Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #11

Hey everyone..

OK I am having a freak out here!!

Went for a dress fitting today and I wasnt excited to get in to my dress at all. Oh I think the nerves have kicked in!! I just feel really really weird.. Jason asked me how I am and I said I dunno!! he laughed and said he was having his freak out before his bucks night but now he is ready....

Oh and they need to take my dress in even more!!! I was told by the dress maker to not go to the gym this week and to just relax. How do you relax??!! LOL I've been living in the fast lane for soo long I just dont know how to do it!! I might catch up with some friends during the week and spend time with my sis..

Hi ladies

Wow it has been very quiet in here since yesterday afternoon!! I hope this means you all had a great night lastnight and are having a great saturday too

Veronica- I started to feel the way you are close to the day too, its just natural hun, you will be fine. DH didnt get nervous at all until he seen us arrive in the limo and as we were early the driver went straight past Lol poor Dh thought i wasn't coming back!! You definately have a challenge re relaxing this week, but make sure you really try, that way you will be relaxed for the big day.

Well i have the damn flu again, i have put it down to the changing weather again, im hoping it wont stick around too long.

I am being called now lol ethans hungry as always.
    BBL

Hi all,

Sara we have been having something very similar to what you described for the past couple of weeks, and now he's getting really hard to keep awake for more than about 1 hour at a time. MCHN said it sounded like he was getting just the right amount of sleep. Maybe it's the warmer weather they know they need more sleep??
    Lol at really liking the new Kaetlyn. Now that toybox sounds like a wonderfull and sweet present, can your fil have a word to my family about appropriate xmas presents, once that don't require batteries and are practical and of course made with love you will have to post a pic of it for us all to see.

Zofia, how cute diana must have really wanted food. But stealing mums biscuits tsk tsk, nip that habit in the bud tee hee. I had mental images of her taking it and quickly shoving it in before you had a chance to stop her.
    Glad she liked the avocado.
    The St Nicholas day is a good tradition to follow. Not only to teach Diana about your heritage but I also heard recently that with littles you are best to space out presents so they don't get so overwhelmed at xmas with all the gifts.

Jessikah :hugs: it's ok, your allowed to go into the back yard and scream. Your still at your old house right, your going to move you won't have those neighbors for long. I really hope Ethan starts sleeping for you through the night.

Fran & David Happy anniversary for yesterday!!

V, hold on and being nervous you will actually loose more weight. I prescribe you lots of ice cream this week, especially if you find you can't help but exercise. I still am in shock when I consider I lost 3 kg's the week before my wedding, and I didn't exercise, infact I had facials and my nails done and my hair etc etc, things that are relaxing and still lost 3kgs!!! Oh try going to the pool or the beach, I had heaps of fun the other day, and so did Xavier. Avaleigh is such an active little girl she will probably love going to the beach.

Lol, I always do some personals and then forget to bother updating about Xavier.

Xavier has decided that it is time to re-introduce arsenic hour in the afternoons, regardless of how much sleep he has. I think the in laws are a bit put out too 'cause he keeps screaming at them. but he didn't scream at my mum the other day.
    We had our 4 month check yesterday. He weighs 6830gms which is apparently the 50percentile (yet that's based on formula fed babies and isn't adjusted for bb feed babies so he's right on track) but he is 65.7cm's long which is the 75 percentile. Now we are both short a$$e$ so who knows why he's taller than average, oh and yes testees still there they haven't dissapered. I know they have to check but it really does crack me up He passed all his checks with flying colours, except he doesn't roll yet she wasn't worried about that unless he still can't at 6 months. Nathan finished work early and came with us and learned all about our visits to the MCHN. Next time I'll teach him all about immunisations, Muwahhh ah ah ah (she says with an evil laugh. Next time Daddy can get screamed at).

I hope you all have a good weekend. If tomorrow is hot we might take another trip to the pool.
    Last edited by kungfubecca; December 8th, 2007 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks Bec. It does sound like the same thing. And yes after being awake for an hour she has stuck toothpicks in her eye lids trying to keep them open. So doesnt cry when i put her in the cot so i fugure she is ready for nap again.
    Such a diffeence......

Hi everyone im glad we are all still sane and plodding along. I have a question for those of you that have started on solids- How often do you give them farex? And what time of the day? I gave my DS his first taste of farex today and he LOVED it! But now I am wondering how much do I give him? And also when do you start introducing sweet potato and other foods? And how often do I give him them? Should I just give him a bit of something different every day? Or should I stick to farex for a week then move to something else? Sorry to go on a bit but Im not sure what to do.
    Take care everyone
    xox
    Last edited by nay23; December 8th, 2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: i can't spell :)

Nay, i found this post the other day when i was looking up starting solids. i thought is was pretty good. check it out. it has other links as well. Starting Solids / Homemade Baby Food - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

Hehehe

Now I have a question.
    When bub is asleep and you need to be somewhere, is it better to wake or to let sleep? Just curious as I have never really been in this predicament before!

Also yah for me. I got up early this morning and expressed at 6am. I got 150ml, and that was stopping tp make sure there was some left for Kaetlyns first feed of the day. now my milk bank has enough for 2 withdrawels before it is in debit!!!

Hi All! Wow, things really have slowed down in here. It must be a busy time for everyone I guess. I have DH home at the moment, so that always curbs my online time

nay - I have a little brochure given to my by the health nurse that suggests starting with rice cereal and then trying something new every 5 days or so to be sure there is no allergies. A couple of teaspoons should be enough, once a day for the first 4 weeks as their tummy is still very small and solids shouldn't be replacing milk yet. Most people recommend giving it after milk to ensure they don't fill up on it, but each to their own I guess. I give it in the evening to try and help Autie sleep better, but again, time of day is up to you. Over time, you increase the amount to a few tablespoons or so, and more than once a day. they will let you know when they've had enough. Somewhere between 7 to 9 months,they should be ready to have food before milk, and start a gradual introduction to 3 meals a day with snacks. Good luck!

Well, Autumn is loving having her dad home - she loves to sit and watch the fishing shows with him while I get a sleep in I bought her a Heinz first sipper cup for her to have a little water now and then and she has no problem with it at all which is great because I'm thinking she might actually take EBM from it better than a bottle on the odd occasion - great size for her to hold too.

Has anyone else noticed their bub getting bored with their toys lately? Autumn is much more into activity centre and pop up type toys - she gets so busy doing her work

Hope everyone is having a calm weekend

Oh, and re: the sleeping thing - personally, I would do my best to let Autumn sleep if I didn't have to be somewhere absolutely on time eg. doctor's appointment and such.

Hey everyone,

Fran congratulations on your anniversary, hope you had a gorgeous day.

V woo hoo for single digits, just think, this time in a week (ie next Saturday) will be the last day before youre officially a Mrs

Bec we have almost twin boys I think Liam was almost exactly the same measurements at his 4 month check, he also isnt rolling (and doesnt appear to be even remotely interested in this), AND we have arsenic hour too! I think that they must learn from the testes checking, cos now Liam does it for himself each time his nappy comes off such a boy!

Sara I love the picture of Kaetlyn in your ticker, her eyes look just gorgeous. The toy box sounds fantastic, its so lovely to have things that have been made specially for them. Re the sleeping, Im with Sacha, unless I absolutely have to be somewhere I let him sleep. Means Im often quite late to social engagements, but I figure its only for a few more months, and if my friends cant understand, well, tough.

Jessikah I hope youve had a better day today thank goodness for Mums hey. I know how exhausting it is when they dont give you more than a couple of hours sleep at a time overnight, and its easy to feel really alone in the middle of the night, so I hope it gets better for you soon. Liam had only his 3rd complete night of sleep on Friday night (11 hours!!!), which would have been nice except I kept waking up because I hadnt heard him, and by 4am my bbs were so sore I couldnt really get back to sleep.

Flossie Im a bit behind, but I was really sorry to hear about your Poppa. And happy belated birthday hope you were able to have a nice day despite the sadness of your Poppa.

Zofia my mum is a classic at treating me like a stupid kid at times. Her nag at the moment is twofold has Pat done a will, and is he going to lose some weight, so that he doesnt have a heart attack like his own dad, but if he does then hed better have a will (circular argument, it goes on & on). She rotates her nagging around my sisters & brother though, so its usually only 1 of us getting it a time. We just wait each of our turns out.

Now, stop reading if you like, cos from here this post is a bit of an OMG whinge/vent. And not a very cohesive one at that. Anyway, as you know, MIL is here for a couple of months, spending part of the time with us, and couple of nights with BIL, despite the fact that he doesnt actually want her to stay, but thats another story Anyway, shes been in tears today because were not letting her settle Liam when he cries and she wants to bottle feed him as thats what she did with her boys, ie feed them until they were sick then put them into the cot to cry themselves to sleep . Ive been soooo good this week, giving her as much time with him as I can, but when it comes to bed time for the night, or if hes hungry, then Im the one that gets the job, because at 4 months old Im quietly confident that ultimately he wants his mum more than anything else. Shes also fixated on taking him out in the pram on her own (see previous post from me, over my dead body), and shes also upset because shes got it into her head that she was going to look after him during the day. Not sure what she thinks Im going to be doing. Whenever he cries, she lets out an oh dear, as if hes naughty & Im incompetent. Doing my head in, and its only been a week. I dont know if anyone else finds this, but both MIL & my mum seem to want to take over whenever Liam is upset because they want to help and to give me a break. This is exactly opposite to helping what really helps is when people are talking and playing with him when hes happy, so that I can get on with cooking the dinner, cleaning or whatever. Im stopping now, cos I dont want to sound like a complete B1tch, thanks for letting me ramble on

Thank goodness for Belly Belly!

Janno27 I totally understand where you are coming from! I know what it is like when you feel like everything you do is wrong when really you just want to cuddle YOUR baby and give him the love he deserves! Stick to your guns!!! Maybe it would help if you write up a daily routine and include Grandma time and cuddle time with mum in the evening! HUGE :hugs: and stay strong
    xox

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your messages re: Poppa it was a crappy week. My dad is back from NZ today so my Nan will be sad. But we are going over there on 19th Jan so that is not too far away. Will be Olivia's first plane trip EIK!!!

I am determined to do personals when Olivia goes back to sleep at 1. she is asleep now but I have to go out to Baby Bunting in a min and straight back so DH can mow the lawns - oh how our lives are so structured now

Olivia rolled to her tummy for the first time on Thursday and now she does it all the time!!! We weighed her today and she is 7.5kg, last months she was 6.8kg so that is good and she is 66cm tall!!

I still haven't tried the rice cereal again, I am going to try her on some carrot and sweet potato this week though so see how that goes.

V - don't worry about not being excited about your dress. You really can't relax the week before your wedding. You are probably just hoping everything is done and is going to go ok. I think that is why most brides are nervous before their wedding - not because of marrying someone I think it more because you have planned this massive day for so long you want it all to go perfect IYKWIM??

BBL
    Lis xx

Jan- whinge away!
    Last edited by blueflower; December 9th, 2007 at 08:06 PM.

Jan.... I had my IL's here for a month just over a year ago (infact when we found out we were preg!) I love them dearly, BUT... They dont do routine & so we had Indah going crazy everynight & me having to work like 3 days ecah week, Dh was home for 3 wks but we were both at work the last week, so I was so exhausted as on days off we were up early to go to Zoo, Museum, etc etc!!!
    It was so exhausting & I'd go into work & be fuming over whatever little thing had upset me that day & posting in here how damned annoying they were....
    Anyone in your space & getting in your way is a huge PITA, no matter how helpful they think they are!
    My IL's started feeding Indah again, they would sleep with her in the bed & so we had weeks of a screaming kid because of this she had previously hand fed herself & slept OK in her cot!
    So whinge away, I have to confess to sobbing my herat out when they left as we werent sure when we'd see them again!!!

Whinge away it'll help the tension a little.....

Hi all,

Sara I am very often in the do I wake him as i need to leave predicament and I still don't know the answer. I guess all you can do is play each time by ear and hope you make the right choice, however I prefer not to wake Xavier.

Sascha last week it felt like xavier was bored with everything me included. I even found that he was sick of being in the lounge room and was happier to be walked around the house.

Jan, lol I was told that once little boys find their genitals thats it they won't stop touching them, lol but that is a very boy thing to do. So far all I have to contend with is Xavier knocking all the things off his change table. Very frustrating.
    Jan I here you, i'm right there with you. I'm lucky that my mum will hand him strait back if he's upset, but mil and fil have tried to calm him and they just can't. And it's heartbreaking to hear your baby cry like that when you know it is completely un-necessary. Have you tried getting your mum and you mil to go out and have lunch and your mum can show your mil around or something, sure they will probably talk about you the entire time but hey it will give you guys a break.

We had a photo with Santa on Saturday. he didn't cry which was good. I don't know if he even knew who had him, lol. It was a free one at Harvey Norman, and I bought the $5 pack that gives you a few copies. Now I just gotta find someone to make me an ornament with his name on it and I'll be happy.

Hey ladies,
    Sorry I have been MIA lately. Just been soooo busy. Having been trying to keep myself busy while DH is away. Only 12 more sleeps until he is back. Yey!!! I have been reading though, just don't seem to have enough time to write, so will try to now, while the kids are down.
    I have been trying to do as much study as possible at nights. But still moving at a very slow rate. Only about 1/2 way through the first module. But I have my first birth penciled in for next July. I'm so excited, she sounds really nice. We are going to meep up in February probably once her kids are back at school, so looking forward to that.
    I have also been stuck into the gardens lately. I'm trying to have them done before DH gets back. So far I have cleared them out, about 2 ute trys full of crap. And planted about 30 new plants. Now I'm shopping for a water feature and some rocks for the garden beds. I can't wait to see DH face when he gets back, it looks so different. I just wish I had taken a before shot, because I'm so proud at what I have done.
    We had our santa photos done too. Was such a cute pic. will try and download a scanned copy soon.

V, so close to your wedding now, good luck with it all.

Flossie, I give Jack his Farex at night, same time as Charlize has her dinner. Haven't given it to him more than once a day though, will leave this until he is 6 months. Then I will offer him some at breakfast too. Yey on Olivia, rolling over as well and but a champion at her weight gain, she is really thriving.

Rebecca, you will have to scan the pic with santa and post a copy. I had ours done last week too, it was a great shot. Both kids were smiling, Charlize at the camera and Jack was smiling up at Santa, it was so cute.

Jan, Jack as found his too. He loves to grab it and pull at it, so does his sister

See damm it, ran out of time. Sorry to all of those I have missed. BBL hopefully to continue.

Mel - i just looked at your Santa photo. It is beautiful! Such gorgeous kids!

I am another who has been and will be MIA. We are moving a couple of days after xmas, so busy, busy, busy. I think last time we moved (years ago before child!) we packed in like two days. I am doing this very slowly while T is asleep.. such fun! Will try to pop back later to hi properly

Mel your photo is gorgeous, I'm afraid mine isn't that good. Xavier is just sitting with a blank look on his face in santas arms. Will scan a copy when I get the bigger one back.

why do busy mums take on more and more and more, although I have to say the rest of you make me feel very lazy, I don't do anything.

HI everyone, have been MIA like some others

Fantastic news....... MIL does not have cancer in her spine!!!!
    We are overjoyed! She had a PET scan today, and the 'mass' is just scarred tissue from her previous lots of chemo.
    Oh thank goodness. We can have a happy christmas.
    Thanks so much to all of you for your thoughts.
    Will be back later to read and report

Nicky

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast