the night at 3 months and has been a great sleeper every since. He is now 4 years old. Like I said I think I am just really lucky.

Hi all

Well I just got back from my G.P and my MCHN as Charlotte has lost weight this week, she lost 55 grams in 10 days So i have to go back to demand feeding her as that was the only way I can get her to gain weight, So now we aer booked into see a pead on the 24th of April. Hopefully they can give us some advice on what to do, otherwise my HN was saying there is a program at the Childrens for children that wont eat.

Anyway I will be back laster to do personals, this house is not going to clean its self.

Hi everyone

I have an afternoon off yay as DH has taken Dylan to his parents place for the afternoon and I am going to have a nap. Dylan has slept through twice this week which is amazing so I am hoping it is going to start happening a bit more. He is still enjoying his food and is gaining weight is still in the 15th percentile for weight I think he will just be a lean man like his daddy. I have been trying to lose weight and have lost 4 kgs so far but have 7 to go before I get to my pre-pregnancy weight and then another 10 to go before I get to my goal weight, I too would like to be a lot slimmer before we TTC with our next one. When I got pregnant I was dieting as I was a bit overweight and I had lost 2 kgs then and then got pregnant anf then I put on 18kgs with Dylan so I have a lot of work to do. I am going back to work at the end of May and have Dylan on a waiting list for child care but they have told me there will be a place in about 8 weeks which will be ideal. I am hoping to have him in care for 2 days and then my MIL will have him for one day per week I am going back 3 days a week. Dylan is still commando crawling and is quite good at it I hope he crawls properly though but if he doesn't well at least he is less frustrated as he is now able to get places by himself.

Anyway must go have my nap now while I can, byeeeee!

Katie - not sure if I already said welcome or not, sorry if I have not, but Welcome from me as well. I am starting to forget what I have and have not done/read....and thats not just with the forums either. I am losing my mind in general as of late. LOL

I saw some discussion about one breast being favored over another and I have to say my wife has the same problem. She actually has one nipple that is not quite right I guess (not that it is really visual, but does cause minor irritation for BF). The children have all favored one side over the other and that has always caused some frustration by Heidi. With the girls she didn't even fight it, both girls took to one and one only. With Corban she started trying to prepare her nipple in advance and has continued to alternate him. He has done well, but still there is a preference for one side over the other. As a result she too is usually lopsided and sometimes very evident.

Fee Guest

Just a quick post from me. I should be in bed (it's 10.00 pm).

Cooper slept well last night --- from 6.30 pm until 5.30 am ... half an hour longer than normal. He's still a bit messed up with sleep though. He slept through until 5.00 am for 2 nights and I thought he was back to normal but the next night he woke at 11.30 pm for re-settling. Who knows.

Still fussy eating. Especially at dinner. I want my good eater back! Tonight he cracked a huge tantrum and went bright red and bucked so hard to get out of the highchair. But then he sat on Mark's lap and scoffed down fruit and yoghurt. I think he's become fussy with vegies!!! Oh no! Moreso at dinner though. Oh dear. What do I do?!

BFing was okay today. Took both sides but still fussy. Pulling off at let-down etc - milk goes everywhere. So messy. Pops on and off, on and off. I think he's just easily distracted at the moment.

Aggghhh!

Still clingy and whingy. I hope he's not sick. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now but no sign of teeth (I thought he might be teething). And I know he doesn't have any ear infection. Someone else suggested to me, maybe an UTI? Gosh, I hope not.

And just a quick post to KMH - a friend of mine is having the same weight issues with her DS. She had to see the Paed about weight loss. Her little man has lost a bit of weight and is now 7.9 kgs at 10.5 months. But the Paed didn't seem too concerned.

Apparently it is not uncommon for parents to have lots of trouble getting their babies to eat once they have realised that they can move more. They are just more interested in being mobile than they are in eating.

So I think being active can make bubs keep the weight gain down. Also babies can become fussy with their solids at this age (just check out Cooper's eating habits lately!).

Is Charlotte on the move a lot now?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast