Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #10

Megan - hugs. Have you tried a sling or a baby carrier? That way he can fall asleep next to you, but still leave your hands free....

Sara - Diana is quite long, but light too, so don't worry about Kaetlyn. I'm sure that she's fine.

To everyone who has contacted me on facebook - sorry that I haven't confirmed you yet. For some reason every time I try to do anything on facebook, the whole thing crashes. Hopefully I will have it worked out soon.

Sorry Danielle! I have removed your name now - I had a vague idea that it was you, though! You're now in the facebook group. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't someone random!!

Hey Leah, nice to see you in here again!

Megan - I feel for you - it's so hard to know what to do, I reckon just comfort Lucas - maybe it's just a stage- try him in your sling if you need to work (although it would probably be uncomfortable in the hot weather now that I think about it!) Maybe give yourself a break from Lucas when DH's family comes over- palm him off for a little while...

Megan Hugs. All bubs are different and what works for one might not work for the other, but I found a baby carrier was really handy when xavier did that but he was also about 6 weeks old, and I also found just giving in and going with the flow helped too.

Now sometimes to help him get to sleep I will stay in his room and he holds my hand while he falls asleep, seems to relax him. If you can do anything that relaxes you maybe it will help him too??

Oh Megan, you poor thing, if I lived near you, I'd be over there in a flash!! Hugs to you babe. I'm curious to know as my memory isn't very good. Does Lucas have reflux or silent reflux? I only ask, because what your describing sounds remarkably the same as Jack used to be before he was diagnosed. As soon as I would attempt to lay him down anywhere, he would start to scream. At night he would lay down, but he would be very restless. Just wondering if Lucas might have silent reflux, I'm definately no doctor by any means, just thought it might be something to think about or discuss with your doc or MCHN. In the mean time you could try some baby gaviscon. It's not a prescription drug, and I guess if it doesn't make a difference then you know it isn't likely anything to do with heartburn. But there is no harm in trying it either. I only suggest this as his behaviour sounds sooooo similiar to Jacks was. Just a thought. I hope tonight goes smoothly. Hugs babe......

Enchanted Guest

Don't be sorry star... you needed to know who was trying to join the group

*hugs- Megan, it is terrible when they are like that. Have you tried baby massage?!? Just a gentle rub might be relaxing?!?

Hugs Megan - dont be sorry for venting to us - I know how hard it can be with a baby who doesnt want to settle anywhere but your arms. We had the same problem with Jesse (DS2) and one of the things we tried was a day sleep clinic at our child and youth health clinic. The nurse gave me ideas on how to settle and watched how I was doing it and offered suggestions as well as being able to pick up on any medical issues such as reflux. Might be worth contacting your local child nurse and seeing if they offer anything similar. Our baby carrier also became our saviour as he would settle there no worries. Like Mel said maybe try some gaviscon and see how he goes - it cant hurt him to try and you never know.

take care and let us know how you go

Jem

Sorry ur having a hard time megan. I know how you feel with the screaming.
    Lachlan will now sleep in our bed, with me there to begin with. Is this an option? He also loves the sling, but I am finding its too hot for his sling at the moment.
    Lachlan has always been a horrid sleeper, but he is now falling asleep on his own on the floor on some occaions. Also, do you let Lucas sleep in a bouncer? Lach also loves this.

Sorry I can't be much help. The weather is playing games with the poor little bubbas of late

Hope everyone else has had a good day. Thank god for AC!!!! It's going to be another scorchers tomorrow.... over 40 degrees again. I don;t like going out with Lach on days like this, so it's another day at home.

For those of you formula feeding or comp feeding - Do your bubbas completely dislike water on its own? I can't get lach to drink any. I know that BF bubs get enough from the breast, but as I'm comp feeding when I have to, I am trying to offer him some extra water. He tends to get constipated very easily. I am putting more water into his formula as advised by MCHN, but he still seems to suffer
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hugs to all
    xxoo

Enchanted Guest

Nicky- I am comp feeding and tried to offer Oscar some water today and he just spat it back out!! It was just cooled boiled water as they say to give but I think maybe I might warm it up a little and see if he drinks it.

Hi girls,

just a quick hello from me - I have been really busy all weekend and then this morning I woke up with a sinus infection. Yuck.

Will be back on tomorrow to catch up on everything - hopefully I'll be able to focus on the screen a bit better as my eyes are so watery.

Hope everyone is well and all those beautiful babies are being good....

Hey All

Jem - I couldn't find one lighter than the grobag .5 tog so I ended up getting mum to make one for me out of material that is much much lighter and has an open weave so heaps cooler. Good luck if you decide to keep looking.

Dani - I love the grobags - Autumn always sleeps better in one, but as you can tell from my message to Jem, they are not made for an Australian summer. It's also a great sleep cue for her too.

Leah - I know what you mean about them changing all the time! I give up and just go with the flow now. With the clothes and the grobag dilemma, I usually dress Autumn in a singlet onesie then put a stretchy Bonds cardy over the top of everything if it gets cold during the night.

Megan - Big squeeze If he has reflux like Mel suggested, maybe he would be happy to sleep sitting up a bit, like in a bouncer or carseat, or even a swing if you can afford one (wish I could!) I found it helpful to sing a sweet sounding lullaby of swear words to Autumn when I really couldn't take anymore - helps you vent a little without upsetting them.

Raels - hope you're feeling better. I know that pressure behind the eyes headache - so draining.

Hope everyone has a restful night.

Sacha, the sweet sounding lullaby of swear words cracks me up, he he he. What a great idea, must remember that one. How did the sleeping bag your mum turn out? I might put in a order. I should actually try one myself, since I got a sewing machine for my birthday last year. Just can't seem to find spare time these days. Saying me typing away on BB

Megan, how did the dinner go?

Raels, I hope you feel better soon.

Dani, good luck with the water. I have trouble trying to Jack a bottle at all.

Does anyone have any tips on getting bubs to take a bottle. Jack the little bugger refuses to drink from one. I've tried Avent, new Tommee Tippee one for BF babies, and he still won't take it. Last thursday when I had my surgery done, he went from 5am until 2pm without a feed, as he refused to take one. He does suck a little with the Tommee Tippee but no more than 20ml. Any ideas would be great?

Thanks Sacha and OMG I love idea of the sweet sounding lullaby of swear words. Only trouble is that some days I might be singing nothing but that song hehehehe (not really)!!
    Last edited by jemima; November 20th, 2007 at 08:20 AM.

I'm trying to remember all I have missed!

Firstly Megan, why dont you call your MCHN or someone GP? To discuss Lucas's screaming, it may be reflux (I have experienced this with Zyon) it could be teething, it could be a milestone where he feels he needs Mummy more or he could have a tummy ache or something causing pains!??? But dont beat yourself up about it & your definately not a sook, babies dont come with rules, books etc so we have to try & work out whats wrong & you will see that in a few days or a weeks time he will settle & there will have been a reason & then you will be saying.. "Oh it was because of X, Y or Z, but then like most Mummies you'll feel guilty you didnt realise it sooner!' Just 1 big circle of guilt this Mummy bizo!!! hee hee..... Baby #3 for me & I still get days like yours & have no idea what to do with him! So dont feel bad it's all part of being a Mummy who loves their baby so much!!! But if you talk to MCHN or someone they may have other ideas? Baby massage is good, even if it's just undressing him & rubbing his body...? Bathing him, or if he wants to be held put a DVD on sit down relax & watch it with him in your arms!

V, flying is easy, done it with all 3 as littlies... although there isnt much room in the toilet for changing nappies, but you make do... Request the bassinette seats, the motion of flying helps soothe babies to sleep too, so Avaleigh should be fine, Just take a familiar toy/blanket so she feels safe & secure, I have always managed to breastfeed on the plane too, wear loose comfy clothing. Feed her on take off & landing to prevent ear pain too..

Mel, how is your foot healing up? I express into Avent bottles & Zy man has drank from these with no problems.. It's the only bottles I've ever used for all 3! I put Zy to sleep in a singlet cloth nappy & a waffle type thin blanket over him, I have recently stopped swaddling & he likes to be snuggled in to the blanket, always pulling it over his face, but not on the rest of his body, it's a loose waffle so he can breathe through it, but when I go to bed I take it off his face, sure enough in the morningt he has it loosely on his face again... But he's back to sleeping alnight so I guess it works for him!?

Um, Ok now I have fogotten everything else... lol.....

Zyons growing well, not sure how much he weighs now but his chins, belly '& thighs have m ore rolls in them than a bakers delight!

Hi everyone

In reply to some earlier posts re shoes - Diana has a few pairs of bootiees (although she lost one bootie already when we went out for a walk once), and one pair of shoes, which are more for decoration than anything else. She wears them for special occasions, but usually kicks them off anyway, so doesn't wear them much as because of how much I paid for them, they are not going to get lost. lol.

In regards to sleeping, at about 3 months, Diana started undoing her wraps so I put her in a grobag. As we only have a 2.5 tog one, I haven't been putting her in it recently as its too hot. I put her in a jumpsuit, with feet and just cover her with a blanket.

I recently updated Diana's site and put up some of our wedding photos under family albums.

Better go. Hope you all have a great day.

Hi all how are you

my hot baby hardly wears clothes. last night at about 10pm it was still 31 degrees inside our house xavier slept in a tshirt and nappy. most nights he sleeps in a singlet suit lately oh and no covers either as he takes them off. I have removed all blankets from his bed and left the sheet but I check how cold he is before I go to bed. As the low overnight here was going to be 20 degrees I wasn't worried about him last night. I even left a fan running in his room all night (but it doesn't blow directly on him).

Feeding from a bottle I tried Xavier out back when he was only a couple of weeks old, and he's such a greedy guts he doesn't care where it comes from. he does like it hotter out of a bottle than if it were coming from me maybe make it a little warmer than you think?? This might also sound strange but I've heard of babies that have never used a bottle because they refuse to take it so their mum tries a cup style and low and behold they drink. maybe try one of the avent or mag mag cups, you can buy the top of the avent cup and it will match your bottles, they are all interchangeable.

water from a bottle xavier doesn't actually drink any of it, he just plays with it in his mouth.
    Nicki are you on Bendigo town water? bendigo water tastes awful in summer as they have to filter it more maybe buy some bottle water, I've been told you still have to boil it but it generally tastes better.

Well it seems that over the last week Xave has found is new favorite toy. his toes. He grabs those little toes and hold onto them. It's funniest when he does it at nappy change, certainly makes it easier to clean his bum. I think if he starts to role over he'll get stopped because he's still holding onto his feet.

I am a little nervous today, I found my best friend from primary school on face book and she's in town today and we are meeting for arvo tea. I haven't seen her in like 15 years!! I saw pics of her on the net though and she's skinny, makes me feel a little porky
    Did you all know it's hard to loose weight when cadbury keep bringing out yummy food. I love scorched almonds and this year in the jars you can get Turkish delight chocettes, I love those things. That reminds me, Xave was staring at my stretch marks yesterday, I told him they were a gift from him, don't think he understood though lol.

O O O,

I just found down in the marketplace section a thread about cheap swim nappies. I just bought 2 a medium and a large for Xavier as he will be doing swimming next year. They are the re-useable variety which I think even if you can't be motivated to use cloth for everyday use that at the very least a re-useable swim nappy. If not for the environment for the $$ that the disposable swim nappies cost.

Just thought i would share.

Oh Rebecca you crack me up! If that was the case about the stretch marks, then Alessia has been REALLY generous with me! *lol*

It's hot *ugh* I've had the airconditioning on since 9:30 this morning!

David comes home tonight...hooray!

On tank water here, and I always boil before I give it to him, so I dont think its the taste.
    On the bottle front, I gave Lach a bottle of EBM every so often from when he was about 2 weeks aold, adn he's never had issues. I use the tommie tippie ones that connect to the breast pump, and htey have the gigantic teats, but he absolutely loves them.
    I have found that if Lach is drinking from a bottle he likes the milk a little cooler than from the breast. No idea why.

Lach wears shoes purely for ornamental reasons. I can't see the prob as he is not putting any weight on his feet when they are on, and they are not at all tight. I am sure that the Nurse from prenatal classes was more worried about shoes when they start to crawl walk, and that they had to be a certain type. I only have soft soled ones and they also fall off a bit. lol

Well, Stinker here today, as It is in most of Vic. I have aover 100 mozzie bites all over my body, they are everywhere up here!
    I cant stop itching!
    We have been using the plug in things from the supermarket and they work a treat... unless u havent turned them on. I guess its better they bite me than Lach. he has only one or two thankfully, but I wish he had none!
    Going to purchase some netting this week for our bed and lachs.

Oh and first alst night!!!! Lach slept for 4 hours in his cot on his own!!!! It s a miracle!!!
    hes never really liked the cot. I have really wanted to get him in there when I can. 4 hours was awesome I was very proud! Hopefully, he can do a few hours every night for a few weeks, and then a few more, adn then a few more gradually till he sleeps in his cot all the time!

anyway, best be off

have a cool day all

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast