Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #11

Hi all,

Sorry MIA again. My Poppa passed away on Friday so its been full on trying to get flights for my Mum to go to meet Dad in NZ (my Dad's dad). I can't get over to NZ as my passports haven't come through yet as we are all going over in Jan. Poppa never got to meet Olivia (only on Skype) so very sad about that.
    The funeral is tomorrow so will be a crappy day tomorrow. He was my fav poppa - so funny, he was so kind hearted and just loved me his only grand daughter.

But, its my birthday today so having a drink, and toasting it to him.

What is the facebook group called? I love facebook and would love to join.

Are any of your bubbas on solids yet? Olivia will be 5 months on Friday and I woudl like to give her some rice ceral but don't know if I should....should i???

Flossie, sorry to hear of the passing of your Poppa.
    My thoughts are with your family at this time.
    - Nicky

Floss, so sorry to read about your pop. What a sad sad time for you and your family, thinking of you and hugs to you. And happy birthday, if that means anything atm. I hope you enjoy your drink. Jack has been on rice cereal for a couple of weeks now, each bubsis different. I started him at 4.5 months, and he was well ready just scoffed it down. My doc said I was fine to offer it to him.

bbl ladies

Hi all

Flossie - sorry to hear about your poppa - thinking of you and your family. Happy birthday as well and enjoy your drink tonight as you celebrate your poppas life.

Mel - any update on the doula course? I havent had a chance to read all of the posts yet so you may have already given us an update. How are you going on your own?

Star - I wear underwire bras when the outfit calls for it(which i the hot weather seems to be quite often-those maternity bras just dont cut it sometimes. I dont think there would be any problem wearing one given it wont be for an extended period of time. Enjoy the Xmas show!! Where are you having it?

I just jumped on here quickly while I am waiting for dinner to cook so I will deal with that and jump back on later to TRY and catch up on all the news!!

Hello everyone else I will do some proper personals later.

Take care
    Jem

floss sorry about your poppa and know we are all thinking of you

michael has been on solids from 4mths - we started with rice cereal and i've slowly intigrated other foods like single vegies and some fruits for a bit of flavour and suss out what he likes - i know some mums will say what till 6mths but my doc said it was ok to start earlier - he was starting to wake again through the night looking for a feed and my doc suggested starting him on solids to give him the sustinance (sp?) to last the night and so he wouldn't mess up the sleeping routine he had - hope it was helpful

Hi all,

Sasha it sounds like a good time to start solids. I bet she will love it.

Megan you sound like me a control freak, I hope you enjoy your holiday and the late trip wasn't too rough on you.

Star, I needed to wear a strapless bra to a costume party a few weeks ago and I went the under wire I figured a couple of hours wouldn't hurt. But if your concerned can you get ones that have removable straps and put some of those clear plastic straps on??

Floss, sorry to hear about your poppa, it is always hard to say goodbye to someone.
    Try the solids, she can always say no and you can try again next week.

with waiting till 6 months for solids, I have heard that it is better to at least offer them before the 6 month mark because by then it can be too late for some babies and they don't take to it the same way. So I figure any time between 4-6 months is fine.

Xavier had his needles today, and he screamed, yet no other probs. We had a lovley bath tonight and he kicked and kicked and kicked with a big smile on his face, he was having soo much fun and I wish I could have let him stay longer but my arm and back were hurting leaning over the bath.

I have been very naughty today buying my little man presents he doesn't need like a pirate backpack for when he goes to childcare to put all his stuff in, and a really expensive bib, but it's a pirate one too and cool, and toys. Plus he's seen all his presents already, I'll have to get Nathan to open them for him so someone is surprised.
    Then in addition to that I was naughty 'cause I went to the ABA website to find some info on ebm and I have ended up buying things including a tshirt for Xavier with a pic of a cow on it and it says I love my mums milk not milk from just any old cow! I thought it was cute.

Well I might go and sit with my buyers remorse, I join the ranks of those without a DH tonight, but just for the night, he is stuck in Swan Hill working expectantly.

bye

First dinners of rice cereal went down very well - she was grabbing for the spoon by the second mouthful. Yey! Then she wouldn't go to bed for ages. Boo.

Sorry to hear about your pop Flossie.

Flossie, my sympathies on the loss of your Poppa!!!

Iam not starting Zyon on Solids til he is atleast 6mths & even then if he isnt interested I am not gonna try to force him.. Indah ated mushedup foods & so from 7ish months went straight to finger foods!

all babies are different, but I am more than happy to just offer Zyon breast ATM!!

I'm sorry to hear about your poppa Flossie *hugs* I hope tomorrow passes very quickly for you and your family *hugs* The Facebook group is called July 2007 Baby Buddies Group - hope you're able to find it!

Hope everyone is well...I'm another who will be waiting til 6 months for solids...I'm enjoying not having to sterilise anything (other than dummies) at the moment. Given Alessia is sleeping well, gaining weight well and generally a happy baby, I see no reason to start early?

Hi Ladies
    How are we all?
    Well the weather is bonkers here at the moment. stinking hot in mornings and the thunder storms early afternoon that last the rest of the day. And when they do stop, it is sssoooooo humid.
    Well Floss, sorry to hear about your Pop. It is so sad when someone near you dies. Trust me I am soeaking from worlds of wisdom. You just need to remeber the good times with him, and it will seem like he is still right here with you.
    Congrates to who got engaged. Sorry cant remember back that far.
    Well brought a Medela BP and so have been busy pumping for my milk bank. I have to have anough for the 22nd dec when MIL "Claims her right' for Kaetlyn at her work christmas party. I brought some milk bags as well. Gee they are not cheap! Aaron still laughs at my expressing efforts and says 'is that all you got' LOL after 1/2 hour of expressiing.

Well, Yesterday was 1 year anniversary for mums death, so I spent the day mopeing around the house. It is such a had time, actually the whole year has been pretty damn hard if you ask me. Are there any other parents without parents in our july group?

Well since we have got back KAetlyn has decided that she is not to be rocked to sleep anymore and is quite happy to be out in her cot wide awake and settle herslef there.
    I am not sure what this is about, but hope it lasts! Her bed time seems to be getting progressively earlier as well. used to be 11pm, then 10.30 then 9ish, then yesterday i put her in the cat around 8.30 and tonight it was about 8. Not sure what is going on there??? Any suggestions???

Wwwell I am about to go and ahm express.. again... at lweast I am building up my supply as well! I figure that Kaetlyn fed around 7.30 so that is now 3 hours... should be plenty of milk there. I might 'run myself dry' so BB's make more milk
    Oh and I have finally put photos since Kaetlyns birth in the album... just have to label all the photos!

Nighty night all

Forgot to say congrats to AMM on your engagement. We went to the CookIslands for our honymoon so I love your choice of location. I am not sure if you have decided exactly where the wedding will be but Aitutaki was DIVINE! In saying that it is all pretty special.

Hi everyone

Flossie - sorry to hear about your Pop.

Rebecca - Hope you're not feeling too remorseful about your purchases. I too have spent a completely ridiculous amount of money recently. This time of year is so crazy for buying things, isn't it?

Sara - :hugs: Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope today is better for you. I still have both my parents but don't have an MIL. She died before I met DH, so I never knew her, but it sometimes makes me sad that she never got to know me or Diana.

Speaking of parents, does anyone else sometimes feel that no matter how old you get, your parents treat you like a stupid kid? My parents are trying to organise an EU passport for Diana (why she needs one so urgently right now I have no idea ), and are hassling me to get it organised saying it is very important. What, more important than settling, feeding and changing her?? I finally got the application sent off yesterday, but that hasn't stopped them demading to know exactly where I sent it, what I included, who I addressed it to, etc. Sheesh. Makes me feel like I am incapable of addressing and sending an envelope. They were going to pay for the application (costs about $200), but have annoyed me so much that I am thinking of telling them that I don't need their help. Problem is that I can't afford it at the moment. And if it was up to me I wouldn't trying to get the stupid thing organised at this time anyway.... Sorry, vent over.

Zofia, maybe they have an alteria motive? Maybe they are planning on paying for flights somewhere???? Oh i hope so!!!!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Its been a tough one, especially cause I am not over in NZ with Mum and Dad. But I will definately remember all the good times - he was such a funny guy

Well I tired Olivia with rice ceral after her 7am bottle and she spat it back out!! Maybe I should try it before her bottle? I don't know if I mixed it right, didn't look very tasty!! I was also told to start 4-6 months because after 6 months could be late for some babies, so I figure she will let us know if she is not ready. Will try her again before her next bottle.

I couldn't find the facebook group. Can someone invite me to it? Alisa Hardware is my name on facebook (and my real name LOL)

Hi flossie - I am not sure if I am correct, but I have heard that it can take up to 10 tries of the same food before bubs will take it.
    I'm sure that because she has been so used to liquid for so long and never had anything solid that she could swallow in her mouth, that she just doesnt know what to do with it.
    I am yet to try Lach on solids, I too am hoping to wait until 6 months of age. We have issues with constipation though and would like them resolved before starting solids.

Well, Lach slept for 5 hours in his cot last night!!! woot!
    Its the first time ever!
    he fell asleep on the floor in the lounge room on his belly, so I put him in his cot on his belly, and we didnt hear a peep from him tll 230am.It's so great knowing that I can have him int he cot and he will settle himself down. He slept the whole time without a dummy as well.
    I am so proud. lol
    So I'll be trying to put him in his cot every night from now on, and also during the day when I can

Hi everyone,

I have been so busy lately getting organised for christmas. MIL arrives in a week so getting house spotless! Not that she minds but I do.

Rebecca - How is Xavier coping today after his needles? That t-shirt you bought from ABA sounds so cute! I'm tempted to go and order one. My df is a bit insensitive too when it comes to all these 'firsts'. You should point out to your dh that a child turning one is also a celebration for the parents in that they made it through that first year!!!! LOL

Sacha - that is such a cute picture of Autumn. Good to hear the rice cereal went well.

Regarding the rice cereal - I'm giving Oliver the Rafferty's brand. It is organic and I think a much better texture and because it is organic it has a better flavour, not as bland.

Flossie - HI!!! We haven't "met" yet. I have always been told that it's best to give the solids after a milk feed, as at this stage the formula or bm is more important. Maybe try her at another time of the day? Also it is common for them to spit it out at first.

Blueflower - sorry about your mum. It is so hard that first year! I have lost both my parents. My dad when I was only 15 and my mum when I was 23. I have mentioned it before but she passed on Lexxen's 1st birthday. It is awful isn't it!!! Especially when you have a bub, you need and want your mum so much, because well, she's your mum! I know it is hard and sometimes that pain can be too much. I "talk" to my mum all the time and I know she is around me. I just hope I can be as wonderful mum to my boys as she was to us kids.

Well, Oliver is fast asleep so I'm going to do some pilates. I started it before I fell preg and am just getting back into it. I have a really good dvd that goes for about an hour. I really enjoy, can be hard work but does wonders for the body - well thats the plan anyway.

Have a great day everyone! Hope all those bubs are being angels for their mummies.

Well I went straight for the Rafferty's organic and bypassed the Farex so maybe that is why she liked it so much. Thanks about the photo Raels.

Hi all,

Sara you will get faster at the expressing I can do about 100ml's in about 5 mins with a hand pump if I do it at the right time. yay on Katelyn putting herself to sleep, and at a reasonable hour, I wouldn't bother asking why, just enjoy it
    Carefull running yourself dry at night 'cause in a few days you will have no choice and you will have to express before you go to bed. It took me a couple of days of waking up huge and leaking in the middle of the night and expressing at 4am for comfort when I decided I didn't want to be expressing every single night. at least if you do it in the mornings you can control excess milk easier and don't get interrupted sleep.

Zofia, I hear you, I'm sick of being treated like a child too. But my problem is more my sisters. The other day she was questioning my choice about something I gave my answer and she just kept harping on about it, high time she realised I'm allowed to have my own opinions. They don't seem to get that I actually do my homework before making a decision and don't just base it on the upfront $$ cost of something, but also it's long term environmental consequences etc etc. The argument was about air conditioning if anyone was wondering

Floss I think you have mixed it right if it doesn't look tasty. if she spits it back she's probably not ready but when offering you should def only offer after milk as it's the most important part, food is only for trying iykwim. I'd probably only offer once a day too, and the same time everyday.

Nicki, did you try putting him back in his cot at 2.30? I find middle of the night easiest for re-settling Xavier, but that could just be him.

Raels, Xavier coped really well after his needles. he didn't act too differently at all. a couple of red spots at the needle site and that's it. I did give him one lot of panadol because he was grizzly and he had a nice bath so hopefully those couple of things helped. I was quite excited about my t-shirt and then they phoned me today to say they no longer make that one and don't have his size left. I'm a little disappointed but hey it saved me $25.00. I did tell Nathan the party was for us more than anything but he probably took that as me making an excuse to have a birthday party and shower him with gifts. But wouldn't a person be disappointed to find out that their parents decided they wouldn't celebrate such a milestone purely on the basis that you wouldn't remember it? This is the man who doesn't believe in birthday cards or gift wrapping, it's his birthday today i didn't get him either and we are not having any slight form of party.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast