Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #10

Megan76 Guest

Sorry i have been missing! Daniel has been away this weekend and Lucas decided that this weekend of all weekends he was going to start waking up at nights again....hasn't done it for at least a month! So i have had to feed him which i didn't want to start doing again but everytime i got him back to sleep he would just wake up again so i gave up! He has been a bit grumpy since his needles too so all in all i have had a dodgy weekend!! Sorry needed to vent and i will try and catch up better and start the week fresh!! I have so much respect for all of you girls who have husbands that are away all the time...it is a demanding job and i don't think i coped very well at all!

Just to the Melb girls what are you sleeping your babies in at the moment with the heat? Not sure if Lucas is too hot or cold and thats why he's waking??

Hi everyone!

Just a quickie this morning as Amelie's due for a feed shortly!

Anyone have difficulties with DH settling bubs to sleep? He does all the right things, but for the last couple of weeks she'll just scream blue murder until I come and put her to bed. It is really getting him down and I don't know what to do about it. Am hopeful it will just pass, but it's making me worry about going out for my work Christmas show and him having to put up with the carrying on...

Hi there all!
    Star - YES!! Lach has been very bad the last few weeks. He is MEGA clingy with me.... It's a tad annoying. lol
    Someone else mentioned that they were having these kinds of issues aswell, But I forget.
    I guess they are just at that age where they know who mummy is and what she does, adn they know that noone else can do it for them. Thats just my guess.

V- I saw ur pics! U look lovely. U'll make a very beautiful bride

Zofia - Lol at everything happening on a Sunday. It's always the way. Good to hear that you have a diagnosis, and that you AREN"T going mad. Take it easy

Mel- I don't know how you do it! I don't think I could handle DP being away for a month, let alone having 2 kiddies, and a bung foot as well!!
    I hope the 4 weeks go very quickly for you, and that you heal very quickly too!

TOJ and Fran- Lach too sleeps a little more during the heat. He's not a fan of the warmer weather, it was knocking him around a bit, but he is getting better. I also noticed that Lach dropped one feed on Saturday, but he did make up for it over night. lol

Sascha - Sorry to hear of Autumns reaction I am hoping that Lach does as well as he did last time around.

Well, we had a HUGE storm/storms here last night. Went from Midnight till 8 am non stop. Not much rain tho So didn't fill the tank much at all.
    We had a few strikes very close to the house, and they were sooo loud. Lach didn't stir at all though. Crazy little guy.

A scary reminder of summer.... We found a snake skin ( sheadded sp?) near our front door. Not sure how long it's been there, I would think only a few days. It's scary to know that we are going to have to be VERY careful. I hate snakes and spiders..... so why did I move out bush?? lol

We have a very lush green lawn tho at the mo, which is great, and probably the reason why snakes are coming near the house. I thnk I may invest in a dog soon. lol

Well, thats about it today. Everyone on facebook, it's great to put faces to names! Sorry mine is so scary looking! lol

Have a good night all
    xxoo

hey everyone.

Thanks for you comments about my dress! I cant wait to have it all fitted properly and my hair and make up done. I'm getting really excited!! I've wrote down on my calender everything that needs to be done the weeks before and BOY am I going to be busy!! That break in the Maldives is going to be worth it!!

Hey, I've got a question to those mum's that have flown in a plane with a baby. Is it difficult to be on a place with a baby, do they sleep, how do they sleep?! Avaleigh will be nearly 6 months old when we fly so I guess she may needs toys to keep her entertained? How do you change a baby on a plane, do they have a changing table? hehe I've never noticed!!

Also, has anyone got their babies wearing shoes yet?? I dont, ave bought a pair of cute shoes but they are still too big! She is normally just bare foot or socks, depending on the weather.

Well better get dinner sorted!

Nicky, that is so scarey about the snake skin. Be careful girl! Dogs are great for snakes, but it's too upsetting for me when they get bitten themselves, I'm a dog lover though. Hope they stay away.

V, we have flown with Charlize a few times. Once was to Hawaii when she was 7 months old. It sort of depends what time of day you fly. The flight over was a night flight so she slept in a bassinet especially for babies, the whole way. The other people on board didn't even know she was there. And we were lucky on the way back, that she had a seat allocated to her, as it was a day flight, so we didn't have to hold her the whole time, just on take off and landing. But we were lucky to have the seat, since DH was there for work, he had some of the girls who he was working with bar a row of 3 seats in business class for us. It was great, and Charlize loved it too. The little bugger has only ever flown Business Class, not bad hey!! She just better not get used to it, if DH changes jobs she won't be flying it again. And to answer your questions about change tables, yep they do in the toilets. So, just make sure when you book your tickets to request a bassinet seat, very important. Oh I can't believe how quickly it has come around. And the Maldives too for a honeymoon, that sounds wonderful. I can just see little Avaleigh soaking it up on one of the white sandy beaches there, how cute!! Is she going to be a part in the wedding party? Do you have a little dress for her yet?

Star, DH has never had a problem with settling Jack, but that's because he never does . Oh I shouldn't say that, he has once maybe twice. But normally it's up to me, even now, with only 1 &1/2 feet operating.

Oh, best go, Idol is on.

Hope you enjoyed Idol Mel...you're doing such a fantastic job with a healing foot!

Alessia usually does settle better for me than David but lately she's been doing well for both of us. Fingers crossed it continues. The one thing that never changes though, is that I ALWAYS put her to bed for the night...don't want to change that routine that is getting usually 9 hours sleep out of her!

Well David is off to his conference for the next few days...it's so strange. We haven't been apart since we've been married. I'm going to have the whole bed to myself!

Fran, enjoy the whole bed to yourself!!! What year did you get married. I have gotten used to DH going away alot of the time. It makes night time routines easlier for me, when he isn't here. If I don't feel like cooking I don't and just have toast or something easy. But I do miss him sooooo much. So don't forget we are here if you want some company .

Thanks everyone as well, for your thoughts and get well wishes for me. Fingers crossed I'm all healed up before DH leaves. I've been wanting to have a sneak peak at my wounds, but I'm not allowed to remove the dressings, until I go for my check up appointment next friday. I'm getting too curious though, I went to have a little peek before, peeling back some of the bandages, and saw some blood, then that was enough for me, what a sook hey? God help me, when the kids start taking skin off their legs and arms, I'll be a mess. What a wolly!!

Man Matt Corby is good!!

Thanks for the well wishes for Autumn everyone, she is feeling much better today, temps have gone. DH has gone all out to make sure she remembers him when he comes home each time and this week has turned her into a little daddy's girl - now I'll probably have to deal with the 'I'm missing daddy' blues each time he goes It was not nice for him though, when he came back the first few times and she cried when he talked to her.

Zofia - hugs for you, hope you get to de-stress a little with a few days off. How sweet that Diana had a girl's night already!

V - Maldives huh? I'm so jealous! Apparently there are built in baby beds in front of some seats on planes, it would be worth checking with your travel agent/airline. I don't have shoes for Autie yet though I can't wait to! The general opinion is that they shouldn't wear any until they are competent walkers - there are lots of cute ones though, with soft soles, just for dress-up type occasions I guess.

Megan - hope you get a better night in tonight. If it makes you feel any better, Autumn waking 2 or 3 times is a good night for me!

Star - My DH doesn't even bother trying with the bedtime thing as she still feeds to sleep. Maybe if he helped with every single bedtime for a week or so, Amelie might be more settled with him?

Nicky - I wouldn't be happy about the snake skin either. Before Autumn, I would do the catch and release on all spiders, and tell off anyone else who killed them. Now I'm a psycho creature killer - anything that can possibly bite in any way, no matter how small, dies an instant death I do feel bad though.

Mel - hope you've got some sort of help while DH is away? LOL at the nighttime settling he never does! I don't think I'd actually trust mine to do it 'right' when it comes down to it anyway! You know - she likes to be laid down this way, with her arms like this, and Johnson (cuddle toy) within reach of this hand, and the sheet up to here and you just jiggle her bum a little like this, and oh, just let me do it...

Veroncia - Yes Lach has worn shoes quite a few times!
    I've got some gorgeous little pairs, especially his dunlop volleys. Too cute!!
    ANyway, just popping in to say goodnight

I am popping in for a quick vent before bed- sorry for the selfish post
    had family dinner tongith (every sunday night), and MIL suggested that I start Kaetlyn on solids. I said politely, not yet she is only 4 months, and she is not ready. She then continued to say that all of her children were on farex at 6 weeks old. gggrrrrrgggghhhhhh for MIL and parents living by 'we did this, it worked so it will be okay'. hmph. she knows that I am exclusively BF and will continue to until weaning. I told her DH did not want to start her on other stuff as well.
    I am not sure if it is a ploy so that she can feed Kaetlyn or not.
    Then.... Kaetlyn was really grizzly (obviously tired) and she said, 'when did you feed her last, she shouldnt be hungry already'. I said no she is really tired. I explained that the last feed was merely to make sure she was hydrated casue it was a hot day. Then she took Kaetlyn outside 'to play in the fresh air' where she became even more upset. the only way I could settle her was to give her another BF and she went to sleep on the breast- like i knew she would cause she was so tired.
    I love my MIL dearly and she is very good to Kaetlyn, but she didnt BF for more than 6 weeks with any of her children, and doesnt not understand really the principles of it. Now i am always second guessing my milk and supply, cause she is not as chubby as other babies- just bigger in length.
    Lately I have been offerering the breast more to make sure she is having plenty of milk.
    now I have vented sorry, but will go back and catch up on everyone.. tomorrow, as I am really tired.
    Thanks heaps for letting me vent
    Bye

Vent away blueflower! I know what you mean about MIL's and parents- after Amelie's christening a couple of weeks ago, I had just had enough, with all the suggestions of what I should be doing, that they think she's teething, blah, blah, blah. I have pretty much kept away from them all since then, just for a break. In fact, haven't even seen MIL since then - I think she got my not so subtle hints on the day about always trying to take control when she's in my home...

No shoes for Amelie just yet - I remember something similar to what Sacha said about shoes from our mothers group, but can't remember exactly what was said- I know that you need to get good quality ones when you start- make sure that you can't bend the sole too much, but that there is a bit of give in them.

Thanks for the replies re: Dh putting Amelie to bed. I have thought about giving DH putting to bed responsibilities over a long period of time, but at the moment it is very draining for him and he's getting frustrated. Will keep persisting with it and see how we go.
    Last edited by *star*; November 19th, 2007 at 02:56 PM.

Hello all

Just a quick one for now as I am about to run out the door.

Sacha - did you end up finding a light weight grobag. I am going to get Charlotte one and thought I would check with you before I started checking the shops.

Star - Isnt it hot in Adelaide at the moment. There is a great wading pool in a park near where we live so we have been spending a lot of time there over the past few days.

Blueflower - vent away. MILs are like that arent they! Good on you for sticking to your guns. You are doing a wonderful job. They just dont seem to realise times have changed and just becasue they did something one way doesnt make it right GRRR!!

Mel - how are you feeling with the foot and DH going away in three days? I hope you are well and truly on the mend. Is your mum going to stay with you at all while DH is away? My DH now goes away next Monday which is a few days later than we thought and he is away from then until Christmas - although he has still managed to arrange four days at home throughout that time. I agree with you that Matt Corby is great - I hope he wins! Might have to vote this week I think!

V - maldives I am jealous (in a good way)! Ooohhh imagine the beautiful beaches and warm water. Divine.

Gotta run.

Will BBL to say hi again.
    Jem

all
    Last edited by jemima; November 19th, 2007 at 09:28 AM.

Mel, David and I have been married for almost 5 years (Dec 7th is our anniversary) so it definitely is a big change for us to be apart!

Just wanted to give you a big hug Sara and let you know Alessia is exactly the same! She's just sitting on the 50th percentile for weight but she's long!!! (on the 90th percentile) So there's nothing wrong with your milk at all!!! I get the same comments from my mum in the sense that when we were babies what they did. Thankfully she's not pushy and I remind her that times have changed!!

Enchanted Guest

*jumping up and down* me me!! I am Danielle (can you please just edit your post and removes my surname... just so others don't see )

Sorry, I should be more well known around here but I get very slack with posting!!!!

Just a little WOO HOO from me.... Oscar has started sleeping through the night! For the past 4 nights he has slept through and I feel like a new person.... I am so proud of my little man.

V- Your dress is gorgeous and you are looking AMAZING!!! The necklace looks great with the dress... glad it finally came

Blue- It can be so hard when people make comments about breastfeeding. I always have my family saying "Oh, you can't be hungry already!!!". It made me feel quite unsure of my supply for a while but I now just ignore it. My Mum and Grandma only breastfed for about 4 weeks, so I just put it down to them 'not knowing'. As long as your gorgeous girl is continuing to grow and have plenty of wet nappies etc everything will be fine and I am quite sure you have enough milk!!!

To everyone else... hope you are all well!

Ps. who uses grobags and what do you think of them?!

Hi all,

Jessikah, i give panadol before a feed so he doesn't spit it back at me. I quickly shove a boob in his mouth lol

Ok this has turned into a quick and selfish post cause grizzle guts is awake earlier than i thought.

We have found our feet but no rolling etc here.

Gotta go and occupy him, 'cause elmo can only do it for so long

Hi everyone. I first introduced myself on her a few weeks back and havent had a chance to post again. Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming.

I'm not quite sure what to do with myself today as Ella is actually sleeping during the day. i think the hot weather has knocked her around. However, she has decided to cry and cry at bedtime for the last few nights and just been generally hard to settle. I swear whenever we think we have her figured out she goes and changes. Oh well what can you do?

I remember there are a few Australian Idol fans on here? What did you all think of the show last night? Was a bit disapointed that the judges dont judge the final two...I think thats what i find the most entertaining. Anyway, I think Matt should win, he is great.

Oshani regarding the grobags. Since we bought Ella one about 6 weeks ago, she has slept all throughout the night bar one night. She was squirming out of her wrap and kicking her blankets off and getting cold. So I think grobags are great! I still worry about what clothes to put on her tho, particularly in this warm weather.

Well I hear crying coming from the bedroom so I have to go. Hope everyone is well and enjoying life in general.

Leah

Megan76 Guest

Well i am sitting here typing in tears... i am such a sook but am just not coping. Lucas will not sleep anywhere but my arms during the day. He is screaming when i put him in his cot and will just go on and on if i leave him so i pick him up and he goes to sleep but wakes and screams if i try and put him down. I dont want him to get used to it but dont know what else to do if i want him to sleep.

I was hoping to start this week fresh an have just spent half the day in tears...plus it is DH's birthday and all his family is coming for dinner.....i am just so confused with what to do.

Megan,

you poor thing!! You're definitely not a sook, it's really hard when they don't want to be anywhere except in your arms. I wish I had a magic wand for the sleeping, but there's really nothing I could suggest that you probably haven't already tried. With your DH's birthday dinner though, is takeaway an option?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast