Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2006

Danielle had a weigh in today. She's put on 120gms since Friday which is good. She's been feeding heaps over the last 2 days so hopefully she's going in the right direction now.

Nothing else really to report. I'm off now for a sleep as she's sleeping and had a bit of a horrible night.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

that is great news about Danielle's weight gain and feeding well.

My boys have gained weight too ... I was a little worried about Samuel becasue b/f can't tell what they are getting.

Hi Baiza and Bailee ... that is great news they found out he had the cord around neck before VBAc - how are you recovering from c/s ?

Tanya- have you tried 'hug a bub' or sling so you at least eat breakfast - you sound like you are doing it tough but a very devoted mummy.But you do need to look after yourself and eat well.You are doing a fantastic job by the sound of it.

Did you get any home visits from ECN - a trip there might be worth while if not ... they are definately best source of all advice and weigh Lucas too.

You can clean eyes with cooled boiled water or special saline from chemist and cotton balls. Joel had sticky eyes for days.

I am still bleeding (lighter brown only now) and I am over 3 wks -can last for 6wks. Normal but also ask community nurse too for advice. AF might not return for a few months if you are exclusively b/feeding.

They gave me brochures and stuff today about,PND, settling techniques and what to do with babies at what age... how long they should sleep/wake/play .. pity they can't read yet !

sleep deprivation is hard in first months as babies get circadian rhythm.

Tanya - you have a mothers instinct already
    - age 1-4 wks
    sleep 16.5 hrs awake between feeds - 1hr time in bed 2-3 hrs
    play - talking /faces/singing - I am going to try reading (when i get minute )

I will try to scan it into my work computer and send you a copy if you like.

Fraser Guest

Hey ladies,

time for me to migrate into this thread.

Came home yesterday - am absolutely buggered. DH and I took turns with him last night - Simon's shift was from 8.30 - til 1.30 - and he was fine - then on my shift he woke every half an hour and needed to be changed every two minutes!!!

Is anyone else finding that you are changing your bubs clothes heaps and heaps because they get soaked? I have tried heaps of different ways to put the nappy on thinking I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Simon has had to go out to buy more gro suits beacuse we've run out of clean ones - and with the extensions till going I don't have a laundry so have to hand wash in the sink!!

not sure if my details are up on the front screen yet - will update you all later on the stats - birth story is half way through being written.

congrats to all of us in here - not long to go before the others come across.

have noticed that all the July babies are incredibly good looking..... coincidence or just a month for good looking babies.... who knows!

Keep well all.

Em

Bubs are you ok? flick me an e-mail if you need to vent, you sound frazzled.

hey kelly onec i was up and moving around on day 2 in hospital i felt like i didnt have a c/section and when i got home i felt even better my family can belive how well i take the c/section i was even cleaning the day i came home i drove my car right away so basically got straght back to the way i was befor i had bailee
    bailee is doing really well he is a b/f babie and most od the day he is awake with some sleeping time but at night i only get woken up at 1230am and 4am then not until 10am hopefully soon i wont have to get up at 4m for that feed his sister was the same by the time she was three weeks old she slept from 11pm to 7am so i hope bailee dose the same
    hey tanya how are you sounds like lucus is doin good and thats great to here

well ill chat soon to you all

Tanya – I’m still bleeding too but only like a brown colour now and not really enough to wear a pad but too much for just a liner. If you’re concerned, take yourself and Lucas to the doctors.

Hi Em!! I’m OK – getting there slowly like the rest of you guys. I only need to change Danielle’s clothes twice a day – In the morning and at night after her bath. Are you using disposables or cloth nappies? I find I’m getting more leaks from disposables than the cloth nappies that I bought from Baby Beehinds. They are great!! I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it. How are you coping with everything now?

Danielle’s patterns have changes again. She was sleeping 4 hours and over but last night every 2 - 3 hours she wanted a feed. She had so much last night before bed so surely she’s going to be putting weight on again. I don’t have too much of a problem with Danielle until about 5pm. She seems to go into terror mode. She mainly sleeps the day away except when she wants a feed and have a bit of awake time after her feeds then goes back to sleep. But from about 5 to 8 all she wants is to be held when I’m trying to do a quick tidy of the house and get dinner going. We have another weigh in tomorrow - cross fingers!!

Downstairs is still all stretched out but I can’t see any of my stitches. I only had one on the outside and the rest were on the inside. I think they tore me when they all put their hands in to move Danielle around. But I’m wondering if it’s ever going to be the same down there now.

I’ve added a few more pics of Danielle on her website too if anyone wants to have a look.

Take care everyone.

Fraser Guest

hey guys,

I had bit of a cleaning frenzy today - and was sorting through my maternity clothes - made me feel a bit sad - I really miss my tummy. It's weird looking at ultrasound pics and photos of bellies and realising that the babies in the photos on peoples websites used to be their bumps!

Anyone else keep stubbing their toes on things? I have done it about 100 times - I can only put it down to the fact that I am used to stopping where my tummy is, but now that I don't have a tummy I don't stop in time!!

I had a major hysterical freak out on our second night home, thankfully my mum came by at just the right time - I just didn't feel like I could handle this and he is so little and I (and Simon) am responsible for him and it was just all too much. I realised yesterday I hadn't been taking my vitamins and I think I may have let myself go a little, really tired and stressed out. So am drinking heaps of water, taking my vitamins, accepting help from others and realising I am not in this alone - Simon is here too.

So hard to find a happy place sometimes when everything around you is different.

Anyway that was a very self indulgent post, I hope everyone else is coping ok - I have found this forum such a huge help.

Cheers, Em

Just popping in here as I`m getting lonely over in the July Belly Buddies by myself.

Em - This might sound silly but are you pointing Charlie`s little boy bits down when putting a new nappy on him? If it`s pointing sideways or worse upwards you`ll get leaks. Slow down,. sounds to me your trying to be Superman, take it easy your a new Mummy and it takes time to adjust.

Better go I`m getting tired and can`t concentrate.

Hugs to you all and your precious babies, I love seeing your photos of them.

Take Care

Dee

Don't worry Em - I had a massive freak out in the middle of the night the other night. Danielle had a spew in bed and started screaming. I picked her up and she kept screaming and trying to throw her head back. Luckily Ken was there and took her and calmed her down and put her back to sleep. We'll get there.

Good news on her weigh in too - 180gms since Tuesday! We only have to go once a week for a weigh in again. Finally I feel a bit more relaxed!

I bettet go - I'm going to do a quick clean of the house before Danielle wakes again.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

hey girls just reading your posts its hard at the start but it dose get a little easyer in the end just relax and enjoy them iv found it a little easyer being a second time mother but i have my up days and down days the night bailee was home he lose his voice cos the night b4 he screamed for 6 hrs streght i was so scared something really bad was wrong with him but it work out that he lost his voice for over crying i sound like a bad mother but nothing i did stopped him crying he must of had an upset belly but he got his voice back 2 days later and everything is great last night he slept 8 hrs streaght i woke in panic but he was happly asleep so i woke him for a feed and he has been up for 3 hrs and sleep the rest of the time
    well i better go bailee has just woken it feed time so ill chat with ya all soon
    keep your heads up your doing a great job no matter how hard or lonley you may feel
    big hugs to ya all

Fee Guest

I haven't been on here for a while.

Personals first…

Baby~amore – I haven't tried expressing yet (well hand expressing a little, yes, but not with a pump). I don't want to create any more milk than necessary! But my supply seems to be settling down now.

Bubseykel – Hope Danielle is putting on weight!

Tulip – I never tried the cabbage leaf thing, but I did use ice packs. Right now my boobs are not so sore. They feel a lot softer. That photo of Lucas in your ticker is just adorable!

Baiza – How's Bailee going? Sorry to hear about his screaming moment the other night. That must have been scary.

Fraser – We haven't had troubles with Cooper wetting through his clothes. Do you mean his wee? Are you using cloth or something? As for freak outs, I have had quite a few crying moments since we've been home. I hate it!

Onto news from me…

Guess what? I've got mastitis! :eek: Luckily I'm not in too much pain. The pain just feels the same as the pain I've had since my milk came in. It was the fever, chills and headache which were the worst. I am feeling much better today. I'm on antibiotics though – hopefully they are working quickly!

Cooper is doing well. He pretty much wakes for a feed during the day every 4 hours (4 hours from beginning of one feed to the next). At night he can go much longer – 5, sometimes 6 hours! I have so many BF questions. I might do some reading on here and then I have a heap of things written down to ask at the Baby Well Clinic on Wednesday. There is so much to learn. But at least Cooper seems to be taking my milk well. And at least my outrageous milk supply has settled down a bit now. I'm not leaking as much everywhere, thank goodness. But he has gone from feeding for 30-40 minutes a feed to 10-15 minutes and now back to the longer type feeds. I think the shorter feeds were when my milk was crazy – he was obviously getting enough in that short time.

Also in the last few days he has been grizzly after feeding and is very hard to settle to sleep. I'm ready to break out the dummy even though I don't want to! I have taken him into our bed a few times for a sleep (only during the day). Usually it's after the first daylight feed. And it's just been the last few days that I've actually been tired and have wanted to nap. He seems to settle okay then. I would have never tried it but the midwife suggested it to me one night in the hospital. I was surprised – I wouldn't have thought they would suggest that. So I'm sort of okay with it.

I keep trying different "routines" – I've tried just one breast per feed, and then offering both, doing nappy changes before feeds, after feeds, and now during feeds to wake him up. He often falls asleep after 10 minutes on the boob! It's all so confusing.

And I'm using nipple shields as my nipples are very flat. I was doing fine without the shields before my milk came in but then when it did come in, my boobs were just stretched so tight there was nothing for Cooper to grab on to. Now I can take off the shield halfway through a feed and he can latch on okay (because the nipple has been sucked out). But I tried him straight on my nipple at the start of a feed this morning and he wouldn't have a bar of it. Frustrating – probably for him as well as me! And he "fights" my breast for a few minutes at the start of each feed. He claws and scratches me, pulls away, turns his head – even though he is starving. Hmmm. Eventually he settles down and feeds contentedly.

We've done a few outings since being home. We've gone to 2 parties, the shops (to Medicare), to my SIL's house, to the GP (for me) etc. So far so good.

Hello Everyone,
    Just a quick message - ready to go feed Ben and have a sleep myself.
    He was born Tuesday morning - arrived 10.10am. Will post birth story later. Just wanted to touch base. Will catch up on posts later. Very happy. Ben wonderful: sleeps, feeding coming along, very content and settled. Glad to be home! Hope everyone is fine.
    Cheers
    Cle

well i thought i would come over to the other side.
    Charlotte is doing well, starting to sleep alot better over night, actually got her to sleep in her bassinet last night for a little while, and then with me, so i could get some sleep. She is waking up twice over night about 2am and then about 6am, she feeds last about 10pm, and then in the morning she wont wake until about 10-11am. B/F is going really well, she is starting to feed more of one side at a time. She is tongue tied so i think i will have to get it cut, my poor little girl.

Tulip- i have given Charlotte a dummy, as she too was comfort feeding all the time, she now goes longer with out a feed, and sleeps better, Madison also has one and it hasn't affected her speach or anything, they are alright to use. I hope you heal soon, you poor thing, my stichers are starting to get itchy to i guess they are starting to heal.

Fee- i hope your mastitis clears up soon, i am also cheaking for any lumps. you are doing a good job with feeding.

Baizar- where abouts in melb do you live? your lucky with bailee sleeping so long.

kel- glad to see the danielle is putting on weight.

hey kelly hopefully he stays that way my dd was good like that and they say second time around you normally hit the jack pot again
    i live in roxburgh park its near greenvale,campbellfeild broadmedows

Morning everyone!!

Dummies - I haven't given Danielle one. We decided to only give it to her at night but it seems to make her more grumpy than anything. I'm not too fussed either way if she takes it or not.

Congratulations Boybump on Ben!!

Tanya - I'm glad you got checked out and you are on the mend now. I did read somewhere that stitches can take 60-90 days to dissolve fully. I tried to find mine but I can't see them as they are on the inside. I have found sometimes Ken can settle Danielle better than I can if I'm in a fluster for whatever reason. Give it time - I'm sure Lucas will be fine with your DH.

Fee - bugger on the mastitis. One of my biggest fears. I hope it clears up soon!!

Danielle's feeding changes from day to day. Mostly she's 3-4 hours whether it's day or night but in the evening from 4.30-7.30ish she wants a feed every 2 odd hours. It's like she's storing up for the night. Friday night was a bit of a pain. DH had a stomach bug and she wouldn't settle so I ended up taking her to my bed and sleeping with her. Luckily that worked sort of. She still stirred the whole night. I'm still bottle feeding her my breast milk and that seems to be going heaps better than BF her. I just feel like a milking factory at times - hehehe!! One thing I've found even with nipples covers is that Danielle ended up being really lazy and not sucking hard enough and falling asleep without enough food.

I better run - we are going to the shops today. Hopefully it's not too busy.

Take care everyone.
    Last edited by Bubseykel; July 31st, 2006 at 03:40 PM.

Fraser Guest

Hi guys,

Well you are all life savers - I have been reading your posts and I have been having the same problems or issues.

Charlie comfort feeds somtimes and we've used a dummy a little bit - his unsettled period seems to be from his early morning feed to his morning feed - so normally between 2am / 3.30am until 5am / 6am - I am trying some different things to combat this - letting him cry a little before his feed so that he is fully awake and drinks heaps instead of only having a little feed and then falling asleep.

We're having a lot of trouble burping him at the moment - spending heaps of time on it for no return, but then when we put him down he gets stressed and cranky so we have to get him back up again.

As like most of you sleep is an issue - I can't make myself nap during the day because i don't want to waste the daylight - and then in the evenings I want to spend time with DH so don't want to go to bed early - it's quite difficult.

Simon lets me sleep in the mornings though - takes Charlie into the living room in his papoose and lets me get a couple of extra hours snooze time - but it's not quite enough!!

Bubs - good to hear Danielle has put on some weight - I hear you on the power chucks! they really distress me because I assume there's something wrong with him - why else would he projectile!

Fee - hope our mastitis has cleared up - you poor thing - sometimes I let Charlie sleep in our bed - it's just so much easier - he actually sleeps quite solidly - could I be creating a rod for my own back though??

Tanya - ouchy on the stitches - mine have been feeling a bit funny every now and then and (watch out TMI following) I'm worried that I've been given a female circumcision!! it all seems a bit smaller down there!!!

Baiza - thanks for the words of encouragement - it's amazing how people saying they've been through the same thing - or they understand can make a world of difference and diffuse really stressful tense situations.

KMH - sounds like you've got a routine sorted - I wish I could have one - I wouldn't even care what it was I just want some consistency!! I think I might like to go back to work now...... at least I could do that job!!

well I'm going to sneak off for a bath and then go to bed and fingers crossed the little man sleeps solidly for quite a few more hours.

Cheers, Em.

ps: Dee - am pointing Charlie's 'boy bits' downwards and that has made a world of difference!!!!

pps: who else is having difficulty dealing with the belly button? Charlie's bleeds a little bit and I find it really hard to touch it - I'm worried it hurts!

we have been sleeping one or both boys in our bed too and I guess whatever will be will be - if is so nice to cuddle up to them.DH said we will need a bigger bed.

Except this early this morning I thought both were in bed but could only feel one - checked under the covers and half groogy I even felt floor bedside the bed to check ... but DH had put Samuel back in the cot.

WE gave our boys a 'pacifier' too - it soothes them and Mummy/Daddy - Samuel rarely sucks his though.

I am trying a nipple shield for Joel now ... which he did take but both my nipples are sore - Laninsoh supposedly works wonders for sore/cracked nipples in case anyone needs to know. I think he has reflux because cries and is unsettled a lot in his sleep.

Yes - it is good to know others have the same issues.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast