Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #12

Morning Everyone!!

Guess what I woke up with this morning??!! My PERIOD! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Me and Jason cant welcome in the new year tomorrow like we normally do!! BUGGER It must be because I didnt breastfeed over my wedding so my body thought that I am not breastfeeding anymore. Oh well! I dont get any period pain so I cant complain...

Mel - The ****tail party is coming along nicely. We've got to go out and get a few things this morning and then I am making some platters this afternoon. I hope its a good night!

Anyway, I better be off and get to the shops!! Will probably be around later while waiting for the guests

Jem - thanks for the info about Kimbaz's website. i did a search om her name and found the site - Beyond Belly - and got a swim nappy. Anyone else who wants one - get in quick. The suppliers have discontinued them so they are on special but limited sizes. Tom will be sporting a lime green one!

Flossie - you bring back memories for me! We used to swim at Emerald Lake when we were kids. i loved it - we practically spent all summer there. Dont worry - Liv will get used to the water soon. It is hot here today isnt it. 43degrees is just horrible.

Well we arent doing much tonight - just a bbq at a friends. Dont even know if i will make it to midnight . Tom woke up heaps last night - or rather kept crying out in his sleep. I think its the heat - or he is having nightmares about mummy feeding him more of those disgusting solids.. he really isnt impressed by them!

Sacha - i know - RatFace.. Its horrible, i just keep saying it. He doesnt even look like a rat..

Happy New Year everyone!! Hope you all have a great night!

Oh ta for the kind words guys
    Mel, I think DH wouldn't mind me getting pregnant right now actually. I originally wanted to have at least 2.5yrs in between kids but it took two years, an operation, and a lot of awful tasting herbal formula to get Autumn happening and I am 35 this year (2008) I know it's not that old for having babies but the risks do go up. What if it takes a long time again? What if I can't handle having two really young ones close together on my own all the time? What if, what if, what if. I thought that at least I couldn't make a decision when I didn't have my periods back but like Veronica, mine have just put in a return appearance even though I'm still breastfeeding twice a night! So right now, I'm thinking I'll wait until she is at least one before TTC but who knows whether I'll stick to that! lol

How'd Olivia go with the feed Flossie? I'll be having a sober New Year's too. DH is away and the weather is so windy and rainy I don't think I'm into going to family or friends so I'll probably be snoring at midnight unless Autie has other plans.

Em - lol at Tom's dreams Have you tried just putting some food on the tray and letting him play in it? Or just coating the spoon and giving him that to explore?

Sacha, so many what if's isn't there. Good luck with what ever you decide.

No big for me tonight, planning on being in bed asap, still trying to recover sleep I lost from a bbq we had on the weekend. As much as I enjoy entertaining, I know I'm going to pay for it big time.

It's funny reading about all this hot weather everyone is having. You wouldn't believe it if I told you I have long cotton pants on with a jumper. The weather up here is crazy at the moment, it's being overcast the last week or so with on and off rain, and the last few days has been blowing like mad. There is meant to be a cyclone brewing off the coast, Fraser Island is copping it big time. It's hard with the kids, as they only have summer clothes that fit at the moment with a cardi each and a Charlee has pants that fit from winter, but Jack only has long shorts, but he has me to cuddle into. But going to get some warmer clothes for emergencies next time at the shops.

Anyway if I don't get back on today.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE
    MAY 2008 BRING YOU EVERYTHING YOU DESIRE

Well have been reading but doing no posting as usual.LOL its like I am stalking you all! Opps that didnt sound to good

Hope you all have a good NYE what ever you are doing. All I am doing is pulling down the chrissy tree then going to bed. I have a stinking headache. Aaron is working. And my bro is going out with some school friends that get together when ever her comes back to sydney. He is busy packing, so I guess he is going to stay the night somewhere.

Im going to reccomend a book, its called Breast, Bottle, Bowl- The bestfed baby book. It covers everything from well breast to feeding, right up until about 5 I think it is. The dietitians at work gave it to me. It has when to introduce all types of foods into their diet and has recipies.

We tried Kaetlyn on a sippy cup today with water in it. I just wanted to see what she did. She wore more of the water as she didnt realise she had to swallow it and she spent the whole time either biting on the spout (she is teething)or poking her tongue out at the spout. Does anyone elses baby do that still and they are on solids already? I am thinking if it doesnt go soon, it might pose a problem when we start in a couple of weeks.

Well I am going to dig out the boxes to pack the christmas spirit away for aother year

Have a great time tonight on our bubbas first new years! Not that they will know what it means or anything

Hey everyone. I am signing off for the night. Shock Horror my computer is going off before 10pm!! LOL I hope everyone has fun doing whatever you are doing tonight and see you in the new year!!

Happy New Year

Well I'm a glutten, haven't been on for a few days and now I have pages and pages to read

Floss, yep same dog, give yourself time it will get annoying, he has an off switch though. Love the sound of your pampering, did you enjoy it all.

Mel, yay for harlize in her bed. OO I have some of the take and toss stuff too, I didn't know the spoons changed colour when the food was too hot, handy to know. the little containers are really good for sending dry biscuits to work with dh too

Sara we are only just starting food, but I'm using the spoons that mel said about because mil bought me some, and my avent cups. I use an ice cube of ebm thawed out and some farax baby rice atm. I also bought the solids starter kit, and i'm pretty happy with the trays for freezinf vegies they have 21 holes in them and it means you can have a whole weeks full of food ready in the trays. I would do it from scratch each time, however I'm about to become a busy working mum so don't think I'll have the energy to prep vegies after work.

oo don't tell me about cheap clothes on the net, way too easy to spend money I can't afford breathe, restrain myself from cheking them out.

Tracey, I'm with you on the freaking out going back to work. I'm ging back on the 7th too, it's crept up so quickly hasn't it.

well i'm finishing typing my post at 12.02 so again happy new year all

PHEW (cant read back I have 2 extar kids & theres WAY too much squealing going on!!!)

But glad your going backl to work with me Rebecca as I am not wnating too!!! LOL

HAPPY 2008 EVERYONE!!!

It's gonna be a GREAT YEAR!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

and

HAPPY 6 MONTHS BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY

I can't believe my baby is now 6 months old. I'm happy and sad at the same time.

Happy Half Year Jack!

Happy New Year To Everyone!!

Happy 6 Months To Jack!!

Quick question girls - how do your bubbba's sleep in the heat? T's sleeping has gone to crap the past few days - lucky if i get half hour for a day nap and lots of night waking. Do you think its the heat or something else?

Zy's just slepr 4+ hours e all love the heat though... he s;eeps way better in the heatr!

Em, some babies start waking during their sleep when they reach a milestone. Is he trying to crawl? Can you see any toothy pegs? It might not be it, but meeting new milestones can cause this. I read that they actually think about the milestone during their sleep, that can interupt it. Or it can just be the heat. I don't know how Jack sleeps in the heat yet, as we haven't really had any, currently 22 degrees here.

I was coming on here to ask if anyones bubba's sleep more during the heat. The last couple of days it has been really hot here and she has been sleeping heaps. When she is awake she is really happy though. IS this normal in the heat? Sorry Em, seems we have opposites for bubbas

Megan76 Guest

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Sorry i have been so busy and we are off to Tassie tommorow for my SIL's wedding! Given Lucas' behaviour today i think it could be a long 2008!!

Will catch up when i get back! XX

Apparently you go into a deeper sleep when it's hot, or something like that. I think that's the reason they tell you not to let babies overheat in bed because they go into a deep sleep and may have trouble rousing themselves leading to SIDS. Could be wrong but I thought I remembered reading that somewhere. But I don't think hot weather poses the same threat as too many blankets - sorry, realised I might have caused stress to some then.

Well we have just had 40mins of hysteria before she finally fell asleep These past couple of days, she has really gone backwards as far as settling goes. I think it's a combination of developmental stuff as Mel mentioned, and teeth starting to be on the move. This afternoon she got herself up onto hands and knees. I praised her with clapping and she got so excited she screamed and kept doing it over and over. I think she'll be happier when she can move and not rely on me for every change of scenery lol

Hugs for those going back to work, hope it all goes smoothly for you and your bubs.

Thanks for all your replies girls - i love you all for it! Tom is trying to start to crawl, is showing lots of teething signs and has developed an obsession with rolling - so i guess there is too much going on in his little brain for him to sleep.
    Feeding solids is going a little better - thanks so much Sacha for your suggestion of coating the spoon in food and letting him play. Once he got sick of eating today and clamped his lips shut on me, i gave him the spoon and he had a great time attacking it. He seemed to realise what to do so maybe tomorrow, it will finally all 'click' for him.

Mel - i am jealous of the 22 degrees! 40 here again today. Yukky!
    Megan - have fun in Tassie!

Ok - off to do more packing! Bye everyone x

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast